Serious Popularity in Schools: How It Affects People

We all know about popularity. You're either the guy playing rugby out on the field, showing off and impressing people or the guy sitting alone in the corner; at least that's how it works where I'm from.

It sucks to be the nerd. People see you as an outsider. You might be one of those nerds who has a few friends in the popular group but not quite enough to pull yourself up a notch on the totem pole, in which case you hate the whole idea. Like me. Otherwise, you're too busy data mining or whatever to care about your social life or it's amazing, you get respect because you're so far up your own ass you're practically your own shit. Again, this is how I see it. I hate the whole idea. The deeper part of this is social groups often leads to rivalry and sometimes bullying to people outside your "group". Jocks VS nerds seems to happen most places, and this is kinda what I'm getting at.

Wherever you stand, I'm sure a community as large as Smogon has a wide variety of people, so what are your thoughts on this subject? Can people's self-esteem be seriously harmed due to this social pecking order? Should schools do more about it?

Maybe it's cause I didn't go to public schools but honestly this stuff didn't actually happen. Any "persecution" that ever happened was just a self-perceived victim complex. If there are people you don't like you can just ignore them. If they go out of their way to give you are hard time they're just a shitty person whose 'popular crew' is probably just a small group of equally-deluded shitty people.

idk I had almost no friends in high school bc I was not only gay but really really weird and socially awkward but my life is awesome in college/work and I have a ton of friends. Just be yourself high school isn't the world or anything remotely close. You'll be glad you did when you get into the real world.

Well honestly this hasn't been a problem for a long time, for me at least. The last time that I got teased for stuff like that was back in around 7th grade, but that was around 3 years ago, nowadays, in my school at least, if someone likes something that the other person doesn't, then they normally mind their own business (NORMALLY, there are a few obnoxious people.) but I normally ignore them because the kinds of things they say are normally so stupid that it's funny. Like when I was playing Silver version early in the morning before school and a kid laughed at me and called it Digimon, and he just looked like an idiot, so me and my friends just laughed at him. I have a whole group of friends though that are interested in the same thing as me though, I've got around 10 or so other friends in my school who also play Pokemon amongst me, though only one of them plays it competitively, that normally doesn't matter that much. Basically, what i'm saying is that people stopped doing that once High School started and started to mind their own businesses, and I ended up finding friends with a common interest later on.

I consider myself pretty lucky, I Homeschool, and i still have a good group of friends, Well... it may not be the largest friend group, but the friends i have are good ones

Asek

Banned deucer.
I go to a catholic high school and I don't really find that there is any looking down upon on any group / individual. Its just a bunch of different groups with different interests who tend to stay out of each others way. Theres the sporty kids, the nerds and the surfers with a couple of other smaller groups being present. The only people who really picked on other kids and made their life bad were generally told that they were dickheads and they eventually stopped because I think once you get past the age of ~13/14 the idea of bullying and all that just seems really stupid and a waste of time to most people

@created vs imposed isolation in schools

It's more or less both. A lot of times, people tend to be one of a few types of "loners": fedora-wearing "intellectuals" sneering at the peasants surrounding them, muttering to themselves how nobody can understand their art or whatever makes them special according to them. There's also the self-imposed isolation that comes with no sense of superiority in their reasoning, simply that they prefer to be by themselves. Finally, there is the "bullying" kind, which isn't self-imposed at all, and simply due to the way that their peers treat them. These are not, of course, mutually exclusive, and several factors can play important roles in a person's overall placing in the miniature society that is their particular school and their contentment with the fact.

People in the initial category, to me at least, seem to be attempting to fulfil the human need of wanting to be wanted - most people want to "mean something," particularly since the mortal existence is so terribly short in comparison to time itself, and many people, particularly when they are young and ambitious, want to be "famous". Carving out a notable niche is something that few humans ever end up doing, but there is often that ambition - that raison d'etre, that pushing force, that driving dream to be great - is something that persists in many humans, and is pretty much the sole reason why capitalism continues to somewhat work even today, despite the massive technological advances that have been created since its inception. People of the first category are more or less exhibiting this desire in a particularly annoying or obvious way. Special Snowflake Syndrome, indeed. This is just one reasoning, though, as there could be many reasons why this might possibly be.

