Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Seems like noone saw my request for a scramble :)

Pokemon Black 2
No trading

Rules:
-No excessive grinding
-Normal rules

Pokemon:
- Torture the Sandile (by Snaquaza)
Hi, Viro. Meet Green - he'll be your Riolu-turned Lucario.

Green's quite soft-hearted and kind, albeit a little lazy. One thing, though - he loves technology, and computers in particular. To evolve his mind [and this his body], he requires a Metal Coat - it's for science, you must understand. And fashion. Despite the fact that he wears socks with sandles.

Finding his mental fortitude [but not sense of style - look at those baggy pants!] from evolution, he seeks a new path of enlightenment. He's not really cut out for being a fighting-type - he's more envious of those psychic intellectuals, able to defeat their opponents without even touching them, while at the same time pondering the meaning of life and debating the merits of Golem vs Rhydon in RBY OU between their fellow 'mon. As such, he must replace his physical moves with special ones as soon as possible [provided that he will still have at least one damage-inducing attack], and must learn and not forget Calm Mind [level-up], as well as Psychic [Route 13].

Furthermore, Green is very much an environmentalist, always has been, and as such, will not endorse the destructive chemical soup that is every type of man-made Potion, which include Full Heals and their ilk, as well as items such as Ethers. Use drinks such as Lemonade and Moo Moo Milk [only use the last one when you need to, though - he'll have to sit out the rest of the battle otherwise, as he's lactose intolerant and will thus make a big stink if left on the battlefield], as well as berries and the Pokemon Centre.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Asking politely for 3 more mons for White TReehollow Scramble...I seem to have been overlooked :<
Take a Ferrothorn named Great-Wall
Great Wall must solo any OU Pokemon you encounter, as it walls OU, but if it faints, it must solo all Pokemon of a lower tier (OU > UU > RU > NU > PU), if it faints after PU, it may not be used anymore.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Take a Ferrothorn named Great-Wall
Great Wall must solo any OU Pokemon you encounter, as it walls OU, but if it faints, it must solo all Pokemon of a lower tier (OU > UU > RU > NU > PU), if it faints after PU, it may not be used anymore.
I already have a Ferrothorn, I'm afraid. Also, that's a tad too complex of a challenge...would you mind giving me a different one?

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I already have a Ferrothorn, I'm afraid. Also, that's a tad too complex of a challenge...would you mind giving me a different one?
Sorry for not looking up what you already had, but I don't have much inspiration anymore after this, but if you don't mind too much, replace Ferrothorn with a Jellicent, with the same challenge, otherwise, sorry

UllarWarlord Take Legend the Metagross. Legend is a powerful being, a being of legend. As such, it refuses to assoiciate with the common riff-raff. Therefore, it may not battle against a NFE pokemon. It also may not switch in or switch out against a foe, except immediately after KOing a foe. It also may not use any contact move, as those would dirty its body against the commoners. It also may not resort to any dirty tricks (status moves), as its does not use such moves.

However, all legendary pokemon are not the common riff-raff. They are also beings of legend, and Legend must solo (or do its best try at soloing) all of them. The restriction against using contact moves is lifted, but other ones are still in place.

Also, Benga is a trainer of legend, being the first to reach the bottom of White Treehollow. Therefore, Legend may use contact moves against Benga's pokemon as well. Other restrictions are still in place.

Since Legend is a being of legend, it would not do for it to lose. As such, if it faints, it must take out its anger by soloing the next 5 trainers that have no NFE pokemon. If the trainer has an NFE pokemon, Legend must skip that trainer. If Legend faints again during the solo, 5 more trainer solos get added on top of what it already has.

If any rules of this challenge get violated, Legend is appalled by your lack of respect for its legend and may not be used again.

It's gonna take me a while to get all these out, but I shall start with reserving one for darknesscrusher. Edit in a bit.

Darknesscrusher, I believe that Blackbeard the asthmatic Koffing works.

Blackbeard is an aspiring pirate that hopes to be the best at plundering and pillaging. He loves to blast all his enemies with a smokescreen to shroud his masterful(hopefully) pirating. Blackbeard's health problem is a bit detrimental to his attempts to steal under the shroud of smoke. If he says out for too long in his own cover his asthma starts acting up and has to let one of his shipmates handle the job until he regains his breath. Once he has managed to plunder the booty of 10 unlucky people he is ready for the big leagues and can evolve. With this new form comes the ability to say out in his smokescreen longer, due to the extra set of lungs. Among the seas he will prove to all that he is the best, and shall solo at least 10 trainers on the open water, and crush Maxie because of his lack of respect for the sea.
-Smoke moves include smog, poison gas, haze, and smokescreen
-On the first turn he is in battle he must use a smoke move, and switch out because of his condition
-After switching, for the same battle he doesn't have to use a smoke move again
-If the opponent ever uses a smoke move he must switch out also
-After evolving he can stay in battle for two more turns after using a smoke move
-Finish the fight against 10 trainers to evolve
-Solo ten trainers on the water routes
-Solo the final Maxie fight

I hope this one works! As always, have fun!

