Other Good Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
choice scarf with rapid spin? that kinda.. ruined a momentum
Not really if I want to rapid spin they would usually bting something in that drill dint want to deal with anyway so I can just spin and switch out. That being said I hardly use it because my team foesnt mind SR except for vivs but she is a suicide lead. The scarf is important for excadrill because of rotoms and gengars as well as other scarfers taht think I am a standard drill

Maybe Aggron or Steelix if you're trying RU?
Aggron crossed my mind, though Steelix works better. Still, it seems like Parasect would be pretty outclassed by RU mons (though I've never tried him, I'm just judging by stats, movepool and ability). Worth testing out as a core though.

Here's an offensive core I'm currently using:

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Pain Split
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- SolarBeam
- Dragon Pulse

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Focus Blast

Ninetales brings the sun, and the defense EVs take people by surprise; if you have defog support, it's almost guaranteed to bring the sun at least twice. Charizard-Y hits very hard, has great coverage and EQ obliterates Heatran. V-create will break pretty much any wall in the sun (e.g. 252+ Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 799-942 (113.4 - 133.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO; which I find surprising as most non-STAB SE hits fail to take out Chansey), and Victini is usually good to take a hit. With the V-create drop, switch back to one of the sun bringers (or better, a pivot) and then bring it back out to OHKO something else.

Obviously this trio is in no way perfect or balanced, but it can hit horrendously hard.

Here's an offensive core I'm currently using:

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Pain Split
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- SolarBeam
- Dragon Pulse

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Focus Blast

Ninetales brings the sun, and the defense EVs take people by surprise; if you have defog support, it's almost guaranteed to bring the sun at least twice. Charizard-Y hits very hard, has great coverage and EQ obliterates Heatran. V-create will break pretty much any wall in the sun (e.g. 252+ Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 799-942 (113.4 - 133.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO; which I find surprising as most non-STAB SE hits fail to take out Chansey), and Victini is usually good to take a hit. With the V-create drop, switch back to one of the sun bringers (or better, a pivot) and then bring it back out to OHKO something else.

Obviously this trio is in no way perfect or balanced, but it can hit horrendously hard.
This isnt even really a core TBH, I mean they dont handle switching in very well amongst each other, they arent very dynamic. I mean yeah obviously a sun boosted banded v=create hits hard but that is not the point of a core. This also isnt very new as the only difference is charizard-y which is basically the same just hits harder.

I dont know why im being critical but this just doesnt seem to fit here.

Here is a pretty powerful, fast offensive pair:

Lucario (M) @ Lucarionite
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Mega-Lucario with Crunch hates bulky-ground types, especially Landorus-T. Physical Dragon-types that use Draco Meteor make excellent lures to bulky ground types because they have decently high special attack stats and Draco Meteor has solid power behind it for a luring move. Compare a 130 base power STAB Draco Meteor to an un-STAB'ed 60 base power Hidden Power. Draco Meteor's advantage is that, even if you make a mistake and ruin the surprise, you can still make a hefty dent, if not a OHKO, on something.

In this case, I chose Salamence. Salamence offers the heftiness Draco Meteor out of the mixed-physical Dragon bunch (ChainChomp, Dragonite, and Salamence). In addition, Salamence and Lucario have resistances on most of each other's weaknesses (Luke: Ice, Dragon, and Rock Salamence: Ground, Fighting, and Fire). Unlike Dragonite, I do not sacrifice much offensive presence since Salamence has decent speed at neutral base 100 and Salamence has Moxie to continue very strong attacking even after using Draco Meteor.

Lucario in turn can annihilate any Steel-types that Salamence may have missed / have to play around, take chunks out of most defensive pokes with an Adaptbility Close Combat, and it can take out Fairies with a boosted Bullet Punch. Lucario shouldn't come out though until Salamence has torn chunks out of the opponents team (unless it can get an easy Knock Off bost :] ). While the analysis says otherwise, MixedMence I believe still remains a powerful option for wall-breaking / chunk tearing because:

1, Fairy-typed Pokemon have not as a whole had a large presence on the metagame. The only one that causes trouble for Salamence's current moveset that is present on a large amount of teams is Azumarill. Togekiss you see once in a while, but not much.
2. Bulky Ground-types are popular pivots right now on teams because of Aegislash. Salamence is able to lure in these targets easily and take them out. Also gets the nod for taking out Rotom-W.
3. Unlike most lures, Salamence's luring move (Draco Meteor) actually causes pain on the opponent even when you mispredict. The same can not be said for Expert Belted Hidden Powers or un-STAB'ed coverage moves like Grass Knot or Superpower.

