"Worst Kalos Pokemon?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florges and Sylveon are fantastic, and Aromatisse is amazing in doubles. Aromatisse is probably one of the best XY additions to the doubles metagame.
Seconding Aromatisse, I use it in my Trick Room for VGC, it's an AMAZING setter/supporter.

Agreeing with the rest of you here. Aromatisse is just awesome in Doubles. Nice movepool, stats, bulk, and an amazing ability in Aroma Veil.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Fuck ALL OF YOU guys, mah buoi Dedenne is still the cutest thing since Emma Watson. I couldnt give 2 flying ducks less about competitive usage, cuz, getting into that standpoint, about 5 evolutionary lines have anything to do in OU. Design-wise, yeah i see all of you saying its unoriginal, and is ee nobody mentioning Doublade, Dugtrio, Magneton, Muk and may others. I guess fan favorites, but to get my point: bad designs do not exist, if they are appealing in ANY way to ANY person then it can be considered a good design, at least in my eyes.

Welp, enough rant about Dedenne, tbh, my least favorite Kalos poke (not hate) would be Aromatisse by a long shot, ughh god dammnit, hwo can you be the perfume pokemon and be so ugly? Runner up for the Barbaracle line.

Fav poke of this region goes to my nigga Greninja, runner up to, idk, tbh, i didnt care much about the designs this gen due to how unappealing they were to me for the most part, i guess, umm, Yveltal? tho legends shouldnt count. Bleh, give it to Aegislash, third would be Diggersby tho.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Quilladin/Chesnaught are, simply put, terrible. I liked Chespin, I really did, but... These? Really? Quilladin looks like an obese Chespin while Chesnaught looks kind of like an American football player with a spiky shell (spikes typically equate to "hell no" in my books, with the exception of Lucario/Mega Lucario) and rigid limbs. Every time I see Chesnaught, I think:

"RRRRRAAAAAWWWRRRRR! I AM CHESNAUGHT, DESTROYER OF WORLDS!!!!! .... Um, excuse me, can you help me open that door? I can barely move my arms..."

Easily the worst Kalos Pokemon design-wise.

Worst competitively is Dedenne, because it does nothing. Carbink is also bad for a similar reason, but... At least it has more uses than Dedenne?

But, the worst Kalos Pokemon overall is........ Diggersby.

Diggersby sucks design-wise, but most importantly...

FUCKING DIGGERSBY THO UGH THAT MEME IS SO FUCKING ANNOYING EVERY TIME SOMEONE SAYS THAT SHIT I WANT TO PUNCH THEM IN THE FUCKING FACE, THEN PUNCH THEIR MOTHER IN THE FACE FOR GIVING BIRTH TO THEM, THEN PUNCH THEIR FATHER IN THE FACE FOR GETTING THEIR MOTHER PREGNANT, AND THEN PUNCH THEIR GRANDPARENTS IN THE FACE FOR CONCEIVING THEIR PARENTS WHO CONCEIVED THEM! ALL BECAUSE THIS PERSON SAYS THAT GOD DAMN FUCKING STUPID DIGGERSBY THO! GOD DAMN IT I WANNA FUCKING PUNCH SHOFU IN THE FACE TOO FOR STARTING THIS!

Quilladin/Chesnaught are, simply put, terrible. I liked Chespin, I really did, but... These? Really? Quilladin looks like an obese Chespin while Chesnaught looks kind of like an American football player with a spiky shell (spikes typically equate to "hell no" in my books, with the exception of Lucario/Mega Lucario) and rigid limbs. Every time I see Chesnaught, I think:

"RRRRRAAAAAWWWRRRRR! I AM CHESNAUGHT, DESTROYER OF WORLDS!!!!! .... Um, excuse me, can you help me open that door? I can barely move my arms..."

Easily the worst Kalos Pokemon design-wise.

Worst competitively is Dedenne, because it does nothing. Carbink is also bad for a similar reason, but... At least it has more uses than Dedenne?

But, the worst Kalos Pokemon overall is........ Diggersby.

