Unofficial UUs (Read Post #13) (don't post bugs here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piexplode is "LU" "RU"?

I kinda like the idea of a new tier,too since this UU is starting to look like Gen V OU,I also would love tho have an official Middle Cup tier,end up with NFE and make LC OU,LC UU,LC RU,etc because LC has a lot of pokémons and it could work well

My big question with how UU is going to work is how we're going to tier around mega stones. Are we going to treat each item and Pokemon as separate entities (similar to Lati@s and Soul Dew from last gen's OU), or are we going to keep things banned because those items exist? The only examples I can think of off the top of my head are Pinsir and Charizard, but I'm certain there's at least a couple other ones. I personally think it'd be more fun if we individually tested them without the mega stones to see if they were viable or not. I'd bet a significant amount of money that Pinsir and Charizard could find their way into UU without their mega stones.

Also, as far as the whole creation of a new tier goes, I'm just going to repeat what I've read in the past. The community is just not that big enough to warrant an extra lower tier. UU, RU, NU, LC OU, and LC UU get neglected enough as it is. Continuing to add more tiers (LU, LC RU, etc.) is just going to divide the lower-tier community up further, and leave them even more empty than they already are. Which isn't exactly what we want. Unless another 2,000 people sign up to Smogon in the next three weeks all saying they'd be very interested in a new tier between RU and NU, I don't think anyone involved necessarily wants an extra tier added.

In terms of the new toys UU seems to be getting, I'm very excited. Celebi, Metagross, and Hydreigon and all awesome mons, and I look forward to getting some UU playtime with them, even if they do end up banned. I also hope with all the new stuff, we can finally kick Dusclops out the bottom of the tier. It's annoying to face and annoying to use.

Also, no more Sableye. Which is cause for celebration alone.

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
My big question with how UU is going to work is how we're going to tier around mega stones. Are we going to treat each item and Pokemon as separate entities (similar to Lati@s and Soul Dew from last gen's OU), or are we going to keep things banned because those items exist? The only examples I can think of off the top of my head are Pinsir and Charizard, but I'm certain there's at least a couple other ones. I personally think it'd be more fun if we individually tested them without the mega stones to see if they were viable or not. I'd bet a significant amount of money that Pinsir and Charizard could find their way into UU without their mega stones.
I'm not kokoloko so this isn't a 100%, but I'm pretty sure we will just be suspect testing the Mega Stone of the Pokemon at hand, like what the OU council did with Mega Gengar and Mega Kangaskhan. Pinsir and Charizard are irrelevant since they're not UU, but if a Mega Pokemon was deemed ban-worthy, we would only be banning its Mega Stone and not the Pokemon itself. However, if the normal Pokemon AND the Mega forme of that Pokemon is ban-worthy, then we will be banning the Pokemon altogether, like what the OU council did with Blaziken. However, I really don't see this happening as every Pokemon that has a Mega forme in UU is not broken (it's normal forme isn't) atm.

^ Do not run sub on belly drum slurpuff. Use Flamethrower instead for the steel coverage. -Rykard (lol I'm a noob and don't know how to use reply xD)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's a pretty interesting suggestion, but with Ferrothorn not in this tier there's really no reason to run Flamethrower imo. If I have enough trouble I'll look into it, but I like how Substitute protects Slurpuff from status and other attacks considering that it's pretty frail. Also, the things that Flamethrower hits (Roserade, Steel types etc) can either take a lot of hits from Slurpuff and threaten him out or just get outright OHKO'd by +6 Return/Play Rough.

I'm not kokoloko so this isn't a 100%, but I'm pretty sure we will just be suspect testing the Mega Stone of the Pokemon at hand, like what the OU council did with Mega Gengar and Mega Kangaskhan. Pinsir and Charizard are irrelevant since they're not UU, but if a Mega Pokemon was deemed ban-worthy, we would only be banning its Mega Stone and not the Pokemon itself. However, if the normal Pokemon AND the Mega forme of that Pokemon is ban-worthy, then we will be banning the Pokemon altogether, like what the OU council did with Blaziken. However, I really don't see this happening as every Pokemon that has a Mega forme in UU is not broken (it's normal forme isn't) atm.
I was more or less asking if they'd be able to drop at all. I'm fully aware Pinsir will still probably end up RU and Charizard will go to RU or NU eventually without their mega stones. It was more a question of if we were going to test the items individually. But thanks, sounds good.