Last edited:
This isnt even really a core TBH, I mean they dont handle switching in very well amongst each other, they arent very dynamic. I mean yeah obviously a sun boosted banded v=create hits hard but that is not the point of a core. This also isnt very new as the only difference is charizard-y which is basically the same just hits harder.

I agree with you, though to be fair, a core doesn't necessarily have to consist of Pokemon that can switch in well vs. each others counters/amongst each other. That may ring true for more defensive cores. Offensive cores, though, typically rely on stacking attackers and/or from one side of the spectrum to overwhelm the opponent's physical or special wall(s). Type synergy matters less in those cores and those same cores form the backbone of Hyper Offense; at least traditionally they have.

A trio of wallbreakers isn't techincally an offensive core. An offensive core is two or more mons that can either sweep themselves or let their teammate sweep. That sun combo is too slow to do any sort of sweeping, and is quite honestly too weak to Rock to make a good combo. Salamence+Lucario, on the other hand, is a very nice offensive core.

Also we should ban the use of the word "spectrum" in any Pokemon-related discussion on Smogon. It's not a spectrum because there's only two values and no range.

When do you get to decide what the point of a core is? While I don't think its necessarily good in other ways (waaay too much similar typing, SR weaknesses, etc), Jojobobo says the point of the core is to punch holes and bring sun, and it clearly can do that, so I'd consider it a useful core (though it does need some tweaking, see below).

Imo I'd drop Ninetales altogether, three Fire types on one team is a lot of Fire types and while bulky Ninetales would be a good sun setter in most cases, it brings nothing to the core defensively and kinda fails in that regard. I'd replace it with a manual sun setter, one that brings different typing to the table and is generally more useful.

When do you get to decide what the point of a core is? While I don't think its necessarily good in other ways (waaay too much similar typing, SR weaknesses, etc), Jojobobo says the point of the core is to punch holes and bring sun, and it clearly can do that, so I'd consider it a useful core (though it does need some tweaking, see below).

Imo I'd drop Ninetales altogether, three Fire types on one team is a lot of Fire types and while bulky Ninetales would be a good sun setter in most cases, it brings nothing to the core defensively and kinda fails in that regard. I'd replace it with a manual sun setter, one that brings different typing to the table and is generally more useful.
I may have chosen my words poorly, I was trying to be easy saying maybe that type of "core" isnt was this thread was meant for. But what I shouldve have just said was that the core is bad, I mean this isnt a mono type core thread, why would you have three fire types as your new "core" it just doesnt make sense and isnt new because last I checked a sun team core with charizard victini and ninetales isnt new.

Im done with my snarky sarcastic rant. No ill will towards anyone but I just dont know how to choose my words as made apparent by my posts.

I may have chosen my words poorly, I was trying to be easy saying maybe that type of "core" isnt was this thread was meant for. But what I shouldve have just said was that the core is bad, I mean this isnt a mono type core thread, why would you have three fire types as your new "core" it just doesnt make sense and isnt new because last I checked a sun team core with charizard victini and ninetales isnt new.

Im done with my snarky sarcastic rant. No ill will towards anyone but I just dont know how to choose my words as made apparent by my posts.
Fair enough, I have the same issues with trying to get my words out properly (my two sentense response to you took a full five minutes for me to write out, hahaha), so I get that.

Anyways, the point is really just to blast away with sun boosted fire attacks and put pressure on resists, and with that kind of firepower you're likely to just blow straight through them. There's not really any defensive synergy involved, just pure firepower.

A trio of wallbreakers isn't techincally an offensive core. An offensive core is two or more mons that can either sweep themselves or let their teammate sweep. That sun combo is too slow to do any sort of sweeping, and is quite honestly too weak to Rock to make a good combo. Salamence+Lucario, on the other hand, is a very nice offensive core.
I'm not a huge fan of semantics, especially when that's the basis of someones argument. No they aren't all sweepers, but Charizard-Y can certainly sweep with its decent special bulk and Victini can clean late game too. Yes the set is weak to rock, but that is why I'd have a defogger in toe - but I'd imagine that'd be the case for any fire team these days. Really with the amount of WoW going around, there's a lot to be said for having pokemon that aren't weak to it and don't have to switch out when Sableye rears its ugly head.