Diggersby sucks design-wise, but most importantly...

FUCKING DIGGERSBY THO UGH THAT MEME IS SO FUCKING ANNOYING EVERY TIME SOMEONE SAYS THAT SHIT I WANT TO PUNCH THEM IN THE FUCKING FACE, THEN PUNCH THEIR MOTHER IN THE FACE FOR GIVING BIRTH TO THEM, THEN PUNCH THEIR FATHER IN THE FACE FOR GETTING THEIR MOTHER PREGNANT, AND THEN PUNCH THEIR GRANDPARENTS IN THE FACE FOR CONCEIVING THEIR PARENTS WHO CONCEIVED THEM! ALL BECAUSE THIS PERSON SAYS THAT GOD DAMN FUCKING STUPID DIGGERSBY THO! GOD DAMN IT I WANNA FUCKING PUNCH SHOFU IN THE FACE TOO FOR STARTING THIS!
....Diggersby, though?

(Sorry, but how could I resist?)

Last edited:
Competitively, I'm really upset with Aurorus. Amargasaurus is my favourite dinosaur ever and to think that the Pokemon version of it has arguably the worst defensive typing possible, is just so depressing.

Looks like I'm going to start having to say: "Smogon are st00pid, they don't let you use your favourites".

As for designs it would probably be easier to list the things I don't hate, but that wouldn't be fun.
Chespin/Chesnaut - Nothing that hasn't already been said.
Delphox - Looks like a digimon, and I was so set on using Fennekin too. Admittedly, the official art doesn't make it look too bad.
Greninja - My first impresion: "that's a cool scarf, wait, why is its' mouth open? Oh, ew ew ew."
Diggersby - ...
Talonflame - I'm not sure why, but it just looks kind of wrong, like it was designed by a kid or something.
Florges - What happened? Floette was so cool! Why Game Freak, why?!
Aromatisse - And I was really digging Spritzee too...
Slurpuff - A cotton candy/dog/pastrie chef... thing. And, for the record, I genuinely love Vanilluxe.
Tyrantrum - As a wannabe palaeontologist, the idea of a bearded dinosaur is particularly frustrating, probably not a common complaint? Also, that name.
Dedenne - Look at Emolga, that's how you make a Pikachu clone, not this.

Anything I didn't mention, you can assume I either love or don't hate quite enough to put in this list.

Quilladin/Chesnaught are, simply put, terrible. I liked Chespin, I really did, but... These? Really? Quilladin looks like an obese Chespin while Chesnaught looks kind of like an American football player with a spiky shell (spikes typically equate to "hell no" in my books, with the exception of Lucario/Mega Lucario) and rigid limbs.
I don't understand the Chesnaught hate at all, so I'm gonna try to defend it a bit.

Chesnaught is the "Spiny Armor Pokemon." It's heavily based on chestnuts, which have spiny coats, alongside spiny mammals like hedgehogs. It's signature move is Spiky Shield.

In what way do spikes detract from the design when that's such an integral part of the concept? The concept itself isn't inherently flawed because it involves spikes, is it? There are a lot of designs that I think are hurt by unnecessary spikes (Lucario's chest spike comes to mind, actually,) but in this case the entire design is centered around spikes, and they don't seem unnecessary in the slightest.

All-in-all, Chesnaught seems really solid to me. The spiny mammal idea combines well with grass typing as a whole, and he has the look of a bulky, armored fighter.

Other than dedenne which is obviously bad for lots of reasons I think I was most disappointed by slurpuff.

Swirlix is awesome, I really love it's design but just like spoink and glameow (who I also like the design of) it's ruined forever for having a ridiculously ugly mega evo. At least for me.