The people in the secondary and tertiary categories are where "nerds" or "geeks" typically tend to be, from my personal experience. In this I refer to those who truly do care about their studies or their interest of choice, not people who "are into" such things simply for a few popularity points or a higher chance to get laid [as it is "cool" to be a nerd these days, thanks in part to The Big Bang Theory, I'd reckon]. People who tend to be "mad geniuses" are typically alone, either because they do not want to bother with involving other humans in their activities, or simply because they do not care. I personally differentiate this with the formermost matter with the strong air of superiority typically associated with peoples that happen to share the first mindset. Their peers might not notice or care for them, and if they do jeer, a person of the second "type" does not care or pays very little attention, as they are absorbed in their world.

People of the third type, however, are a different story. Humans dislike that which they do not understand, or that which is different; this has been consistently proven throughout history, due to the persecution of others based on what sets them apart rather than what binds them together, such as religion, sex, race, sexual orientation, language, and others. Ideologies and mannerisms are naturally a part of these differentiations, and being "strange" or "weird" tends to be a good ticket for being ostracised, particularly in more conservative societies. This makes sense on an evolutionary level; identifying with one with different mannerisms aside from the ones that had been proven to work could easily become disastrous or even fatal, and the species was meant to survive, not necessarily to adapt more than it needed to. As such, behaving in a way that is different or not considered normal or acceptable is an understandable reason for humans to reject other humans; this is particularly significant due to humans as a whole being of a social species, one that desires group acceptance and is gratified when this is received and generally stressed when it is not. Being rejected, particularly among ones' direct peers, can be very discouraging indeed.

Humans like having a group to belong to; this, again, has evolutionary uses, as strong loyalties to a certain group would result in a tightly-knit and stronger clan unit. This "hive" mentality is clearly not always good, however, as can be clearly shown in riots, particularly the Vancouver Riot of recent years. Perfectly normal people were doing destructive and violent things such as breaking into stores and destroying cars simply because of the rush of the crowd - they were not truly thinking, it was more or less their instinct taking over. A similar process is done for bullying; people like to unite against a common cause, even if that common cause is taking someone else down, bit by bit. Humans are very much blank canvases in the sense that they are capable of great acts of kindness, but also horrible acts of brutality - and not all brutality is physical.

So, while a lot of people truly are "the world is out to get me baww nobody understands me," don't handwave bullying and unwilling isolation - it does exist, and it does happen. Some people even do it subconsciously, with no active desire to cause emotional pain. It's pretty hard to avoid, too - when one would just handwave an action as nothing, another takes huge offence in the matter. I'd also like to briefly note that if you want attention, you kinda have to ask for it, you know? Most people aren't mind readers. If you want friends, you can't hope that they float to you, as that rarely works, and you'll find that you're much more likely to find trash than pearls on the beach; if you want something amazing, you're gonna have to dive for it.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
You might be one of those nerds who has a few friends in the popular group but not quite enough to pull yourself up a notch on the totem pole, in which case you hate the whole idea. Like me.
Honestly, this mentality is a big part of the problem. Looking at yourself as a step below a personality archetype you may or may not be is a very destructive habit to get into. Be yourself and try not to go out of your way to be antisocial and you should be okay.

I drifted through high school with almost no issues... I think I have a knack for getting well known quickly. Well, my school was always slightly smaller. But notoriety isn't really popularity... Two things to remember about me: I can't remember faces. Even my girlfriend of two years, I had to keep a picture because I couldn't remember her face well. My best friend of four years, I can remember his face well enough, but still can't tell you what color his eyes are or even specific details like freckles, dimples or any small anomalies. It sucks, but faces all look the same to me (except for this Irish kid, who was so different I remember his face perfectly. He was also a ginger and on my soccer team, so...). I recognize people by voice. Because I don't recognize people by face, I also don't remember names at all.

