Other Good Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm by no means experienced at this, so here goes nothing:

An offensive core I made for battle maison, looking forward to using it in battles. Any criticism would be really appreciated.

Charizard@Charizardite-Y
Nature: Timid
Ability: Blaze
252Sp.A, 252 Spe, 4HP
FireBlast
SolarBeam
DragonPulse
Roost

Dragonite@Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Multiscale
252Atk / 252 Spe / 4HP
Outrage
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Dragon Claw

Magnezone@Leftovers
Nature: Modest
Ability: Magnet Pull
40HP / 252 Sp.A / 216 Spe
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice
Magnet Rise
Flash Cannon

The primary idea is to use the Y-zard as a wallbreaker, nuking down various enemies with it's strong special attacks. Dragonite functions as a sweeper, with fire punch gaining high power from the presence of sun.

Magnezone is important as it has strong defensive synergy with Dragonite, with both pokemon covering each other's weaknesses perfectly. It carries very valuable resistances such as ice (dangerous to Dragonite) and rock (horrible for both). It also carries Flash Cannon to destroy opposing fairies that interrupt Dragonite's outrage as well as being useful against predicted Terrakion/Tyranitar switch-ins. Hidden power Ice mitigates such threats as Landorus-therian and Hippowdon, who are irritating to this team.

Support needed outside of this core:
1. A dedicated spinner. Stealth rocks just ruin everything Charizard has to give.
2. Entry hazards. Thinking of a Spikes Greninja.
3. More ways to deal with Terrakion, who will cause huge problems if not hit with Flash cannon.

Comments appreciated!

I've been having some success with Tentacruel/Gliscor/Ferrothorn. Fantastic resists all around. The only Pokes I see myself having any problems with are Rotom-W that pack WoW. Ferrothorn can take a Hydro Pump or Volt Switch pretty easily, but WoW really hurts his ability to stay in.

Cause I like the fairy coverage and nothing gets benefits from serene grace.
You're lowering your accuracy for Dazzling Gleam for no reason.
Hustle lowers accuracy and raises physical attack iirc.
So really, you're better off using Serene Grace just so Dazzling Gleam stays at 100% accuracy.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
You're lowering your accuracy for Dazzling Gleam for no reason.
Hustle lowers accuracy and raises physical attack iirc.
So really, you're better off using Serene Grace just so Dazzling Gleam stays at 100% accuracy.
In fact, since dazzling gleam does nothing but damage, you might as well give it Super Luck for an extra little crit chance. (If it's compatible with heal bell and defog at least, I don't know if it is or isn't)

Cause I like the fairy coverage and nothing gets benefits from serene grace.
This is my first time rating a team, so you'll have to forgive me if this doesn't seem like constructive criticism. While you're perfectly justified in using Dazzling Gleam, all members of this core don't need the Fairy coverage. Two resist and one is immune to Dragon-type attacks, Togekiss can hit Fighting-types with Air Slash and soak up the Fire and is immune to the Ground attacks aimed at Ferrothorn and Aegislash. Also, the moveset and EVs seem a little strange on Aegislash. I can see how you're taking advantage of his incredible Special Attack stat which is often overlooked, but you only have one special move. I'd suggest a 252 HP/ 172 Atk/ 78 SpA spread for him.

Would Tyranitar, Magnezone, Gengar still be a good core? I remember using it back in BW era but I haven't exactly been keeping up with the current meta, so I'm not up to date on all the threats I need to check besides certain megas, Talonflame and Aegislash, along with the old stuff.
Mold breaker excadrill, mega lucario, other aegislash, scarf garchomp, haxorus, scarf terrakion (that one yould need to switch out once) even something like trick room reinicluse would work. It really isn't a solid core because magnizone shares lost of weaknesses with tyranitar.