I definitely agree with the hundred-or-so people who said Dedenne competitively speaking. I mean, I kinda expect it since every other Pikaclone is pretty bad in a competitive sense, but Dedenne takes the cake. It's good typing is only followed by terrible stats (save for maybe speed) and an even worse movepool. And also, it looks like Raichu for crying out loud! -_-

Design-wise, I have to say Quilladin is the worst. Before X & Y's release, I loved all three of the starters and I thought I was going to have a hard time choosing between them. And then, Quilladin was revealed. What was GameFreak thinking? They made an adorable little rodent-like mon fatter and really derpy. It's such a shame, too because the Grass-starters usually get good designs. Quilladin just ruins the whole line for me (sorry if that sounds harsh).

Also, this thing:

^Has to be the ugliest bug to date.

Last edited:
Dedenne sounds bad..... Just sayin...
Design wise, its probably Klefki.
Who wants a fighting key ring on their team!!!!!!!!!
For type changes- Granbull
I know that Snubull is the fairy pokemon, but still- I do not want a fighting bulldog-fairy on my team!!!!!!

I definitely agree with the hundred-or-so people who said Dedenne competitively speaking. I mean, I kinda expect it since every other Pikaclone is pretty bad in a competitive sense, but Dedenne takes the cake. It's good typing is only followed by terrible stats (save for maybe speed) and an even worse movepool. And also, it looks like Raichu for crying out loud! -_-

Design-wise, I have to say Quilladin is the worst. Before X & Y's release, I loved all three of the starters and I thought I was going to have a hard time choosing between them. And then, Quilladin was revealed. What was GameFreak thinking? They made an adorable little rodent-like mon fatter and really derpy. It's such a shame, too because the Grass-starters usually get good designs. Quilladin just ruins the whole line for me (sorry if that sounds harsh).

Also, this thing:

^Has to be the ugliest bug to date.
It's even worse than Caterpie!!!!! And maybe Weedle.
Vivillion isn't that good too. Scatterbug's the 1st pokemon you face in super training for a reason.

Well, it looks like a Mexican wrestler because... it's based on Mexican wrestlers. Hence the "Lucha" in its name.

I like Hawlucha, actually. Except for its mouth. I wish its mouth was the beak, not under it, because it makes it look less like a bird and more like a human-ish, which I don't really like.
Whenever I see Hawlucha, the 'Mucha Lucha' theme song plays in my head. Used to love that show when I was little. :p Its' shiny sprite looks amazing too, but I do agree they shouldn't have given it a human-like mouth AND a beak. It should look more like a bird, but whatcha gonna do? MUUUUCCCCHHHHHHAAAAAA LUUUUCCCCHHHHHAAAAAA!

I'm on the fence about Diggersby, honestly. On one hand, it has amazing typing with its' Normal and Ground STABS, and a prey good move pool, with EQ, Wild Charge, Return, and others. But on the other hand, its' design is mildly unnerving. Looks something like a mix between Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, and Roger Rabbit. And that smile. *shudders* That thing gets anywhere near me with that creepy smile, it's getting a shotgun round right to the face. -.- Would kind of be worried about my mental well being at that point. :|

I felt the need to step into this thread when I saw Slurpuff being dissed. You simply have to love the awkward pokemon-amie animation when you rub its belly. Besides, this isn't the first time they've made a pokemon based on a delicious dessert. Remember the Vanillite evolutionary line? Also, don't forget that there's currently a sweeper belly drum set out for it right now. Give it a turn to set up and it'll go rogue-mallow all over your parade. The worst (at least in appearance) pokemon in this generation imo is Slurpuff's counterpart, Aromatisse, which thanks to StallMandibuzz, I will never be able to get out of my head as Nigel Thornberry gone transvestite.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
It's hard for me to like Aromatisse's design given it reminds me of the existence of the movie Pink Flamingos whenever I see that.... thing. I want to use it, but the uncanny valley aura it gives off is preventing me from doing so. And that's just accounting my thoughts on the thing before I saw the Nigel Thornberry fusion above.

Oh god, now I'm going to imagine my Sprizee yelling "SMASHING." in Y thanks to you guys D:.

Also, Pink Flamingos!? How...

You know what, I'm not even going to ask.

Personally, I don't see the Nigel Thornberry resemblance, because I interpret Spritzee/Aromatisse's snout not as a nose but as a bird-like beak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)