Apprentice Program: Round Eighty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Aurora
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Aurora
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +11 any time, any day until 30 January where on weekdays I'm only available past 5 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU / XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing Pokemon competitively in September 2011 and was pretty persistent until December 2012, where I stopped out of a lack of interest. Now that there's another generation out, I'm raring to get back into the game.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.

Username: King
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: jasonpwn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6, and it's sporadic.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW NU or XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I am Jason a lot of you know me and I'm infamous on the site but blarajan tutored me before in ru and it was really successful I'm a good guy and I want to learn and I take the tutor's time seriously.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, though I can't promise I'll do them correctly.

Username: Talzie
Pokemon Showdown Username: Talzie
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific. I'm usually available any time after 7pm or before 2pm.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been a Pokemon fan since the days of Red and Blue, but competitive battling is a new venture and hasn't been an easy transition so far. I feel team building is the main thing that's holding me back the most right now. I'm not going to lie, most of my Pokemon time is spent staring at the team building screen. I also love Charmanders. <3
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I'd love to. :)
Why I should be tutored: I browse the site quite often and am certainly here for the long haul. I haven't posted till now simply because I don't know where to start or how to contribute as badly as I want to. I feel pretty overwhelmed right now and need help getting the ball rolling so I can become a contributing member!

Last edited:

BASED

Banned deucer.
Username: Based
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Inside Edit: BASED (ps username)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6 I play when I feel like it but am available 3:00pm - around 11:00pm school nights and pretty much all day on weekends unless if I am busy.
What tier do you want to learn?: xy ou / xy doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I originally started playing competitive pokemon mid BW1 (I was really bad.) Until I got really bored and stopped until near the end of BW2. Since it is a new gen I decided to try to learn the tiers I was interested in when I first started OU and Doubles (VGC at the time but I like Smogon Doubles more.) I like to think of myself as a nice guy. I used to get horrible grades but have recently started trying harder in school. Also I have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd) so I guess I might be a little annoying sometimes. None of the last three sentences really mattered but whatever. :]
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Username: Pwnemon
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pwnemon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 6:30 - 11 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Yes, I'm simultaneously tutoring XY Doubles (hopefully), but I've never been very good at OU, despite having played it since 2009. Since I need to learn the tier before Gen VI CAP starts up (and since OU is always useful to know), I want a better grasp on the meta through B101
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yup

Last edited:
Username: Orch
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Orch
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, I'm mostly available in afternoons and some nights. I don't mind staying up late most of nights.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW NU > BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm currently studying computer science. I dabble into a lot of random stuff. I've been playing a quite bit of ubers tho, and I'm decent at it (2400ish peak). I wanna broaden my horizons to different tiers tho.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

Last edited:
Username: Mazz
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: This varies from time to time
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7h, available from 7pm till 10pm on Mondays, 3pm till 10pm on Wednesdays, and 5pm until whenever from Friday to Saturday (Friday can vary to 6:30pm some weeks).
What tier do you want to learn?: Admittedly, any. XY OU or XY LC preferred.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've recently entered my second semester of university at the University of Alberta (same place Raseri goes :3) and have a passion for playing guitar and playing hockey. I've cheered for one of the worst teams in the NHL (hint: they've been where they are for essentially 8 years) for my whole life. I'm currently pursuing a degree in geology with hopes of becoming an exogeologist (geologist in space). In my spare time, if I'm not studying, playing some shinny, or my guitar, I'm playing Pokemon, and want to get better in the areas of teambuilding and risk / reward .
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely.

Was passed over in a previous round (I think it was 78, but it may have been 79)

Username: Ein
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ein Pokemon Online
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, anytime past 5 PM - EST
What tier do you want to learn?: XY - OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to be play competitive pokemon back when Pearl and Diamond came out. When that happened I usually played with my friends and we sort of began to follow the OU/UU rules, which we even started our own league at our school. I stopped playing when I went to college, but I like to get back into the competitive scene and hopefully get better at making in game decisions.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

(I registered in the previous program, but was not selected)

