3v3 Singles Metagame Discussion Thread

pretty sick of seeing mega kangaskhan getting used everywhere, it really does just need to be banned from this meta like it was from ou

lol...megakhan is so easy to stop. seriously. just use any ghost, fast fighting type or rocky helmet user and you'll be ok.

Garchomp on 3v3 is pretty ridiculous.
It's probably one of the pokemons that I see EVERYWHERE, along with talon flame and mega khan.

Since many people abuse evasion on the battle spot, I would really like to breed me a good Haze user. Remember haze? Suggestions? I was thinking of good ol' weezing, so it can explode if things go awry, and will resist that goddamn clefable's moonblast.

Since many people abuse evasion on the battle spot, I would really like to breed me a good Haze user. Remember haze? Suggestions? I was thinking of good ol' weezing, so it can explode if things go awry, and will resist that goddamn clefable's moonblast.
Whirlwind on Mandibuzz works like a charm. It now ignores subs and accuracy/evasion. If it's their last mon and they are just stalling, she can run out the clock on ANY evasion staller with ease. I run her with Foul Play/Whirlwind/Taunt/Roost (somtimes I drop Whirlwind for Knock Off).

EDIT: SFUG-WWWW-WWW4-5UW2

This is the replay of the fight that made me get Mandibuzz back on my team. I won, but in the most jerk way possible. Once the evasion started, I started time stalling because it was the only option I had. Although it's only 40 rounds, this match lasted 29 and a half minutes. the opponent paniced at the last 30 seconds and switched, then gave up.

If you don't have Phazing, this is almost the only way to stop it short of never-miss moves.

Last edited:
Garchomp on 3v3 is pretty ridiculous.
It's probably one of the pokemons that I see EVERYWHERE, along with talon flame and mega khan.
Is garchomp actually THAT good?
I saw some people saying how garchomp is a top 5 threat on battle spot.
Once Terrakion and poke bank comes out, you think garchomp will remain to be THIS good?

Is garchomp actually THAT good?
I saw some people saying how garchomp is a top 5 threat on battle spot.
Once Terrakion and poke bank comes out, you think garchomp will remain to be THIS good?
It's really that good.
I'd say i's a top 5 pokemon along with Mega Venu, Mega Mom, Aegi, and Talonflame.
I don't see garchomp falling from grace after the poke bank.
I could see Terrakion being a very high tier pokemon but with tons of priority that's strong against terrak,
I'd say garchomp will sill be a top 5 threat.

I got a Jolly, decent Iv's terrakion (not hacked) and he is not that great, tryed choice scarf, swords dance, and focus sash and he was "meh" i also used to think garchomp was the sh!t but nowdays he doesnt seem to work really well, i have seen alot of diferent pokemon from pokebank and that shaked the meta alot, now about everyone has a mega kangaskan counter so she isn't really that great either, sure she sweeps entire teams under good conditions but that doesnt hapen really often now, if you get sweeped by mega mom rest asured that player wont have alot of wins with that.

i'll try another variant of dual screens now that i got a timid decent Ev's Latias (not hacked) right now im breeding a Megaheracross to see how good he does.

Also if you want to win, thats simple really and i think by now averyone knows what to use: rotom-W, talonflame, megavenusaur, gengar, and other 2 "high" tier pokemon and you'll get to 1800+ easily (i did just to test) but that doesnt have merit (for me), i'd ratter make a good team thats not cookie cutter and win with that.

Last edited:
I am testing this pokemon, and he proved me he's good. He has to compete with rotom-w for the Specs spot, though.

