Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Reminding people of my X Scramble.

Aso sunny004 a Regi for you: Regice! Since you said Regi-giver could give two...

It must now Explosion, Lock On, Zap Cannon, and any other non-perfect accuracy move. It must solo all rival battles after receiving, as well as Glacia and Drake.

Reserving for CJorex

Take Ethanol the Koffing

Ethanol never really liked the gases coming from its body and was more of a liquid fan. Ethanol cannot use any move involving gas like Poison Gas or Smog. As soon as you get Sludge(replace this with Sludge Bomb later) Ethanol is finally happy and will lead every battle with it. If it manages to Poison a target with Sludge or Sludge Bomb it feel it has done its job intoxicating the opponent and must Selfdestruct(or Explode) it also must Selfdestruct if it get hit with a Fire move(this restriction only applies to trainer mons). To evolve solo any gym leader after poisoning one of his mons and self destructing to finish the battle(you don't have to self destructing after poisoning any mon here). After evolution Ethanol can use Fire moves but must explode immeadiatly afterwards.

Last edited:
Reminding people of my X Scramble.

Aso sunny004 a Regi for you: Regice! Since you said Regi-giver could give two...

It must now Explosion, Lock On, Zap Cannon, and any other non-perfect accuracy move. It must solo all rival battles after receiving, as well as Glacia and Drake.
Sweet! I think im gna teach it icy wind for taht stab...
It has 95 accuracy lol

On that Amazing the ralts copycatcat i've changed my mind and am going to reject it unless it has a chance to evolve sometime before/on wattson. It's just too weak to solo norman with a ralts unless its like level 50 and i'm not going to grind that much.

Last edited:
So I merged those two posts because now I'm going to post the scramble post thing
Pokemon Ruby
-Evolution restrictions are fine but I would like all pokemon that are able to evolve atleast once before the 5th gym.
-I would like to try using a legendary but didnt want one too powerful, so I would like to use one of the Regi trio. I'll put it in somewhere around meteor falls (I will be hacking nessecary pokemon in so I will be able to get it before the post game and that you can use any pokemon)
-Im using an emulatior btw
-No suicidal pokemon
-No 2 pokemon that share a type (Ex. No ludicolo and no seedot on same team)
-Medium/Easy diffuculty seeing as its my first scramble
I Decided to add these into the rules because I like the other elements of the game too
-One pokemon must include contests in some way
-Try to include the legendaries into the postgame too
-Please include the Battle Tower into your challenges if you want; no insane records
-If you want me to do a Youtube Series just tell me and I'll set up a channel

The Pokemon:

Aimbot (Regice)
-Must learn Explosion, Lock on, Zap cannon, and a move of my choice. (Icy wind) Move must have accuracy of less than 100
-Must use lock on before using another move (To be decided/edited)
-Must solo all rival battles after receiving, and must solo glacia and drake.

Flicka (Electrike)
-Must always know Quick attack and Flash
-Must solo Brawly
-Must learn Iron Tail before E4

Solaris (Solrock)
-Solo every trained fire-type pokemon
-Solo Flannery
-Upon learning sunny day, soloing every fire type restriction is null
-Must have sun up to attack
-Must learn fire type move as well as solarbeam
-Must solo wallace's seaking and whiscash
-Must be only one out when catching Groudon (Planning on catching)
-Must solo Maxie at every encounter

Sneezes (Torkoal)
BEFORE CONTEST:
-Only able to use ember as damaging move
-When holding charcoal, able to use stronger fire type moves, but must use ember every other turn.
-To get rid of ember every other move requirement, beat one contest in verdanturf
AFTER CONTEST:
-No move restriction anymore
-Must solo all of fortree gym as well as 2 of Winona's pokemon (Swellow and Skarmory)
-Must solo 2 of Steven's pokemon

Flightwish (Surskit)
-Must learn Quick Attack and Agility
-Must solo Norman to evolve
-Once evolved, rename to Flighthater and may no longer use flying moves

Treeeeeee! (Treecko)
-To evolve into Grovyle it must solo 10 pokemon it has a type disadvantage against.
-To evolve into Sceptile it must solo 20 Bug/Fire/Ice/Flying type pokemon.
-Treeeeeee! must solo every Team Magma member (When possible) and Winona's Pelipper and Altaria.
-It may not be used in Fiery Path, Route 113, Mount Chimney, Jagged Pass, or Shoal Cave.

Will be starting on Friday.

Last edited:
For platinum, I have a porygon, a chimchar, a machop, and a gible. In yellow I have a Pikachu and a charmander, and in HeartGold I have all the required mons. This post has my rules.
Okay for Platinum I give you
The Slice The Kricketot

This Kricketot is rather bugged by its rather average Slice of life and as such it wishes to have a new bite at life and must always carry Bug Bite.
To Evolve The Slice must solo Gardenia.
The Slice enjoys slicing things and as such it must always carry a Slicing/Slashing/cutting Move once it learns to.

sunny004 Post link: (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-scramble-challange-mark-2.3455879/page-401#post-5061904)
For reference click on the time it was posted/last edited in the bottom left of the post to get the link.

