Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't anybody posts Shiny Sprites of the Legends?

Doesn't people here claim they have Shiny Dittos and Zorua/arks? I mean that isn't so hard to use transform and look at the color, right? Are they to stupid to do that or what?

Doesn't people here claim they have Shiny Dittos and Zorua/arks? I mean that isn't so hard to use transform and look at the color, right? Are they to stupid to do that or what?
Shiny ditto does not transform into a shiny version of the Pokemon, it transforms into the Pokemon in front of it, regardless of shininess.

Similar thing applies to Zoroark.

I've been trying to breed my first flawless pokemon, a Fletchling but after 45 eggs, I'm convinced I'm doing it wrong.

Female Fletchling, adamant nature, holding everstone, gale wings
Perfect IVs for hp, def, sp. def and speed.

Male Fletchinder, bold nature, holding destiny knot
Perfect IVs for hp, attack and speed.

The problem is that 45 eggs later, the defensive stats are incrediably rare, only have 2 with def and 3 with sp.def, with the huge majority having a mix of hp, attack and speed.
Am I doing something wrong or is the random number god angry at me?

I've been trying to breed my first flawless pokemon, a Fletchling but after 45 eggs, I'm convinced I'm doing it wrong.

Female Fletchling, adamant nature, holding everstone, gale wings
Perfect IVs for hp, def, sp. def and speed.

Male Fletchinder, bold nature, holding destiny knot
Perfect IVs for hp, attack and speed.

The problem is that 45 eggs later, the defensive stats are incrediably rare, only have 2 with def and 3 with sp.def, with the huge majority having a mix of hp, attack and speed.
Am I doing something wrong or is the random number god angry at me?
get a better dad, it'll take a long time to get a 5IV one when the dad only has 3. if you can't be bothered breeding your own try looking around the wifi forum for someone who'll trade you something

they might not be able to be shiny, like how victini, reshiram and zekrom could only be shiny if they were hacked.

Last edited:
Quick question regarding preferred natures:
For Tyranitar, is Adamant, Sassy or Careful the most common/most useful?
For Ferrothorn, is Relaxed or Sassy more common/useful?
For Salamence, is the best nature for a mixed attacker Naive? Is mixed better than purely physical by a significant amount?

Quick question regarding preferred natures:
For Tyranitar, is Adamant, Sassy or Careful the most common/most useful?
For Ferrothorn, is Relaxed or Sassy more common/useful?
For Salamence, is the best nature for a mixed attacker Naive? Is mixed better than purely physical by a significant amount?
Tyranitar, depends on the build. If you want an all out attacker, Adamant every time.
If you want a bit more bulk, then careful is slightly better since you won't be using special attacks.

Ferrothorn, relaxed is more common. While his special defense isn't bad, he's primarily a physical tank.

Salamence, I've never liked the mixed attacker, only taking something like fire blast in a last slot to deal with the walls that give him problems such as Ferrothorn, but for a mixed attacker Naive is probably best. You'll be investing EVs into his damage stats so you'll need the speed boost from naive to attack first.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

As far as we know, neither of the story legends can be shiny at this time. A friend on Smogon tested this like in BW by filling all his boxes, there is a hidden one which opens during the battle just to capture it. It is literally unavoidable. I am unsure on Zygarde but I would not be surprised if that is shiny locked too.

anyone knows why i unable to check my friend's 3rd slot pokemon even though both of us have defeated the elite four?

As far as we know, neither of the story legends can be shiny at this time. A friend on Smogon tested this like in BW by filling all his boxes, there is a hidden one which opens during the battle just to capture it. It is literally unavoidable. I am unsure on Zygarde but I would not be surprised if that is shiny locked too.
I don't think Zygarde is shiny locked. I totally wouldn't be surprised if Xerneas and Yveltal were shiny locked though, since Reshiram and Zekrom are, and BW forces you to catch them. Although I dunno so much about BW2 myself, my friend told me that they are shiny locked too. I wonder if Kyurem is shiny locked in BW2...

Oh, and to answer your question, dark, both you and your friend have to be online and playing your X/Y games at the same time for it to give you the third Safari slot.

Yvetal at least is NOT shiny locked, I remember having seen a shiny one on Pokémemes or something. I'll try finding the picture when I have more time.

Yvetal at least is NOT shiny locked, I remember having seen a shiny one on Pokémemes or something. I'll try finding the picture when I have more time.
That was a fake. It was in the Pokedex form page, but the page didn't say Shiny Form. Plus it was a really bad editing job if you looked closely.

