Pfft, Defog is Weak (Peak 2,500+)

Hello there. Mew here bringing his first Generation 6 OU team. This team was pretty much just to abuse the living daylights out of the brokenness that is Generation 6 OU as of now.

The idea of this team was to throw up hazards whenever they can be thrown up. Don't waste time with complaining about spinners and Defog; that's pussy stuff. This team forces a lot of switches to the point that it becomes a hassle to clear hazards. Even when given free switches in, the Volturning this team has makes it difficult to have a favorable match-up most of the time, as you can just smack the opponent with a heavy hit, and go out to another threat.

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Deoxys-D has been a phenomenal Pokemon ever since it was first introduced. It's versatility, bulk, and access to an array of support moves makes it a Pokemon to be considered when teambuilding. Since I was going with some sort of hyper offense, Deoxys-D was a must.

The EVs given are as standard as they get for lead Deoxys-D. Max speed helps outrun things like Skarmory and Landorus-T, which like setting up hazards. Since Deoxys-D can Taunt them, it stops them right in their tracks, and paves the way for your own hazards to be put on the other side of the field.

I went with Leftovers over Red Card for a few reasons. For starters, I lack a spinblocker. I really didn't find it necessary when building this team, as I couldn't fit Gengar in very well with this team, and Aegislash is garbage. (Don't care if you hate, I personally just hate using it. e.e) Leftovers gives Deoxys-D some survivability and a form of recovery, letting it stay in the battle longer and allowing it to get up hazards if they are spun/defogged away. The other main reason for Leftovers is because of Thunder Wave on this set. Being able to paralyze fast threats on the opponent's team makes it a lot easier for my own team to sweep.

The moveset has already been explained for the most part, but I'll do a brief recap here. Stealth Rock and Spikes are just standard on Deoxys-D. Hazards are a key in this heavy offensive metagame, and since many switches are forced with the heavy-hitters, residual damage is nice. Taunt is to prevent hazards on my side of the field, since I have no way to rid my side of them. Thunder Wave is an amazing support move, as it allows me to slow down fast threats on the opponent's team, and allows my own threats to have an easier time sweeping.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 56 Spd / 252 Atk / 200 HP
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Ah, banded Scizor, what an amazing Pokemon. Scizor is just a great Pokemon in general. With it's good bulk, decent speed, and large attack stat, this guy can force switches, switch in, and outspeed certain things that might be a bit of a nuisance.

I went with a banded Scizor instead of an SD set because I wanted the immediate power. I don't really feel like SD Scizor is too good currently, seeing as how Talonflame and Rotom-W are EVERYWHERE currently. Choice band gives me some immediate power and let's me get off heavy hits on those common switch-ins.

The EVs are fairly obvious. Max attack with Adamant so I hit as hard as I can is a need. The speed is enough to let me hit 180, and is there so I can outrun defensive Politoed, and anything speed-creeping it.

Very standard moveset, so I won't go very much in-depth with it. U-turn is literally standard on every Scizor set (unless you're weak and want to run Bug Bite.) It provides momentum off my opponent's switches, and let's me force even MORE switches if I manage to scare my opponent out. Superpower is so I can get rid of those pesky steel types Scizor can't really touch otherwise. Bullet Punch is nice priority, and let's me get rid of threats such as Terrakion and Tyranitar. Knock Off is a nice utility move, and allows me to make threats less threatening by getting rid of potential Choice Scarfs, bands, etc.

Landorus (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Landorus-I got dropped to OU this generation for retesting, which I am grateful for. Landorus-I has one of the greatest offensive presences in OU due to a nice speed stat, good bulk, and it hits like a freight train. I chose to go with a physical set, due to it synergizing with special Lucario a lot more efficiently, and sand is fairly common currently.

Expert Belt was the item of choice since I don't really think Landorus-I is too good at holding a Scarf. It can't afford being locked into something such as Stone Edge with things like Lucario and Terrakion running around. Expert Belt also let's me OHKO Aegislash under sand with an Earthquake, which is always good.

Running standard EVs and set, so no need to explain them.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Flash Cannon

Mega-Lucario is easily the best mega in OU as-of-now. With Adaptability, it can deal out massive damage even without a boost, and that is great for wearing down bulky switch-ins to this guy.

I chose to go with the special Lucario because I feel like it works better than the physical one. This guy has less checks and counters to it, and has more moves that hit hard and benefit from the Adaptability boost.