Honestly, Fell Stinger is very situational, as the opposing Pokemon would need to be very low on health or be a Malamar at <33% health for it to actually work. Furthermore, every move on Escavalier is very important and getting rid of one for a practically useless move would make Escavalier very inefficient imo. Also, Escavalier seriously cannot afford to lose out on either STAB, as they both help check Latias and Kyurem-B. The calc which you proposed is very unlikely because of the situational use of Fell Stinger, and would therefore make Escavalier lose out on its ability to check Kyurem-B. As for Chatot, I really don't like it because of its extreme frailty and the fact that many Pokemon can live a Boomburst and just OHKO back. Furthermore, it's Speed tier does not match up to the current metagame, as it fails to outspeed even Kyurem-B. Do you have any replays of it doing anything?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for the idea idea of PU, this gen really did not introduce that many new Pokemon (92, I think), so I don't know if adding a new tier is really a good idea. Regardless, I'll leave it up to senior staff to decide.
I do have a replay, but they are all gone. But I dug through and I found this
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-69981382
I lost (B/c I was trying a new set on Genesect and didn't have SR) but it still showed Chatot's power.

I'll bring some more replays.

As for Fell Stinger, yes I do agree, I tested both sets and realized that Fell Stinger only worked 30% of the times, but if I had Megahron/Iron head it would have been better in that 70% and would find a way in that 30%. In other words, Fell Stinger fails 2/3 of the times.

EDIT:
Chatot's two best moves that get STAB (Chatter & Boomburst) pass through sub too!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-74719539
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-74718607

Last edited:
Gayser84, yes LU is the Pokemon Online phrase for RU. Just wanted to say that while not many pokemon were introduced, PU was being discussed as early as B/W2, so it's not a new idea.
As everyone has mentioned, up to the staff. Very glad to see the UU unofficial stuff up btw ^^

Also, will LC and Doubles UU become a thing this gen? Sounds pretty cool

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Gayser84, yes LU is the Pokemon Online phrase for RU. Just wanted to say that while not many pokemon were introduced, PU was being discussed as early as B/W2, so it's not a new idea.
As everyone has mentioned, up to the staff. Very glad to see the UU unofficial stuff up btw ^^

Also, will LC and Doubles UU become a thing this gen? Sounds pretty cool
If I have any say in it, Doubles UU will not become an official metagame. It has too small of a playerbase and the number of skilled players in the tier is even smaller.

If I have any say in it, Doubles UU will not become an official metagame. It has too small of a playerbase and the number of skilled players in the tier is even smaller.
Arcticblast, aren't you the other metas leader? I would have thought this was mostly your say?

Arcticblast edit: I answered this in a VM.

Last edited by a moderator:
My main issue with PU last gen was the centralization of hazards (when the best spinner in the tier is sandshrew, who can't actually touch any ghost type, you know the meta's just going to be hazard stacking offense). It basically made the idea of a balanced PU metagame implausible.
Maybe defog will help quell that problem with a 6th gen PU? This is a UU discussion thread so I don't think we should be discussing PU anyway xD.

Maybe defog will help quell that problem with a 6th gen PU?
Defog would be extremely uncommon due to it getting rid of all hazards. If they were to make a PU tier, they might ban hazards, due to absolute over-centralization.

Why don't we just increase the OU cutoff to something around 4%? That's a lot less work than creating another tier.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO. As of now, the metagame is quite unbalanced. Raising the Exclusion % would only increase problems with the meta. If anything, it needs to be lowered.

Arcticblast edit: Please don't double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

migetno1

bRMT Developer
is a Programmer Alumnus
I've updated bReakMyTeam's sets to Dec2013 data. Pokemon have been assigned OU according to Antar's banlist so the calculator should work fine for UU too (just have OU unticked)!

