AGDQ 2014 Jan. 5th-11th - A Speedrun charity event for the Prevent Cancer Foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or are these estimates retarded? Yesterday the Tomb Raider 2 runner said that the lowest possible time he could get was 1:33:00, 12 minutes shorter than the estimate. Today, TriHex finished Yoshi's Island almost half an hour ahead of the estimate, and still considered that a bad job. Even if these are intentionally negative estimates, a lot of them still completely fail at being estimates.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I think they're worst case scenarioing so as to not wreck the schedule. Moving games up is a lot easier than moving them back

Controllerhead, the annoying Kirby speedrunner from Sunday, was banned from the event.

The only explanation I could find is on reddit. here's the full comment:

"lol at people who aren't here trying to say how what he did wasn't bad

I'm not gonna name any names because the kid is that fucking crazy... I'm actually nervous he would come after these people (you could probably guess them though) Here is what I saw/experienced:

My first interaction with controllerhead was when I was walking out of the elevator and he full on bumped into me. Whatever, maybe it was a mistake. Then he did it again in the casual room. I just assumed he was drunk (which was correct) and let it go. Then I talked to a friend who said he/she was essentially sexually harassed by him. He put his hand on her butt and said he was depressed because he/she wouldn't go into bed with him. He told he/she to go fuck off because of this.

Then, he was playing kirby on cyghfer's NES. He got mad at the game for whatever reason, and told me and another individual to look at what he was about to do. He said something like "look at the screen" and punched cyghfer's NES extremely hard. The screen turned to random pixels, and cyghfer's NES was now cracked (I think it is still working, but there is still no excuse to damage another's console for absolutely no reason).

Other than that, he has just been really creepy to people. He's been saying things that are completely insane, to the point where I think he is schizophrenic or has a very, very bad mental issue.

To sum up: he has sexually harassed an attendee, broke an attendee's console, and has been distracting to others for the entire marathon. If you think he got banned for saying "bitch" in his run you are dead fucking wrong.

Good riddance he is banned, but I really hope he gets help back home. This isn't something to laugh at, the kid seriously has problems."

Honestly, the dude was giving me a serial killer vibe during his run. Like, as soon as he started talking and doing stuff I thought of that Columbine kid. I thought it was just some random thing, but now that I'm seeing this, I'm actually kinda worried.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah man, it seems like half the runs I take the time to watch ere just completely pathetic.

Resident Evil 4 had such audio quality problems that the commentator sounded like the teacher from Peanuts.

Metal Gear Rising, holy fuck. What a pretentious douchebag. Does nothing but shit talk the game for the entire run in as snobby a manner as possible, when the shit he's saying isn't even accurate and he admits to not paying attention to the game itself. I was riffing his commentary with some friends and I pretended to break down the Denver scene in as pretentious and out of context a way as possible, and then 15 minutes later he practically repeated what I had said verbatim.

The last SGDQ was the first event of theirs I saw and it was waaaaaay more lighthearted and fun than this.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Which run was that? We couldn't actually stand to finish either of those.

Bioshock and Deus Ex at least were pretty nice.

The current one, Barkley Shut Up And Jam! Gaiden. Everyone left to eat pizza (aside from the runner, of course) and came back in under a minute.

And I didn't see the Deus Ex, but the Bioshock run was great.

Controllerhead, the annoying Kirby speedrunner from Sunday, was banned from the event.

The only explanation I could find is on reddit. here's the full comment:

"lol at people who aren't here trying to say how what he did wasn't bad

I'm not gonna name any names because the kid is that fucking crazy... I'm actually nervous he would come after these people (you could probably guess them though) Here is what I saw/experienced:

My first interaction with controllerhead was when I was walking out of the elevator and he full on bumped into me. Whatever, maybe it was a mistake. Then he did it again in the casual room. I just assumed he was drunk (which was correct) and let it go. Then I talked to a friend who said he/she was essentially sexually harassed by him. He put his hand on her butt and said he was depressed because he/she wouldn't go into bed with him. He told he/she to go fuck off because of this.

Then, he was playing kirby on cyghfer's NES. He got mad at the game for whatever reason, and told me and another individual to look at what he was about to do. He said something like "look at the screen" and punched cyghfer's NES extremely hard. The screen turned to random pixels, and cyghfer's NES was now cracked (I think it is still working, but there is still no excuse to damage another's console for absolutely no reason).

Other than that, he has just been really creepy to people. He's been saying things that are completely insane, to the point where I think he is schizophrenic or has a very, very bad mental issue.

To sum up: he has sexually harassed an attendee, broke an attendee's console, and has been distracting to others for the entire marathon. If you think he got banned for saying "bitch" in his run you are dead fucking wrong.

Good riddance he is banned, but I really hope he gets help back home. This isn't something to laugh at, the kid seriously has problems."

Honestly, the dude was giving me a serial killer vibe during his run. Like, as soon as he started talking and doing stuff I thought of that Columbine kid. I thought it was just some random thing, but now that I'm seeing this, I'm actually kinda worried.
Man that runner was weird from the start. The second he started laughing i knew something was wrong. Hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha. Then he just started saying random things at random times.

Pac-Man 2 was funny, but I'm kinda upset that it wasn't actually speedran. Actually, it was the opposite, where they took the longest routes possible to show off the game. It took over an hour when it should've been sub-20.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Showing off more game shows off more speed run strats. This is generally why I like things like all-temples or 100% more than any%.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Who else is excited for the super metroid race tomorrow? I always love playthroughs of it, it's like a work of art. Everyone remember to donate to save the animals :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)