Have you ever met a famous person?

I'm making this thread because every time I meet a famous person, I feel the need to tell everyone about it. This thread isn't just about me, of course. I'm interested in hearing your stories, too.

Today, Richard Carpenter was at a choir concert I was performing in. (he's an alumnus of our music program, and his daughter sings in choir with me) All I said to him was "excuse me" since he was blocking the aisle, though. I still thought it was cool.

I've met other famous people in the past. I used to be in the Megadeth fanclub, so I've met the entire band multiple times (current lineup only). I also ran into Kerry King from Slayer backstage once.

This year I performed with Kronos Quartet and met them after the show.

Outside of music, I met Bob Dole when I was little. (my dad used to work for him)

I rode an elevator once with George Takei back in the early 90s when I was just a wee lad. It was at some Trekkie convention my dad and uncle went to in Montgomery I believe. Anyway, I just wanted to ride the elevator and then he got on and was like, "Oh my! Are you the elevator controller today?" And I was all quiet 'Uh huh' because I really didn't even know who he was and just wanted to push buttons. I pointed him out later while he was walking along the railing upstairs and my dad was all "That's George Takei."

I wonder if he remembers me.

I rode an elevator once with George Takei back in the early 90s when I was just a wee lad. It was at some Trekkie convention my dad and uncle went to in Montgomery I believe. Anyway, I just wanted to ride the elevator and then he got on and was like, "Oh my! Are you the elevator controller today?" And I was all quiet 'Uh huh' because I really didn't even know who he was and just wanted to push buttons. I pointed him out later while he was walking along the railing upstairs and my dad was all "That's George Takei."

I wonder if he remembers me.
holy balls that story is amazing, I'm so jealous

I met the lead singer of Red once, that's pretty much it.

Oh, well he's not really "famous", but Eric McClure (he drives in Nascar) coached my Jr. High baseball team one year.

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I've met a few here and there

Met them at the airport when they arrived in Canberra. Also the Governor General of Australia.

Just happened to meet him on a roadtrip down the west coast. (in the blue shirt)
I was neighbours with Seamus Heaney, one of the best poets of the 20th century, when we lived in Dublin and used to visit him occasionally.

Met Kevin Rudd, Julia Gillard, Tony Abbott (unfortunately he's noteworthy) in Australia and a number of American politicians while I worked in Congress, including Michele Bachman, Steny Hoyer, Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden. I was also one of the flag bearers at this ceremony, so met most of the of European Union heads of state.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've met a few here and there

Met them at the airport when they arrived in Canberra. Also the Governor General of Australia.

Just happened to meet him on a roadtrip down the west coast. (in the blue shirt)
I was neighbours with Seamus Heaney, one of the best poets of the 20th century, when we lived in Dublin and used to visit him occasionally.

Met Kevin Rudd, Julia Gillard, Tony Abbott (unfortunately he's noteworthy) in Australia and a number of American politicians while I worked in Congress, including Michele Bachman, Steny Hoyer, Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden. I was also one of the flag bearers at this ceremony, so met most of the of European Union heads of state.
You've also met some 3verest fellow ;-).

Anyway I can't really remember every name, but most of the people that I have met who are famous are djs or athletes of some sort. No mega famous politicians or anything, but a good friend of mine is working his way up the political hierarchy incredibly quickly so that may change in the future!

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
I once chit-chatted during a high tea with the president of my country in honour of the Chinese Ambassador who was visiting. As I part of this cultural group performing that night , unfortunately no photos since camera's weren't allowed for security purposes and there weren't any public photos of the event apart from the customary handshaking shit in the newspapers.

I participated in a meet & greet with Jason David-Frank aka the green/white ranger earlier this year. Photo is in the album thread, I can't be bothered to dig it up right now.

If I'm not mistaken, my brother took some pics with the members of Sonata Artica this year.

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
one time in an airport i walked past kurt russell and goldie hawn which is kinda cool i guess.

i've also met a couple of semi-famous basketball players from around my area. i met current uconn coach kevin ollie at a camp and ray allen bought a house in my town fsr and we see him around all the time during the summer. and also, vin baker went to my high school and was one of the assistant coaches for my team for a season which was pretty awesome. this video is of him coaching the freshman team at half time (they gave up like a 20 pt. lead and he was pissed af) and its absolutely hilarious. i'm not in it tho cause i was a sophomore at the time.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
While growing up my hometown (Atlanta), I met a lot of famous people, including the co-founders of Home Depot, Arthur Blank and Bernie Marcus, both billionaires. Blank owns the Atlanta Falcons, which is neat. I've also met Mayor Kasim Reed and one of Oprah's favorite people, Ron Clark. I'm not entirely positive on the full list, but I met a lot of Atlanta Braves players too, including John Smoltz and Marcus Giles. And I also know the Rathbun brothers, two famous chefs who've been on Iron Chef America.

Incidentally, my 7th grade english teacher also taught Usher, Raven-Symone, and John Schneider of the Dukes of Hazzard. So she's got quite the list haha.

While at university, I've met a lot of famous people who've come to visit and speak. This includes Garry Kasparov, Malcolm Gladwell, and Jon Huntsman Jr. And my personal favorite, I met someone who had been on America's Best Dance Crew in that jump rope crew at 3:30 AM in an IHOP.

HEANEY IS MY FAVORITE. I AM SO JEALOUS.

Last edited:
I was at a Zeds Dead concert in Toronto last year and ran into Deadmau5. That pretty much made my year.

Also, I went to high school with Clint Eastwood's daughter, met him and Robert Redford at our graduation.

Also went to high school with the son of this guy.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've met Mick Foley on several occasions as he lives somewhat near me. Helped him buy a baseball mitt for his son. Also Dee Snyder from the band Twisted Sister, rapper Ice-T, baseball player Darryl Strawberry and prob a few more I'm forgetting.

I met George W Bush once. My friend's dad worked under him and I was visiting that friend's ranch. Bush visited at one point during our stay.

I'm Craig Biggio's next door neighbor for baseball fans out there, and I ran into Connor Barwin and Brooks Reed at a movie theater earlier this year. Needless to say, they both are about as big as they look on tv.

I met MC Hammer when he gave a lecture at my school, my friend and I were talking to him about Oakland for a few minutes after the lecture.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I met chaos

Also, back in college after she did a standup routine as part of parent's weekend, I bumped into Caroline Rhea outside the building and asked her out to breakfast. She said her schedule didn't allow it :(

Let's see... oh, just a couple weekends ago I met Andre Reed at a posh Buffalo steakhouse bar. We talked Buffalo Bills for 15 minutes or so, just a great guy.

Oh yeah, anyone else watch the show Last Resort? Great show, shame it lasted only one season. This dude:

...is Michael King. Back in college as fraternity brothers, though, I knew him as just Mike.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
comatthew6 said:
Technically, I didn't *meet* them per se but I did walk past Dylan and Cole Sprouse (Zach and Cody from the Suite life)
Same, they go to my uni so I've seen them around a couple of times @_@

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)