This is a standard Nasty Plot Lucario set. The only thing slightly awkward may be the double fighting STAB. I don't feel like Dark Pulse is necessary, as the other members of my team are capable of ridding threats that may wall this set. It's also nice to have all my moves getting an instant boost from Adaptability, so I sometimes don't even need to set-up to sweep. Steadfast was the ability chosen for normal Lucario because of it being nice to benefit from flinch hax with a nice speed boost.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Volt Switch

Rotom-W is one of the best Pokemon this generation. It synergizes very well with most of the threats this gen, and also checks a lot of the threats. I went with a Choice Scarf set because I was lacking a reliable scarfer, and Rotom has always been a great one.

This set is as standard as they get. Double electric STAB let's me reliably take out Gyarados, and still keep momentum with Volt Switch. Hydro Pump is the obligatory STAB water move. It allows Rotom to kill a few of the things it switches in to such as Heatran. Trick is a great support move, as it allows me to cripple walls that may be annoying for my team to deal with otherwise.

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Talk

The last guy on the team - Latios. Latios is an AMAZING Pokemon to use. It's fast, versatile, and hits like a fucking glass cannon. Add a choice specs and you get the definition of glass cannon.

Latios was chosen because I lacked a reliable dragon killer. Latios provides that speed and power that is always needed on Hyper Offensive teams. It's got the coverage moves it needs to only be walled by Heatran, which isn't a threat to this team anyways and doesn't appreciate specs Draco Meteor.

This set is the one I feel works the best. Psyshock and Draco are my STAB moves of choice. HP Fire let's me pick off common switch-ins such as Ferrothorn and Scizor. Sleep Talk let's me switch-in to Breloom, and then destroy it with any of my moves.

Well, that's the team. I don't have a screenshot of my exact peak, however under my current alt "Mew Testing Bro", I'm at about 2.4k. I'm not sure what can be changed, so feel free to make suggestions. <3

Importable:
Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 56 Spd / 252 Atk / 200 HP
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Landorus (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Flash Cannon

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Volt Switch

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Talk​

Last edited:
Well I stole your team and have to admit it's pretty nice. :) Please don't take it personally, just trying to get back in the game myself. Went 12-6 messing about and hit about 1900. I found it frustrating a few times finding a decent switch in with the team being so frail and sometimes I thought Landorus was completely useless. The less I switched around the better I did, though and I didn't really know how to play with the team at first. Of the games I lost only once or twice I got outplayed, otherwise I let a DDtar kill me and a SD Luke swept me following a Stone Edge miss. I took off Stone Edge for Rock Slide after.

I thought Heatran and Gengar were a pain, as was Scarf Genesect but could be played around. I considered changing Landorus for Gyarados or Thundurus but didn't make the move lol. Honestly I just wanted to say this is a very solid team and is fun to play. I don't think I would have lost but once or twice if it wasn't for my own stupidity. XD My only complaint was that I found it hard to switch in to a ghost/dark attack.

Good job.

Nice team, I really had a hard time dealing with genesect, and talon flame since rotom-W has no healing moves and it's not invested in defense it's really hard to keep him around, other than that I would really like to see some pictures on your future posts it makes the thread more alive and fun to read.

Well I stole your team and have to admit it's pretty nice. :) Please don't take it personally, just trying to get back in the game myself. Went 12-6 messing about and hit about 1900. I found it frustrating a few times finding a decent switch in with the team being so frail and sometimes I thought Landorus was completely useless. The less I switched around the better I did, though and I didn't really know how to play with the team at first. Of the games I lost only once or twice I got outplayed, otherwise I let a DDtar kill me and a SD Luke swept me following a Stone Edge miss. I took off Stone Edge for Rock Slide after.

I thought Heatran and Gengar were a pain, as was Scarf Genesect but could be played around. I considered changing Landorus for Gyarados or Thundurus but didn't make the move lol. Honestly I just wanted to say this is a very solid team and is fun to play. I don't think I would have lost but once or twice if it wasn't for my own stupidity. XD My only complaint was that I found it hard to switch in to a ghost/dark attack.

Good job.
Thank you for the compliments! :3 Ghosts are a real pain in the ass, however that's to be expected since most Hyper Offensive teams don't run a normal type Pokemon (they'd be less annoying if steel didn't lose it's resistance to them... e.e) DDMegaTar is a threat to this team, however it's fairly uncommon. I've been considering making Landorus-I a Landorus-T to help deal with things like Ttar.

Nice team, I really had a hard time dealing with genesect, and talon flame since rotom-W has no healing moves and it's not invested in defense it's really hard to keep him around, other than that I would really like to see some pictures on your future posts it makes the thread more alive and fun to read.
Thanks for the rate. Talonflame is easily the biggest threat to my team. T^T As I said, might use Landorus-T to see how it does against it and other threats. Scarfsect has honestly not been a problem for me at all, mainly because the teams that run it don't have a Defogger/reliable spinner. Lucario usually gets a Nasty Plot off as well, and Vacuum Wave can kill. It's honestly down to playing around it.

