Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone give me a list of Mons that can handle Thundurus-I well? The prankster T-Waves and BoltBeam+Fighting coverage is really annoying.
This thing is incredibly hard to handle; there's a reason why it got banned last year. But if I had to make a guess, I'd imagine that Specially Defensive Gastrodon can take a hit decently and threaten back with Ice Beam.

I'm trying to build a team of 3 for the wi-fi season of gen 6 only.

I know I want Talonflame, but I'm not sure what 2 go best. Goodra? Klefki? Aegislash? Diggersby?

Can someone please help me with the other 2? Not sure what's used in the current meta-game of only gen 6 Pokemon.

I know I want Talonflame, but I'm not sure what 2 go best. Goodra? Klefki? Aegislash? Diggersby?

Can someone please help me with the other 2? Not sure what's used in the current meta-game of only gen 6 Pokemon.
Aegislash/Talonflame/Greninja. Really, all you need is a Swords Dance Talonflame and a Tyrantrum counter, and you win pretty much everything.

A Klefki counter would be convenient too, although not necessary.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

It's also worth noting that this ladder will be ending soon and replaced with a VGC 2014 ladder in-game, so if you're just now getting around to breeding things for a team, you probably shouldn't waste the time on it. However, if you've got these things hanging around in boxes already or have easy access to them, then go for it.

Also worth noting that the format is bring 6 Pokemon, choose 3, so you'll want to cover as much as you can with the six Pokemon you can bring to the match. Tyrantrum and Barbaracle are both solid answers to Talonflame, and Avalugg, while certainly not the best Talonflame counter, can easily tank one Flare Blitz and fire off a Stone Edge. These are just Pokemon to keep in mind while you're building a team. I found that mixed Aegislash was the best Pokemon to beat all three of these, particularly if you carried Shuca Berry, as they all commonly run Earthquake in this format.

Can someone give me a list of Mons that can handle Thundurus-I well? The prankster T-Waves and BoltBeam+Fighting coverage is really annoying.
Amoonguss is a great answer for Thundurus-I. The only thing you really have to worry about from Thundurus is Taunt, which doesn't keep you from spamming Sludge Bomb against it, and you can switch out to regain HP later on. Celebi, Mega Venusaur, Roserade, and Latias can also take Hidden Power Ice with relative ease considering its low Base Power and take it out.

Sue for asking whats has probably been asked before, BUT! are the any pokemon that get Defog and Prankster/Gale Wings?
The only Flying Prankster is Murkrow, which gets defog but is illegal with Prankster because Prankster is 5th gen+ and Defog is 4th gen.

The only Gale Wings mon is the Fletchling line, which doesn't get Defog.

Can some kind person tell me the most standard cores there are in this metagame, because I have been on a haiatus for a while, and want to get back into the game?

Can some kind person tell me the most standard cores there are in this metagame, because I have been on a haiatus for a while, and want to get back into the game?
I've been seeing a lot of mega lucario, aegislash, and garchomp as an offensive core. Talonflame with excadrill is very popular as well. Rotom wash is everywhere and often grouped with genesect and / or aegislash

Talonflame/Dugtrio/Excadrill is amazing, since Dugtrio traps Rocks and Heatran, Excadrill Spins Rocks and hits Rotom-W, and Talonflame sweeps.

Skarmory/Blissey is better now since not that many people run Magnezone anymore.

Mega Lucario pairs well with Ice-type moves, especially coming off something like Greninja, which can also U-Turn.

Genesect+Dugtrio is as good as ever.

Klefki is also a great addition to any core because of dual screens, Thunder Wave, and Foul Play.

Hey guys. I want to make a Snorlax, with
Rest
sleep talk
Crunch
Body slam

Why would be a good ev spread?
I was thinking 252def, 100att and rest in hp?

Is there any solid proof that Entei gets Sacred Fire? People have claimed to have seen him use it in the Maison, but they also claimed to see Tornadus using Aeroblast and that got debunk'd, so....

Now that Pokebank is out, I'm thinking of transferring a Latias.

However, I have not caught one yet, so I'm planning to RNG it. However, what sets are viable right now? It's a different metagame, so I want to know what seems to be good, since I only can get one Latias.

I'm thinking about making a Offensive Mega Gyarados set, because it seems to be a underused but viable Mega, and I have my Mega Slot open ATM, but what would be the best nature for it? I'd be guessing Jolly with the Standard 252/252 Spread, but I'd like some advice here, Rotom W is one annoying little bugger, and having Mold Breaker give it the middle finger would be glorious to see.

Is there any solid proof that Entei gets Sacred Fire? People have claimed to have seen him use it in the Maison, but they also claimed to see Tornadus using Aeroblast and that got debunk'd, so....
Now confirmed by Japanese players with Pokebank access: the Sacred Fire rumors are true.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
SpD Hippo takes around 35-38% from HP Ice and can threaten with Stone Edge, it's a pretty decent check and even a counter.

Is there any chance that Talonflame will be suspected in the near future? I honestly think it is the most broken mon left.

As long as Stealth Rock is around Talonflame will never be broken.
This. It probably WOULD be fairly ridiculous otherwise (even with an only-moderately-high attack, Flying is such good coverage that Priority Brave Bird is terrifying), but Stealth Rock is a thing, and Talonflame burns half its health just to switch in. This becomes even more important when you factor in the massive expansion in the availability of Stealth Rock soon to be caused by the Pokebank opening, and the fact that one of Talonflame's very hardest counters was high-use OU in Generation 5 and is just itching to come out to play. (Welcome back, Heatran!)

As it stands, it's merely powerful. It's almost completely unlikely to get suspected, though, because its support moveset is pretty much limited to Tailwind, and Talonflame itself demands a lot of team support to function. Most of the purely-offensive Pokemon that get suspected do so because they're overwhelmingly powerful with extreme coverage and little need for team support (Blaziken, MegaKhan) or can blow through teams with virtually no setup (Excadrill back when sand was permanent, Swift Swimmers back at the start of 5th gen OU when it was legal with Drizzle).

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Now that Pokebank is out, I'm thinking of transferring a Latias.

However, I have not caught one yet, so I'm planning to RNG it. However, what sets are viable right now? It's a different metagame, so I want to know what seems to be good, since I only can get one Latias.
The best Latias set right now is without a question its offensive Defog set. It just runs 252 SpA/252 Spe Timid, with Draco Meteor/Defog/Healing With/Psyshock or Surf. A lot of people question why you don't just use Latios, as it has a noticeably higher Special Attack, but offensive teams appreciate pivots that can tank special attacks pretty easily, which Latias can do much better than Latios. Another things that Latias has over Latios is Healing Wish, which is fantastic for offensive teams, allowing them to play recklessly early on in the match with a sweeper and then fully recover it towards the end of the battle in order to clean up. My favorite partner for it is Choice Band Talonflame, which can spam Brave Bird early on in the match to weaken its checks and then clean up at the end of the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)