Pokémon Pokébank changes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Asking if anyone will breed Pain Split Cofagrigus with an Aegislash.

Or Earth Power Hydreigon/Garchomp with Goodra.

Last edited:
THIS JUST MADE MY CHRISTMAS <3
Thank-you to whoever confirmed this, Merry Chirstmas to all! <3

..Now, time to start ruining lives with Resttalk CM Cresselia :]
But no stab unfortunately. Cress would have been amazing with a secondary fairy type.T-T.
Also was entei the only one that got a special treatment? Suicune and raikou could use some love too.

Well, that's a bit disappointing, Milotic could've used a better ability, it's counterpart Gyarados has two Great ones in Moxie and Intimidate, ( Still waiting for my Specially Oriented Intimidate, GF) wheras Milotic has two Meh Abilities, while Competitive could be useful with stuff like Intimidate and Sticky Web, but with WoW and TWave everywhere I think Marvel Scale is still the better ability on Milotic.
I think Marvel Scale fits defensive Milotic, while Competitive would be great for a more offensive Milotic.

But no stab unfortunately. Cress would have been amazing with a secondary fairy type.T-T.
Also was entei the only one that got a special treatment? Suicune and raikou could use some love too.
I can understand why they didn't, though. Cress is already amazing in doubles, the official metagame, so buffing her with that mindset is rather unthinkable, wouldn't you agree?
I think Marvel Scale fits defensive Milotic, while Competitive would be great for a more offensive Milotic.
Nah, there are cooler offensive Water-types out there, like Keldeo and Empoleon and Suicune, and it's rather hard to get Competitive to activate. I can see a niche for it if Sticky Web becomes really popular, though.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Just edited the OP, but I'll leave this here as well

Well this thread rapidly turned to shit. Please try to keep discussion to confirmed news and its impact on the meta. Take your wishful thinking wild speculation to Orange Islands.
Yeah don't do this. Speculation is expressly banned in OI. I'm not sure why people always redirect it there.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Stab would have been nice, but I'll take a 95BP move with no immunities regardless :P (in regards to the resttalk cm set)

Also, I've heard from multiple people that Suicune got Freeze-Dry in the same fashion that Entei got Sacred Fire. I can't confirm it, but it seems logical.
EDIT: all lies, lies and slander^

Last edited:
I can understand why they didn't, though. Cress is already amazing in doubles, the official metagame, so buffing her with that mindset is rather unthinkable, wouldn't you agree?
Yeah i guess so. But really they were really miserly with the retypes. If not cress then the lake trio should've been fairies :(. And this was their one chance to retype mons.
So has any metagame-shattering changes been discovered? Other than sacred fire entei?

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
BUT> crocune becomes viable again this gen thanks to reversion in sleep mechanics.

only a small matter of it's bulk not being what it used to be.

Rewrote the OP:
Pokebank is live in Japan, and with it being released we have all new info regarding Pokemon and Moves! Pokebank will be out in North America on Friday, 12/27/13. Here are all the known discoveries:
- Entei now learns Sacred Fire at Level 0
- Techno Blast has been buffed to 120 Base Power
- Snorunt now gets Switcheroo as an egg move via Cottonee
- Klefki now gets Switcheroo as an egg move via Cottonee
- Cresselia learns Moonblast at Level 99
- Misdreavus learns Dazzling Gleam via TM 99
- Mismagius learns Dazzling Gleam via TM 99
- Mismagius learns Phantom Force at Level 0
- Feebas now has Oblivious as a second ability
- Milotic now has Competitive as a second ability
- Genesect now learns Fell Stinger at Level 0
- Whimsicott learns Moonblast at Level 50 (Cottonee doesn’t at all)
- Whimsicott learns Dazzling Gleam via TM 99
- Cottonee learns Dazzling Gleam via TM 99
Keep discussion to confirmed new, don't make this a speculation thread as it will derail the thread from the actual purpose.

Discuss!

Quick question, can hacked pokemons be used for ranked matches?
For example, if a Gen-5 shiny BLAZIKEN from an egg had speed boost…can it be used for ranked matches?

Do Anyone have checked Deoxys with the meteordites in the fossil lab? Deoxys has 4 forms but I see 5 meteors (hope to see a new form or is just a filler rock?).

Quick question, can hacked pokemons be used for ranked matches?
For example, if a Gen-5 shiny BLAZIKEN from an egg had speed boost…can it be used for ranked matches?
I'm pretty sure you can use a blatantly hacked pokemons in ranked matches as long as they don't have over-the-limit IVs/EVs.

Nah, there are cooler offensive Water-types out there, like Keldeo and Empoleon and Suicune, and it's rather hard to get Competitive to activate. I can see a niche for it if Sticky Web becomes really popular, though.
Defog, friends. Defog :)

Though all the examples you gave are still better offensive Water types than Milotic, to be fair.

I thought Game Freak would actually have put good hack checks in place for Pokebank. Oh well.

SERPERIOR DOES NOT GET AQUA TAIL/DRAGON PULSE.

Well goddamnit GF. There goes my hope of breeding a Coil set in X/Y or keeping good coverage for when/if Serperior gets Contrary this gen.

...I think I'm gonna cry now.

Edit: Is there a thread I can post this stuff in? Research or something?
Uh, if it does get Contrary, you wouldn't want to use Coil because that would lower your stats.

Nintendo's hack checks suck, but I didn't know it was that crappy. I figured that it wouldn't catch "legal" hacks but I guess that Gamefreak doesn't give a rat's ass. I know that someone at regionals was DQ'd for an illegal Pokeball/egg move combination, so they certainly have the capability to catch that sort of thing.
I once fought someone use a shiny Thundurus in a Dream Ball. I reported them & they passed the hack check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)