Genesect+Lati@s+Terrakion Austin's IV, Shiny, HP Trade (24 HP, 128 Shiny, 210 Diff. 5IV/HP/Legends)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinJ

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
i can prob to 2:1 u never asked tbh XD
2 for 1 doesnt entice me that much either, plus, regular shinies cant really compare to shiny legends, besides im pretty content with my current stock of shinies. ill let you know if i change my mind

Genesect [JAP]-Level 100 OT:Kanji Name, not sure how to write
Cherish Ball
Hasty
31/31/31/31/31/31
Ability: Download

Anything you want ofr this?

Interested in your Event Entei. Was there a specific 5 IV Pokemon that you wanted bred? I should be able to breed almost anything that you need.

I also have a perfect modest Heatran if you are interested in that.

AustinJ

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Interested in your Event Entei. Was there a specific 5 IV Pokemon that you wanted bred? I should be able to breed almost anything that you need.

I also have a perfect modest Heatran if you are interested in that.
no thanks sorry

Oh, okay. I also recently obtained a perfect Jolly Landorus and a perfect Timid shiny Thundurus (neither with HP Ice, unfortunately) if you'd be interested in either of them.

AustinJ

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Oh, okay. I also recently obtained a perfect Jolly Landorus and a perfect Timid shiny Thundurus (neither with HP Ice, unfortunately) if you'd be interested in either of them.
I have a hp ice thundurus shiny. Just havent updated thread :). If you can convince me and explain to me a competitive set used on a jolly lando, then I will accept

From the BW analysis pages, there's Landorus-I's good old Sand Force set, which (usually) double-dances with EdgeQuake for coverage. It's not as popular as the Sheer Force set, since Sand Force requires support, but it hits like a truck even unboosted, given its higher Attack stat and Earthquake and Stone Edge's higher base powers than Earth Power and Rock Slide's, and it's more than capable of decimating an opponent's team even with the nerf to weather. There's also Landorus-T's Choice Scarf and Gravity sets, which list Jolly as a secondary slash based on whether you're running HP Ice or not. In general, a LOT of Landorus's-T's sets run Naive simply because of HP Ice, and Jolly would be preferable in all other circumstances.

In general, I'd argue that HP Ice isn't at all necessary this gen, given the nerf to Hidden Power. On a 4x effective hit, it now has 240 effective base power, not very far removed from a 2x effective Stone Edge's 200 base power. For example:

252 SpA Life Orb Landorus Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 317-374 (97.8 - 115.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Landorus Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Dragonite: 289-341 (89.1 - 105.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

That's with maximum Special Attack investment, which you generally wouldn't do outside of a Sheer Force set. Therefore, the only real use for HP Ice is hitting Gliscor and other Landorus (and Garchomp I suppose, though you're not OHKOing him without significant Special Attack investment anyways), and I don't think that's worth an entire moveslot.

So basically, to sum things up, I think a Jolly nature is arguably the best nature (though oftentimes interchangeable with Adamant) for most of Landorus-T's sets, as well as most of Landorus-I's Sand Force sets, since they only ever ran Naive for HP Ice (and Grass Knot in Ubers, but yeah), which I don't think is at all necessary anymore.

Last edited:

AustinJ

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
From the BW analysis pages, there's Landorus-I's good old Sand Force set, which (usually) double-dances with EdgeQuake for coverage. It's not as popular as the Sheer Force set, since Sand Force requires support, but it hits like a truck even unboosted, given its higher Attack stat and Earthquake and Stone Edge's higher base powers than Earth Power and Rock Slide's, and it's more than capable of decimating an opponent's team even with the nerf to weather. There's also Landorus-T's Choice Scarf and Gravity sets, which list Jolly as a secondary slash based on whether you're running HP Ice or not. In general, a LOT of Landorus's-T's sets run Naive simply because of HP Ice, and Jolly would be preferable in all other circumstances.

In general, I'd argue that HP Ice isn't at all necessary this gen, given the nerf to Hidden Power. On a 4x effective hit, it now has 240 effective base power, not very far removed from a 2x effective Stone Edge's 200 base power. For example:

252 SpA Life Orb Landorus Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 317-374 (97.8 - 115.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Landorus Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Dragonite: 289-341 (89.1 - 105.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Of course, if Sand Force is active, all bets are off:) That basically leaves Gliscor and other Landorus as threats that you don't already cover, and I don't think they're worth using up a moveslot for.

So basically, to sum things up, I think a Jolly nature is arguably the best nature for most of Landorus-T's sets, as well as most of Landorus-I's Sand Force sets, since they only ever ran Naive for HP Ice (and Grass Knot in Ubers, but yeah), which I don't think is at all necessary anymore.
You convinced me, offer accepted. I'll notify you when it's ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)