Also a New Challange Approaches!
Sunny, Take Flicka the Electrike.

Flicka is your knight in flickering armour and like likes light based moves, Flicka Must learn Flash to show his/her support of light. Flicka also moves at the speed of Light and as such must always carry Quick attack. It also Appreciates Metallic things that refect light and wishes to Learn Iron Tail before the E4 to show it (Meteor falls with Waterfall).
Catch it before Brawly and solo him to evolve (All the other solos are just F'd)

Last edited:
Reserving for CJorex

Take Ethanol the Koffing

Ethanol never really liked the gases coming from its body and was more of a liquid fan. Ethanol cannot use any move involving gas like Poison Gas or Smog. As soon as you get Sludge(replace this with Sludge Bomb later) Ethanol is finally happy and will lead every battle with it. If it manages to Poison a target with Sludge or Sludge Bomb it feel it has done its job intoxicating the opponent and must Selfdestruct(or Explode) it also must Selfdestruct if it get hit with a Fire move(this restriction only applies to trainer mons). To evolve solo any gym leader after poisoning one of his mons and self destructing to finish the battle(you don't have to self destructing after poisoning any mon here). After evolution Ethanol can use Fire moves but must explode immeadiatly afterwards.
Alright, I accept!

Take Bomber the Turtwig. It must learn Withdraw, Razor Leaf, and Bullet Seed. Then it can evolve into Grotle. It must solo Bryon to evolve into Torterra, who must solo Candice.
Just a little clarification, can the Turtwig learn/use a fourth move? Regardless of whether or not it can, accepted-- but I would like some clarification here.

Amazing (Ralts)
Will be inserted if challenge is edited (I want ralts to evolve into kirlia b4 Wattson... It can evolve from kirlia to gardy at Flannery-Winona but wallace is too late in the game)

ALSO: HOW DO I GET A LINK TO THIS POST? JUST THIS POST NOT THE ENTIRE THREAD
Brawly for Kirlia, Winona(not soloed) for Gardevoir instead. Gardevoir must solo Norman. And Amazing must be female.
I forgot about a requirement for AimBot the Regice: You must use Lock-On to attack except using explosion.
Also- Ruby Scramble. You are welcome.

Reminding people of my X Scramble, which has now beat (because of the way I request Pokemon) Viola and Grant and cannot progress. Grant took 3 X Defenses and 2 Paralyze Heals to beat, not counting Super Potions used, because of the solowith Barbie.

Okay for Platinum I give you
The Slice The Kricketot

This Kricketot is rather bugged by its rather average Slice of life and as such it wishes to have a new bite at life and must always carry Bug Bite.
To Evolve The Slice must solo Gardenia.
The Slice enjoys slicing things and as such it must always carry a Slicing/Slashing/cutting Move once it learns to.

sunny004 Post link: (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-scramble-challange-mark-2.3455879/page-401#post-5061904)
For reference click on the time it was posted/last edited in the bottom left of the post to get the link.

Flicka is your knight in flickering armour and like likes light based moves, Flicka Must learn Flash to show his/her support of light. Flicka also moves at the speed of Light and as such must always carry Quick attack. It also Appreciates Metallic things that refect light and wishes to Learn Iron Tail before the E4 to show it (Meteor falls with Waterfall).
Catch it before Brawly and solo him to evolve (All the other solos are just F'd)
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to reject that Kricketot. Given the rarity of it, and the difficulty in training it as a Kricketune (let alone a Kricketot), it's a bit much for a medium challange.

Accepted! Thanks for the link.

Brawly for Kirlia, Winona(not soloed) for Gardevoir instead. Gardevoir must solo Norman. And Amazing must be female.
I forgot about a requirement for AimBot the Regice: You must use Lock-On to attack except using explosion.
So you're saying that I must use lock on before I use another move except explosion? Given the 5 pp of lock on I would be forced to carry an extensive amount of pp healing devices or go to the pokemon center every 5 minutes... Can you change it so that it only has to use lock on before zap cannon or something.

Also, does ralts have to solo brawly? And when you say that it must solo Norman you mean that kirlia has to right

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
So far I have 1 pokemon for the scramble. I need more. Rules...