This leads to me not carrying about looks, mine own including. I would often look haggard and unkempt without noticing because I would have to consciously remind myself that people CARED what I looked like before I would do something about it. But my class was only a class of 80, and about half of them were really cool (and a quarter consistently in my honor classes). With help from the unofficial 'class leaders', which I eventually would kind of join in more or less by default, we became pretty accepting of everyone and stay in really good contact with each other at a higher rate than any other class.

Freshman year, I joined a soccer team and I chose the right sport. We were family in the strongest sense and the group was regularly off the wall. I survived high school with two really close friends outside of the soccer team and a huge reputation for being a very, very smart trickster. Yeah, I was socially awkward coming into high school, and still am a bit odd, but I was also a goof around others. Then again, I also messed with kids who bullied others, even though I was (and still am) only barely 5'7". Lost part of a tooth for it one time, too.

Hey, I stayed out of all groups but the soccer team. I loved my time in high school because I completely forgot about the social status quo and senior year, I ended up at the top because high school was what I made it. That saying may be overused AF, but that's really how it was. I disobeyed social norms, I didn't keep in touch with the social hierarchy and I made it my goal to do what I enjoyed every day, and that was fucking with those people who believed they were worth something.

So yeah, the first issue with popularity is ever BOTHERING with popularity. The second issue (generally not by the same people as the ones who struggle with the first) is thinking you're the gold standard for hot shit. If you want to become more popular, you're honestly going to have a bad time. It REALLY isn't the way to go about it, aiming to become more popular because, no matter how hard you try to disguise it, eventually you'll come off as a snob or cut off friends that had your back. I saw it happen to one of my best friends before high school. We had spent HUNDREDS of hours together, probably been to more camps than you can count and had gone skiing all over the eastern area of the US. In high school, he decided he wanted to hang with more popular students and very quickly became a jerk in the highest regards, one who couldn't even trust his new "friends" to have his back. He ended more popular, yes, but the majority of the graduating class thought he was incredibly immature, something you would've never had said about him before he pulled that stunt.

Make good friends, not the kind you know in passing, but those who you really, really know. Like I said, I have two, outside my soccer team (I was a captain there, so I know a good deal of personal information, problems and accomplishments my younger brothers and removed family have had).

Secondly, smile. I rarely could be seen doing anything but smiling, even when I was poking fun at someone, or even insulting them. It just naturally makes you more likable. If you have any friends in passing, I had traditions with quite a few of them, including asking one girl everyday "How goes it", to which the only acceptable answer was "It goes well", a tradition we have had for over 6 years now. Heck, I only talked to her for more than 10 minutes about once a month outside of student council.

And third, if it isn't your business or you don't have any experience in the subject, keep your mouth shut and be the best damn listener that person has ever talked to. Don't press, don't jar, just listen. Often, you not only learn something, that person considers you a better friend just for being someone to vent to. If you have good advice, don't be afraid to help, but don't butt in on random conversations you can help with.

Lastly, just know when you can join in a conversation. People react differently around different people, so knowing how they react when they AREN'T with you, or in public, is as important as knowing how they act when they ARE with you. If it's a conversation between friends of yours, you're fine to join in. But be careful with people you don't associate with often around friends, as you can put your friend in an odd place, and social embarrassment is a hard thing for people to deal with due to this constant climbing of the social hierarchy ladder.

That's all I've got. I had a good bit of patience and good things happened to me, mainly in my Sophomore year (though my Freshman year, the seniors loved me because I wasn't afraid to be a smart ass to people twice my size).

Edit: As for schools doing more about it... Nah, wouldn't help. Individual teachers can give a kid a boost if that teacher is respected, but popularity is something not to be controlled, sort of like gossip... The school CAN'T control the groups from forming and the social distances from appearing. The best thing a school can do is just have a staff that is in touch with the student class and happenings of the school and then let those staff intervene as they need.

