The Revenge Of Whimsicott

THE REVENGE OF WHIMSICOTT

At A Glance

Hello and welcome to my first RMT of the 6th generation. Since I could not get the game until a month after it came out, it gave me the chance to look and see what other people are doing. Well, now I have the game and after playing through it, I have decided it is time to make my first team of the 6th Gen.
So, I hope you guys enjoy!

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
252 SpAtk/HP, 4 SpDef
Timid Nature
-Taunt
-Substitute
-Giga Drain
-Leech Seed

Ok, so here is Whimsicott, the main man of the team. While looking at other teams, I noticed that Stall and Setup seems to be making a comeback and is currently a major factor. So, the first thing that came to mind was that Taunt is a must with all the Smeargle running around. Then, I wanted to make sure that Taunt is going off before anything else happens. That brought me to Prankster and since Whimsicott is the fastest Prankster user, I chose him. Taunt being the first move is obvious, as previously explained in the beginning portion of why I chose Whimsicott. Then, I really like SubSeeding with him and I find it to be extremely annoying. Therefore, I had Substitute and Leech Seed as another two moves. Lastly, I chose Giga Drain to help with the stalling. In one battle, I actually stalled out a Scizor with Whimsicott. Usually, somebody will lead with a setup mon and I lead with Whimsicott. I use Taunt and then they can not do anything. Then, since they are forced to switch, I set up a free Substitute and then the next turn, use Leech Seed. If the Sub is not broken yet, I just continue to spam Giga Drain. If it was broken, I just keep using it.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
252 Atk/Speed, 4 HP
Adamant Nature
-Fly
-Brave Bird
-U-Turn
-Flare Blitz

Since this idea of this team was made Pre-Blaziken ban, Talonflame was my way to kill it. STAB Gale Wings Brave Bird was an easy kill on Blaziken. Then, since the ban, I just decided to keep Talonflame as he is still very good at revenge killing. Also, since a major weakness of his is Rocks, he fits well with Whimsicott as Whimsicott is supposed to keep them off the field. I have 2 Flying STAB moves on him. Brave Bird being the major one. I use this to completely destroy something while I use Fly when I can get the kill without needing to get a ton of recoil damage. U-Turn is good for scouting. Lastly, Flare Blitz is for the fire STAB. I am not a fan of this set and when(if) flying gem becomes available, this set will change to an acrobatics set due to the fact that I do not like having so much recoil damage.

Greninja @ Life Orb
252 SpAtk/Speed, 4 HP
Timid Nature
-Dark Pulse
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Extrasensory

Before I begin, let us take a second to realize how much a bad ass this thing is. After I found out that this was the final form of Froakie, it was love at first sight. Then, I find out it can get Protean and I was now like, this thing is going on any team I make this gen. Greninja has everything I can want in a pokemon. Water typing which is my favorite, great speed, and an amazing ability. STAB on every move? That is insane and it also helps make up for the meh Special Attack it has. First off, I want to say that oddly enough, I actually passed on having priority on him. He has his own signature priority move but it just was not appealing to me. For my water STAB, I decided to go with Surf as the lower accuracy on Hydro Pump makes me not want to use it. Then, a general rule for me, if it can learn Dark Pulse, it will have it. Dark Pulse is just one of those moves that I love and will put on anything and everything that can get it. Then lastly, I choose Ice Beam and Extrasensory for my last moves. Really anything could go into those slots, it gets STAB on it anyway. I found those two to be the most useful and the ones I would want to use.

Heracross @ Heracronite
252 Atk/Speed, 4 HP
Adamant Nature
-Rock Blast
-Pin Missile
-Close Combat
-Bullet Seed

Although initially not liking the look of Mega Heracross, I found myself to like it. Also, since Heracross was the first thing I IV bred this gen, that sealed the fact that it would end up on my first team. First off, a base 185 Attack stat is insane. Coupled with the relatively good defenses, it threatens a lot. Also, I took advantage of it having Skill Link as I found it to be very useful. The three moves that take advantage of Skill Link are as follows. Rock Blast to cover and destroy any flying types that come in. Pin Missile for the bug STAB. Then, I chose Bullet Seed cause why not, right? Then, for the fighting STAB, I chose Close Combat as Arm Thrust would still be weaker even with Skill Link. So, the main objective on Heracross is to get a kill with Moxie before it Mega Evolves because if it does, that just launches up the already insane Attack Mega Hera has. Another Mega I tried was Aggron but I just liked having Heracross more.

