Some sort of Egg 'RNG' Abuse (Read the first post!)

Nature of Magikarps - Quirky and Hardy, so that it doesn't affect the stats.
IVs of Magikarp (Male) - 8/2/14/29/5/10
IVs of Magikarp (Female) - 22/25/0/14/15/19
Since the IVs are so far apart, I was sure that the IVs would not overlap
IVs + nature (it might be possible you forgot the everstone the 1st time) of the test baby?

And also, check the IVs of your parent honedges again, if you haven't.

I am having some problems getting this right for my golett. Here are the details
Electrod IVs- 17-18/17-18/17-18/2-3/24/20-21
Dittos(destiny knot) - 4-5/6-7/13/3/7-8/17

Baby - 4/17-18/12-13/17-18/24/20-21
I then put in a golett(everstone) with 31/31/x/x/31/31 and a ditto(destiny knot) with 31/31/31/x/x/x
Each time the baby keeps coming out missing stats. Could the everstone be effecting it?

I'm having the same problem as the previous 2 people, after using this method 30+ times successfully, it now no longer works and only passes down 4ivs.

I'm having this issue as well. Literally bred a flawless Charmander earlier. I know this because I set it up to have Timid and wild card was Attack. I saved after I got the egg, hatched it AND checked it in Kiloude. It had 31 in everything but Attack. I SR'd and it's in an egg for the whole instacheck thing so I can get it shiny. I got this Charmander in the past 4-6 hours. There hasn't been any updates (to my knowledge), and people who haven't connected to the Global Link are being affected too, so I doubt they could sneak it into the game through the Global Link. :I this had to happen as I was getting ready to work on my good Venusaur.

I am having some problems getting this right for my golett. Here are the details
Electrod IVs- 17-18/17-18/17-18/2-3/24/20-21
Dittos(destiny knot) - 4-5/6-7/13/3/7-8/17

Baby - 4/17-18/12-13/17-18/24/20-21
I then put in a golett(everstone) with 31/31/x/x/31/31 and a ditto(destiny knot) with 31/31/31/x/x/x
Each time the baby keeps coming out missing stats. Could the everstone be effecting it?
In my experience everstone does not affect it, but if you didn't use it in your test did you remember to take into account the nature for your child's IVs? Other than that, double check the golett/ditto. Make sure you remember the destiny knot.

And wow lots of people having problems at once. Only time I've had problems is mismarking parents/ forgetting stupid stuff like the knot. I had no trouble last night, but I haven't been online (made any trades/etc) recently so... Can Nintendo even ninja-patch it like that? They made us download it from the store for the first one.

In order to troubleshoot I basically need the info provided by Zantos, + natures for the three.

Here is where things started fucking up for me:

(Child) Kangaskhan (F) - Jolly, Scrappy, 31\31\31\27\31\16
(Mother) Kangaskhan (F) - Jolly, Early Bird, 31\31\31\20\31\31
(Father) Charizard (M) - Jolly, Solar Power, 31\31\31\27\31\31

I had my friend who has Instacheck pull up their IV's. The mother I borrowed from my friend since I didn't have a 5 IV I could breed with and borrowing parents is pretty much the best way to get your own 5 IV's to use as either parents or competitively. I KNEW the Charizard was what it was cause I lucked out trying to get a good parent and got a flawless spread on my first try since I was trying to get a 3-4 IV Solar Power parent to use for this method back when I was working on it. And after the first fuck up with Kangaskhan I thought my friend mismarked it to have Defense when the first hatchling was lacking it. (I actually didn't check the first hatchling for some reason, late at night I suppose). Regardless, I knew the wildcard was definitely Special Attack, yet as you can see, the child didn't get the Speed from any parent. And as I mentioned before, literally 4-6 hours before attempting Kangaskhan, at the MOST, was when I bred a flawless Timid Solar Power 31/X/31/31/31/31 Charmander. I Instacheck'd it and used the Kiloude judge to check it, and I saved after I got the egg so I can get it shiny via Instacheck (Charmander (M) - Timid, Solar Power, 31\11\31\31\31\31 [3314]). So... man this is annoying. :I I really wanted to work on Bulbasaur next.