Anyways, the point is really just to blast away with sun boosted fire attacks and put pressure on resists, and with that kind of firepower you're likely to just blow straight through them. There's not really any defensive synergy involved, just pure firepower.
I'm glad someone can see what I was getting at - this is all about the pure firepower. Rather than putting these on a team where every mon must be conserved at all costs, here they can all be considered expendable to an extent (which is why I don't worry overly about shared weaknesses) and yet they all apply large amounts of pressure. In regards to swapping out Ninetales for something, I'm loathe to as it's actually very consistent when you play it - it's a lot of fun to annoy physical sweepers with.

Concerning MegaScizor saying I'm not reinventing the wheel with this core - sure that's a valid point, but only to an extent. Ninetales is pretty tricky to make viable now, this core attempts that rectify that. Sun based teams are something that needs to regain attention; in this meta they are especially useful by being immune to the manifold WoW users running around (and being pretty status neutral, paralysis may injure one member of the team but the returning hit will usually OHKO), being able to deal with annoyances like SwagKey easily and they're very hard to wall - as unlike rain teams they have hard hitting physical moves (Waterfall just isn't good enough) and the attack scores to back them up.

Honestly, I can't be bothered to argue back and forth over this core for ages. A point I initially made about the core was that it is "in no way perfect or balanced", reiterating that point to the person who first made it achieves nothing.

here's an amazingly lazy one that i've been using to some weirdly good effect

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 SDef / 252 HP / 8 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Entei @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze
- Stone Edge
strangely decent. basically entei burns shit and serves as a decent revenge killer, land-t sets up rocks and stuff, while sylveon does clerical duties and hits back really hard with hyper voice for god knows why (apparently there have been games where i walk in and go "oh this dude doesn't even have a fairy resist sylveon GGgg takes 3 kills"). entei's burns and landorus's intimidates help sylveon tank a few physical hits, all the more striking back hard with strong moves such as sacred fire and hyper voice. i might consider swapping one of land-t's moves for stone edge but this is apparently very TF weak so :/

I remember coming across a Zygarde+Togekiss core suggestion before: I think when combined with Empoleon that could work really well as they cover each other's weaknesses. Zygarde can spread paralysis with dragon tail+glare, Togekiss can use that paralysis with air slash to parahax enemies to death while also providing wish support to Empoleon and Zygarde and heal bell support, and Empoleon defogs away hazards then sets up more with stealth rocks, making Zygarde's shuffling job easier. Plus, Empoleon can further cripple enemies with knock off and do some phazing himself with roar.

Something like:

Empoleon w/Lefties or air balloon
252 Hp, 252SpD, careful
Roar
Knock Off
Defog
Stealth Rock

Zygarde w/lefties or chesto berry
252 HP, 252 def, Impish
Glare
Dragon Tail
Rest
Sleep Talk/Earthquake

Togekiss w/Lefties
252HP, 252 def, bold
Heal Bell
Wish
Air Slash
Nasty Plot/Thunder Wave

A lower tier core I really like the type synergy of is Carracosta + Parasect. I think all it needs is something that resists rock and bug, and appreciates the water immunity Parasect's Dry Skin gives.
I've used the Zygarde set mentioned, and I personally prefer lefties and earthquake over chesto or sleep talk. Although, the chesto berry with earthquake is a close second, I liked using a hard rest when absolutely necessary with heal bell support. A glare/dragon tail set doesn't work very as a sleep talker in my opinion. Earthquake is also so very useful for many scary threats, you can actually check physical mega lucario if you keep Zygarde at full health! I wouldn't go without it.

Although the above core mentioned seems fine, I will mention you're probably going to want an electric resist with some special bulk on your team. Most electric type attacks that Zygarde would switch into come from troublesome special attackers with super effective or at the very least neutral special attacks, and unless absolutely necessary Zygarde shouldn't be taking any hits from the special side.

I like playing Gourgeist - Small and Tyranitar as a core. The pumpkin as physical wall and T-Tar as special wall and it's really great. The only weakness that is not covered is Poison Type Attacks, but then you can play any Steelmon.

Just throw it in the room, what you think of it?

I've used the Zygarde set mentioned, and I personally prefer lefties and earthquake over chesto or sleep talk. Although, the chesto berry with earthquake is a close second, I liked using a hard rest when absolutely necessary with heal bell support. A glare/dragon tail set doesn't work very as a sleep talker in my opinion. Earthquake is also so very useful for many scary threats, you can actually check physical mega lucario if you keep Zygarde at full health! I wouldn't go without it.

