Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Shiny Charm's in-game description reads: "A shiny charm said to increase the chance of finding a Shiny Pokemon in the wild." It may not help with breeding.
Someone on serebii, rakurai i believe, said that the shiny charm's description is the same in japanese. Might just be a localization goof

Trying to figure out how to breed a Conkeldurr with Mach Punch, Drain Punch, and Wide Guard. Mach punch is only gotten through Hitmonchan or Infernape. Wide Guard can be gotten from Hitmonlee/top or Mienshao. Drain Punch can be gotten from Mienshao. So I can get two of the three on a Hitmon(something), and two of the three on Mienshao. The problem is Mienshao can't learn Mach punch, and between that and the Hitmons always being male I can't seem to figure it out. Is it possible, or am I going to have to choose?

Trying to figure out how to breed a Conkeldurr with Mach Punch, Drain Punch, and Wide Guard. Mach punch is only gotten through Hitmonchan or Infernape. Wide Guard can be gotten from Hitmonlee/top or Mienshao. Drain Punch can be gotten from Mienshao. So I can get two of the three on a Hitmon(something), and two of the three on Mienshao. The problem is Mienshao can't learn Mach punch, and between that and the Hitmons always being male I can't seem to figure it out. Is it possible, or am I going to have to choose?
If you're breeding in 6th gen:

Timburr(F) + Mienshao(M) with Drain Punch/Wide Guard = Timburr(F) with Drain Punch/Wide Guard.

Timburr(F) with Drain Punch/Wide Guard + Hitmonchan(M) with Mach Punch = Timburr with Drain Punch/Wide Guard/Mach Punch.

Easy.

If you're breeding before 6th gen, choose. In 6th gen female mons pass down egg moves now.

If you're breeding in 6th gen:

Timburr(F) + Mienshao(M) with Drain Punch/Wide Guard = Timburr(F) with Drain Punch/Wide Guard.

Timburr(F) with Drain Punch/Wide Guard + Hitmonchan(M) with Mach Punch = Timburr with Drain Punch/Wide Guard/Mach Punch.

Easy.

If you're breeding before 6th gen, choose. In 6th gen female mons pass down egg moves now.
Ahh, so it is impossible in 5th gen. Oh well, at least they made things easier in 6th gen.

If a wild Pokemon uses Fling in battle and you catch it, will it have lost its held item?

EDIT: Never mind, found the answer myself. It loses it. Sigh, waste of a perfectly good Black Sludge.

Last edited:
If a wild Pokemon uses Fling in battle and you catch it, will it have lost its held item?

EDIT: Never mind, found the answer myself. It loses it. Sigh, waste of a perfectly good Black Sludge.
For what it's worth, a Pokemon with the Pick Up can grab that off the ground.

It's obviously not much use to you at this point, and I'm sure the list of Pokemon that both use Fling and carry held items is pretty slim as far as wild Pokemon go, but there it is.

I'm assuming this is the right place since it's technically an in-game question.
Egg moves can now be remembered via move relearner, and so can event-only moves (like Happy Hour Inkay) according to Serebii.
Has anyone tested if this is the case for egg and tutor moves of Pokémon transferred via Pokébank?
Still asking this.

Example of what I mean: in gen5 an Eevee inherits Wish and is tutored Hyper Voice. Said Eevee is transferred to XY via Pokébank. If Wish and Hyper Voice are replaced, are they still available from the relearner?

Still asking this.

Example of what I mean: in gen5 an Eevee inherits Wish and is tutored Hyper Voice. Said Eevee is transferred to XY via Pokébank. If Wish and Hyper Voice are replaced, are they still available from the relearner?
I believe i saw someone post in the chatroom (#smogonwifi) that if the move is from a gen5 event, if you remove it, it doesn't get tutored by the relearner.

If you bring a Poke with 0 IV in every stat to the IV judge, what does the judge say? (Asking since I cannot be bothered to breed such a Poke)

Still asking this.

Wish should be relearnable, but I'm not positive how it's handled when the Pokemon came through the Transporter. Hyper Voice isn't relearnable.

If you bring a Poke with 0 IV in every stat to the IV judge, what does the judge say? (Asking since I cannot be bothered to breed such a Poke)
According to bulbapedia, he rates it as "decent stats," proceeds to point out all six stats as the Pokemon's highest, then points out all six stats as being terrible (as he normally does for a Pokemon with a zero IV in one or more stats).

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
In fact, it's still up in the blue whether or not tipping does anything apart from reduce the amount of money in your wallet. It's been nagging me since release day, but apparently nobody have arrived at a conclusive answer yet. Here's hoping that someone will find out one day.

When you breed a male pokemon with its hidden ability and a Ditto, what are the chances of the resulting baby having its hidden ability?

When you use encore on an opponent that used a move last turn but has selected a different move to use this turn, will they use the move used last turn, or will their turn end without using any move?

When you use encore on an opponent that used a move last turn but has selected a different move to use this turn, will they use the move used last turn, or will their turn end without using any move?
In BW2, they would use the move that it was forced to due to encore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)