I had my friend who has Instacheck pull up their IV's. The mother I borrowed from my friend since I didn't have a 5 IV I could breed with and borrowing parents is pretty much the best way to get your own 5 IV's to use as either parents or competitively. I KNEW the Charizard was what it was cause I lucked out trying to get a good parent and got a flawless spread on my first try since I was trying to get a 3-4 IV Solar Power parent to use for this method back when I was working on it. And after the first fuck up with Kangaskhan I thought my friend mismarked it to have Defense when the first hatchling was lacking it. (I actually didn't check the first hatchling for some reason, late at night I suppose). Regardless, I knew the wildcard was definitely Special Attack, yet as you can see, the child didn't get the Speed from any parent. And as I mentioned before, literally 4-6 hours before attempting Kangaskhan, at the MOST, was when I bred a flawless Timid Solar Power 31/X/31/31/31/31 Charmander. I Instacheck'd it and used the Kiloude judge to check it, and I saved after I got the egg so I can get it shiny via Instacheck (Charmander (M) - Timid, Solar Power, 31\11\31\31\31\31 [3314]). So... man this is annoying. :I I really wanted to work on Bulbasaur next.
What method were you using to determine the wildcard was special attack? If it involved pokemon with a different gender ratio than kangaskhan (100% female), i believe the ratios were thought to affect inheritance earlier in this thread (though it may have only affected gender and ability). You could try doing the same thing with a different pokemon and comparing the resulting spreads.

What method were you using to determine the wildcard was special attack? If it involved pokemon with a different gender ratio than kangaskhan (100% female), i believe the ratios were thought to affect inheritance earlier in this thread (though it may have only affected gender and ability). You could try doing the same thing with a different pokemon and comparing the resulting spreads.
I did last night just to be double sure, I put in two Solosis for an inheritance of everything but Attack, and it came out 4 IV's instead of five. I can update saying I used a shitty wildcard to see if things somehow worked themselves out, and did it with my 6 IV'd Volcarona (31/31/31/31/31/31) and 5 IV'd Ditto (31/X/31/31/31/31) on an inheritance that lacked Defense and I got the 5 IV's. Plus I'm not sure if the other people above were trying to breed Kangaskhan/other gender ratio Pokemon (100% female/100% male) or not. But it did happen with the Solosis as I said and it's a 50/50.

Also here's what I've been doing since I started using this whole Pseudo-RNG method:

1. Put Magikarp-m (Everstone) and Magikarp-f (Destiny Knot) in Daycare.
2. Run around till egg is generated.
3. Reject egg and save.
4. Repeat 2.
5. Accept egg and fly to Lumoise.
6. Hatch egg, take battle test and take note of inheritance.
7. Reset and replace with appropriate parents.
8. Repeat 2 and accept egg.
8-1. Save Game if 5 IV Pokemon is desired shiny via Instacheck.
9. Fly to Kiloude, hatch egg and check stats.

This has 100% worked for me fine till last night. :/ I literally have these sitting in a box and I'm 100% positive their IV's are correct, they're kind of just waiting to be hatched shiny.

Egg #1 (Dratini - Jolly - 31/31/31/X/31/31 - SV = 3070)

Egg #2 (Deino - Timid - 31/X/31/31/31/31 - SV = 228)

Egg #3 (Dratini - Jolly - 31/31/31/X/31/31 - SV = 3448)

Egg #4 (Larvesta - Timid - 31/X/31/31/31/31 - SV = 1548)

Egg #5 (Gligar - Impish - 31/31/31/X/31/31 - SV = 3653)

Egg #6 (Drilbur - Adamant - 31/31/31/X/31/31 - SV = 2398)

Egg #7 (Bagon - Adamant - 31/31/31/X/31/31 - SV = 3551)

Egg #8 (Solosis - Bold - 31/X/31/31/31/31 - SV = 2652)

Egg #9 (Rotom - Timid - 31/X/31/31/31/31 - SV = 3052)

Egg #10 (Squirtle - Modest - 31/X/31/31/31/31 - SV = 3321)

Egg #11 (Charmander - Timid - 31/X/31/31/31/31 - SV = 3314)

Last edited:
Perhaps, I think this exploit only works a while. After you have used it for quite some time, this exploit stops working.

