The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shut the fuck up every coach in the league would think about that decision. 20 MPH Winds means you can't make a field goal unless you're already licking the goalpost, and Peyton had been struggling all day in the wind (To the tune of <55% 150 yards 2TDs and an Int). Obvious decision is horrendously fucking obvious.

The butthurt seems to be strong within your heart.

Brady: 68% 350 yards 3 TDs 0 interceptions in 20 mph wind. YEAH TOTES AVERAGE, GUY.

And at this point I can very easily with tremendous confidence declare Brady the G.O.A.T. in shitty weather.
I think you could claim legitimately based on whatever reasoning you like that Brady is the GOAT in all weather at this point. He has the credentials. It would be dismissed as homerism unfortunately because of the lost Super Bowls, but when you keep in mind that no Super Bowls except when Cowboys (GOAT team ;D) were involved were ever particularly close games until this decade, when suddenly a majority were close, you realize you have to use different standards for counting Super Bowl wins/losses - a lot of contextualizing, a lot of "having had to watch those seasons".

& I am not saying that Super Bowl wins are the only credentials of course - I think Brees and Rodgers have both been much better QBs than P. Manning or Brady ever were. But between Brady always beating Manning, Brady playing better in cold weather (it directly leads to more playoff wins, dome teams are much more likely to lose on the road in playoffs than any other teams on the road), the 3 extra Super Bowl appearances, and basically matching P. stat by stat since Belichick flipped defense first for offense first, you can argue it without "being a homer". People put Elway in their top 5 QBs list all the time because he appeared in 5 Super Bowls and his teams won 2, and he had as many INTs as TDs for the first 10 seasons of his career and threw implausibly badly in 3 of his Super Bowl appearances (123 0/1, 108 0/2, 257 1/3) including one of the wins.

The 2011 Saints were the best team in the league and had they not lost to the lol rams they would have won the SB. It's crazy to think a dome affects opposing teams so much.

Eh i still think these new saints are inferior, even if i called brees peytons only legit mvp opponent early in the season. Those 2011 saints were so damn scary and i still thank alex smith for that sb win.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Saints are a much more complete team this year, actually having a respectable defense and run game to go along with Brees' amazing talent. I could definitely see them making a SB run, but they will need to be at home to beat the Seahawks which may not happen. We will see!

Who else is ready for some Turkey and Football!?!

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
How about tha panthers tho
cams getting a bj from the media now that they're relevant, aside from that ya theyre p good even though their last 2 games were kind of close [though they outplayed the patriots despite the end] its evident theyre a solid team on a streak although i see the saints beating them in their first matchup, possibly taking the away game as well. regardless the cats make the playoffs by the end of the year

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Cam Newton is probably getting a bit more credit than he deserves; yes, he has started to play much more consistent and mistake-free football, but that defense is finally getting recognized as the very good unit that it is. Additionally, Riverboat Ron finally decided to remove his head from his ass and "take risks", according to all the "experts" (though this just means he is listening to advanced statistics and making the smart decisions). At the moment, this is a dangerous team, and I'm just glad the Bills beat them back when they were in complete disarray.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Would be nice if Oher could stop killing drives so we could not let the Steelers hang around. You'd think he'd learn not to fucking false start

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh fuck off you have no idea he did it on purpose. Tomlin always has class so I'd be surprised if this was intentional.

Now I'm not saying it shouldn't have been penalized, but don't talk shit. You're about to get a huge fucking bullshit break right now because of the stupid helmet rule when Bell clearly crossed the goal line.

EDIT: Fuck that bullshit rule, everyone here knows that's a fucking touchdown.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Despite bad luck, can't really say the Ravens didn't deserve the win. They did play well, and it might be better if Pittsburgh's season is over earlier so they don't lose more people to injury. I don't think I've ever seen a team get hurt as much as them...

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh fuck off you have no idea he did it on purpose. Tomlin always has class so I'd be surprised if this was intentional.

Now I'm not saying it shouldn't have been penalized, but don't talk shit. You're about to get a huge fucking bullshit break right now because of the stupid helmet rule when Bell clearly crossed the goal line.

EDIT: Fuck that bullshit rule, everyone here knows that's a fucking touchdown.
You can honestly look at that play by Tomlin and not think it was intentional? Jesus

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
You can honestly look at that play by Tomlin and not think it was intentional? Jesus
He was looking straight at Jones and laughed afterwards. Whenever we play in our games and a coach is on the sideline, he moves out of the way well before the dude gets there. Tomlin has been classy as a coach but I have to agree with this, that was intentional as fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)