Now a reserve for UltimaThunder

Last edited:

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
UllarWarlord Take Legend the Metagross. Legend is a powerful being, a being of legend. As such, it refuses to assoiciate with the common riff-raff. Therefore, it may not battle against a NFE pokemon. It also may not switch in or switch out against a foe, except immediately after KOing a foe. It also may not use any contact move, as those would dirty its body against the commoners. It also may not resort to any dirty tricks (status moves), as its does not use such moves.

However, all legendary pokemon are not the common riff-raff. They are also beings of legend, and Legend must solo (or do its best try at soloing) all of them. The restriction against using contact moves is lifted, but other ones are still in place.

Also, Benga is a trainer of legend, being the first to reach the bottom of White Treehollow. Therefore, Legend may use contact moves against Benga's pokemon as well. Other restrictions are still in place.

Since Legend is a being of legend, it would not do for it to lose. As such, if it faints, it must take out its anger by soloing the next 5 trainers that have no NFE pokemon. If the trainer has an NFE pokemon, Legend must skip that trainer. If Legend faints again during the solo, 5 more trainer solos get added on top of what it already has.

If any rules of this challenge get violated, Legend is appalled by your lack of respect for its legend and may not be used again.
Accepted. 2 to go!

Sorry Mulan15262 i think I will reject that, mainly because i was already given a sandile with a very similar theme, almost the same nickname and the Elite 4 challenge sounds very grindy (as it seems necessary to be very overleveled).
Hope thats alright for you ;)
They have a different theme (Torture tortures you, while Torturer tortures its foes), and the E4 challenge is unnecessary unless you want to do the post-game. If you want to do the post-game content, then you can push the E4 soloing back to the rematch, where it can be easily overleveled if you do other things first.

If you insist upon the different nickname, then you can change it. If it still seems to hard, then I'd be willing to give you a different, less grindy one.

Hulavuta wanted me to do this so meh I guess so

platinum, no trading available, medium difficulty

Rules:
- No level restrictions
- If you force moves upon me, only force two (I.e. you can force x pokemon to use move a and move b, but the other two are up to me)
- No item restrictions that force berries upon me. I don't have the time to grow them. otherwise go ahead on items
- Only ONE of my mons can have a gender/nature restriction. to clarify, I can have one mon restricted to one gender and another to x nature, or one mon to a certain nature and gender. I will not accept nature/gender restrictions if it is a rare pokemon.
- if a tm is one-off, obviously I won't have two mons have that move if they both learn through tm-only
- I will not breed anything.
- restrictions that require me, for example, to evolve a bidoof only when I have beaten Candace will be rejected.
- this will be 6 scramblemons.
- anything from a honey tree will be rejected
- I will only have two mons of the same type at most. (i.e: I use piplup + buizel, so shellos cannot be added)
Ok so apparently I am a massive dick to myself, so I am starting two more scramble challanges, in Yellow and HeartGold. I cannot trade in either, I want a extremely hard challenge, so go fucking nuts.

- Just follow the normal rules
- Nothing stupid
- no other rules

EDIT: Only three mons for each game, forgot about this one.
Just reminding people that I need 2 more for Plat and one each for Yellow and HeartGold.

And I require two mons for White Treehollow Scramble as well...
Alright.

Take RBY the Tauros.

This Tauros came from the Kanto region, and it remembers the glory days of RBY. It used to just spam Hyper Beam all over the place, and throw around other random attacks too. Its moveset must consist of Body Slam, Hyper Beam, Earthquake, and Blizzard at all times. In addition, it must always hold a Scope Lens to try to get back to its old critical hit rate. It also dislikes its old enemies, such as Starmie, Exeggutor, Alakazam, Golem, Rhydon, Cloyster, Chansey, and Snorlax. Thus, if it faces any Pokemon from those evolutionary families, it must solo that Pokemon. It's also really afraid of paralysis, as that would have left it useless in RBY, so against any Pokemon with Static or Effect Spore, it may not use Body Slam.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Alright.

Take RBY the Tauros.

