Hawlucha @ Dread Plate
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant or Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Hi Jump Kick
- Fling

Since Aegislash seems to be the issue, is it possible to use Dread Plate and Fling to take him out? It would be a 90 Power Fling from the plate but also would be boosted 20% by the plate. Then once the item is gone you still get the speed boost from Unburden and Acrobatics gets it Power boost as well.

I never seem to post good builds, but it seems like an option.

Last edited:
+2 252 Atk Dread Plate Hawlucha Fling (90 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 260-308 (80.2 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You may be onto something. The only problem is that Aegislash can 2HKO back with Shadow Ball + Sneak. Regardless, Hawlucha could get a nice surprise KO if Aegislash has taken a bit of damage.

If you switch Hawlucha into the enemy Aegislash he could OHKO Adamant 252 HP Aegislash-Blade. You don't even need a Sword Dance boost! I would assume Hawlucha's speed would let him get the attack off. So use a suicide-mon vs Aegislash then bring in Hawlucha to sweep.

It is a shame Hawlucha doesn't get a priority move to follow up with Fling it would counter the Shadow Ball + Shadow Sneak combo Aegislash uses against it.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
I switched from encore to sub, but red card does NOT seem to work through the sub. The opponent broke the sub but the red card did not activate.

Any ideas what's going on?
That should not be happening.

Fill me in more, are you playing showdown? Or on the actual games, I think that glitch happened to me once, but that's it

Actual game, 6v6 challenge, normal rules.

Froslass hit me with an ice beam when subbed. Sub was broken, red card didn't activate.

You have me doubting myself now, though. Had the red card already been activated, maybe? I don't think so, but memory is a tricky thing. Maybe I just forgot.

I was thinking...

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def or 4 SpDef / 252 Spd
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sky Attack
- Steel Wing/Poison Jab
- Flying Press/X-Scissor

With the Power Herb, it will only take one turn to activate Sky Attack, and not two, which is it's only flaw. That flaw is now gone. Steel Wing/Poison Jab is for Fairy coverage, and it will also allow it to do decent damage to other Electric and Ice types. The Flying Press is gimmicky, but can be useful as a STAB move, or you can opt for X-Scissor to take out Psychic types.

So here's how it goes.

Lead with Sky Attack for massive damage. The Power Herb will be used, activating Unburden. Hawlucha's speed will be doubled, resulting in him becoming a possible (unless he is somehow out-sped) Sweeper. Use the move you need most at the moment, as someone will most likely switch into a Fairy of Psychic type. Possibly an Ice type, but Steel Wing can take care of that. If used properly, he can sweep common teams with ease. Sky Attack can be used if necessary, but it is not recommended, as it will now be a 2 turn move again. Watch out for Fire Types if you are using Steel Wing and X-Scissor. It will not be fun to fight against one with weak moves.

With the EVs (and IVs, if you have those), it's Attack will be very good hence why it could be a sweeper, and not very many Pokemon will outspeed it with 252 Speed EVs and the double speed from Unburden. The 4 Defense/Special Defense will help it slightly, but it's still good to have.

Here's a strategy I thought of for double battles...

Hawlucha @ Perisim Berry
EVs: 252 Atk/126 HP/126 Def
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Rockslide
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Open with Hawlucha next to a Klefki that knows Swagger. Klefki uses Swagger on Hawlucha, which gets priority thanks to Prankster. Hawlucha is now confused and has +2 attack. Hawlucha eats his berry, activating Acrobatics and Unburden. Hawlucha can now use a +2 boosted Acrobatics on the first turn with no time wasted for setting up.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor

Hawlucha @ Perisim Berry
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Rockslide
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Open with Hawlucha next to a Klefki that knows Swagger. Klefki uses Swagger on Hawlucha, which gets priority thanks to Prankster. Hawlucha is now confused and has +2 attack. Hawlucha eats his berry, activating Acrobatics and Unburden. Hawlucha can now use a +2 boosted Acrobatics on the first turn with no time wasted for setting up.
That's... Extremely interesting actually :D

Protip: Take off SD and replace it with Payback/dig/anything that does damage to Aegislash, and add some Speed EVs,

