Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How much does Seismic Toss do with Parental Bond? How do we know?
You can't know until someone lays his hands on Seismic Toss Kanga in XY, which, as far as I know, isn't possible until Pokebank is released, because Seismic Toss is a tutor move for Kanga in R/S/E.

asgdf

could've been worse
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
Can someone explain to me why I'm seeing so many Bisharp on the ladder?
While I haven't seen many, Bisharp got a boosted Knock off (only applies in Pokebank so far, as it only gets it in gen 5) which is stronger than both Night slash and Sucker punch if it knocks off an item and is well suited for sweeping after a Swords dance boost. Its Dark STAB can now hit Steel types, which posed a problem before as Bisharp had to give up a moveslot for Fighting type coverage if it wanted to hit them. Lastly, Steel STAB is a lot more useful now with fairies running around. While this is by no means an exhaustive list and I probably forgot something, these are most likely the main reason.

While I haven't seen many, Bisharp got a boosted Knock off (only applies in Pokebank so far, as it only gets it in gen 5) which is stronger than both Night slash and Sucker punch if it knocks off an item and is well suited for sweeping after a Swords dance boost. Its Dark STAB can now hit Steel types, which posed a problem before as Bisharp had to give up a moveslot for Fighting type coverage if it wanted to hit them. Lastly, Steel STAB is a lot more useful now with fairies running around. While this is by no means an exhaustive list and I probably forgot something, these are most likely the main reason.
Also, with Sticky Web being fairly popular, Bisharp can come in on Sticky Web and immediately get a free Swords Dance boost thanks to Defiant, then sweep by using Sucker Punch when it predicts an offensive move and Knock Off or Iron Head when it predicts a status move.

Last edited:
Is there any difference between Roar and Whirlwind (ex - different priorities)? I ask because I'd like to use Hippowdon with a phazing move, but the Smogon page recommends Whirlwind which requires more breeding instead of just using a TM.

Is there any difference between Roar and Whirlwind (ex - different priorities)? I ask because I'd like to use Hippowdon with a phazing move, but the Smogon page recommends Whirlwind which requires more breeding instead of just using a TM.
Roar can be blocked by Soundproof, Whirlwind cannot.

How much does Seismic Toss do with Parental Bond? How do we know?
You can't know until someone lays his hands on Seismic Toss Kanga in XY, which, as far as I know, isn't possible until Pokebank is released, because Seismic Toss is a tutor move for Kanga in R/S/E.
The Research thread found that it actually does full damage both times, so 200 at level 100. There could be a tiny chance that the ability behaved differently when Skill Swapped, so we don't know if a Mega Kangaskhan will still do two full hits.

so i saw in a chat that oblivous now blocks taunt is this true?»
It is true.

I am thinking of using Exploud, has anyone used him before/have any suggestions as to spreads/moves other than boomburst?
Boomburst
Flamethrower
Focus Blast
Overheat
Scrappy
item: Choice Specs
evs: 252 SpA / 108 SpD / 148 Spe
nature: Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)

Wat is currently the best zygarde set to run?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/completed-zygarde.3490993/#post-4944275
His best set is his dragon dance set but it's kinda outclassed by mega charizard x and dragonite. Basically his only use is for his coil set which is his 2nd best set.

In some ev spreads there are like 4 evs designated to something , for example, 252 atk 252 speed 4 hp. Why 4 evs? In X and Y, after you max out 2 stats in the super training, the evs left are 6, not 4

If I breed a male Boldore with stealth rock with a female Ferroseed with leech seed, what is the chance that both will get passed down?

If I breed a male Boldore with stealth rock with a female Ferroseed with leech seed, what is the chance that both will get passed down?
If I understand generation breeding VI mechanics like I think I do, both moves will be passed on to the offspring with 100% certainty since both SR and Leech Seed are egg moves for Ferroseed. Prior generations only allowed fathers to pass on egg moves to their offspring, but now mothers can too.

Sry for the repost, it was originally near the end of the page 95

In some ev spreads there are like 4 evs designated to something , for example, 252 atk 252 speed 4 hp. Why 4 evs? In X and Y, after you max out 2 stats in the super training, the evs left are 6, not 4

When reading about the Gengarite ban I noticed that they banned it for the "Support Characteristic" is there any way I can see the other characteristics, by which things are banned, just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)