2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i put a fiver on city to win at 7-1 before the game too. i got a bit of stick when they went 2-0 down but im the smuggest guy in the world right now

Hey guys, you might want to change some of your idioms.

Seriously though, this is like the first time in 20-25 years we're having snow like this so early on, I wouldn't be too surprised if the match got suspended today as well.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is doing a lot better than I imagined.

Also City fans have been talking all about how their B team beat a strong Bayern side at home all day lol

Reactions: Ren
the overrated neymar finally gets his 1st Cl goal.
Ac milan's keeper is the only reason they have a chance to make it to the next round atm and then their captain making it worst. Interesting 45 coming up.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
perfectly fine result, played the first half well, second half the first goal was just a beauty, second was off-side after the ref fucked arteta so idc. unlucky to not win the group, but such is soccer.

Arsenal finish second in the group lol.
Ajax completely choked that away. No composure whatsoever.

Napoli paid for not pushing for another goal after getting the 1st.

Edit: Neymar scoring a hattrick against a very poor celtic side says absolute nothing. He needs to become more consistent(it was the first goals in the Cl and it took 6 games against a very poor team). He was very average in those other 5 games.
Gotze and Pogba are much better in their position this season so far.

Edit #2: I don't think Dortmund are the 'luckiest', It's more like Napoli are the unluckiest. Especially with the fact that Zenit qualified with a mere 6 points.

Last edited:

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Don't get me wrong I hate this twats, but Dortmund was anything but lucky in this game today or this whole cl season

I remember last year when were laughing at the way this everton kid was looking at Suarez when Liverpool players visited a children's hospital

During this year's visit, I see this:

i am suddenly extremely sad to see him still in the hospital and wearing that thing :(

Is that even real what the actual fuck? It looks so surreal all smiling around an Everton fan in hospital, and that is grim, poor little boy! And is that Demba Ba lol??

I only watched the second half but it was massively disappointing the way the team played, I couldn't believe my eyes when Szczesny started time wasting at 75 mins while the team is 1 goal down!! WTF!!!??? What were Arsenal or Wenger hoping for? We are usually the team that attack too much and at the wrong times and leave themselves open and squander 4-0 to 4-4 or some shit, at least that is exciting! What was he doing time wasting when we're losing lol... We can't defend, Wenger has never set his teams up to defend and we should have sent Walcott and Ramsey on in the second half and tried to threaten Napoli a bit and maybe it would have been a more entertaining game. But anyway, it was like the team went there with the mentality of losing 2-0, I've never seen that and it was so frustrating to watch.

Having said that, I've never had a problem with Arsenal finishing second and I can't wait for the next round because we can get the big matches started early! Whoever we draw it's gonna be a match I'm gonna look forward to seeing :D

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Arsenal v Barca is a solid matchup imo, and without Messi there's a lot of stuff that can't be said (mainly Neymar's consistence) and if Arsenal can match up with their new 3 pronged attacks.

Though the only silver lining with Messi's injury is that Fabregas has been getting more time on-field which may help him cement his position in the starting eleven for good with 2 of the trio who aren't getting any younger (especially Xavi) and Barca will always feel more secure with Top Notch midfielders willing to take the baton. Fabregas is probably the only one anywhere NEAR matching Xavi's potential vision on field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)