Here's the one I've been running lately:
Amoonguss @ Damp Rock
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Rain Dance
- Spore

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Defog

They've done a lot of great work for my rain team. Others would probably prefer an Amoonguss with leftovers and stun spore though. And in case you were wondering: Amoongus can switch in on Mega Lucario's close combat, take a second, and use spore.
While a Rain Dance Amoongus is intriguing, why exactly are you running it? Heatran is outright nerfed from it and Latias doesn't benefit outside of Surf, I just don't get it? Why not use a Kingdra if you're going to throw up rain? Or if you need a support Steel type for the rain that can lay Stealth Rock why not Thunder Jirachi or Ferrothorn? I'm just not following.

Mega Gardevoir can handle the SpAttack/SpDefense buffing herself with Calm Mind.

Step 1: Set up Iron Def on a physical attacker, let's say Garchomp, alternating between Protect and Iron Def; you can usually get to +4 Defense before they get the hint
Step 2: Baton Pass to Gardevoir, preferably on the switch, or, failing that, on a physical attacker; if all else fails, Gardevoir can take a special hit fairly well
Step 3: Mega evolve, outspeed (it's pretty safe to assume that you'll outspeed at this point with +4 Speed, even with only 80 base on that turn) and drop a Sub, which, if you did step 1 right, will sponge a physical hit or status hit
Step 4: Spam Calm Mind until sub breaks, and set new sub; repeat until at +4 to +6; temporarily skip this step if a Special hard hitter comes out and you don't think the subs will take the hits
Step 5: Start melting faces

Worst case scenario, you pass to something else instead. There's not many pokemon who don't enjoy having +4 Defense and +4 Speed (maybe a Gyro user for the latter), so it's not like it's going to waste or anything.
I personally use a similar trick with:
Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Careful nature (+Sp. Defence / -Sp. Attack)
252 HP / 252 Speed / 8 Sp. Defence
- Megahorn
- Iron Defence
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Modest nature (+Sp. Attack / -Attack)
252 HP / 4 Speed / 252 Sp. Attack
IVs: 0 Attack
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Heal Bell

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant nature (+Attack / -Sp. Attack)
124 HP / 252 Attack / 132 Speed
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall

Victini @ Assault Vest
Adamant nature (+Attack / -Sp. Attack)
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Sp. Defence
- Bolt Strike / Fusion Bolt
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Just listing the things on my team that appreciate support from that Scolipede. (Aegislash and Mandibuzz don't really have too much use for it, especially Aegislash.)

The general tactic here is that Scolipede likes it if the foe leads with Smeargle, Mamoswine, Ferrothorn, Avalugg, or the really-weird-but-strangely-common Toxicroak. Versus Smeargle, Ferrothorn, or Toxicroak, start with Substitute to block status. Versus Mamoswine or Avalugg, start with Iron Defence. Even 252+ Attack Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake does about 40% post-Iron Defence, and then there's Black Sludge recovery. If they switch after discovering that you're the Iron Defence variant and not the Swords Dance variant, you get a free Iron Defence and at +2 Speed you probably out-speed the next thing and Substitute on it to scout its set as well, if you aren't worried about it Taunting or Choice-Tricking you. If they don't switch, they're going to be in a very bad situation as Scolipede easily to +6 Defence/+4 Speed, sets up a Substitute, and passes the lot of it to Gardevoir/Azumarill/Victini.

Gardevoir has Heal Bell just because I don't have a cleric on my team and my team does not appreciate status or carry status of its own. I tried running Will-o-wisp on Gardevoir but ultimately found it not to be all that useful.

Last edited:
Here's a FWG (+Gliscor) core I'm playing around with at the moment.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Energy Ball
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Curse
- Substitute

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Substitute
- Stealth Rock

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
- Ice Fang

Manaphy is the star, at this point people are vastly underestimating it without rain so it just sets up TG and proceeds to OHKO most of OU. Residual damage from the rest of the team helps compensate for Surf's lack of x1.5 rain boost. Heatran and Trev sponge special attacks with their respectable bulk and good resistances while spreading burn to neuter physical attackers. Getting Leech Seed set up to provide Manaphy with a little extra healing is a nice bonus when it works. Gliscor is an awesome scout that eats status and draws out Ice attacks for Manaphy to switch into. Gliscor's last slot always gives me trouble, since I've played around with Acrobatics, Substitute, Stone Edge and Stealth Rock and every one seems situationally awesome or useless depending on who I'm up against. At the moment I like Ice Fang to mess with Dragons, opposing Gliscors and the genies.