This Tauros came from the Kanto region, and it remembers the glory days of RBY. It used to just spam Hyper Beam all over the place, and throw around other random attacks too. Its moveset must consist of Body Slam, Hyper Beam, Earthquake, and Blizzard at all times. In addition, it must always hold a Scope Lens to try to get back to its old critical hit rate. It also dislikes its old enemies, such as Starmie, Exeggutor, Alakazam, Golem, Rhydon, Cloyster, Chansey, and Snorlax. Thus, if it faces any Pokemon from those evolutionary families, it must solo that Pokemon. It's also really afraid of paralysis, as that would have left it useless in RBY, so against any Pokemon with Static or Effect Spore, it may not use Body Slam.
Done!

Oh my god F*ck Jigglypuff! I am so over Flanigan the Hoppip... He's so terrible.
For note to evolve he must Solo Grant... He is currently 10 levels higher (level 35) but still cannot take a single hit from Amuara (4x Takedown + Refrigerate+ STAB) or Tyrunt (2x Rock Tomb + STAB) and can't even deal 1/2 damage, my only chance is Hypnosis from Luna then switching back.
Even then this battle just makes me want to cry, I'm gonna have a level 50 Hoppip soon...

Red's The Pikachu ( Lvl 31 )
You must catch a Pikachu and name it StolenFromRed (if the character's fit, otherwise Red's will do). This Pikachu must not evolve. Pikachu must never faint. If it does either re-set, revive it straight away or lose the battle. Pikachu must also appear at least once in every major battle since catching. Major battles are Serena, Gyms, Flare Admins/Scientists and Elite 4

Jet the Fletchinder (Lvl 31 )
After hearing about the ability Gale Wings, Jet is completely obsessed with Speed, to reflect this Jet must know (as soon as possible):one priority move(basically Quick Attack), a move that boosts the speed stat (if it has a chance to boost speed (not sure if such a move can be learnt by it though) it counts), and a Flying-type move (because it wants Gale Wings so bad). You cannot use items on it when it is the active Pokemon in battle, because that'll just slow it down. To be allowed to evolve into a Talonflame, Jet must solo Korrina (the actual gym battle, not the other one). Why Korrina? Every other gym would have been too late/too easy/too hard.

Luna The Lunatone ( Lvl 29)
It can only use Psychic STAB, it can only have items used on it at night, and it must solo at least one of Olympia's Pokémon.

Flanigan The Hoppip (lvl 35)
Flanigan grew up in a terrain unsuited to trainer living and thinks that she has to be the leader of the pack and has to be out of a Horde. She has to be caught in an un-conventional pokeball ie;Dusk ball
She was pampered and was taking all of the chances. To evolve into Skiploom, she has to solo grant to evolve. if not, you have to use a Rare candy to evolve. Also, If flanigan dies mid-gym fight, she is the only one allowed to fight in the next area. To evolve into Jumpluff, it must 1 on 1 Ramos's Jumpluff. Once flanigan evolves into jumpluff, She has to be pampered so she only has tms/hms/Move tutor moves.
If you use not the highest form of healing on Flan, She is not allowed to keep battling

Wonder the Slowpoke (Lvl 35)
Now, this is a challenge that involves a wonder trade. As soon as you unlock the feature, you must catch a pokemon and wonder trade it off. Whetever species of Pokemon you get through wonder trade, that is what this Pokemon will be- ie you catch a pokemon of the same species or from the same evolution family as the one you got through Wonder trade. You can have two extra chances to get something you can use. Anyway, whatever species it is, Wonder believes it was chosen by fate to be the star of your team; hence, he must solo a gym leader, solo a pokemon in every major battle(Minus Battles that are already taken for Solo's) and solo Diantha's Gardevoir.

Red’s
[] Must Appear in all gym battles
[x] Must not evolve
[]Never faint
[]Must fight all Flare Admins/Scientists
[]All Serena Fights

Jet
[x]Priority move
[x] Speed Boosting move
[x]Flying Type move
[]Solo Korrina to evolve

Luna
[x]Psychic Type STAB Only
[x]Items only at night
[] Must Solo one of Olympia’s Pokemon.

MasterRace
[] Defeat all Trainer Dragons
[] Defeat all Trainer Fairies
[]Defeat all Trainer Ice types
[]Solo Valerie to evolve to Sliggoo
[]Solo Wulfric to evolve to Goodra

Flanigan
[x] Caught unconventionally (net ball)
[x] Solo Grant to Evolve Skiploom
[] Solo Ramos to evolve to Jumpluff
[] Only Tm/Hm/Move tutor moves
[] Highest form of healing only

Wonder
[] Solo a Gym (Due to other Specs it must be Clemont)
[] Solo one in all major battles (Minus Wulfric, Valerie, Grant and Korrina)
[] Solo Diantha’s Gardevoir

EDIT:
I finally beat him it took a lvl 40 Hoppip and a lvl 33 Lunatone's Hypnosis to do it but, I won That should definitely be the hardest fight I'l ever have.
Tyrunt still took a 3HKO...