Username: Debury
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Debury
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - Available every morning, couple of evenings and weekend daytime. More available than not available
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been a Smogon lurker like a lot of people in the past but now I am really keen to put a stop to that and start to contribute to the site more. I am a regular on Pokemon Showdown and have used the 'Mentoring' and 'Competitive Battling' threads recently to optimize a team for XY and get me started along in the process. If my application is successful then I do have aspirations of taking part in the Smogon Farm League and to eventually try to get into the Smogon Premier League but I am not too confident now about trying it until my Pokemon level in general has improved. I like to think that my general level of play is 'good' but with the help of an experienced mentor I would really appreciate the help that I would receive. I could then be taught properly how to successfully team build and become more consistent in my in-game tactics because especially recently my perception on how to play against people has changed and with more experience I am getting better at predicting moves and using a strategy to win my matches.
I am 24 years old and from England and my job is that I am a personal trainer. I am sensible and mature and really feel this programme will not only benefit my Pokemon skill but it will also give me the tools to contribute to the site more and as stated earlier, compete more and take on a much higher level of competition that I am not neccessarily willing to take on yet.
My general personality is light hearted and also patient. I am pretty smart and consider myself an able fast learner in anything I put my mind to. I would not give my mentor a hard time in mentoring me and hope that they gain just as much from teaching me.
My hours of availability will be pretty consistent as I make sure my working hours stay the same on a weekly basis and I am confident that I will get the most out of this by trying to be as available as possible for my tutor.
I read about how you would like this programme to breed the future of contributors for this site and I would like to qualify myself as a person who would be certainly keen to do this. If I have good tutoring and feel I am in a position to contribute more then that will certainly be the case. You don't have to worry about me disappearing as I don't plan on going anywhere or wasting any of the mentors time.
I have access to the IRC you set up and do sit in the pokemon and mentor channels to get involved when I can
I have only ever applied for this once before in round 72 and was unsuccessful unfortunately but I hope this time I am considered much more than last.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes of course

Last edited:
I was skipped in round 79.

Username: Yuri
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: bebemoises
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-2 (currently on DST, will revert to GMT-3 on February) Saturdays and Sundays mostly all day. Will be avaiable early night during weekdays when January ends.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU (preferably) or XY Doubles.
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to play ADV in Netbattle but I was mostly bad at it. I can't say I pioreered anything but I was one of the few people interested in developing the 2v2 metagame then. I'm sure they are out there but I never saw anyone use Skill Swap Gengar with Agiligross nor Taunt Alakazam (Inner Focus) like I did. My biggest claim to glory is probably the one time I tied with ViL in ADV UU (though he Exploded his Solrock so maybe I technically won?). Other than that, will major in Electric Engineering soon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I'll give you the read of your life, babe.

Last edited:
Username: Jirne
Pokemon Showdown Username: Jirne
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, Tuesday Friday evenings (6pm - midnight) can add another day or more depending on the tutor availability.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, and i'm a little intressted in VGC.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Jérémy and i come from Kalos, currently living in the suburbs of luminose city i'm enjoying my life as software programmer and a video game addict. As video games i'm currently playing some RPG (i love dwarf rpg) and i'm looking forward to play divinity : original sin and DAO:3.
I returned to pokemon more than one year ago (after playing red and silver yeaaaaars ago) and i decided to take a look at competitive in the BW2 OU tier. I learned from scratch alone, and then when i discovered smogon and the strageydex a whole new world openned to me.
Until 2 or 3 weeks i used to play drizzle/rain dance + swift swim teams, but now with the released of XY i'm doing some local tournaments so i want to try some more efficient things (back to the basics).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yupe for sure.
Why I should be tutored:
By alowing me to participate me to the tutoring, you are helping knowledge to spread. i'm not very talkative but be sure that i love to teach people asking for it !, i'm not just confident enough.

Username: Mylo Xyloto
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Mylo Xyloto
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2; 15:00 - 22:00 (When school start) otherwise from
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I like Music n.n

Username: D4RR3N
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: D4RR3N
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, usually 5pm to 11pm on weekdays and pretty flexible on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing mons for a while now, pretty decent in DPP/BW, but ever since XY came out I find myself struggling at making good teams and winning games, so I figured I'd need help on that.

