Item: Leftovers
Ability: Multi-Scale
Nature: Adamant (+Attack, - Sp. Attack)

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Punch
252 Attack, 252 Speed and 4 HP

Explanation: My main strategy for Dragonite is to Dragon Dance once no matter what because I can live with Mult-iscale and that should put me into a powerful and aggressive position to start sweeping

2. Gliscor:

Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison heal
Nature: Impish (+Def, -Sp. Attack)

Swords Dance
Protect
Earthquake
Ice Fang
252 Defense, 252 HP, 4 Attack

Explanation: My main strategy for Gliscor is to be my defensive wall, he has so much health and has a great amount of bulk that can take about any physical hit, so i would switch into Gliscor when im up againt someone offensive such as Kangaskhan, Breloom, etc and put up a swords dance and begin to attack if possible, protect is also there in case I need to regain some hp for my poison heal

3. Goodra:

Item: Chesto Berry
Ability: Gooey
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Attack)

Dragon Pulse
Rest
Muddy Water
Flamethrower
252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Sp Attack

Explanantion: My main strategy for Goodra is to be my specially defensive wall. With his great special bulk I can wall any special attackers such as Gengar, Alakazam etc while still doing damage with a good variety of attacks and if things are getting frisky I can always rest up and wake right back up with the chesto berry.

4. Gengar:

Item: Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest (+Sp Attack, -Attack)

Shadowball
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Dazzling Gleam
252 Sp Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Explanation: Gengar is my main special sweeper and with the life orb attached to him, he has a monstrous special attack, I added Dazzling Gleam to take care of the pesky dragon types instead of having the typical sludge bomb.

5. Ampharos

Item: Ampharosite
Ability: Static
Nature: Modest (+Sp Attack, -Attack)

Volt Switch
Discharge
Focus Blast
Dragon Pulse
252 Sp Attack, 252 HP, 4 Sp Def

Explanation: Ampharos will mega up and become a monster, with dragon pulse I'll be able to 2 hit KO any really good walla such as Hippowodown, discharge has a 30% chance to paralyze and I can use Volt switch if im up against a bad matchup

6. Greninja

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Protean
Nature: Hasty (+Speed, -Defense)

Taunt
U-Turn
Hydro Pump
Spikes
252 Speed, 252 HP, 4 Attack

Explanation: My perfect lead. Greninja is very fast so I will most likley go first most of the time, I can taunt most leads so they can't get rocks, spikes, sticky web etc up early in the game and then I can set up my own spikes and then u turn out if need be, I put hydro pump in there for just a last chance backup in case I need to do some damage

Well That's my team, I personally think its alright but I just wanted to see what other people think. I'm open to any changes and any type of constructive criticism. I think the main thing i'm noticing is that this team seems to have a big weakness to ice attacks, so pokemon such as Mamoswine, Abomasnow, Avalugg etc maybe a problem. Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks :)

Hi. The reason why you have so many weaknesses to ice types is that your team has 3 dragon types. In my opinion that is not a really good idea unless you have a steel type, which unfortunately you don't. Your team will also have a hard time with Azumaril because nothing on your team wants to switch into a CB boosted Play Rough. First off, if you plan on having Gliscor be your physical wall then get rid of Swords Dance, it serves real purpose on a defensive Gliscor set. Instead replace it with Toxic, which will help with wearing down tanky pokemon. Since you want Dragonite as your main sweeper, I would replace Goodra with Heatran. Since Goodra was your special wall, you can try an Assault Vest Heatran set.
Heatran @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse

This set lets you take special hits fairly well, while still hitting back hard with STAB Fire Blast. HP Grass lets you 2HKO standard chestorest Rotom-W. Earth Power is a great compliment with Fire Blast and Dragon Pulse lets you hit dragon types on the switch hard.

This is rate is just my thoughts after a quick glance at your team. Good Luck.

Try giving your Dragonite a Weakness Policy. If it gets hit by a SE move on its first turn in battle, it gets the boost from the Weakness Policy (even though the damage you take is lowered by Multiscale) and the boost from the DD (assuming you use DD on the first turn.)

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)