Last edited:
All right guys. I'd like something for someone who has never done real challenges before. No excessive grinding, medium difficulty. Pokemon Red Version. I'd enjoy Pokemon with stories, but I'm down for anything.

Snaquaza

KACAW
TakatoGuil take an Ekans named Trap

Trap loves the RBY Wrap mechanics and wants to abuse them, so always have Wrap in it's move pool
However it needs to outspeed the opponent, so always have Glare as well
You may only use Wrap if something is paralyzed
Solo at least one Gym Leader only using Wrap and Glare

GL HF

Scramble challenge on my X I may also only catch one
9/10 difficulty
My rule: No Xerneas, and starter required, don't care which. The starter MUST be female and have a story as such. I may also only catch one Pokemon between each Gym zone. (This means I cannot catch anything from the first 3 routes or the forest, or Route 22, due to them being accessible before Gym 1, and me already having a starter from that zone.) I also mst replace Pokemon when I begin to have more than 6. No Magikarp or Luvdisc or Mega Evolution.
I do not wish to use Torchic or the Kanto starters.
I would not like to return to early Routes to catch Surf Pokemon.
I will not catch Pokemon in Reflection cave.
I will not use non-scramblemons. Therefore, I need Cut and Strength users at Victory Road, Surf post-2 or post-3 Lapras,Fly on anything post-3 or post-4, then Surf again post-anything but 2, and this Surfer, like most Surfers, should learn Waterfall.
If no one has reserved/created Lapras, you may not give me a non-Surf Poke for post-2.
Hide tags for Pokemon:
Take Barbie the Fennekin! Barbie is a super girly girl, and wants to be treated as such. She will not stand to be in your party if you don't buy a new piece of clothing daily, and switch outfits daily (every piece of clothing must be different, right down to the socks; once you can...try to change what you can until you can change everything), because she would just die of embarrassment if she was seen with a trainer who wears the same thing every day! Barbie must also stay trendy; give her a held item ASAP and switch it every day (so you can just keep switching the same two items if you feel like it; same with the outfits). Now to the in-battle restrictions! Once Barbie can, she must always have two pink moves in her moveset (so, Psychic, Fairy, and I'll count Poison), because they are very girly. She must use one of these moves in every battle. Barbie also wants to be the greatest girl there is! As such, she must solo all female Gym leaders (Viola, Korrina, and Valerie, excluding Olympia because you will have replaced Barbie by then)! Barbie's last restriction is to show that girls are better than boys! Have Barbie solo Grant

Possible:
Take Hippopotas the hungry Hippo (just name him Hippo). It may not have Dig or other moves that seem like they require a good deal of agility (like double team), because it's too fat to use them, but it has to have Bite AND Crunch (to eat).
When it is able to learn Fissure, it must do so and can't have Earthquake anymore (because it creates a fissure when it tries to earthquake). If you want, you can breed a Hippototas with Stockpile (which it may not forget). Not required though.
In battles, it has to always hold a berry and you must replace the berry asap if it eats it. It can only evolve after it has eaten 10 berries.

Hariyama reserved

Pinsir, Heracross, Tauros, Slowpoke, Exeggcute, Miltank, Pachirisu, Chatot, Wingull, Lapras

Dugtrio, Gible, Slugma, Graveler, Trapinch

Not yet!

Not yet!

Not yet!

Not yet!

Reservations may be made by specific Pokemon or Gym zone. I would prefer to have earlier Pokemon first. Starting today! I'll post Word docs documenting my adventure later!

This is important. Do not have me get Pokemon after I have beat a Gym after their availability.
For example, no Riolu/Lucario, as it is obtainable before Gym 1, whether or not I go onto Route 22.

Last edited:
UllarWarlord take Sandman the Aggron. It must know Sandstorm, Endeavor, Rest, and Iron Head, and have the Sturdy ability. Sandman is jealous of the little Arons taking him over with their SABERJuice sets, so he will be like them, too! He also must solo at least one Pokemon from each fight. It can only be affected by items while it is asleep. It can not hold anything except Chesto Berry or smooth rock (but only if you don't have any berries left.) You may not kill anything with Iron Head, or the trainer is not counted as soloed, and you must solo a second trainer.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)