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
Hi, your team has a pretty effective strategy for the current meta, Deo-d heavy offense aiming most likely for a Mega Lucario sweep. In my eyes Bisharp is basically a perfect fit over Scizor. First of all CB Scizor is fairly sub par in this meta and if you don't use U-turn you are going to be set up bait for a lot of stuff just now. It is also exacerbating your large Aegislash weakness. Finally having 3 choice items on one team is really going to be bad for momentum which is crucial for HO.

Bisharp will do better on this team for a few reasons. First of all Defiant means that any pokemon that wants to try and clear away Deoxys' hazards using Defog risks giving it a free +2. This helps stops Deo-d being a waste of a team slot in quite a lot of battles (despite your amusing title). Sucker Punch lets you keep a priority move that you need and you maintain the utility of Knock Off. The Dark typing and very strong Knock Off patch up the Aegislash weakness (obviously avoid switching in to Sacred Sword) which is amazing for the team and aids your Lucario sweep since it doesn't have Dark Pulse to deal with Aegislash itself. Knock Off in general is good for preparing a Lucario sweep since Bisharp can often force walls out early and get rid of their items weakening them considerably. You can run Swords Dance or Substitute on Bisharp, Swords Dance is more likely to sweep and can become very dangerous for many teams, Substitute eases prediction and can absorb status from the likes of Gourgeist and defensive Rotom-w who nearly always go for Will-o-wisp. Iron Head rounds out the set and threatens fairys like Scizor did.

Basically Bisharp and Deo-d is the gold standard for HO now in my opinion and you should definitely try it out on this team since it helps Mega Lucario sweep.
Bisharp (F) @ Dread Plate / Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Substitute / Swords Dance
I'd stick with Dread Plate for sub and Life orb for Swords Dance, either set is good for this team and its really just personal preference.

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
I don't have much time so just a little nitpick. I took your team out for a test run and I noticed myself never using aura sphere on Lucario. I would suggest putting Dark Pulse over it because it helps take care of the omnipresent Aegislash. After SR and spikes Vacuum Wave kills really anything Aura sphere could. Overall nice team!

Hi, your team has a pretty effective strategy for the current meta, Deo-d heavy offense aiming most likely for a Mega Lucario sweep. In my eyes Bisharp is basically a perfect fit over Scizor. First of all CB Scizor is fairly sub par in this meta and if you don't use U-turn you are going to be set up bait for a lot of stuff just now. It is also exacerbating your large Aegislash weakness. Finally having 3 choice items on one team is really going to be bad for momentum which is crucial for HO.

Bisharp will do better on this team for a few reasons. First of all Defiant means that any pokemon that wants to try and clear away Deoxys' hazards using Defog risks giving it a free +2. This helps stops Deo-d being a waste of a team slot in quite a lot of battles (despite your amusing title). Sucker Punch lets you keep a priority move that you need and you maintain the utility of Knock Off. The Dark typing and very strong Knock Off patch up the Aegislash weakness (obviously avoid switching in to Sacred Sword) which is amazing for the team and aids your Lucario sweep since it doesn't have Dark Pulse to deal with Aegislash itself. Knock Off in general is good for preparing a Lucario sweep since Bisharp can often force walls out early and get rid of their items weakening them considerably. You can run Swords Dance or Substitute on Bisharp, Swords Dance is more likely to sweep and can become very dangerous for many teams, Substitute eases prediction and can absorb status from the likes of Gourgeist and defensive Rotom-w who nearly always go for Will-o-wisp. Iron Head rounds out the set and threatens fairys like Scizor did.

Basically Bisharp and Deo-d is the gold standard for HO now in my opinion and you should definitely try it out on this team since it helps Mega Lucario sweep.
Bisharp (F) @ Dread Plate / Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Substitute / Swords Dance
I'd stick with Dread Plate for sub and Life orb for Swords Dance, either set is good for this team and its really just personal preference.
Thanks for the rate! I will try Bisharp out, as it does seem like an interesting Pokemon, keeping everything Scizor did for the most part. :]
I don't have much time so just a little nitpick. I took your team out for a test run and I noticed myself never using aura sphere on Lucario. I would suggest putting Dark Pulse over it because it helps take care of the omnipresent Aegislash. After SR and spikes Vacuum Wave kills really anything Aura sphere could. Overall nice team!
Thanks for the rate! I put Aura Sphere on there mainly so even if I didn't get a chance to Nasty Plot, I can still smack things like Heatran and Ferrothorn and OHKO them from 75ish%. I will try Dark Pulse some however as I know it's helpful. :]

Been trying Assault Vest Rhyperior over Landorus-I a bit to check things like Talonflame and Aegislash somewhat:
Rhyperior (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 16 Atk / 244 SDef / 248 HP
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Dragon Tail
- Megahorn
Would this be a good change? Any changes with the set/EVs?

