Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
If a Transformed Ditto is defeated, does it yield Ditto's base Exp., or the Exp. of the Pokémon it transformed into?

If it's the latter, well, my Blissey has an appointment or two...
You have the tools, go and find out and report back to us? :)

so toys'r'us is having a sale on pokemon Y this weekend, it's only 19.99. My question is, if I use that copy to farm leftovers, how will i get them over to my main copy of pokemon X? I only have one 3DS, and no friends with 3DS's

so toys'r'us is having a sale on pokemon Y this weekend, it's only 19.99. My question is, if I use that copy to farm leftovers, how will i get them over to my main copy of pokemon X? I only have one 3DS, and no friends with 3DS's
Use the GTS. Attach your leftovers to a crappy pokemon on Y and ask for something ridiculous like Xerneas. Get on the GTS on your X, send Xerneas over and get your leftovers. Repeat to get Xerneas back on your X version.

that's stupid cheap. ask on the wifi forum simple request thread for someone to do a few trades, safer than the GTS. may as well farm the exclusive mega stones and lucky egg too, they should make for some decent trades.

If i am breeding Joltiks and they both have the unnerve ability what are my odds of getting the compoundeyes ability?
females have an 80% chance to pass on their normal ability and a 60% chance to pass on their hidden ability, and dont' forget about ability capsule, even though it is way too expensive.

In the past generations, I could make a wild Ditto transform into a Magikarp to make catching it easier. However, while catching Ditto in the Friend Safari, I tried it and could not catch it easily at 1HP with an Ultra Ball. Anyone else find this out?

On another tangent, does Masuda method work if one Pokemon is English and the other is foreign?

In the past generations, I could make a wild Ditto transform into a Magikarp to make catching it easier. However, while catching Ditto in the Friend Safari, I tried it and could not catch it easily at 1HP with an Ultra Ball. Anyone else find this out?

On another tangent, does Masuda method work if one Pokemon is English and the other is foreign?
I tried this as well, and the Ditto was NOT easy to catch. Hmmm. Sample size is small, but this is good evidence for Ditto not copying capture rates anymore.

As for the other, it works between two different languages. So English and French would work, but so would German and Japanese.

I tried this as well, and the Ditto was NOT easy to catch. Hmmm. Sample size is small, but this is good evidence for Ditto not copying capture rates anymore.

As for the other, it works between two different languages. So English and French would work, but so would German and Japanese.
I agree with your Ditto hypothesis. I encountered the same issue.

Probably already asked but I'd like to make sure of when the legendary bird's stats get fixed - can I soft reset once they're in the cave or will it be the same anyways?

So this is more of a happy accident, but I've been curious...

Before the 5th gym, I caught several Trapinch (F) and bred the one with the best Attack with an Adamant Scatterbug (M) w/Everstone to get an Adamant M Trapinch, like I wanted. Trapinch hatched with the moves Bulldoze, Bite, Rock Tomb(? I forget) and... Superpower. Is Superpower an egg move for Trapinch? Because I can't figure out where it came from. The Trapinch I bred were only lv. 22-28, not nearly high level enough to know the move on their own.

I'm not complaining, it's been very helpful to have that move from lv.1, I just don't quite know how that happened.

What are the "Happy Hour" pokemon? I've seen them mentioned a few times, but have no idea what they are. Also, what 2 pokemon would work for the Battle Chateau? I have no good ideas, and I don't really have any competivite level pokemon. Breeding is possible though.

So this is more of a happy accident, but I've been curious...

Before the 5th gym, I caught several Trapinch (F) and bred the one with the best Attack with an Adamant Scatterbug (M) w/Everstone to get an Adamant M Trapinch, like I wanted. Trapinch hatched with the moves Bulldoze, Bite, Rock Tomb(? I forget) and... Superpower. Is Superpower an egg move for Trapinch? Because I can't figure out where it came from. The Trapinch I bred were only lv. 22-28, not nearly high level enough to know the move on their own.

I'm not complaining, it's been very helpful to have that move from lv.1, I just don't quite know how that happened.
Superpower is a move learned at level 0 by all Trapinch.

I have been seeing this float around and have yet to find a legitimate guide, yet seen people trading cloned pokemon. Is cloning legit right now in Xy? If so is it being considered legitimate? I was reading up that the 3Ds system will delete clones and what not. If there is a thread with more details please direct me. Thanks in advance.

Bulbapedia Quote:
Generation VI
The cloning glitch in Generation VI works much the same as the method in Generation I, by breaking off a trade between two nearby Nintendo 3DS systems connected via infrared connection. Depending on the timing, the first Pokémon may be cloned, the trade may complete, or the Pokémon will be erased. However, the chance of a Pokémon being erased is small and this method is not known to pose any harm to the player's save data.

Youtube Video Backing up Method
another youtube video

Last edited:
I don't know about any glitch, but there are people out there cloning XY Pokemon. Their methods involve doing things that absolutely invalidate the warranty on your 3DS, though. And those methods are extremely time-consuming, have to be repeated for EACH clone, and require minute adjustments to tiny electronic pieces most normal people wouldn't want to mess with.

Will breeding a Milktank with a Tauros make both Miltank and Tauros, like Volbeat and Illumise do, or will the eggs only be Miltank? And if you catch a specific colored Flabébé/Floette/Florges [white, for example], and you breed it, will its' offspring all be the same color as the original?

About the Ditto Transforming thing:

Bulbapedia says:

Transform does not copy the target's status ailments, level, current or maximum HP, base experience, palette colors, catch rate or the generic minimize image.
That's from the Gen 1 description. So the whole entire tactic of having Ditto transform into a Magikarp never actually worked.

I personally find that odd (call me silly, but...) because when I got Ditto swarms in HG, I always brought a Magikarp with me to ease catching. I could catch a transformed Ditto at full HP with an Ultra Ball probably 90% of the time. I tried catching without it, and I had a significantly harder time doing it. Oh well... might just have been a case of stupid good luck.

About the Ditto Transforming thing:
That's from the Gen 1 description. So the whole entire tactic of having Ditto transform into a Magikarp never actually worked.
I personally find that odd (call me silly, but...) because when I got Ditto swarms in HG, I always brought a Magikarp with me to ease catching. I could catch a transformed Ditto at full HP with an Ultra Ball probably 90% of the time. I tried catching without it, and I had a significantly harder time doing it. Oh well... might just have been a case of stupid good luck.
That's odd. They must have forgotten to add the change. I remember at least in gen 4 and possibly gen 3 I could catch full-health Ditto just by having them Transform into Magikarp and chucking a simple Pokeball. I have boxes full of Ditto using this method. I too noticed a while ago that catching Ditto didn't work this way in gen 6 when I tried to stock up in the Friend Safari, but my comment went largely under the radar.

The Friend Safari is driving me nuts because of this. I need Dittos to breed with, but between their lower appearance rate (at least for me-I find the other two much more often) and the catch rate trick made null and void.....it's not fun :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)