...I hate how solid that core is. Talonflame and Ferrothorn have some of the same checks (Heatran? Fire Blast TTar?) but Rotom-W is right there to soak up those hits. Seems like you'd need a dedicated offensive core to break them down. Rocks, of course, help a ton in dismantling Talonflame and Rotom-W, so you'll want a Defogger/Spinner to make it that much more solid. Defog Gliscor, or Excadrill comes to mind.
Actually, I might as well post my full team.

Talonflame @ Life Orb (Why can't Flying Gem be released?(
Adamant
Ability: Gale Wings
88 HP/252 Atk/4 Def/164 Spe
-Brave Bird (Acrobatics once Flying Gem is released)
-Flare Blitz
-Swords Dance
-Roost

Rotom-W @ Assault Vest
Modest
232 HP/56 SpA/220 Spe
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power Ice

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed
Ability: Iron Barbs
252 HP/88 Def/168 SpD (0 Speed IVs)
-Leech Seed
-Protect
-Gyro Ball
-Stealth Rock

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest
252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
-Dark Pulse
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Taunt

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Jolly
Ability: Mold Breaker
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
-Rapid Spin
-Rock Slide

Scizor @ Scizorite
Adamant
Ability: Technician
252 HP/40 Atk/216 SpD
-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance
-Roost
-X-Scissor

Excadrill is my trusty spinner and Rotom-W counter, outspeeding every set besides the Choice Scarf set, and can smash through things with Earthquake once hazards are off the field. Taunt on Hydreigon has caught a LOT of Smeargle and even a few Breloom off guard, allowing me to safely bring in a good anti-counter to whatever they decide to switch in. Mega Scizor has been proving to be very reliable, taking hits like a champ and being able to pick off certain threats like Alakazam with Bullet Punch. X-Scissor might seem out of place, but it's a reliable STAB move that I can use without losing any Swords Dance boosts, like U-turn would do, but Bug Bite has yet to be released.

NOTE - While my team has three weaknesses to Fire, two of which are x4, I also have three resists to deal with them.

Last edited:
I haven't done any serious competitive battling since gen4 but been getting back into it slowly.

Been using this core for Maison and its been working well.

T-Tar w/leftovers
Stealth rocks
Stone edge
Crunch
EQ

Mega Garchomp
Sword dance
Dragon rush
Earthquake
Poison jab

Cradily ?????
Sludge wave
Energy ball
Recover
Stockpile

On wifi I also have a hippowdon and that barnacle thing

I want to use a life orb scizor but I feel that i need a real special attacker
Get rid of Dragon Rush on Garchomp and go for something like Dragon Claw or Outrage, since Dragon Rush is a rather poor move. Cradily isn't really the best Pokemon either, so you might want to think of a replacement. Finally, Tyranitar could do some good with Fire Blast over EQ to get past Ferrothorn and Forretress, as long as you have a neutral Nature on Special Attack.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Swords Dance

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Play Rough

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 124 HP / 132 Spd / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Night Slash
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Been using this lately has proven to be somewhat extremely strong. Thanks PDC for using Bisharp since i see how Steel/Dark is really good typing. They cover each other extremely well. Considering the common problem with Pinsir is the occasional Talonflame. Bisharp gets wrecked by fire and fighting which Azumarill also resists and forces them to switch out. Grass is an issue for Azumarill so Pinsir cleans that up with his new Flying stab after Mega. Although now I'm in a dilemma on what to use as part of my defensive core since I don't plan on using hazards due to limited users of Stealth Rock, I would prefer to use Mandibuzz.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

Seems to be your standard set but I have no idea what other pokes to use as part of a defensive core. I was thinking Rotom-H since it takes status so well which the other 3 don't like and lures in like Excadrill to die to Overheat. Which Defog also covers with rocks shouldn't be a problem. But I realize now that faster sweepers specifically water like Starmie or Greninja poops on these two so I'm not sure what to use as the remaining part of my defense.

