Pokémon Pokébank changes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Competitive :P
Well, that's a bit disappointing, Milotic could've used a better ability, it's counterpart Gyarados has two Great ones in Moxie and Intimidate, ( Still waiting for my Specially Oriented Intimidate, GF) wheras Milotic has two Meh Abilities, while Competitive could be useful with stuff like Intimidate and Sticky Web, but with WoW and TWave everywhere I think Marvel Scale is still the better ability on Milotic.

Finally got Pokemover to work.

I'll be trying to see if Mega Evolution works on Non-Kalos mons.

Also going to be trying to breed some attacks onto Snivy, like Dragon Pulse and Aqua Tail.

Competitive Milotic? I think it might be the first competent user of that ability. Time to punish some intimidate in doubles.
Don't diss Wigglytuff lol. Or Cute Charm Milotic, either. :P

On a serious note, Competitive is just too unreliable, especially given that it's reasonably easy to force Milotic out. Marvel Scale at least makes you a good Burn absorber. Or you can use RestTalk.

Well, that's a bit disappointing, Milotic could've used a better ability, it's counterpart Gyarados has two Great ones in Moxie and Intimidate, ( Still waiting for my Specially Oriented Intimidate, GF) wheras Milotic has two Meh Abilities, while Competitive could be useful with stuff like Intimidate and Sticky Web, but with WoW and TWave everywhere I think Marvel Scale is still the better ability on Milotic.
I always felt like Unnerve should have been Special Intimidate.
The thing I can't wait for with bank is being able to breed the male-only Hidden Ability pokes like starters. I know it may not fit this thread as it's not necessarily a "change", but have the Japanese described how it works? How strict is the hack check? How many can you move at a time? How does the bank interface with your game(does it just pull and dump straight from your in-game box? Is there some bank-related in-game function or NPC?)?

What Milotic really needed was an additional Fairy type, to be honest.

Can anyone confirm if Swampert gets recover via Avalugg?

Two important quotes from serebii:

"Oh yeah, though it was known/theorised already, so far on all the Pokémon I have transferred, I have seen no type changes outside of Cottonee/Whimsicott"

"Shiny Charm is the reward for completing the National Pokédex"

If serebii has already completed the national dex and hasn't noticed any more retypes, I think it is safe to say that all Fairy retypes are known.

The GTS has already confirmed that Traininator. Just ask for a Jirachi, Game Sync, and it'll show you it's still Psychic/Steel.

Same with every other legend that people could have thought was Fairy.

Add this to the list of "WTFs": Cresselia is not Psychic/Fairy.

Time for some Snivy breeding.

I'll go and see if you can use non-Pentagon mons at the Battle Spot later on.
Wait, does that mean you can transfer hacked mons to X and Y, but they show up without the pentagon? I was under the impression that hacked mons could not be transferred at all.

Time for some Snivy breeding.

I'll go and see if you can use non-Pentagon mons at the Battle Spot later on.
You can, i've already checked.
Wait, does that mean you can transfer hacked mons to X and Y, but they show up without the pentagon? I was under the impression that hacked mons could not be transferred at all.
Pentagon doesn't mean it's unhacked, it means it was obtained in the Kalos region.

RNG'd mons are not hacked. They use RNG systems already implemented into the game.

You can, i've already checked.
AS IF THE BATTLE SPOT WASN'T ANNOYING ENOUGH ALREADY.

I'm so looking forward to BS: Mega Mom Edition - Even more Mom than your Mom could handle.

/sarcasm

5th gen PokeGen mons are confirmed to be transferred over to XY via retail cart.

I can only confirm "legitly" hacked mons, not anything with 255+ EVs, etc.

Serperior has the same level up moveset as last gen.

Well, I looked at my lv 86 Serperior at the relearner, I'm not sure if the relearner acts differently for transferred mons.

If this is true, well shit. I was hoping it got something new.

CONTRARY SERPERIOR WHEN GF?

Sigh... I'll be trying to get Aqua Tail/Dragon Pulse on one by breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)