Have you tried red card on deo- d yet? because it can stop u- turn momentum from the likes of genesect and usually helps guarantee more layers of hazards.

aside from the off chance that someone has a Ttar, is there another reason for Lando to have Sand Force instead of Sheer Force?

aside from the off chance that someone has a Ttar, is there another reason for Lando to have Sand Force instead of Sheer Force?
For that specific set, Sheer Force does absolutely nothing for it. Sand Force is the only useful ability for that set, since none of the moves have secondary effects.

I did try Red Card, however due to the lack of a spin-blocker on my team, Leftovers helps more.
Bisharp + Red Card Deo- D is really deadly, and bisharp pseudo blocks defog by threatening to give it a plus 2 to attack, so like the person above said try bisharp and deo- d with a red card

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do you really have so much trouble with Breloom that you need to run just sleep talk on Latias? That seems WAY too situational, and Choice Specs pokemon always appreciate extra coverage moves. I just haven't encountered so many Breloom recently that Sleep Talk would be that important to have.

Do you really have so much trouble with Breloom that you need to run just sleep talk on Latias? That seems WAY too situational, and Choice Specs pokemon always appreciate extra coverage moves. I just haven't encountered so many Breloom recently that Sleep Talk would be that important to have.
Breloom gives my team no issues. However, I have Sleep Talk on Latios just for the sake of having sleep fodder.

Dark Void Smeargle is a thing, apparently. Also, Venusaur and Roserade often carry it.

I would give Rotom the EV spread 184HP/252SAtk/72Spd because with timid nature and a choice scarf you can out speed every non-boosted pokemon in the OU tier except Deo-Speed so why invest so much into speed when 72 will suffice? The added bulk will help you a lot, you could even just ignore HP and add 184 EVs into defense since the meta game is extremely physical nowadays and the majority of rotom's opponents will be physical.

Secondly, Latios a glass cannon? imho, Latios has quite a fair amount of bulk. That is all. Gl and Hf :D

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Get ready for an icrap rate:

Wtf is leftovers doing on deod? That's gotta be thr most retarded item you could run -- try using Tanga Berry instead so Gene can't ohko with +1 Bug Buzz.

Personally, CB Gene sect just does it better than Scizor -- it even has a stronger priority. Especially with Download, and it retains the same typing and coverage for the most part, with the addition of bluffing any number of its other sets which makes it more versatile.

Lastly, Sleep Talk is retarded on Latinos when nothing spores anything anymore -- breloom is hardly seen anymore. I'd go with either Trick (highly recommended) or Memento; both options offer so much more than Sleep Talk.

Balloon Aegislash looks really annoying to face, to the point where, iirc, Shadow Ball aand Sneak KO Land or us after SR. I'd run flamethrower on CB Gene just to check it, and I emohasis more on Trick Latios to cripple Aegislash more.

A note from friend to friend: the #1 player on PS has more losses than wins, which makes any ladder achievements on PS quite mediocre imo I would boast team success more based on PO but ths is just me advising you as it helps you learn faster!

Hope I helped :)

Get ready for an icrap rate:

Wtf is leftovers doing on deod? That's gotta be thr most retarded item you could run -- try using Tanga Berry instead so Gene can't ohko with +1 Bug Buzz.

Personally, CB Gene sect just does it better than Scizor -- it even has a stronger priority. Especially with Download, and it retains the same typing and coverage for the most part, with the addition of bluffing any number of its other sets which makes it more versatile.

Lastly, Sleep Talk is retarded on Latinos when nothing spores anything anymore -- breloom is hardly seen anymore. I'd go with either Trick (highly recommended) or Memento; both options offer so much more than Sleep Talk.

Balloon Aegislash looks really annoying to face, to the point where, iirc, Shadow Ball aand Sneak KO Land or us after SR. I'd run flamethrower on CB Gene just to check it, and I emohasis more on Trick Latios to cripple Aegislash more.

A note from friend to friend: the #1 player on PS has more losses than wins, which makes any ladder achievements on PS quite mediocre imo I would boast team success more based on PO but ths is just me advising you as it helps you learn faster!

Hope I helped :)
Thanks for the rate. I'm currently running Red Card on Deoxys to see how that goes, and I'll try Tanga Berry soon. I'm trying Bisharp currently over Scizor, but I'll try Genesect some as well. Sleep Talk on Latios was mainly just for fodder, so I'll try Trick since I never really found myself using Sleep Talk. Again, thanks for the rate. :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)