Last edited:
idk I had almost no friends in high school bc I was not only gay but really really weird and socially awkward but my life is awesome in college/work and I have a ton of friends. Just be yourself high school isn't the world or anything remotely close. You'll be glad you did when you get into the real world.
Am I the only one who hasn't experienced any shift from high school to college? I have less friends in college than I do now even. People are just as shitty as they ever were, perhaps even more so people they can drink there asses off without parental repercussions. The real world isn't any better than high school from my perspective. Fuck, its even worse because I am expected to be responsible now.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
"Popularity" in its Hollywood-defined forme doesn't really exist from what I've heard and seen in my own experiences and from what others have told me, at least in Wisconsin, it's probably different on the west or east coasts. Never have I seen someone be pressured to wear or do something or otherwise be ostracized. Popularity is a sensationalized concept that has no real function or virtue within the school hierarchy. This isn't to say that some kids aren't more popular than others, or that students don't try to achieve this kind of "popularity" so instilled in their minds from the media, but the core tangibility concept doesn't really exist, again at least from my own experiences. It isn't a thing that can really be defined as achieved, you either grow into it or you don't.

From my own experiences cliques, friend, and activity groups account for much more of the school interaction hierarchy than anything. Ajwf really has it right, being someone who is funny, approachable, a good listener, and friendly makes it super easy to make lots of on-the-face friends and opens the door to closer friendships. Truly being yourself and making friends that way is what leads to really lasting friendships, those friends that you put on a faux persona with do not last outside of high school, and typically those friends that you only interact with in one setting (think a single class) rarely even exist outside of that setting (unless you make the effort to interact outside of that setting).

As to the OP's questions of should schools do something about it? No, because it is inherent that some kids will be more sociable and more well-liked by a larger portion of the student body than other students. There isn't anything they CAN do except maybe teach kids how to make friends, make better friends, and crack down on bullying.

idk this post is kinda rambling and maybe a bit pretentious but I've found this idea of popularity interesting as it's something I never perceived growing up and yet see it all the time in the media.

GaryTheGengar

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
just be honest with both other people and yourself and you'll surround yourself with a group of good core friends which is all you really need + you'll make tons of other friends

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
You'll go to college, meet more like-minded broad cross-section of people, instead of people in the same 10 mile radius. Then you'll look back and probably conclude most of the people you knew were.

a. dicks
b. part of the bandwagon.

Am I the only one who hasn't experienced any shift from high school to college? I have less friends in college than I do now even. People are just as shitty as they ever were, perhaps even more so people they can drink there asses off without parental repercussions. The real world isn't any better than high school from my perspective. Fuck, its even worse because I am expected to be responsible now.
Are you a freshman? I only ask because your thought processes sound a lot like the way mine were my freshman year of college.

For me, freshman year was pretty much just as bad as high school, if not worse. There were lots of cliques on my floor in my dorm, a very strong emphasis on social hierarchy, and lots of drama and stuff, definitely exacerbated by the fact that a good portion of the freshman class was experiencing the wonders of alcohol for the first time, while others didn't want to take part in the party scene because it just wasn't what they wanted. I fell into the latter group back then, and had a really bad time socially because of it and the overall social landscape. BUT I think a lot of the high school crap was because we were only just entering college and still hadn't gotten all that high school crap out of our systems.

Supporting this point, everyone settled down a lot during sophomore year... we all just hung out with whoever we wanted, we drank or we didn't drink, and no one really gave a crap anymore. My mindset certainly changed over time so that I was more focused on what made me happy than trying to be someone who was well-liked, and maybe I'm projecting somewhat, but I think most of the other people also underwent similar changes as college life progressed. And if things take longer to get to this point in your life, that doesn't mean it won't happen eventually. I definitely found that the less I gave a crap about my popularity, the more friends I actually made... and the friends I ended up making when I stopped giving a crap about my image turned out to be higher quality friends than some of my surface-y high school friends who I don't even talk to anymore (though I do still have a couple of HS friends who I still consider to be some of my closest friends... but that's only because we were always our true selves around each other).

So while popularity and stuff seems important in HS and can also seem important early in college, it eventually stops being such a huge deal. And in the real world, how popular you were in HS doesn't mean anything whatsoever. Just live in the moment, cherish the friendships you DO have, and you will have a wonderful experience no matter where you are on the social totem pole (HS, college, or otherwise)~

I was bullied so badly in school that I dropped out of high school due to depression and panic attacks surfacing every time I got near the school, but I got over it eventually. I still have bad self-esteem, but I think most humans are decent (all with their strengths and weaknesses) and a lot of the people who probably made my life hell back then have grown up and moved beyond that immature behaviour. And if they haven't then I feel really sorry for them, to be honest.

