Pokémon Pokébank changes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone claims that Sceptile can get Close Combat on GameFAQs...I'll look into that.
I'm inclined to doubt it, unless a whole bunch of other stuff suddenly got it as an Egg move, because in Generation V, nothing in either of Sceptile's Egg Groups could get Close Combat. Of course, HG/SS did this sort of thing for Bulbasaur to get Sludge as an Egg move...

Really hoping they fix it before going online again. Nobody cares if legal Pokemon get through, but Pokemon with impossible stats, moves, and HAs will absolutely destroy the interactive environment this gen introduced.

Back during the Diablo 2 days, Blizzard would periodically (rarely) run a sweep of the servers, which would detect hacked items and simply delete them. It was a poor solution, but it could clear out the worst hacks that got through the last couple days.
Said pokemon cannot be used online and nine times out of ten cannot be transfered.
Stop overreacting people, it's the same anti hack system in generation 5.

Ok, so apparently ANYTHING can get through! So, next question, if you send through a Contrary Serperior and breed it, the babies will have Contrary and the Blue Pentagon, so can they be used in Wi-Fi?
Said pokemon cannot be used online and nine times out of ten cannot be transfered.
Stop overreacting people, it's the same anti hack system in generation 5.
Considering contrary serperior weren't littering the gen 5 wi-fi landscape I'll guess no.

So basically, Anything can get through, but only legal things can be used in BS which uses a stricter hack checker a la gen 5? I'm fine with that, though some people might not be

Let's get back on topic. Sap Sipper Goodra and Petal Blizzard Meganium? How does that sound?
It's worth specifying that it doesn't seem like everything can get through. I'm pretty sure that things with impossible EVs/IVs/Stats wont get through, it probably trims out things with impossible abilities (like i don't know huge power rattatas or whatever) and moves (here kyurem have ice punch)

also hall of origin arceus, apparently.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Nintendo is clearly staffed by brilliant people who thought it was a good idea to release the most anticipated app for the biggest games on the 3DS around Christmas, where a lot of people would be receiving new consoles and handhelds.

On the topic of Petal Blizzard Meganium, I'm not inclined to use it over other physical, bulky Grass types. There is absolutely no way it can compete with Virizion, hands down. Torterra suffers from a speed disadvantage, but STAB EQ and Stone Edge make it scarier to switch into. I personally would rather give that teamslot to BU Gogoat. It suffers from 4mss, but it has staying power that Meganium does not.

Nintendo is clearly staffed by brilliant people who thought it was a good idea to release the most anticipated app for the biggest games on the 3DS around Christmas, where a lot of people would be receiving new consoles and handhelds.

On the topic of Petal Blizzard Meganium, I'm not inclined to use it over other physical, bulky Grass types. There is absolutely no way it can compete with Virizion, hands down. Torterra suffers from a speed disadvantage, but STAB EQ and Stone Edge make it scarier to switch into. I personally would rather give that teamslot to BU Gogoat. It suffers from 4mss, but it has staying power that Meganium does not.
Meganium boasts Aromatherapy, however, which would allow it to act both as a cleric in addition to attacking physically.

Though I'm not sure it's good enough.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Meganium boasts Aromatherapy, however, which would allow it to act both as a cleric in addition to attacking physically.

Though I'm not sure it's good enough.
It's not really effective and Meganium sorely needs Return to do any sort of damage to Flying types. If you want a cleric with offensive prowess, Shaymin is a better choice.

I have my own Grass Type-related questions that have gone unanswered or ignored:

-If I transfer my loveable Contrary Serperior from BW to XY (no weird stats/moveset), where won't I be able to use it?
-Can you SR the Celebi?
-Let's say I have a copy of X and a copy of Y, how many Celebis can I receive?
-Can I link both copies of X and Y to the same PokeBank account? (will that determine/limit how many Celebis I can get?)

I LOVE the Serperior love some people over here have! XD

People need to stop discussing Grassy Terrain. Period. There's like no reason to use it.

I don't know why they even made the Terrains in the first place.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have my own Grass Type-related questions that have gone unanswered or ignored:

-If I transfer my loveable Contrary Serperior from BW to XY (no weird stats/moveset), where won't I be able to use it?
-Can you SR the Celebi?
-Let's say I have a copy of X and a copy of Y, how many Celebis can I receive?
-Can I link both copies of X and Y to the same PokeBank account? (will that determine/limit how many Celebis I can get?)

I LOVE the Serperior love some people over here have! XD
-Battle Spot
-No, it keeps the IVs and Nature apparently, so no SR
-I don't know, but if you have 1 Bank account then 1, 2 then 2, 3 then 3, and so on
-Yeah, it's based off of some account thing (Club Nintendo?) (Yeah, might limit your Celebii's as I said before)

I don't have Pokebank, the information is all the stuff I gathered together from Serebii, GameFAQs, and here.

People need to stop discussing Grassy Terrain. Period. There's like no reason to use it.

I don't know why they even made the Terrains in the first place.
Something fast like Sceptile could use it and activate Grass Pelt on a partner Gogoat in Doubles and let it hit like a truck. I don't know, really, but Sceppy looks like the best user of GT because of speed

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
The Celebi from the HG/SS event are much better. The XY Celebi won't have Leaf Storm, Nasty Plot, Earth Power, Stealth Rock, or Trick....not to mention it likely won't have the advantage of flawless hidden powers. (And before you bitch at me for "but I don't have the event", there are plenty of legit ones available on Pokecheck.)

Thank you Wyvern56!

Guys keep in mind that Florges is also a user of the Terrain moves, using her will prevent the loss of two Grass types to a single Heat Wave.

Age of Kings, I never really messed around with Pokecheck, but I hope it's simple to use...

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Last edited:
"UPDATE #2: December 26th 8 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) — Nintendo Japan have announced that Pokémon Bank has been temporarily postponed due to the recent Nintendo Network connectivity issues we previously reported on. The western release is still scheduled to be released as previously announced."

http://www.nintendonews.com/2013/12...ice-issues-plague-north-america-europe-japan/
As much as I want this to be true, is this statement still accurate? Didn't news of Pokebank's release date being changed to TBD in Western countries came at 1:14 PM today (according to Serebii at least)?

"UPDATE #2: December 26th 8 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) — Nintendo Japan have announced that Pokémon Bank has been temporarily postponed due to the recent Nintendo Network connectivity issues we previously reported on. The western release is still scheduled to be released as previously announced."

http://www.nintendonews.com/2013/12...ice-issues-plague-north-america-europe-japan/
The last update was this morning
I am relatively sure people have gone into the e-shop since then and seen it listed as TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)