Ultimate Alliance (First RMT)

Benghazi

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
MARVEL.jpg

Intro:

First off, I wanted to create a team that could be replicated in game by breeding and obtaining the Pokemon legitimately (basically no legendaries). BUT, with that being said, I have had great success with this team.

Screen shot 2013-12-30 at 8.43.40 PM.png

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THAT'S ME! I'm still climbing, but with the showdown servers down at the moment I'm using my time to make this RMT.
(Sorry for the random username, but I could not think of anything at the time)

The TEAM:

upload_2013-12-31_0-50-14.png
upload_2013-12-31_1-21-51.png
upload_2013-12-31_0-50-54.png
upload_2013-12-31_0-51-53.png
upload_2013-12-31_0-52-49.png
upload_2013-12-31_0-53-11.png

Alliance Build:

Wolverine (Lucario) (M) @Lucarionite
upload_2013-12-31_0-50-14.png

Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Ice Punch
-Bullet Punch

Summary: Outside of the Steel types that resist or wall Lucario's moves (Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Forretress) and Slowbro, Mega Lucario smacks everyone else. Gliscor and Dragonite can switch into obvious Ground type moves, while Tentacruel easily takes his Fighting or Fire type attacks. I enjoy using Swords Dance because the Jolly Nature and STAB Bullet Punch allow me to hit harder then most can handle. RIDE OR DIE BABY! (Although, if Dragonite is down, I do like to protect my buddy Lucario as he can change the momentum of a battle in a heartbeat.)

Hulk (Dragonite) (M) WeaKness Policy
upload_2013-12-31_1-21-51.png

Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Thunder Punch
-Roost

Summary: When Weaknite forces a switch and as long as Multiscale is intact, Dragonite can do some severe damage. Thunder Punch is used over Fire Punch for Slowbro, Togekiss, and Azumarill who have become very common lately. Magnezone easily takes care of the Steel type Pokemon and does it much more effectively (HP Fire). The trick to this set is to Dragon Dance and from there either Roost off the damage to restore Multiscale or to slap your opponent around. With one or two Dragon Dances, Dragonite will outspeed most Pokemon and can easily OHKO. If hit by a super effective attack, this is obviously no problem.
BEWARE: For WeakNite to work, hazards, status conditions, and Pokemon with Icicle Crash/Ice Shard need to be eliminated. If you see Cloyster, Mamoswine, Abomasnow, Weavile, or Jolteon (outspeeds a +2 Spe Dragonite and 2HKOs with HP Ice), DO NOT send Dragonite out. Don't f**kin' do it.

Cerebro (Tentacruel) (M) Black Sludge
upload_2013-12-31_0-50-54.png

Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Scald
-Protect

Summary: This is a pretty standard Tentacruel set. The only purpose he has for my team is as a Rapid Spinner. He also protects Gliscor, Sylveon, and Lucario nearly perfectly with his massive resistances. Gliscor and Tentacruel have great defensive synergy together, and they both spread toxic around like the plague.

Emma Frost (Sylveon) (F) Leftovers
upload_2013-12-31_0-51-53.png

Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
-Wish
-Protect
-Heal Bell
-Moonblast

Summary: Best wish passer in the game IMO. Sylveon packs a punch with Moonblast, heals statuses, and passes pretty solid wishes to my weak teammates. She's great against Dragons and attracts Steel types who can then be trapped and OHKO by Magnezone. The main reason I chose Sylveon was her good protection of Dragonite.

Magneto (Magnezone) Choice Specs
upload_2013-12-31_0-52-49.png

Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Flash Cannon
-Volt Switch
-Signal Beam
-Hidden Power (Fire)

Summary: Magnezone is here for trapping and deleting Steel types from the battle. Lucario and Dragonite both appreciate Steel types gone. Like I said with Sylveon, she attracts Steel types. Genesect loves switching in on Sylveon who I just throw out a Protect when he uses Iron Head, and then switch to Magnezone and OHKO. They rage so hard! I chose Signal Beam over Thunderbolt just in case of Gastrodon or Quagsire. I gave Dragonite Thunder Punch also (he does great against Water types), so I needed a Grass type coverage.

Valkyrie (Gliscor) (F) Toxic Orb
upload_2013-12-31_0-53-11.png

Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
-Toxic
-Substitute
-Protect
-Earthquake

Summary: Such a beast! (I've said that about all of them probably) Gliscor spreads Toxic like Tentacruel and walls premiere offensive threats. Threats to Gliscor contain priority Ice type moves, faster Ice Pokemon, and Air Balloon Excadrill (Stalemate). Gliscor completes my defensive core.

That's the team. I'll do a full threat list later when I get the chance. Just a few Pokemon I have faced that gave me trouble, but I did beat them.

Mamoswine: This pig hits all of my team hard, but I hit him hard back. I try to poison it and stall him out the best I can, but Lucario can OHKO if I get him in cleanly.

Slowbro and Cloyster: This was my one loss, but I changed Fire Punch to Thunder Punch on Dragonite and neither have been a problem since. Slowbro has been ever so common, but I've beaten him twice.

I do lack entry hazards (besides Toxic Spikes), but I spread poison very well. With Tentacruel, the playing field is kept equal with Rapid Spin.

I have a severe Ground and Ice weakness, but I have overcome them with timely switching and great offensive strength.

My general strategy is to start with either Lucario or Dragonite. It's odd to see it, but most people are so obsessed with setting up entry hazards that I can boost and sweep like crazy. When I start with Dragonite, I always Dragon Dance and sometimes they will switch into a Pokemon that activates Weakness Policy and boy does it suck to be them.

Some replays: (I'll post more)
I forgot to save my early battles, but I got my later two.
upload_2013-12-31_11-45-10.png

upload_2013-12-31_11-45-34.png

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-73835893

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-73839013

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-73842049

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-73849758

So I hope you like it! Apologies in advance for grammatical errors. I'd love the feed back!

Last edited:
Liquid Ooze over Rain Dish on Tentacruel. You'll be able to switch in on Leech Seed if you predict it and it DECIMATES your opponent an Liquid Ooze is rather unexpected on Tentacruel.

Benghazi

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Liquid Ooze over Rain Dish on Tentacruel. You'll be able to switch in on Leech Seed if you predict it and it DECIMATES your opponent an Liquid Ooze is rather unexpected on Tentacruel.
Wow thanks man! Leech seed is soo annoying. Sometimes I have trouble with Mega Venusaur because no one hits him hard, but Sylveon and Gliscor can out stall him. This should really help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)