Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we ever figure out the exact mechanics of Dragon Tail? It appears to be weight based but any idea how it works?

Did we ever figure out the exact mechanics of Dragon Tail? It appears to be weight based but any idea how it works?
It's not based on weight..It just shuffles around the opponent's team but instead just doing that like roar/whirlwind it also does damage.. :)

So, I'm trying to use an Assault Vest Victini to soak up Special hits and hit back with Physical moves. It's successful on occasion, and can absorb a surprisingly powerful hit if I can get it a free switch-in, but it can still be OHKOd or 2HKOd by many special sweepers with a neutral hit + SR, or even sometimes just a neutral hit with no prior damage. The spread is 252 Atk, 4 Sp. Def, 252 Spd, Adamant nature. Is there anything I outspeed by running 252 Speed EVs that I don't outspeed with slightly fewer EVs, thus allowing me to invest them in Special Defence? What's the minimum amount of Speed I can get away with, to maximise efficiency?

With Poliwrath's increased base Atk I wonder if running Scald over Waterfall on a defensive set is as viable anymore(when there will be a tier where Poliwrath in general is viable of course). I think the burn might still be worth the loss in power.

If I breed a male shed skin dratini with a female marvel scale dratini, what is the chance of the offspring being marvel scale? What if both were marvel scale?

If I breed a male shed skin dratini with a female marvel scale dratini, what is the chance of the offspring being marvel scale? What if both were marvel scale?
When breeding (without Ditto), the offspring only has a chance for the hidden ability when its mother has it. What the father has is irrelevant. What exactly the chance is is unknown but the experience tend to 50/50.

Echoing on what Onicon said, if the HA percentages are anything like 5th gen (which sample testing data has seemed to confirm) the percent chance for a baby to inherit a HA is 60%.

I am trying to build a successful team around my head Pokémon, Lucario. I'm just not sure how to go about it......the complexities of team-building have never been a strong point for me. I mainly rely on not having two of the same type on a single team and trying to have an even blend of attack-types (physical and special). But now that I'm picking up the whole metagame again, I'm discovering that I'm a bit rusty. So if anyone can provide it, I'd like help on building a solid team around Lucario. This is his set as I am using him:

Item: Lucarionite (Immediately taking up the Mega Slot)
Ability: Inner Focus (Adaptability)
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 252 Speed, 152 Attack, 104 Sp. Attack
-Close Combat
-Flash Cannon
-Dark Pulse
-Extremespeed

I have a reason for using the moves and EVs listed. I believe that, with the addition of Adaptability and the Fairy type, Flash Cannon becomes a reliable and effective Special STAB. And this is, of you couldn't tell, a mixed set, meant to take advantage of BOTH of Lucario's attacking stats. So Flash Cannon and Close Combat are staying in there. Dark Pulse is there to cover Ghosts, and potentially Psychic types, though the lack of STAB may hamper it slightly. I may have to invest more in Special Attack. And Extremespeed is, obviously, powerful Priority, helpful for revenge-killing.

I'm training up a Scrafty, and looking at the metagame I'm wondering if he might be better off with Head Smash over Ice Punch for a coverage move with fighting/dark. Obviously fairies are its biggest problem and with head smash you can wreck Togekiss and do decent damage to Sylveon/Florges. I don't know how often people would switch Talonflame into Scrafty but its his best option for hitting it as well. You miss out on Garchomp, but all the Dragon/Flying types get hit hard anyway.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

If you have two hex-flawless parents and have one of them hold a Power item and another the Destiny Knot, will it guarantee a hex-flawless baby or will the IV passed down by the Power item be counted in the 5 IV's passed down by the Destiny Knot?
I'm breeding Relaxed Poliwag's for a Poliwrath and was just wondering if I could increase the chance of getting 6 perfect IV's while sacrificing the guaranteed nature.

If you have two hex-flawless parents and have one of them hold a Power item and another the Destiny Knot, will it guarantee a hex-flawless baby or will the IV passed down by the Power item be counted in the 5 IV's passed down by the Destiny Knot?
I'm breeding Relaxed Poliwag's for a Poliwrath and was just wondering if I could increase the chance of getting 6 perfect IV's while sacrificing the guaranteed nature.
From the Egg Abuse thread:

I just realized that the spreadsheet I posted was in view only mode.. that has now been fixed (the fact no one commented makes me believe that no one tried to edit it anyway...).

I have done a little research on destiny knot + power items. It's a small sample size, but this is how it has worked so far.

Power item for the random stat: one of the previous inherited stats is no longer inherited, the rest stay the same.

Power item for 4 of the other stats: no change other than the locked in stat.

Power item for the final stat: in addition to the stat being locked in, one of the other inherited stats changes. It can simply flip gender, move to the random stat for either gender, possibly stay the same. Even happens if the power item is given to the parent that the stat is normally inherited from, without a power item.
It looks like you cannot inherit 6 IVs. It it is applied to the wildcard stat, one of the other ones will be randomized.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I'm on my phone, so I can't exactly figure out how to do the whole IRC thing.

I was looking for suggestions for a team.

All are bred for IVs and EV trained accordingly. So far I have:

Timid Gengar
@ Gengarite

Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam
Substitute
Disable

Brave 0Speed Aegislash

King's Shield
Swords Dance
Sacred Sword
Shadow Sneak

Hasty Protean Greninja

U-Turn
Grass Knot
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump

Here are some pokemon I'd really like to use:

Volcarona
Magmortar
Lucario
Scizor
Dragonite
Umbreon

Anyway I could use one or more of these above listed pokemon to finish my team? I am not really going to get too serious with this - I just want to have a decent team.

Last edited:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
looking for bold rotom spit backs. this all i have to offer. i take other pokemon but i mostly want a bold rotom spitback. i like to breed them myself.

a bunch of spitback adamant larvitar with outrage, dragon dance, pursuit, stealth rock. most of them are quad flawless
a bunch of spitback adamant huge power marills with aqua jet. almost all are quad flawless.

edit- im also interested in protean frokie.
I have a few Bold Rotom I can give. But this really isn't the place to ask questions like that. VM me and I'll give you my friend code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)