I've been finding a core of Talonflame, Rotom-W, and Ferrothorn really useful. Talonflame's weaknesses to Rock, Electric, and Water are all resisted by Ferrothorn, who in turn has it's weaknesses to Fire and Fighting resisted by Talonflame. Rotom-W seems to be there just to complete the Fire/Water/Grass core, as well as better take Fire-type attacks for Ferrothorn, but still risks getting burned.
I used this core for a while and it's awesome. I find Rotom is just a generally reliable Poke, even if it doesn't directly counter anything that threatens your team it can usually check random stuff with its bulk, typing and utility movepool.

Scizor [Choice Band]
[Adamant][Technician]
248 HP/ 252 Attack/ 8 Sp. def
  • Bullet Punch
  • U-turn
  • Pursuit
  • Super Power/Brick Break
Rotom-W [Leftovers]
[Modest][Levitate]
232 HP/ 56 Sp. Atk/ 220 Sp. Def
  • Hydro Pump
  • Volt Switch
  • Will-o-Wisp
  • Pain Split/Hidden Power [Ice]
Gliscor [Toxic Orb]
[Impish][Poison Heal]
244 HP/ 48 Defense/216 Speed
  • Earthquake
  • U-turn
  • Knock Off
  • Protect

These three provide a very well rounded Volt-turn core, resisting all types except for Dark, Ghost and Rock. Scizor is the main offensive force in the core, while Rotom checks fire types like Talonflame that wall it. While Scizor no longer resists Dark or Ghost, he can still reliably take out most pokemon of both types and can still bulk most physical hits. Gliscor complements Scizor by bulking or blocking the potentially damaging nuetral Fighting, Ground and Electric attacks aimed at Scizor and the flying type adds an extra immunity, preventing Mold Breaker users from wreaking Rotom-W. Gliscor also functions as a status absorber with Poison Heal, which is especially useful for free switches as Scizor is big Will-o-Wisp target.

The slashed moves are for moves currently unavailable and are the best options the two can run in those slots. U-turn and Volt Switch provide great offensive pressure and momentum, and generally just put you in an advantageous spot. This core should be paired with something that can reliably deal with Ghost types like Tyranitar. I chose Knock Off simply because of the great utility and its upgraded power. So many pokemon are reliant on items for hitting certain power thresholds or recovery, knocking off those items greatly extends Gliscors bulk. It can also be used against an incoming Gengar on the switch, which all other Gliscor sets cant do.

I am thinking about coverage, and an Aegislash/Talonflame/Greninja core could work well. I know someone already posted this, but I still want to post my thoughts.
Aegislash requires coverage against ghost, dark, fire, and ground. The ghost is covered by either Aegislash itself, or taken out by Greninja who takes half damage. The fire coverage comes again from Greninja, while Talonflame can take a few hits from fire. Ground is covered by Greninja, and slowed a little by Talonflame. The dark coverage could be a problem though.
Talonflame requires coverage against Rock, water, and electric. Rock is covered by Greninja, and resisted by Aegislash. Water is up in the air, while electric is a serious problem.
Greninja requires coverage against grass, electric, bug, and fighting. All of them are covered by Talonflame, and all but electric is resisted by Aegislash.
Any thought on this idea?