Its working again now. Idk wtf happened or is going on. -_- I've gotten these today:

Egg #12 (Charmander - Timid - 31/X/31/31/31/31 - SV = NeedsToBeChecked)

Egg #13 (Larvitar - Adamant - 31/31/31/X/31/31 - SV = NeedsToBeChecked)

I think somehow breeding something that's 100% Male or Female might cause the fuck up but idk. I haven't retried breeding Kangaskhan yet.

Its working again now. Idk wtf happened or is going on. -_- I've gotten these today:

Egg #12 (Charmander - Timid - 31/X/31/31/31/31 - SV = NeedsToBeChecked)

Egg #13 (Larvitar - Adamant - 31/31/31/X/31/31 - SV = NeedsToBeChecked)

I think somehow breeding something that's 100% Male or Female might cause the fuck up but idk. I haven't retried breeding Kangaskhan yet.
This method completely stopped working for me...
If the test parents has unsatisfactory stats in 5 IV, such as 31/31/31/31/31/x, when you reset, did you soft reset and run around, reject another egg, save, and generate a new egg?

I might be missing something here, but surely Speed is the wildcard for the Kangaskhan spread, with the Sp.A. being inherited from the father? Do you have the stats of the parents & child that you used when scouting the inheritance spread?

On gender ratios, it was mentioned earlier in this thread that the inherited spread seems to depend on whether the offspring can be either gender or not. Thus Kangaskhan as a 100 % female species will not match spreads that are scouted using pokemon that can be male or female. (Such as Charmander or Larvitar)

edit: The post I was thinking of was Arc Tech's post here. Worth checking out the previous page of the topic to see their testing of this hypothesis too.

Last edited:
Didn't see it earlier in the thread, but are egg output genders pre-determined at the same time as IVs? I don't have access to a Ditto Safari and I'm having a hard time breeding IVs onto Kabuto because of his 7:1 M:F ratio. x_x

Check this post. For a given seed, the gender of your offspring Kabuto will remain fixed even if you soft-reset and claim the egg again.

And yeah, 7:1 ratios suck. Keep powering through!

I might be missing something here, but surely Speed is the wildcard for the Kangaskhan spread, with the Sp.A. being inherited from the father? Do you have the stats of the parents & child that you used when scouting the inheritance spread?

On gender ratios, it was mentioned earlier in this thread that the inherited spread seems to depend on whether the offspring can be either gender or not. Thus Kangaskhan as a 100 % female species will not match spreads that are scouted using pokemon that can be male or female. (Such as Charmander or Larvitar)

edit: The post I was thinking of was Arc Tech's post here. Worth checking out the previous page of the topic to see their testing of this hypothesis too.
No it wasn't the Speed. When I took note of the Magikarp's stats when I was trying to find a good spread, the wildcard was Special Attack. When I went to breed the Kangaskhan it came out fucked up. It happened not once, but at least twice. The first time I was supposed to get Defense but didn't, it had everything but Defense and Special Attack, and I know the wildcard was Special Attack. :I I've done this a lot, like a lot a lot and have gotten completely used to my Magikarp's stats, and instantly noticing a wildcard. It happened with both pairs of Magikarp parents too. I tried a second set of parents just to be sure it wasn't my Magikarp's fucking up somehow and that wasn't the issue.

Edit: Also that thing about Arc Tech's post. I managed to breed a 5 IV flawless Rotom with no problem. Ditto counts as the mother when passing down IV's. I figured that out when I tried it the first time and thought Rotom would be the mother since they're both genderless and obv you can't hatch Ditto.