Truly a creative set that utilizes Hawlucha's Unburden and Acrobatics

i absolutely LOVE this pokemon. everything from its design to its moveset.

it would be cool if it learned endure so it can go for weakness policy+unburden combo, but it has a bad special movepool so going mixed not an option.

do you guys think a chestorest set would be viable? something like:

Hawlucha @Chesto
252 HP|0-126 ATK|0-126 DEF
-Bulk up
-Rest
-Acrobatics
-Hi Jump Kick

i think it might be too frail to get a bunch of bulk ups going, but it could work if this thing ends up UU, but SD set just seems way better.

i absolutely LOVE this pokemon. everything from its design to its moveset.

it would be cool if it learned endure so it can go for weakness policy+unburden combo, but it has a bad special movepool so going mixed not an option.

do you guys think a chestorest set would be viable? something like:

Hawlucha @Chesto
252 HP|0-126 ATK|0-126 DEF
-Bulk up
-Rest
-Acrobatics
-Hi Jump Kick

i think it might be too frail to get a bunch of bulk ups going, but it could work if this thing ends up UU, but SD set just seems way better.
Chestorest is a possible thing, but in my experience tricky to pull off... SD is definitely better than BU, though; just not enough bulk on Hawlucha to Bulk Up.

No way is he going to be UU, though. He's too fast and hits too hard with his STAB combo for that to happen for long; the only thing likely to keep him down in OU is a complete inability to deal with Talonflame or Aegislash on his own, and those are all but guaranteed to be high OU. If Hawlucha drops to UU, he'll have effectively no counters and will probably get banished to BL before long.

Hawlucha @ Perisim Berry
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Rockslide
- Roost
- Swords Dance

I am in love with this set. At first I thought Focus Sash + Unburden with zero defenses was the only way to go, but I have been shown the light. Amazing first post. I agree with TheEpicBro, forgo SD and add some Speed though, otherwise, incredible!

Chestorest is a possible thing, but in my experience tricky to pull off... SD is definitely better than BU, though; just not enough bulk on Hawlucha to Bulk Up.

No way is he going to be UU, though. He's too fast and hits too hard with his STAB combo for that to happen for long; the only thing likely to keep him down in OU is a complete inability to deal with Talonflame or Aegislash on his own, and those are all but guaranteed to be high OU. If Hawlucha drops to UU, he'll have effectively no counters and will probably get banished to BL before long.
its raw talonflame-like power would definitely be too much for UU, but like you said, it gets stopped by a couple of OU stuff. hawluchas fight/flying will beat things that talon can't handle like rotom-tar. so i think it will fill a certain role later on.

EDIT: hawlucha can also survive a +2 sucker punch from megakhan and ohko back with HJK. depending on stats and natures. stealth rock will make it more guaranteed

Last edited:

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
I actually think pairing it with Talonflame would be a good idea. I'm pretty sure that Rotom-W, Talonflame and Hawlucha would be a great combo, because those three make it infinitely easier to sweep with Hawlucha by getting its 2 main counters out of the way very easily.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
its raw talonflame-like power would definitely be too much for UU, but like you said, it gets stopped by a couple of OU stuff. hawluchas fight/flying will beat things that talon can't handle like rotom-tar. so i think it will fill a certain role later on.

EDIT: hawlucha can also survive a +2 sucker punch from megakhan and ohko back with HJK. depending on stats and natures. stealth rock will make it more guaranteed
Khan's banned now, so its no longer a concern :D

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, so please don't scream at me if it was, but the flying gem isn't available anywhere in pokemon x and y, and pokebank has been confirmed that it won't transfer items on the pokemon, they will be sent back to ur black or white file. So we might not get the flying gem for a long while. We could change that item to a berry like lum.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, so please don't scream at me if it was, but the flying gem isn't available anywhere in pokemon x and y, and pokebank has been confirmed that it won't transfer items on the pokemon, they will be sent back to ur black or white file. So we might not get the flying gem for a long while. We could change that item to a berry like lum.
lol, no one is going to scream at you, an besides, we already have thought of new items to substitute the flying gem.. Personally I think the Red Card sub set is actually better than a Lum berry (in all other cases Lum is better though), and we have other options like Focus sash etc... However, you need to back up Hawlucha with some support for it to work.