Goodra @ Rocky Helmet
252 Def/HP, 4 SpDef
Bold Nature
-Acid Armor
-Dragon Pulse
-Toxic
-Sludge Wave

How I decided to get Goodra on my team. Pre game release...."HOLY SH!T, GOOMY LOOKS SO AWESOME." Thus the bond was born between my Goomy and I was born. I know this set looks strange but hear me out. So my thinking was, if everybody is going to target his Defense cause his Special Defense is amazing, I am going to make them pay for that. So, with Rocky Helmet and Gooey, this thing becomes a force to be reckoned with. Then, having Acid Armor to buff up a little, Goodra becomes and very good and unexpected wall. Nature and EVs are meant to maximize Defense so that it can take some hits before it can use Acid Armor. The only downside is that I have no recovery but as of yet, I have not found that as being an issue. So, Acid Armor to buff up and then Toxic to help stall out. Dragon Pulse is for a Dragon STAB. Then, Sludge Wave to help murder those annoying fairies.

Sylveon @ Assault Vest
252 HP, 196 Def, 60 SpDef
Modest Nature
-Quick Attack
-Moonblast
-Shadow Ball
-Psyshock

To be honest, I kind of hate Sylveon but ya know, new Eevee form so I decided to take it for a spin. This slot is one that I could really use some help on. I am currently using Sylveon and it is meh. I do not hate it but I do not really want to have it on the team. The set I chose was a bulky fighter. Therefore, the EVs are to buff Defense and Special Defense, not Special Attack and Speed. Assault Vest is to help boost Special Defense even a little more. Then, Moonblast is the fairy STAB move. Shadow Ball just cause I like it. Psyshock because it can target the opponents Defense. Then, Quick Attack to somewhat revenge kill. Not much I have to say about Sylveon except that I would prefer something else.

Closing Notes

So that is the team, I hope you like it! The one major thing I want is to stop Scizor. That thing is always a pain in the ass and expecially now it has a Mega Evo. I am possibly thinking of maybe adding Heatran in place of Sylveon but I am not a major fan of Heatran. Well, anything you can add or any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Le Import
Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Fly
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat

Goodra @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Acid Armor
- Dragon Pulse
- Toxic
- Sludge Wave

Sylveon (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 60 SDef / 252 HP / 196 Def
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Quick Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

Bump. Guys, there has to be something else. If you think it is fine the way it is, tell me. If nobody answers, I can not just assume everything is perfect(which I know it is not).

I would still run arm thrust cause heracross cant afford lowering his defenses due to a bad speed stat.

I wouldnt run fly on talonflame.
I wouldnt run giga drain on whimsicott.

Your goodra set looks good, and i guess it probably works well.
Sylveon looks pretty bad, maybe you could run belly drum azumarill? If someone uses outrage, you win the game :)

I guess the set would be:
Belly drum
Aqua jet
Play rough
Coverage move

I would still run arm thrust cause heracross cant afford lowering his defenses due to a bad speed stat.

I wouldnt run fly on talonflame.
I wouldnt run giga drain on whimsicott.

Your goodra set looks good, and i guess it probably works well.
Sylveon looks pretty bad, maybe you could run belly drum azumarill? If someone uses outrage, you win the game :)

I guess the set would be:
Belly drum
Aqua jet
Play rough
Coverage move
Ok, I was not sure if I should use Arm Thrust. I just realized though that it can still help me break through Sturdy. The more and more I play, I am starting to like Talonflame less and less. Not sure what I am going to put into that place yet. Also, what would you then run on Whimsicott instead of Giga Drain. I just did not want it to get stuck not being able to do a move. Ah yes, Belly Jet Azumarill. I have heard great things about it.

I'd replace fly on talonflame for steel wing for pesky rock types walling it.
As for a replacement of Sylveon, I suggest putting a hippowdon because most of the team is lacking in defense. Relying on Goodra to get an acid armor up to take physical hits is not a good idea, and Mega Heracross should be used more to take out pokemon instead of taking hits to switch into (Hippowdon can be used a mixed wall too).
Everything else looks fine to me

The role you're forcing sylveon into isn't exactly its best possible use. Sylve is definitely a cleric, with access to wish and heal bell and a great hp stat for wishpassing. I would recommend a set like this:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect

However, if you want something to serve the role of a bulky special attacker, then try out latias, reuniclus, rotom-w, rotom-h, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)