Dice agreed to tutor me, so requesting him if possible

Last edited:

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: FireMage
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: FireMage
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - I'm really flexible as in I can meet someone from pretty much any timezone.
Tell us a little about yourself: I host a lot of tours, but never find myself actually doing well playing in them. I play BW NU + LC so I have competitive experience.

note I've been skipped the past 2 times I've applied for a tutor. (Round 75/79)

Last edited:
Username: Millky95
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Millky95 on Showdown
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10 (Melbourne Australia but on Daylight Savings so maybe +11)
Tell us a little about yourself: I first started battling on and off in DP but wasn't good. Left Pokemon before BW but came back a few months before XY. Tried battling but I'm not that great at it. Looking to get better. I enjoy theatre work, long walks on the beach and pasta.

Username:Roxer123
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Roxer1234
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:My Timezone: GMT+/-3:00 / In american (New York time) time, i'm available at 1:00PM too 5:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU, XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Pls dont think i'm a first timer, I peaked around 1800 on Ubers, and i've played 20+ battles on XY OU, on XY Ubers i've played around 40+, since it's my favorite tier (No restrictions!YAY!), I tought it would be the same, but after my team got swept by a Talonflame and a Geomancy Xerneas, I think I need some advice in this new gen. Just saying, i defeated Sweep and Vileman, no hax. (My Pokemon competitive idols)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, i dont see why not.

Username: moonbase
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: moonbase
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I am decent at 5th gen ubers and 6th gen OU, but ubers happens to be something that I can't learn, and I would like to learn from one of the smogon masters, because my knowledge and general team building skills are bad here ATM

Username: Eika Chroma
Pokemon Showdown Username: Dichrome
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, usually available at 8PM-12MN on weekdays, usually whole day on weekends (no lifer here)
Tell us a little about yourself: Long time lurker here on quite a few fora, smogon included. I first came here when playing BW (I think it was one or two years ago?) but never got to registering, really. I just recently got Pokemon Y and a 3DS and well, I came back because it's actually easier now to IV breed (not that I tried to IV breed before) and started IV breeding and thinking what team I should make; which led to which mega I should use, and finally leading to "what do I actually need to prepare for", and a shitton of other questions only answerable with experience, so I played on Showdown to try out some stuff (I tried making a rain team, a sun team, and a random team of all kalos pokes). Surprise surprise, I sucked. Being all forum-shy and all, I tried then to lurk around, find the answers myself, but as with most beginners, experienced information overload. So I guess the best way to do this is to ask stuff from a more experienced person, right? Well, that's a 'why I joined'.
Fun stuff about myself, I dabble into stuff like art (pretty bad at it), math (I could call myself good at it), story writing (hey, we're all novelists in the inside), osu! and finally, Pokemon. I, like a lot of us, grew up with Pokemon and still hold it close to my heart (and devote a bit of brainpower to it as well). I mean, hey, I still have that muscle memory that Steel resists Dark. Forgetting that change gets annoying at times.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Well, I don't really know what this entails, but why not?

Why I should be tutored: Well, I'm not really special, but I guess I know all the basics, as in what EV's, IV's, Natures, Abilities, most moves and held items do, just lacking a lot on the experience side. I don't think I know much, and I'm really willing to learn, and maybe help with the community in ways that I can. Thanks for reading, and have a good day/night! :D

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Albus
Pokemon Showdown Username: Albus80
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, I'm almost always available on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Weekends, depending of the amount of college work i have to do.
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to be an above average competitive battler in the not-so-distant past, but after i started my universitary studies i left the competitive scene and became a casual player who got overly interested in trading and breeding, especially in the Wi-Fi subforum. Some time later i got involved in the Apprentice Program to "relearn" everything from the BW2 OU tier, which i successfully did thanks to my tutor Plus (Plus is an awesome tutor btw) but i couldn't finish the lessons due to time problems with college and finals. So, i'd like to learn ADV OU (a tier i have always wanted to learn) and also "learn" how to contribute to Smogon. Other than that, i'm a student of Informatic Systems' Administration in one of the "best" colleges in my country, i also love playing a lot of video games, and i love cats. :p
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yup.