What helps is to be confident in yourself as a person, not define yourself by the hierarchy of your school, and not think yourself above anyone. Maybe other people are weird or don't fit in well either but that doesn't make them bad people, and if you learn to be tolerant they often are very honest friends. You even acknowledged this in your OP, that the people who detach themselves from that bullshit are respected. Loners get picked on, but there's a good chance you can find friends in other loners, as long as you don't consider yourself somehow different from them. At one school I attended I sat with all the other so-called rejects and the special ed kids and it was probably the closest I've had to a real friendship group, and one of those friends has been my good friend for ten years now.

Like I said, I have bad self-esteem, but I have a strong sense of who I am now, so even that bullying altered my life so heavily, I was able to get a sense of perspective a few years away from it all and move beyond it. I don't feel invalidated by them anymore, and I'm taking measures myself to build my social confidence back up again before fully immersing myself in university life. Remember there will always be bullies in life, but against a lot of them there may be ways of dealing with that or taking recourse or simply not giving a fuck. Five years after graduating it won't matter what high school clique you were in because you will have made friends in university and/or work, and hopefully other connections as well if you take initiative. And, yes, you should be yourself (although that's not an excuse to be a dick), because it's better to have friends who accept you and around whom you can be real than to be popular. And it's perfectly possible to have your cake and eat it too as far as that's concerned if you take care of your friendships.

Just remember, nerds will inherit the earth.

And for what it's worth I didn't really see it in high schools either. For what it's worth, I think that mentality and mindset is more abundant online, just think of how many cliques and such there are online now, how people latch on and follow the "famous" online personalities, even how people troll newbies to a forum.

Are you a freshman? I only ask because your thought processes sound a lot like the way mine were my freshman year of college.
No I am a second year (which is sophomore?).

I know you mean well, but I honestly cannot connect to what you said at all. I have non concept of any social totem pole outside of it being referenced by others. You see, I don't have friends, never really have (those people I mentioned as friends earlier weren't really friends but classmate acquaintances). I have no concerns or even a conceptualization of what it means to be on the "lower end of the totem pole" as you say. I have no reference point at which to see this by, so when you say "cherish the friendships you DO have" it doesn't mean anything to me.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have real friends, it seems like a rather relationship people have, I don't even know where to begin, every attempt to connect with people on a more personal level has always left me in pain.

In high school I was a super geek, a dancer, and an athlete.
As a geek, nobody liked me bc learning "came easy" for me.
As a dancer, I didn't really fit in bc I was usually the only guy.
As an athlete, I didn't get along with people bc I focused on fitness rather than goofing off with the team.
Lol I was probably the most well-knowned "unpopular" kid

I never really noticed a "totem pole." The people that decided to go to parties and make a lot of friends were the most popular bc they made a lot of friends, not bc they belonged to a certain social network.

There weren't really cliques at my high school, but there were a few popular people. People knew the football stars, the dance team captains, etc. I feel like the popular people were the ones who were involved in a lot of stuff.

I didn't consider myself popular, but I was pretty well-known within the music classes. (I did both orchestra and choir) I had a good amount of friends, mainly people I met through similar interests. I didn't really like hanging out with people outside of school, though. (I'm pretty introverted and I preferred to just stay home and play video games) I don't really hang out with people from high school anymore.

I did have a lot of high school drama and had friends suddenly hate me for no real reason. (one girl started hating me because I didn't like the Jonas Brothers) I was kind of hurt at the time, but looking back, it was no big deal since I actually have good friends now.