Medium-high difficulty. No tradss no legies.
No hm slaves with 4 hms.
At least 1attackiny move per mon.
Blue version

I'll start a scramble of pokemon Y.
I will not have access to trading, but I will have pokebank.
I want 4 pokemon. I need 1 by the first gym, 2 by the third, 3 by the fifth, and 4 by the seventh.
Legendaries are not allowed.
I will not need any HM's covered, as I will have 2 HM slaves, nor will I put the useless HMs (cut, fly, or strength) on my pokemon. Surf and Waterfall are optional.
I want it hard, but not annoying. If a challenge is too easy, or too obnoxious, I will decline it. As far as what is annoying and what isn't, my opinion is the law. Basic guidelines are to not force grinding (solo x pokemon, use move x y times, use a move of type x y times, solo x trainers, reach rank x in battle chateau, etc.) or force time-based restrictions (wait x hours, use move x no more than once per y hours, if ___, it must wait y hours to ___, etc.).
I will beat the game, beat AZ, beat the E4 post-hall of fame, beat the rivals, and all other sigificant post-game events.

I will wait to start it until I finish my pokemon White 2 scramble or until Pokebank is released, whichever comes last.
Reminding people of my Pokemon Y scramble.

So far I have 1 pokemon for the scramble. I need more. Rules...

Medium-high difficulty. No tradss no legies.
No hm slaves with 4 hms.
At least 1attackiny move per mon.
Blue version
Take Odin the Nidoran M.
Odin believes it's a god, so it must always know leer to indimidate its subjects. A god must always be ready to unleash its rage, so It must always know rage. There is no restriction on evolving into Nidorino. To show how mighty it is, for it to be able to evolve into Nidoking , it must solo Sabrina. Odin takes pity on its subjects that he has a type advantage on, so Odin may not fight opponents that he has a type advantage on. (See more below) When fully evolved, Odin believes that it needs to demonstrate its power, so Odin must also solo Giovanni (Gym battle), and must be the only pokemon to defeat Bruno's hitmonchan and Machamp.

Restriction rundown:
-Must always know Leer and Rage
-Must solo Sabrina to evolve into Nidoking.
-May not use super effective moves against normal trainer battles (Wild, Elite 4, Gym, and Champion are fine. Tell me if you don't want these exceptions)
-Must solo Giovanni in the Viridian gym and must ko Bruno's Hitmonchan and Machamp

Still looking for 3 pokes for my Ruby scramble, one of which has to have a starter type (Grass, Fire, Water) Read ma post above

Last edited:

Reminding people of my X Scramble, which has now beat (because of the way I request Pokemon) Viola and Grant and cannot progress. Grant took 3 X Defenses and 2 Paralyze Heals to beat, not counting Super Potions used, because of the solowith Barbie.
Also Flicka teh Electrike is soloing brawly. Is it ok if I make Amazing solo Wattson to evolve into kirlia

I might do a Soulsilver scramble. Medium difficulty, no Pokewalker, but trading available (but only to evolve, grind more quickly and get moves earlier etc). No legendaries, but no matter what I am given I want to be able to use it to its full capability, and so do not be too harsh with the move restrictions. I also want to enjoy this scramble, and so I expect the challanges to be original entertaining, so no boring 'have a solo b gym without using c move' sort of thing. I can trade pokemon to get TM and move tutor moves as needed, as well. I do not want a starter, and I will only catch one pokemon before the first gym. Finally, I will be playing up to Red; however I will not allow solos of any of his pokemon as, in addition to the 6 I catch in Johto, I will take another 6 pokemon to be caught in Kanto to create a rotating roster of 12 that I will be using. I also do not want to have too many type overlaps as I want a balanced team. Therefore, I will only accept one pokemon of each type; perhaps two if they have different enough combinations
Reminding everyone of this
Accepted scramblemons:
Emo the Oddish/Narcissus the Belossom
This Oddish has two possible outcomes, depending on which option you choose. Please decide before opening either hide tag.
Option 1 chosen
Take Emo the Oddish. This Oddish has some serious issues. He hates himself and wants to feel pain. He first must solo Whitney to evolve into Gloom. When he evolves, he becomes even more suicidal and decides that he has to use only Poison-type moves, because he wants the poison to splash back and cause him pain. After soloing Morty, though, he realizes that causing himself pain is useless. He needs to cause Team Rocket pain. Evolve him into a Bellossom named Narcissus. Now he believes he is amazing. He must never use another Poison-type move again in order to preserve his beauty. He must solo Archer in the Goldenrod Radio Tower. He must solo the Blackthorn Gym (but not Clair; I'm not sadistic).

WHO DAT? the Wooper
Take a Wooper, name it WHO DAT?
WHO DAT? is a THUG. He must carry Water Gun at all times, or else a rival gang member could shoot his ass up.
WHO DAT? must also learn Mud Bomb ASAP. And NEVER FORGET IT.
He must carry 1 HM on his roster.
His final move must consist of either Swagger or Flash.
In order for him to evolve, WHO DAT? must solo a Team Rocket Admin AND a Gym Leader to send a message to the Rockets AND the League- NOBODY f***s with the SuperShoopers.
He must also solo ONE of Erika's Pokemon.