No it wasn't the Speed. When I took note of the Magikarp's stats when I was trying to find a good spread, the wildcard was Special Attack. When I went to breed the Kangaskhan it came out fucked up. It happened not once, but at least twice. The first time I was supposed to get Defense but didn't, it had everything but Defense and Special Attack, and I know the wildcard was Special Attack. :I I've done this a lot, like a lot a lot and have gotten completely used to my Magikarp's stats, and instantly noticing a wildcard. It happened with both pairs of Magikarp parents too. I tried a second set of parents just to be sure it wasn't my Magikarp's fucking up somehow and that wasn't the issue.

Edit: Also that thing about Arc Tech's post. I managed to breed a 5 IV flawless Rotom with no problem. Ditto counts as the mother when passing down IV's. I figured that out when I tried it the first time and thought Rotom would be the mother since they're both genderless and obv you can't hatch Ditto.
Pokemon with different genders (like magikarp) cannot be used as test parents for pokemon that are genderless or only have one gender (like kangaskhan). There are two different spreads, one for each group. In the case of your rotom you got lucky (there is a decent chance for them to be the same).

Pokemon with different genders (like magikarp) cannot be used as test parents for pokemon that are genderless or only have one gender (like kangaskhan). There are two different spreads, one for each group. In the case of your rotom you got lucky (there is a decent chance for them to be the same).
I figured that since everything said that Ditto acts as the female that it'd just come down to Ditto passing down females IV's and the other genderless passing down the males lol. So with things like Kangaskhan you need a test female that's 100% female? Do you have to pair it up with a 100% male as well?

I figured that since everything said that Ditto acts as the female that it'd just come down to Ditto passing down females IV's and the other genderless passing down the males lol. So with things like Kangaskhan you need a test female that's 100% female? Do you have to pair it up with a 100% male as well?
100% male + ditto, any father + 100% female, and genderless + ditto all use the same spread. You can use any test parent that is in one of these groups. The purpose of ditto being the female is to relate the genderless + ditto to the other two spreads in this group.

So, I read back a few pages and didn't see this stated outright. Since the random stat is set with the inheritance, this method is kind of useless when going for 6 flawless, right? I'm better off mass breeding as usual?

So I managed to find my problem. Well, I should say problems. I was using the spread of a male+female to try to determine a genderless. I was also getting a egg ready, saving, hatching then resetting. I fixed those problems and soon got the 5iv golett I was going for.

So, I read back a few pages and didn't see this stated outright. Since the random stat is set with the inheritance, this method is kind of useless when going for 6 flawless, right? I'm better off mass breeding as usual?
Depends on if you have another game in which to breed up necessary parents. What you do if you want 6 IV is just keep going for new spreads until you find one that has a random stat of 31. It'll take about 32 eggs (at 1 egg at the time) vs 96 eggs (multiple at a time, assuming two 5 IV parents with the imperfect being in different stats). The big benefits of this method is that you can make a bunch of high stat pokemon quickly, but won't necessarily get the one your looking for (without the other game to breed parents on when you do get the right inheritance spread), and it being a bit easier to hands off (you can just go to Lumiose after getting the egg).

I discovered that's not the case more recently. Mass breeding for perfect would only be faster if both your parents had 6IVs. Otherwise your chances are slim even if both parents have 5IVs in the same stats.
I think this pseudo-rng method is way faster because your scout Magikarps could tell you which random stat got a 31 (for my method I have three columns: stats for the male karp, stats for the female karp, and then stats for if the karp got a random 31 IV) and then you can just keep rinse-and-repeating until you see a 31IV in ANY stat (the chances are 1/31). If I see that a stat doesn't match the male or female columns, but matches the stat of the 31 IV column, that means I can easily make a perfect Pokemon after the SR (quite possibly with just 3IV and 2IV parents too!)
This is how I unintentionally made a 6IV Squirtle last night. I was breeding Joltiks and noticed the random 31IV, so I took a break from the Joltiks and swapped them out for a 2IV and 3IV parents and easily got my first perfect from the game.
It also agonized me because I JUST decided to add on the third 31IV column to my reference sheet a few days ago and it made me wonder how many times in the past I've overlooked the random stat as I was only intentionally breeding 5IV Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)