I've been testing out a supportive core of skarmory, gengar, and florges. Not exactly defensive, and definitely not offensive, but purely supportive, and it's working out pretty well. I'd like ideas on a rapid spinner to include rather than putting defog on skarmory, as skarmory always seemed to end up as my last mon with nothing to do but roost until it died until I added in brave bird, and flying coverage is always nice to have.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Gengar (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Disable
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Symbiosis
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

This core revolves around switching between florges and skarmory to take on different attackers after laying down rocks. This forces switches. Gengar is here with toxic, substitute, and disable to stall everything to death as they switch around desperately, and to block rapid spins. If they run defog to get rid of your hazards, then their hazards wont trouble you any more, now will they? Gengar can actually be surprisingly bulky, and takes out mega kanghaskan by subbing and disabling, which otherwise screws over everything in the world. Florges keeps the other two healthy with wish and aromatherapy, and putting protect on it helps a ton with prediction. Basically, skarmory and florges switch around until gengar can come in and annoy everybody to death.

Sableye might be a replacement for gengar, but can't manage to attack. Steel types can give them trouble because gengar cant toxic stall them, so will-o-wisp would work.

@ Shuckler
wouldn't charizard X and maybe victini be able to break through this core or atleast take a large dent out of it.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Magnezone @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf / Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire / Substitute
- Volt Switch / Charge Beam

SubSD Lum Garchomp is pretty much one of the greatest Rotom-W lures I've ever used. You tempt the Will-o-Wisp only to heal it off with Lum as you go for SD. Rotom-W is all "oh well, I'll just tank this hit and burn him again"...BAM you pop the Sub on him, making it so the Rotom-W has effectively done nothing but give you a free +2 and Sub. You then proceed to wreck some house. This can also work on Toxic Gliscor.

But what of Dragon + Ground resists, like Skarmory, Togekiss and (the admittedly rare) Bronzong? Magnezone covers all of those and can strike them down hard. The set depends on the user really: Choiced Magnezone offers immediate power / speed, but SubCharge Magnezone can also work if you want to toy with helpless targets like Ferrothorn and Swagger Klefki. Note: The listed EVs do not suit Choice Scarf, so if you intend to use that set please change the EVs accordingly; also note that Scarf Magnezone falls short of positive base 115s, so max Speed investment is not necessary.

Speaking of Klefki, either member of this core just destroys it, so if you really hate the key without resorting to impractical methods which can hurt your winning potential, this core is for you.

Last edited:
A lot of people laugh when I explain this to them, but these 3 pokemon together are amazing.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Gooey
Calm 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Infestation
Dragon Tail
Dragon Pulse
Muddy Water

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Adamant 252 Atk / 236 Spe / 20 HP
Coil
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Extreme Speed

Noivern @ Choice Spec
Infiltrator
Timid 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP (Was too lazy to find the magic Spe EV, so I just did max investment)
Draco Meteor
Hurricane
Flamethrower
U-Turn

Goodra can beat almost any special attacker 1 on 1, and if he does win, 99% of the time they'll counter with a physical attacker. Let them take Goodra, and in most cases the gooey speed drop as well, and switch in Zygarde. Zygarde will outspeed and coil up, boosting his already amazing physical bulk and attack. They'll either switch to get rid of gooey, or attack a +1 Def Zygarde (not a good idea). If they keep attacking, keep boosting until they get the idea and switch (or is some rare cases, until they get you below 50%) and unleash the power of earthquake + stone edge. Extreme Speed hits faster (and more speed means less defense, so the stab loss won't mean as much) opponents, so you've got most of your basis covered. Noivern is the fast wallbreaker/revenge killer/stallbreaker. Anything that Zygarde can't take, Noivern can. Yeah 3 dragons is almost laughably risky, but fairies don't pose much of a threat, ice types are rare, dragons are KO'd by Earthquake or Stone Edge just fine, or Draco Meteor if not, and steel types are weak to Zygarde. Dragon's still the best type and this combo helps prove that.

