Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weakness Policy is a waste on Volcarona, IMO. It's already really powerful, and doesn't need the boost at all. Lum Berry and Leftovers are much better items.
That makes sense. Currently my Volcarona is holding Leftovers. Berries just don't seem all that appealing to me because you have to keep growing them and giving your pokemon another once they are used.

Why can Blastoise learn here Dark Pulse? I tried to breed it onto Squirtle and teaching it onto Blastoise via TM. It can't learn Dark Pulse. So...why is it mentioned here in the Megastoise thread?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Why can Blastoise learn here Dark Pulse? I tried to breed it onto Squirtle and teaching it onto Blastoise via TM. It can't learn Dark Pulse. So...why is it mentioned here in the Megastoise thread?
According to Bulbapedia, it can learn it via TM as of generation 6. Serebii also confirms this. Unless they all have it wrong for some reason you might be doing something wrong. Blastoise can only learn it in Gen 6 so you can't teach it in earlier gens.

Weakness Policy is a waste on Volcarona, IMO. It's already really powerful, and doesn't need the boost at all. Lum Berry and Leftovers are much better items.
I really like Passho Berry Volcarona. It lures in and beats would-be checks like Rotom-Wash and Keldeo, one of which is extremely common and the other of which should be extremely common but the ladder is kinda dumb like that. However, Volcarona isn't all that great in this meta anyway because Talonflame is so common, so you have to be sure to account for Talonflame if you want to sweep with it at all.

What pokemon would benefit the most from Safety Goggles?
Normally you'd want to put it on some bulky utility monn on a hail or sand team which would otherwise take damage from said weather(example Landorus-t in Hail). However it isnt really useful now considering leftovers negates such damage anyways and permanent sand/hail no longer exist.

Even though it also protects you from powder moves Leftovers recovery is preferred majority of the time.

Normally you'd want to put it on some bulky utility monn on a hail or sand team which would otherwise take damage from said weather(example Landorus-t in Hail). However it isnt really useful now considering leftovers negates such damage anyways and permanent sand/hail no longer exist.

Even though it also protects you from powder moves Leftovers recovery is preferred majority of the time.
I see your point. What about for protection from entry hazards?

I'm forming a rain team, the main abusers will be CB Azumarril and LO Ludicolo. My question is which nature is more beneficial for everyone's favorite mexican pineapple duck. the speed advantage gained from Timid, or hitting about 15% harder with Modest?

I'm forming a rain team, the main abusers will be CB Azumarril and LO Ludicolo. My question is which nature is more beneficial for everyone's favorite mexican pineapple duck. the speed advantage gained from Timid, or hitting about 15% harder with Modest?
Timid allows you to outspeed base 108 mons with scarf (musketeers and such), whilst with modest anything over base 100 and a choice scarf (stuff like thundurus and garchomp) can outspeed you.

I would go for timid, since your bulk is rather meagre, and the more things you outspeed the better as you don;t want to be taking many hits.

I think this is the right place to ask this: I'm training an Adamant Flareon and it already has 252 EV in Attack, in what should i invest the other 252 EV's? Super Defense? Or half SD and Half HP? and if you can please tell me the way you choose which Stats to train fully? Give me an example with any pokemon you want!

I think this is the right place to ask this: I'm training an Adamant Flareon and it already has 252 EV in Attack, in what should i invest the other 252 EV's? Super Defense? Or half SD and Half HP? and if you can please tell me the way you choose which Stats to train fully? Give me an example with any pokemon you want!
I assume this is about OU, since it's the only "official" tier. Flareon isn't suitable for OU at all, but if you're just dead set on using it, you're probably better off just sticking those evs into HP and Speed.

44 Speed Evs will allow you to outspeed base 70s, so I guess just put the 212 remaining into HP. Again, I don't condone using Flareon in OU. It's awful.

Is it really that necessary to have a mega on your team to be competitive??
No, teams without megas are completely do-able, and I've wound up with several teams that don't use them. Everyone is just trying new things right now, so I wouldn't say it's required. If you don't like the pokemon, don't use it.

I assume this is about OU, since it's the only "official" tier. Flareon isn't suitable for OU at all, but if you're just dead set on using it, you're probably better off just sticking those evs into HP and Speed.

44 Speed Evs will allow you to outspeed base 70s, so I guess just put the 212 remaining into HP. Again, I don't condone using Flareon in OU. It's awful.

I don't understand anything about Tiers so i just pick the Pokemons i would like to have in a team and train them lol i asked in other thread and a guy told me to ask here so that's what i did haha thanks for responding!

I don't understand anything about Tiers so i just pick the Pokemons i would like to have in a team and train them lol i asked in other thread and a guy told me to ask here so that's what i did haha thanks for responding!
I highly believe in "the rule of one"
As long as 5 of your pokemon are OU standard and have great synergy you can have one pokemon that you personally like.
If you want to use flareon then make a baton pass team and pass speed to it. It will be a challenge to use successfully but it's doable.
Or you could scarf it and make him a revenge killer...a stealth rock weak one...but a revenge killer nonetheless

I think with a jolly nature you could outspeed base 100's with a scarf...not entirely sure though.

I didn't read all 116 pages, so I apologize if someone already asked; does anyone have a estimate of when we will start tiering for X/Y?
My best guess is that it'll be sometime January or February at best, because the metagame needs to settle out from the Pokebank opening before tiering gets started. Not associated with it but this is a guess.

I highly believe in "the rule of one"
As long as 5 of your pokemon are OU standard and have great synergy you can have one pokemon that you personally like.
If you want to use flareon then make a baton pass team and pass speed to it. It will be a challenge to use successfully but it's doable.
Or you could scarf it and make him a revenge killer...a stealth rock weak one...but a revenge killer nonetheless

I think with a jolly nature you could outspeed base 100's with a scarf...not entirely sure though.
It actually outspeed base 120's, but gets outsped by Greninja. Also, Manuelthefiary, If you just really want to use flareon, feel free. I used to run a team with Pikachu and still did fine. I'm just saying if you're just getting started into competitive, you may want to lean towards more reliable things until you figure out the metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)