Username: swhannell
Pokémon Online/Pokémon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pokémon Showdown (though happy to use other programs if need be).
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 6pm-12am (though I'm quite flexible with times as I am a student).
What tier do you want to learn?: XY VGC above all else (is that a tier? If not, whatever is closest to it), XY OU and XY Doubles (All the tiers are Pokébank). I know the basics, but what I need is someone to be my Yoda.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am currently studying at University and am in my final year. Pokémon Blue was the very first video game I played and I have been hooked ever since to the world that is Pokémon, buying every generation up to now. I have decided after a couple of years of wanting to to get more involved as a 'Pokémon trainer' (with Pokémon being my only real outlet). Recently I have been researching more and more about Pokémon and can now iv breed and ev train effectively, visiting many many sites and forums to learn more about Pokémon. My goal is to enter the VGC this year and hopefully not get my a**e handed to me. I want to above all else, want to be able to grow more into the Pokémon community as I feel I could one day soon help someone out as they have helped me. And once I say I'm going to do something, I do it.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, I don't see why not.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: Like I said, I'm very new to proper competitive battling, I really want to learn how to play Pokémon like a champ, to know what Pokémon go well with others and what kind of battle style suits me, I joined Smogon only recently but I don't think it should be a hindrance to my profile as I am a very fast learner. That being said, the main reason is this;

"Because I'm the hero Kalos deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

So you'll battle me... because I can take it. Because I'm not your hero. I'm a Silent Guardian...a Watchful Protector.

A Dark Knight... "

Last edited:
Username: Ogasian
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Facepalm
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, available 10:00 pm at the earliest
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I am pretty good at BW Ubers, (beaten some really good people before) but when I face people like Sweep, Polop, etc. the disparity in skill is noticeable D:<. I also dabble a little bit in LC. irl i'm pretty much a High school freshman that can't sleep at night.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah :]

Username: TRCarnivine
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TRCarnivine99
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +12, 10:00am - 10:00pm
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU / XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've lurked here for a couple of years before actually making an account recently, and I've been quite interested in contributing to the site in various ways, recently I've been doing some C&C work for OU analyses and the like, but I'm more interested in team building / prediction stuff than more theory based stuff if that makes sense. I understand about the metagame and information-based things but I'm not as good at applying them; whether it's within laddering where I seem to hover around 1900 or just battles in general. Team building in general I'd like to work on a bit. Aside from competitve battling, I am an avid Pokemon event collector, my rarest Pokemon events include a Wish Chansey from PCNY in 2003 on a Platinum game that I obtained from the person who got it themself, verifying its legitimacy. Outside of Pokemon I love playing the piano and have performed in front of crowds before. So yeah, that's me.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah, not too sure on what this is but I have a general idea, so yeah.

Last edited:

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Mr. Perry
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: Mr. Perry/Dr. Perry
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Every Day 19 to 21 PM (GMT -3), but this can change 'cuz I'm always playing on Android.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU/XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokémon since the first BW (on the true, I started to play when PO released their first BW's version), but I never became a player who need some special attention, I just played ~well~. I just couldn't learn the BW2 metagame, and when XY was release, I promised I will try to improve my Pokémon skill.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yep.

~Quickly~ Explanation: Well, I just made an account here, 'cuz everyone knows Smogon's players, and I just want to be one of then. But I'm starting to play Smogon Tournaments and I just wishing to be "someone" in competitive. I play just for sport, 'cuz Pokémon is a serious business and harder than chess n.n

Username: Kavatika
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Kavatika
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 (east coast US) on IRC most often midday during weekdays, but I check the forums frequently otherwise.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon for several years, since the ADV days in fact. Only until late DPP did I gain an interest in competitive mons. I started playing competitive seriously a few months after BW came out, and I've been into it ever since. After some time I joined the forums and got into the mentoring program. I was active for a month or two on IRC, but summer break came around, and I died for a while. Back in September last year I became active again and got back on IRC and started actually being known. I gained an interest in LC the week XY came out, and once Sneasel was banned I made a team and joined the fun. Since then I've fallen in love with the tier and the community, but I always felt my battling skills were not quite up to par. So I figured I'd join this round of b101. If it' worth anything, prem agreed to tutor me.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Last edited:

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
sername: chimpact
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: .....hello?
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST
Tell us a little about yourself: Just wanna do a lil collab'g to get some insight on how to build some XY teams :].
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)