Pre pokebank looking for post pokebank ameliorations

Hello ! Here is my RMT of the team I used in pre pokebank with a lot of success. I was undefeated at my local tournament and didnt play a lot on simulator but had a good winning streak. (Reached like 1800 in an afternoon or so)

This team was thought to be effective in pre pokebank.
However I did not play competitively in Gen V so I dońt know very well the metagame, so I'm looking for advices for how to adapt my team for post pokebank.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Sword Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch

This M-Lucario, the first pokemon of my team, and the whole team is built around him. He is the mega, and thus the mvp of the team. The sole point of all the others pokemons of the team is toweaken or kill his checks and counters. The classic late game sweeper set : I put extreme speed for the better coverage than bullet punch, and the +2 mainly for Talonflame. Then crunch for the ghosts ( in prepokebank, mainly aegislash, gourgeist and trevenant). Jolly to outspeed gengar.
Very few pokemons are not ohko once +2 and can ohko back. In pre pokebank the noticable ones are gliscor, azumarill, togekiss, aegislash (if misprediction), dragonite and salamence ...

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Substitute

In addition from having a great type synergy with Lucario, this mixed set is great at wallbreaking and weakening bulky pokemon who are not ohko by Lucario. Except fairies, almost nothing survive a draco meteor from Salamence + a boosted close combat from Luke. Substitute seems weird, but i had great success with it : it allows to scout a switch then use the appropriate move. Intimidate is awesome as it allows salamence to check many physical threats along with his good coverage and typing, and make him one of my best bet against aegislash.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-Turn
- Steel Wing

This guy is a boss, i'm totally addicted to him. He ohko almost any kinf of 252spd sweeper. Very useful as a revenge killer if you screw something up, but also has a good synergy with lucario since he draws tyranitar (and other rock type) whom lucario can set up in if no fire attack. But in this team, i mostly play him as a kamikaze : if i can weaken a Lucario counter/check even without killing him, i'll do it even if it cost his life. The speed is for M-kang (now banned) and other talonflames

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Great pokemon overall, a good pivot and a great synergy with Talonflame (and salamence) as he create a volturn combo and the cover each other weaknesses quite nicely. He is the best counter to Talonflame who gives me trouble and takes care of Gliscor for Luke. WoW is always great to have as it can save you from tricky situation for exemple an annoying aegislash. I use rest but plan to use pain split in post pokebank.
Really he is so good I dont know what to say about him, he just fits.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Volt Switch
- Gyroball
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Ok, I play Talonflame and Salamence so I need hazard control. There is no decent defog user in pre pokebank, so i choosed foretress for the rapid spin and the stealth rock, which is always nice to facilitate sweeping. He is also a nice glue pokemon with his slow volt switch when i dont know who i should switch into. Not a lot much to say about him, he´s pretty straight forward.

Trevenant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Will-o-wisp
- Leech Seed
- Rest

I needed a ghost type for anti spin and defensive coverage, a specially tanky pokemon and a good pokemon against M-kang (now banned). He also works as an absorb status with harvest and lum berry, making him a nightmare for stall pokemonin combination with leech seed. I seriously have doubt about this pokemon now that M-kang is banned, but he is still quite great since he has such a good defensive synergy with rotom-w. I play him specially defensive since I already have Intimidate and two Wow for physical threats, and his resistances are more common on the special side.

Thus far, my greatest concern is aegislash, whom i have trouble against especially special variants. Even physical variants can sweep me if salamence is too low already and rotom fail to burn him somehow.
I also have a lot of trouble against M-Zard Y, whom with Flamethrower, Solar Beam and Dragon Pulse can OHKO most of my team, but he can be revenge killed by Talonflame though and I have a SR setter.
But what I am worried about is all the post pokebank threats that I dont know about, for example the genies or lati@s, terrakium ... How will my team do in post pokebank ? What can I do to adapt it ?

Thank you in advance for reading all of it, my apologies for the poor presentation : i'm not used to it ...

Last edited:
Hi, just a few points....

1.Give Salamance moxie instead of intimidate, and I suggest you use him as a physical sweeper instead of a mixed sweeper as splitting EVs between attack and special attack really isn't using your pokemon's full potential. Here is the set I would use:

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

2.For more diversity I would give lucario ice punch instead of crunch since you have no ice coverage

3.Rotom-W should be Bold nature to maximize defense.

4.Trevenant should have Sitrus berry and substitute instead of rest and lum berry as it tends to heal more efficiently this way, I would also give it something other than will-o-wisp since rotom-W already has will-o-wisp.

5.Give Talonflame max Speed, the extra HP helps nothing

Overall: your team is good for pre-bank and should do better when you make improvements associated with post-bank, I think you should also look into maybe getting a better spinner and testing out some more specially offensive pokemon since your team is heavily physical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)