Although the above core mentioned seems fine, I will mention you're probably going to want an electric resist with some special bulk on your team. Most electric type attacks that Zygarde would switch into come from troublesome special attackers with super effective or at the very least neutral special attacks, and unless absolutely necessary Zygarde shouldn't be taking any hits from the special side.
I can definitely see the benefit of running earthquake, though I'll probably stick with the chesto berry since I can't rely purely on Togekiss. I like being able to keep the parashuffling momentum going with Zygarde without having to switch him out. If I go for earthquake, is it worth running attack EVs?

How about Lanturn for that? Takes no damage from electric type attacks and resist the ice type coverage moves they might have, while having good special bulk even if I go for an offensive set.

Edit: On second thoughts I would get wrecked by mold breaker Mega Ampharos, since no investment Zygarde 2HKOs, and Ampharos has a good chance to OHKO.

0 Atk Zygarde Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 206-246 (53.6 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 380-450 (90.4 - 107.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

With the Hydreigon/Aegislash core, shouldn't Iron Head be considered as an option to truly cover for Fairy types? I haven't rub calcs but most fairy types are special tanks so a shadow ball wouldn't do too much and they resist fighting

I'm not a huge fan of semantics, especially when that's the basis of someones argument. No they aren't all sweepers, but Charizard-Y can certainly sweep with its decent special bulk and Victini can clean late game too. Yes the set is weak to rock, but that is why I'd have a defogger in toe - but I'd imagine that'd be the case for any fire team these days. Really with the amount of WoW going around, there's a lot to be said for having pokemon that aren't weak to it and don't have to switch out when Sableye rears its ugly head.
Char-Y and Victini are not sweeping anything but Stall teams really. There's too many things that outspeed them. Also CB Talonflame runs right through those three mons with no problem, so Defog can be a bit of a questionable move there.

Since pretty much every team, even most Stall teams and Trick Room teams, have a mon that outspeeds that entire trio, there's not going to be too much sweeping going on there.

I can definitely see the benefit of running earthquake, though I'll probably stick with the chesto berry since I can't rely purely on Togekiss. I like being able to keep the parashuffling momentum going with Zygarde without having to switch him out. If I go for earthquake, is it worth running attack EVs?

How about Lanturn for that? Takes no damage from electric type attacks and resist the ice type coverage moves they might have, while having good special bulk even if I go for an offensive set.

Edit: On second thoughts I would get wrecked by mold breaker Mega Ampharos, since no investment Zygarde 2HKOs, and Ampharos has a good chance to OHKO.

0 Atk Zygarde Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 206-246 (53.6 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 380-450 (90.4 - 107.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
Chesto rest works, to each his or her own.

I'd say no for investing in attack evs. It's a physical wall that parashuffles. You really want to maximize your bulk. Earthquake is just really great for hitting with a super effective stab. 252/252+ defenses also really helps you be a physical Mega Lucario check, since you OHKO back surviving the CC 93.7% of the time when at full health. Not that it's great odds or anything, but it's pretty good for pokes not named mega venusaur or zapdos.

Mega Ampharos would be a threat to your 4 team members, so maybe a revenge killer with a super effective move to Mega Ampharos would be a good idea, scarf Genesect or bulky Mamoswine perhaps.

You're probably going to want a ghost, a spiker, and a good switch-in to genesect while making sure you have a good weaknesses to resistances ratio for your team. With those roles remaining you may need to cut Lanturn... just some friendly general advice!

Lastly, the Stall team I was running with Zygarde I stopped using, partly because I was bored of it and also because I couldn't find a second shuffler I was happy with. Only having Zygarde shuffling doesn't work. I hope Empoleon works out for you, but if you run into problems you might want to try out a second shuffler with more reliable recovery. Good luck!

I honestly can't be bothered reading through 30 pages of cores, so you'll have to excuse me if this has been brought up before but thoughts on an AV!Conkeldurr, M!Venusaur, Tyranitar core?

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Atk
Sassy/Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock/Fire Blast/Ice Beam
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

You'll have to ignore the shitty EV spreads that I've listed because I'm sure they're suboptimal but the core seems solid on paper. AV!Conkeldurr is a monster but Azumarill stops it cold. Thankfully M!Venusaur eats Azumarill for breakfast while Tyranitar rounds out the Talonflame/Flying/Psychic weakness in general, even pursuit trapping and eliminating some of the more prominent threats. Single-handedly destroyed by M!Pinsir which can switch in on M!Venusaur pretty comfortably, obviously, so something to take that out of the picture is necessary. Luckily, it's currently being oppressively overshadowed by M!Lucario so it's not seen that often in my experience though.

