2014 Music

2013 is over, let's ring in 2014.

This is a thread to discuss 2014's musical offerings. What releases are you looking forward to this year? Personally my most anticipated album has got to be St. Vincent's self-titled album, but I'm also looking forward to The Roots' & Then You Shoot Your Cousin and hopefully a new Vashti Bunyan album. Plus there's always the hope that The Avalanches will finally release their second album, à la My Bloody Valentine last year.

Over to you, fellow smogoners!

Note: to carry over the policy of the last thread, if you have any best of 2013 lists please post them in last year's thread rather than here. Cheers!

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alcest apparently has a new album coming out sometime soon (within the month or something).

Can't wait for St. Vincent's album as well! I'm also waiting for Phantogram and possibly Tokyo Police Club (unsure if it's ep or actual album).

new silver mt. zion hype

new young fathers, you blew it!, modern baseball and the sunn / ulver thing hype hype hype hype

maybe jay electronica will finally put something out too

also new mogwai already leaked and its kinda bad

The new Silver Mt Zion already leaked too
Lots of interesting names this year, from behemoth (and not only comebacks) to reknown indie acts. Based on the previous efforts, I hope Joanna Newsom and Swans will release new material by the end of the year. I'm also really curious about the next Owen Pallett, the Sufjan Stevens + Bryce Dessner + Nico Mulhy collab, and Frank Ocean.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
love seein how many others are about the st. vincent lifestyle. still regret not picking up a painting she drew for like $150 :( regretted it even more after hearin how good birth in reverse was (and then her concert in chicago is 18+ :( ). but yeah definitely my most anticipated release as well, loved all her previous released so i've got high hopes for this one

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm looking forward to the release of The Glitch Mob's second album, LOVE DEATH IMMORTALITY. "Can't Kill Us" is giving me a good feeling about the rest of LOVE DEATH IMMORTALITY, which I'm hoping will be better than Drink The Sea.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've heard that Modest Mouse is putting out a new album this year and I am excited

I'm looking forward to the release of The Glitch Mob's second album, LOVE DEATH IMMORTALITY. "Can't Kill Us" is giving me a good feeling about the rest of LOVE DEATH IMMORTALITY, which I'm hoping will be better than Drink The Sea.
yeah looking forward to that one too.

I've heard that Modest Mouse is putting out a new album this year and I am excited
produced by Big Boi, no less!

also Gem Club album on 1/28!!!!!

Nadja's album Queller was decent.

Suicidal Angels' album Divide and Conquer was pretty average, had some nice spots though.

Silversun Pickups' single Cannibal was nice.

I really enjoyed the new smz, probably my favorite thing of 2014 so far.
admittedly it's not as bad as i thought it was now that i've listened to a better rip and accepted that they're never going to be gybe or set fire to flames

kid cudi announced an ep for february. maybe it will be better than indicud who knows

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)