lol, no one is going to scream at you, an besides, we already have thought of new items to substitute the flying gem.. Personally I think the Red Card sub set is actually better than a Lum berry (in all other cases Lum is better though), and we have other options like Focus sash etc... However, you need to back up Hawlucha with some support for it to work.
I've personally been using a starf berry with the set that's posted, and it's been working great for me. I get my health pretty low, get two stats raised+speed stat raised and use roost to get it back. I also like to use my geomancy+baton pass smeargle to get hawlucha ready XD.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
I've personally been using a starf berry with the set that's posted, and it's been working great for me. I get my health pretty low, get two stats raised+speed stat raised and use roost to get it back. I also like to use my geomancy+baton pass smeargle to get hawlucha ready XD.
That seems a bit situational tbh, unless you are running a bulky baton pass set, which could work. However, the amount of stuff that carries an SE move is pretty big, so you are best using the set as a lead. Also, Roost isn't that great because even a neutral hit will hurt a lot, and Hawlucha should be baton passing the boosts right away.

It'll work wonders if you have multiple Pokemon that can use the boost from the Starf berry.

Hi, i think test this movesets.

Hawlucha @ Fighting Gem
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Protect
- Quick Guard
- Flying Press

And:

Hawlucha @ Quick Claw or King's Rock
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Protect/Detect
- Fling
- Flying Press

And i have a question, u use Hawlucha in singles or doubles battles?

Bye!

PD: Sry for my english, i speak spanish :S

Bye

Hi, i think test this movesets.

And i have a question, u use Hawlucha in singles or doubles battles?

Bye!

PD: Sry for my english, i speak spanish :S

Bye
Fighting Gem is unobtainable so it's not currently legal. (Flying Gem is better, anyway, since you can use it with Acrobatics and get the boost on the same turn.)

If Hawlucha is using a Fling set, he probably wants to use a Dread Plate for a surprise Dark hit. Quick Claw Fling is weaker than Dread Plate, and King's Rock Fling is weaker than Fake Out.

He's better in singles. I used him in doubles in the Battle Maison to a certain extent, and being a high-speed, high-damage Flying type is useful (avoids Earthquakes), but he has no multi-hitting attacks.

Hawlucha @ Perisim Berry
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Rockslide
- Roost
- Swords Dance

I've been using a similar strategy in VGC and it completely destroys entire teams. No one is prepared for it. I did EV it differently, although I suck at EVs...

Hawnchadora (Hawlucha) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

Sub allows you to take a hit if you can find a time to put it up, and hi jump kick deals with rock types etc. I've been having problems with fake out, and certain mons like rotom-w, any suggestions?

Also, when swagger misses it can really ruin your day

I've been using a similar strategy in VGC and it completely destroys entire teams. No one is prepared for it. I did EV it differently, although I suck at EVs...

Hawnchadora (Hawlucha) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

Sub allows you to take a hit if you can find a time to put it up, and hi jump kick deals with rock types etc. I've been having problems with fake out, and certain mons like rotom-w, any suggestions?

Also, when swagger misses it can really ruin your day
Forgot all about rock slide. Durrrrr. My bad.

That said, at +2, fully-invested Hawlucha outspeeds all varieties of Rotom after an Unburden boost, outspeeds everything but max speed Scarf Rotom before it, and OHKOs anything but a fully physically defensive set with HJK. Hawlucha's nature does not matter, it's a OHKO for both Adamant and Jolly.

this poke is soo OP. using fighting gem+ flying press will do major damage. unburden and acrobatics will reck any team. i recomend adding detect to your moveset if you have any more room. hawlucha can stick around alittle longer with it

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
this poke is soo OP. using fighting gem+ flying press will do major damage. unburden and acrobatics will reck any team. i recomend adding detect to your moveset if you have any more room. hawlucha can stick around alittle longer with it
Why use Flying Press when HJK is stronger? Plus Fighting Gem isn't even available. And unless this is for doubles, Protect/Detect isn't really doing much for it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)