Didn't bother reading all 30 pages, so sorry if this has been mentioned, but here's a really solid bulky offence core I've seen used by a few players, and now use myself: Mega Venusaur, Heatran and Rotom-w.

Not only do they cover each other's weaknesses perfectly, especially M Venusaur and Heatran, but they also all fit into the play-style of bulky offence and almost, but not quite stall. Tbh any water type can be used in rotom-w's place. I saw one player with a 2000+ ranking using a crocune in the core (which ended up sweeping me late game) and I can see vaporeon working well, or even azumarill if you wanted a more offensive approach.

Chesto rest works, to each his or her own.

I'd say no for investing in attack evs. It's a physical wall that parashuffles. You really want to maximize your bulk. Earthquake is just really great for hitting with a super effective stab. 252/252+ defenses also really helps you be a physical Mega Lucario check, since you OHKO back surviving the CC 93.7% of the time when at full health. Not that it's great odds or anything, but it's pretty good for pokes not named mega venusaur or zapdos.

Mega Ampharos would be a threat to your 4 team members, so maybe a revenge killer with a super effective move to Mega Ampharos would be a good idea, scarf Genesect or bulky Mamoswine perhaps.

You're probably going to want a ghost, a spiker, and a good switch-in to genesect while making sure you have a good weaknesses to resistances ratio for your team. With those roles remaining you may need to cut Lanturn... just some friendly general advice!

Lastly, the Stall team I was running with Zygarde I stopped using, partly because I was bored of it and also because I couldn't find a second shuffler I was happy with. Only having Zygarde shuffling doesn't work. I hope Empoleon works out for you, but if you run into problems you might want to try out a second shuffler with more reliable recovery. Good luck!
Mamoswine sounds like a good idea, since it also covers the other electric types that threaten the core and can dispose of dragons with priority. Then again, Mega Ampharos isn't that common but it's good to have a back up plan.

Lanturn's type/ability synergy with the team is really nice though, but I can experiment with cutting Lanturn and replacing it with a combination of pokemon that resist the same thing. A ghost and spiker help too, probably a mixed wallbreaker such as Infernape as well since there's not a lot of offensive presence on the team. Infernape's typing compliment's the core's as well.

I'll test out some backup shufflers, thanks for the advice (all of it)!

I'm using the following core with entei, wich works odd but good, especialy on unprepared people who don't expect entei coming. Classic FWG core with good type synergy. Entei spread burn like a madman and rotom can spread burn aswell making venusaurs stalling job easier and taking away bulky grass types. All mons have decent bulk and enough power to back it up for some bulky offense. Burn also helps all of em taking physical hits better since they all are bulkier on the special side. Opinions?

Venusaur (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb

Entei @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Building on the old skarmbliss core, I replaced skarmory with a just as bulky mandibuzz which runs

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Taunt
- Defog

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 68 Atk / 252 SAtk / 188 Spd
Rash Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Autotomize
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Between these 3, there's 6 immunities. Normal, fighting, poison, ghost, psychic, and ground. And aegislash's resists complement mandibuzz's weaknesses very well, and the opposite is slightly true. Blissey will wall all the special ghost's that aegislash has trouble with before it can autotomize(stares at gengar).

This may not be a new core, but a defensive core with AV tangrowth, AV slowbro, and heatran would be a tough one to crack.

Besides the obvious back they provide each other through FWG, they help each other in other ways.

AV tangrowth sponges electrical hits aimed at slowbro, as well as the earthquakes targeting heatran

Heatran's quad resistance to bug means not worrying a thing about u turn or other bug moves that plague slowbro and tangrowth. Also his steel type helps with flying type attacks set for tang.

Bro takes fighting type hits that hurt heatran.

The AV given to tang and bro allow them to counter possible switch ins. Also, to get the drop on taunt users.

Tang with rock slide, knock off, equake, and giga drain (over power whip in case of burn and accuracy) gets talonflame, rotom, and ghost types aiming to hit bro while bro's special moves like fire blast, psychic, scald, and maybe even a hidden power or other coverage move can roast ferrethorn and burn attackers.

This leaves heatran open to use total status moves (in advisable but possible) making use of toxic, rocks, roar and protect or lava plume or earth power or flash cannon

Pros of this core
- really good type synergy
- able to fight back
- reliable recovery in regenerator
- can spread status and rocks

Cons
-switches might get predictable
- no way of defending against status

I wrote this up late at night so excuse the lack of proper move sets and such.

Also I know that this actual core is well known already I just threw in the AV option which rounds out the defenses of the core and gives them more switch in options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)