I had very little to no problems in school socially. I was a huge nerd in elementary, but so was everyone. We used to talk about Gold and Silver, and where all the legendaries were, and how to catch the Grass Bug. (Celebi) Pretty fun stuff. Elementary was really fun and no one was bullied or disliked until grade 6 and the last bit of grade 5 when hormones kicked in, but I still wasn't disliked or anything then. My interest in Pokemon dipped a little in my last year of elementary and first year of middle school, but it picked right back up in grade 8 with FR and LG and eventually Emerald. Me and my friends would bring our GameBoy's to school and battle and trade, all the fun stuff, pretty out in the open. I was pretty nerdy, but I was still moderately athletic (I played minor football around this time, I was good at that but I sucked at the traditional junior high sports, volleyball, basketball etc) which let me make junior teams and senior basketball in grade 9 as a passing point guard and apparently I was nice and kinda cute which even scored me the elusive girlfriend. I started playing WoW around this time too, but I was never addicted to it. I think the longest I ever went was 3 hours straight. WoW was dropped pretty quickly for CS. (gg money) Middle school was probably the most fun I've had. There was still groups, (I'm not gonna say cliques cause they were very accepting) and a lot if people identified or were stereotyped by their group, but I never really fell into one, which I quite enjoyed. Being friends with and knowing everyone made a tight knit group of people in our grade. Sucks that it didn't carry on into high school. So after leaving junior high I went to a school a lot of my peers chose not to (I don't know why, it's better academically and athletically) which left me kinda as a loner. Didn't help that my SC2 habits picked up too. I still tried out for the senior football team, but I only made juniors because I was too small (?) which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. (I live in Edmonton. We have a team in the CFL, the Eskimos, and our record breaking middle linebacker is 5"11. I was 5"10.) Anyways, I was bench warmer for the first couple games and then my teachers got pissed off I was watching film of the team we were facing, and I got kicked off the team for "Shrugging off your academic responsibilities." I actually got a positive backing from all the people in my grade who were just hearing about me and even people in the upper grades who refused to show up to the games. Should I have been watching film in class? No. Should they have kicked me off the team despite me maintaining an honours with distinction mark? (90's in all core subjects) No. It worked out for me though cause the coaches heard about me, I got some good friends and I got Grandmaster in SC2. I got taller and started working out someone thing besides my mouse hand which led to me making seniors and became the starting middle linebacker. And again, more people starting approaching me, and I didn't even know their name, but they knew mine. It was weird, I've never experienced something like that, but I'm never the person to be in the spotlight. Anyways, this year (last year of highschool) We won provincials and people started raving about our running back so I guess that took some attention away from me.

TL;DR: School was generally a pleasant experience for me and I have no clue why. I was nerdy and didn't like attention, but I guess I was cute and people liked me cause I was nice.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
be nice to everybody you meet, even when people do shitty things to you, shrug it and nice to them when you can be

if you go out of your way to do things for people, it will pay off in spades

it doesn't hurt to have a good sense of humor either

i was and am incredibly average all across the board and didn't fit in any group yet was friends or at least friendly with most every single person in school just by being nice to people when i could be and making people laugh. putting a smile on people's faces will go a long, long way

Honestly just having a group of friends is enough for me, it doesn't need to be a large group of friends just a group of friends that likes you for who you are. Having friends just to have friends is very superficial and doesn't create memories like real friends do. What I suggest is Be satisfied with the friends you have, and just be a nice guy

My school had a lot of the "popularity" shit going on, and the best way to avoid it, in my experience, is to just ignore it. I went through high school not giving two shits about who I met and interacted with and where they sat on the "social" pyramid. I had a lot of friends from many groups, and people really don't care who you're friends with if you don't. Don't be ashamed of what you like, or of yourself in general, because people are douches, and that's what they prey on. I know it might be difficult for a lot of people, but just be yourself. Try to have a good attitude about everyone, and don't take people's bullshit to heart.

Looking from my experiences most people who I still call friends that transitioned to college that were assholes in high school are generally laid back. High school brings out a shitty side in some people. All I can say is, keep chugging on, don't give up, and don't ever let some asshole make you feel down about yourself.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
I couldn't go back to high school even if you paid me.

I couldn't go back to middle school even if you paid me and you demolished the building and turned it into the Four Seasons.

I could go back to any prior year of college (senior right now)...but only if I had a group of close friends.

Popularity or lack thereof would not change any of these sentiments. Having close friends >>> being popular.

I never cared much about being popular in school, but I did have more friends than enemies.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)