I am using Stunfisk this way:

Stunfisk @ Choice Specs
Static
Modest Nature
252 HP / 4 def / 252 Sp Attack

~Discharge
~Earth Power
~Scald
~Sleep Talk

Although it has subpar attacking stats, Stunfisk has some great assets I want to point out:

1. It is sexy
2. It is often neglected, and surprises everyone.
3. It cockblocks Talonflame every damn time. Watch out for Flare Blitz, though.
4. It stands against non-specs Noivern and 2hko it w/ discharge.
5. Stunfisk's typing is both a blessing and a curse. It dislikes surf and earthquake, but it cannot be paralyzed, and it resists stealth rock and stone edge.
6. Static on this pokemon is damn awesome, because of its good HP and average defenses. It can frustrate Mega-Kangaskhans without Earthquake. A more defensive version of this pokemon running leftovers or rocky helmet can work against M-Kanga as well.
7. 109 base HP. (Have I mentioned it before?). At full health, it can survive most nonboosted Earthquakes, Surfs, HydroPumps, even those with stab.
8. Works wonders with Trick Room support.
9. It dents Aegislash, potentially ohkoing him back w/ Earth Power.
10. What's more? It smiles when electrocuting stuff.
11. Able to use Stealth Rock.

Last edited:
I am testing this pokemon, and he proved me he's good. He has to compete with rotom-w for the Specs spot, though.

I am using Stunfisk this way:

Stunfisk @ Choice Specs
Static
Modest Nature
252 HP / 4 def / 252 Sp Attack

~Discharge
~Earth Power
~Scald
~Sleep Talk

Although it has subpar attacking stats, Stunfisk has some great assets I want to point out:

1. It is sexy
2. It is often neglected, and surprises everyone.
3. It cockblocks Talonflame every damn time. Watch out for Flare Blitz, though.
4. It stands against non-specs Noivern and 2hko it w/ discharge.
5. Stunfisk's typing is both a blessing and a curse. It dislikes surf and earthquake, but it cannot be paralyzed, and it resists stealth rock and stone edge.
6. Static on this pokemon is damn awesome, because of its good HP and average defenses. It can frustrate Mega-Kangaskhans without Earthquake. A more defensive version of this pokemon running leftovers or rocky helmet can work against M-Kanga as well.
7. 109 base HP. (Have I mentioned it before?). At full health, it can survive most nonboosted Earthquakes, Surfs, HydroPumps, even those with stab.
8. Works wonders with Trick Room support.
9. It dents Aegislash, potentially ohkoing him back w/ Earth Power.
10. What's more? It smiles when electrocuting stuff.
11. Able to use Stealth Rock.
Why Sleep Talk? Typo?

Ratings battles are pretty shit now and i've almost completely lost interest :/
every team is mega kangascunt/mega venusaur, thundurus, heatran, garchomp, + 2 wild cards and its boring as hell ;-;

I climaxed at a 1758 rating with a team of hydreigon, Mega mawile, Rotom-h, jellicent, ferrothorn, and garchomp

was 5th gen ratings mode this awful and stale?

I don't know but I find the rated singles REALLLLLLYYYY stale.
All I see are: mega Khan, Garchomp, Talonflame, Aegislash, Rotom-W...at least every other game.

Last edited:
It's pointless to even participate when all of Japan has the pokebank and we don't. Great job, Nintendo.
Eh, I have Pokebank and even have legendaries and even I'm not touching the BS until Nintendo fixes their Pokebank crap.

It's just not really worth it right now.

Has pokebank been rereleased? I thought they shut it down after the initial server fiasco (and maybe to improve hack checks. Will I ever learn?).

Just echoing unhappiness here, as there's nothing but Japanese players using full shiny teams with Terrakion, Heatran, and Seismic Toss/Wish M-Kanga now. It's very boring and not entertaining at all anymore. It's a shame because the game was a ton of fun until 12/25 with the exception of M-Kanga. People were active in lots of communities with trading an breeding, everyone worked hard for their teams (and it wasn't so tedious that it would prevent you from working towards a perfect team), whereas now everyone is just hacking in old games and xfering to X and Y. I'm not some huge anti-hacking advocate and will probably do it myself, but a lot of the magic seemed to instantly disappear.

I'm really hoping next gen is separated with everything obtainable within one world and a fantastic in-game trading system (think an mmo auction house). It's doubtful with Nintendo probably wanting people to "keep old favorites" or some sort, but I can dream.

I've found doubles and triples to be really entertaining though, so if you're annoyed by singles (pretty much everyone is it seems) it's a great meta and could use more attention. There's just so much more variety and interesting strategies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)