Solos chosen: Proton (1st battle) and Bugsy

Needle the Weedle
CJorex, Catch a weedle. Name it Needle.

Needle is tired of its friends being eaten by birds, so for it to evolve into Beedrill it must solo Falkner. This is when things start to get interesting. With its new found power, Needle wants to defeat it's flying nemeses with their own type, so Beedrill must always know a flying-type move.
(This doesn't come into effect until it learns one.) Now that Needle has explored the world a bit, it has seen more of its bug bretheren roasted by fire types and being crushed by rock types. Needle wants revenge. As Beedrill, Needle must KO every Flying, Fire, and Rock type pokemon. Beedrill must also solo Blaine and Brock's strongest Pokemon if you are doing the post game. Also, how are you going to get revenge without the move Payback? Beedrill must always know the move payback. (Like before, this doesn't come into effect until Payback is learned.)

Enjoy and if you think this is too challenging/not challenging enough just say so and i'll change it.

EDIT: Alternative for falkner since its so early in the game is that you have to ko his pidgeotto

EDIT AGAIN:
Restriction rundown
-Solo Falkner/KO Pidgeotto to evolve
-Defeat rival Zubat to evolve again
-Must always know flying type move and Payback
-Defeat every Flying, fire, and rock pokemon
-Solo Brock and Blaine Post game

Ethanol the Koffing
Take Ethanol the Koffing

Also, I'd like to ask that any of my Johto pokemon given to me be available before I battle the 5th gym (keep in mind this means pretty much anywhere up to mahogany ;).
Double edit: Anyone may now give me a second challange if they wish

Last edited:
sunny004-
Take Solaris the Solrock. Sunny believes he should have the Drought ability (perfectly fair given that he is shaped like the sun), and so is extremely jealous of those who have this awesome ability. Solaris wants to solo every trained fire-type, as he knows that it was a fire-type that got Drought instead of him. He especially wants to solo Flannery, mainly because her Slugmas knowing Sunny Day make him jealous. His soloing fire-types restrtiction stops, however, upon recieving the Sunny Day TM. Now he refuses to battle unless sun is up, and is completely opposed to the use of any other weather. He will only attack when it is sunny, and if there is rain in the overworld he must lead the party to fix the weather and change it to sunshine. Additionally, he wants moves to abuse Sunny Day, and so he must learn a damaging fire-type move, as well as Solarbeam. He must solo Groudon in the Cave of origin, or be the only one you use to catch him. Knowing he is so strong, he wants to battle Wallace. Solo his Seakiing and Whiscash, because they know Rain Dance and Solaris can't stand that.

PS: Forgot to add this, but also solo Maxie at every encounter

Enjoy!

sunny004-
Take Solaris the Solrock. Sunny believes he should have the Drought ability (perfectly fair given that he is shaped like the sun), and so is extremely jealous of those who have this awesome ability. Solaris wants to solo every trained fire-type, as he knows that it was a fire-type that got Drought instead of him. He especially wants to solo Flannery, mainly because her Slugmas knowing Sunny Day make him jealous. His soloing fire-types restrtiction stops, however, upon recieving the Sunny Day TM. Now he refuses to battle unless sun is up, and is completely opposed to the use of any other weather. He will only attack when it is sunny, and if there is rain in the overworld he must lead the party to fix the weather and change it to sunshine. Additionally, he wants moves to abuse Sunny Day, and so he must learn a damaging fire-type move, as well as Solarbeam. He must solo Groudon in the Cave of origin, or be the only one you use to catch him. Knowing he is so strong, he wants to battle Wallace. Solo his Seakiing and Whiscash, because they know Rain Dance and Solaris can't stand that.

PS: Forgot to add this, but also solo Maxie at every encounter

Enjoy!
Sweet! I really wanted a solrock lol... Maybe because its my favorite pokemon.
Just look at my avatar lol
Accepted

Brawly for Kirlia, Winona(not soloed) for Gardevoir instead. Gardevoir must solo Norman.
Forgot about this but what are you trying to say here? What are the requirments for evolving into Gardevoir?

Still looking for 2 pokes, one of which has to have a fire/water/grass type and not be a starter pokemon, and one of which has to include contests in some way please. Read above

Last edited:
Forgot about this but what are you trying to say here? What are the requirments for evolving into Gardevoir?

Still looking for 2 pokes, one of which has to have a fire/water/grass type and not be a starter pokemon, and one of which has to include contests in some way please. Read above
Would you like me to give you another pokemon?
Also, putting it out there that I will accept second challanges for anyone interested in giving me one.

Solo Roxanne(changed) for evolve to Kirlia, beat Winona for Garde(not a solo), solo Norman and Sidney(added) with Gardevoir.

Looking for 7 for X(read post in sig to learn more.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)