A lot of people laugh when I explain this to them, but these 3 pokemon together are amazing.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Gooey
Infestation
Dragon Tail
Dragon Pulse
Muddy Water

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Coil
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Extreme Speed

Noivern @ Choice Spec
Infiltrator
Timid 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP (Was too lazy to find the magic Spe EV, so I just did max investment)
Draco Meteor
Hurricane
Flamethrower
U-Turn

Goodra can beat almost any special attacker 1 on 1, and if he does win, 99% of the time they'll counter with a physical attacker. Let them take Goodra, and in most cases the gooey speed drop as well, and switch in Zygarde. Zygarde will outspeed and coil up, boosting his already amazing physical bulk and attack. They'll either switch to get rid of gooey, or attack a +1 Def Zygarde (not a good idea). If they keep attacking, keep boosting until they get the idea and switch (or is some rare cases, until they get you below 50%) and unleash the power of earthquake + stone edge. Extreme Speed hits faster (and more speed means less defense, so the stab loss won't mean as much) opponents, so you've got most of your basis covered. Noivern is the fast wallbreaker/revenge killer/stallbreaker. Anything that Zygarde can't take, Noivern can. Yeah 3 dragons is almost laughably risky, but fairies don't pose much of a threat, ice types are rare, dragons are KO'd by Earthquake or Stone Edge just fine, or Draco Meteor if not, and steel types are weak to Zygarde. Dragon's still the best type and this combo helps prove that.
CB Azumarill absolutely mauls this core. None of them can switch in on Play Rough. The only way to beat it is to sacrifice Zygarde or Noivern and then use the other one to revenge kill it, since neither one can OHKO it. +1 EQ does a max of 79%, meanwhile Play Rough does 85-99% even after Coil. Not to mention Play Rough has a chance to lower your Att, canceling out the Coil boost, so if you use Zygarde to revenge it you're completely open to be revenged in return since you need to boost again before you can be a threat. If Noivern revenges it your opponent gets a free switch while you're Choice-locked.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
fairies don't pose much of a threat
I've been seeing a number of posts from you regarding your Dragons, one of them involves:

Turn 2:
Dragonite switches out
They send out Azumarill
Zygarde uses coil

Turn 3:
Zygarde uses coil
Azumarill uses play rough (17% damage)

I'm sorry, how does Azumarill do a mere 17% to +2 Zygarde, especially with one of your EV spread? Even the most physically defensive of Zygardes take more from non-CB Azumarill:

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. +2 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde: 114-134 (27.14 - 31.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

The Azumarill you faced might've just forgot Huge Power. This is the realistic scenario:

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. +1 20 HP / 0 Def (custom): 306-360 (84.53 - 99.44%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If Azumarill finds itself up against your other Dragons, Zygarde cannot switch in either. A good half of your team dies to Fairies. Like it or not, Fairies are a threat, especially if something like Nasty Plot Togekiss decides to end your fun.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Gooey
Infestation
Dragon Tail
Dragon Pulse
Muddy Water

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Coil
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Extreme Speed

Noivern @ Choice Spec
Infiltrator
Draco Meteor
Hurricane
Flamethrower
U-Turn

Mamoswine is another enormous threath to this core. It will EASILY outspeed that Goodra, even with an Adamant nature, and potentially OHKO with Icicle Crash. (384 HP and 176 Def won't be getting you far) Noivern will most likely be OHKOed by Ice Shard, while Zygarde might also be OHKOed by Icicle Crash, given the quad weakness.

Mamoswine is another enormous threath to this core. It will EASILY outspeed that Goodra, even with an Adamant nature, and potentially OHKO with Icicle Crash. (384 HP and 176 Def won't be getting you far) Noivern will most likely be OHKOed by Ice Shard, while Zygarde might also be OHKOed by Icicle Crash, given the quad weakness.
Yep, LO Icicle Crash easily OHKOs all 3 (even +1 Zygarde after Coil). And Ice Shard does OHKO Noivern with ease, while 2HKOing the other two (yes, including the +1 from Coil).

EDIT: Oh, and if Azumarill runs Ice Punch it's not even a competition. He easily OHKOs all 3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)