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
| 631 | Arceus | 0.001% |

Who hacked arceus into UU? >:(
Given the amount of former Ubers, maybe Arceus wouldn't be too out of place in UU...

In all seriousness, there are a few glitches in the UU server that need fixing, particularly concerning mega-evolution.

Last edited:

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
I love this tier right now! Destroying stuff with rain is fun.
Top threats: Crawdaunt, Bisharp, Cube, Diggersby, Kingdra, so much more omg.

I didn't see anyone creste a list of pokemon that have dropped, so i will make one. These are the previous ou and ubers pokemon that dropped(hope i didn't miss any):
Celebi, Dugtrio, Gastrodon, Haxorous, Hippowdon, Hydregion, Jellicent, Jolteon, Keldeo, Kyurem-B, Latias, Magnetzone, Metagross, Ninetales, Politoed, Reuniclus, Toxicroak, Vaporeon, Deoxys-D, Deoxys-S, Manaphy, Tornadus-T and Thunderus-T, and basically all the BLs

The pokemon that were not OU last gen but now are:
Azumarrill, Charizard, Clefable, Galvantula, Kangaskhan(but kangaskhanite banned now so should drop), Mandibuzz, Mawile, Pinsir, Sablye, Smeargle, Togekiss

New pokemon that are OU:
Aegislash, Goodra, Greninja, Klefki, Talonflame, Sylveon, Trevenant

I hope some things like latias and kyurem black go back up. Kangaskhan and maybe Sablye will drop cause of kangaskhanite being banned.I saw the pokemon closest to being OU but aren't are Bisharp and Jellicent, then Hydregion, Celebi and Scolipede, so they might take up spots of dropped pokemon.

Edit-whoops shaymin sky is uber

Last edited:
Hydregion got a 4x weakness to Fairy maybe he will go up because he is a sudo-legendary and has great movepool but he will need to be extremely careful with Fairy Type
Deoxys-S and Deoxys-D are sure to go OU,like Latias.
Black Kyurem maybe he returns to OU or he goes BL

Kangaskhan and Sableye are going to drop

Hydregion got a 4x weakness to Fairy maybe he will go up because he is a sudo-legendary and has great movepool but he will need to be extremely careful with Fairy Type

How exactly is Hydreigon pseudo-legendary? It was good in B/W, but I don't think it was ever good enough to deserve legendary status: and if it was, certainly not anymore since Fairy types hurt it so badly. It's movepool is arguably fantastic, no doubts about that, but I'm not sure how well it will hold up this gen.

How exactly is Hydreigon pseudo-legendary? It was good in B/W, but I don't think it was ever good enough to deserve legendary status: and if it was, certainly not anymore since Fairy types hurt it so badly. It's movepool is arguably fantastic, no doubts about that, but I'm not sure how well it will hold up this gen.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pseudo_legendary

Pseudo legendary is a term applied to any non-legendary Pokémon with a BST of 600 (typically reserved for legendaries), of which there has been at least one each generation. Whether or not the resulting Pokémon is actually good is irrelevant.

I foresee kyruem-b, keldeo (most sure of), manaphy, thundurus-t, and deoxys-s moving back to OU when the OU metagame stabilizes and they regain usage. Thundurus-T might not regain usage just because it is outclassed by thundurus-i, but it destroys the meta and I see it being suspected and banned eventually. If mega absol stays UU, Latios might as well, unless it regains usage in OU (improbable now that is has to deal with aegislash and genesect in OU).

I also think that smeargle, galvantula, sabyle, and possibly mandibuzz will drop from OU around the same time.

As of now, the meta is completely centralized around rain, and I see swift swim/ drizzle ban re-emerging in UU. Really hopping this gen's UU is not a repeat of last gen's OU, now that it has hippowdon, ninetails, and politoed.

Last edited:

Whether or not something is legendary has nothing to do with what tier it is in, tiers are based on usage, and indirectly how good something is (lol ladder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)