And if Zygarde were not shiny locked, someone would have found one by now.

Is there a way to find out if someone is trading me a cloned pokemon? Just found out from my friend that he has been cloning pokemon to trade away. I know that cloned pokemon are considered legit since it is an exact copy of the original. However, I find such a method despicable and is a method for downright losers who do not appreciate the game at all (an irony that he calls himself a pokemon fan). I hope to spread this to everyone so that you do not trade your hard-bred pokemon for some cloned ones.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Cloned Pokemon are completely identical to the original, so there is no way to distinguish a clone from the original. Additionally, since Smogon as a site has no issues with cloning, complaining about it here isn't a good idea.

Is there a way to find out if someone is trading me a cloned pokemon? Just found out from my friend that he has been cloning pokemon to trade away. I know that cloned pokemon are considered legit since it is an exact copy of the original. However, I find such a method despicable and is a method for downright losers who do not appreciate the game at all (an irony that he calls himself a pokemon fan). I hope to spread this to everyone so that you do not trade your hard-bred pokemon for some cloned ones.

I have a simple (?) question:
Is it possible to get a Super Size Gourgeist with Hidden Ability?
I knew that both size and HA depend from its mother (or father if breeding with Ditto), but in friend safari we can only find medium size Pumpkaboo (i have 2 friends with Pumpkaboo, and i only found medium sizes from them, and when i looked for lv 30 pumpkaboo in GTS I only found medium sizes).

I have a question. I've been using an action replay so I can get pokes from previous gens that aren't so easy to get (starters/event legendaries and such at level 1 so I train them from scratch) onto my Black 2 so I can transfer them to poke bank. Will they be able to transfer over or do I have to go back and buy SoulSilver again so I can get a Cyndaquil transferred to Black 2 and then to poke bank?

I have a question. I've been using an action replay so I can get pokes from previous gens that aren't so easy to get (starters/event legendaries and such at level 1 so I train them from scratch) onto my Black 2 so I can transfer them to poke bank. Will they be able to transfer over or do I have to go back and buy SoulSilver again so I can get a Cyndaquil transferred to Black 2 and then to poke bank?
We won't know until pokebank is released. Pokebank claims to prevent all hacked mons from being transferred. You'll have to find legitimate ways to get pokemon (GTS makes this easy, except for event legends, which you don't need to complete a pokedex, sooo...).

I don't think hacking is encouraged here, so you probably shouldn't bring it up again.

Caridor: That was a mistranslation. All the pentagon means is that the Pokemon is a Kalos native, it has nothing to do with legit or legal or not. The confusing stemmed from the fact that the tournaments in Japan started declaring that you could only use Pokemon with the pentagon before we'd even known it was possible to have a non-pentagon one.

Aldragon: Currently, you cannot get a HA Pumpkaboo in any size but medium. Pumpkaboo only inherits its size from the father if the mother is Ditto, making passing the Hidden Ability that way impossible.

We won't know until pokebank is released. Pokebank claims to prevent all hacked mons from being transferred. You'll have to find legitimate ways to get pokemon (GTS makes this easy, except for event legends, which you don't need to complete a pokedex, sooo...).

I don't think hacking is encouraged here, so you probably shouldn't bring it up again.
Wasn't really talking about hacking perfect mons and such, just being able to set encounters to a specific mon so I can just catch a regular, random natured/ived cyndaquil or whatever and then trade it over into the pokebank so I can use it in a playthrough of X. But ok, thanks for the answer.

Wasn't really talking about hacking perfect mons and such, just being able to set encounters to a specific mon so I can just catch a regular, random natured/ived cyndaquil or whatever and then trade it over into the pokebank so I can use it in a playthrough of X. But ok, thanks for the answer.
The hack checks are almost guaranteed to be checking, among other things, for valid catch/hatch locations, valid Pokeballs, and so on and so forth. (For example, a non-Fateful Encounter Victini that's not in a Cherish Ball is liable to get blocked.)

If you use an Action Replay to spawn Cyndaquils I'm almost certain that they'll get blocked, since it'll show as having been caught and Cyndaquil was never encounterable. You might, MIGHT, be able to get away with breeding one and transferring the offspring, since it'll have a valid hatch location and should pass the checks.

Thanks. Shouldve thought of that. I just really hate the GTS, because for every decent trade I find, there is like 20 others asking for articunos and stuff lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)