The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I dunno about you but some of the first people I'd look to for advice, as a major front office figure of an NFL team, would be John Johnson's Facebook page and XBILLSXFANATIC1969's Twitter.

Maybe that's why I don't own an NFL team. It could also be because I don't have billions of dollars though.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I dunno about you but some of the first people I'd look to for advice, as a major front office figure of an NFL team, would be John Johnson's Facebook page and XBILLSXFANATIC1969's Twitter.

Maybe that's why I don't own an NFL team. It could also be because I don't have billions of dollars though.
It wouldn't work out well for you MrE, your luck is too bad :x

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Marques Lolston...
Legitimately the worst football play I have ever seen hands down bar none. I don't know if he was going for a music city miracle type thing, but if he had just stepped out of bounds the Saints would have ~5-6 seconds for a hail mary.

In other news, Blount is rolling :V

The announcers just don't get it here. The reason the pats' punter raised the ball up was so he could throw it, get an incompletion, and turn the ball over on downs at the line of scrimmage (around midfield) instead of their own 3.

Or he just panicked, hell if I know

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The announcers just don't get it here. The reason the pats' punter raised the ball up was so he could throw it, get an incompletion, and turn the ball over on downs at the line of scrimmage (around midfield) instead of their own 3.

he tried to run it, but got blasted which raised his arms and knocked it loose. i don't think the motion was in any way throwing.

Yeah the announcers were wondering why he didn't just fall on it, I guess I don't know what was going through his mind but going for the incompletion would have been the best way to deal with it, if it had actually worked.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
lmao @ the Saints yet again THE BEAST too strong

#27 waves his hand and calls at #6, who grabs the ball and stands up, only to realize the entire Colts team is coming for him. He then looks to the left and tries to toss the ball up and left to #27, but it is batted down by #61 into the end zone, resulting in a safety (2 points) and the Colts failing to score a TD/FG on their drive.
the punter is clearly panicking but his choice was probably the least harmful for his team.

Legitimately the worst football play I have ever seen hands down bar none. I don't know if he was going for a music city miracle type thing, but if he had just stepped out of bounds the Saints would have ~5-6 seconds for a hail mary.
It was fucking incredible. Only worse thing is running wrong way for a TD, nothing else I have ever seen is comparable. This is a week after the greatest play I have seen (the vertical fumble that inexplicably bounced 9-10 yards off a shoulder pad back to Luck for a TD last week). Super entertaining playoffs. Historic level of super weird broken plays so far.

I was really fucking confused by the announcers, the way they repeated themselves over and over like he definitively did the wrong thing....what is wrong with eating 2 points instead of 3 or 7? So fucking confused.

Even if the expected value of an extra Colts possession is like 1.5 points or something in addition to the 2 pionts, the expected value of the being at the 2 yard line with such a good TD chance w/99% likely to hit FG as alternative has to be higher than that. The announcers repeated themselves like four fucking times though, it was really bizarre...especially when they had to basically have a guy come back and as far as I can tell clear up that there was absolutely nothing wrong with taking the safety. So what the fuck were the announcers ranting about lol??

I mean the one thing I could see is if the way he coughed it up led to a TD, that would be terrible, but the announcers seemed to think the safety was the mistake.

Well, the games themselves have been amazing for the most part, but the teams winning haven't been very shocking at all unlike the past few years. Unless the Chargers win, there were no remotely exciting upsets this year, because Panthers/49ers is pretty much 50/50 to me.

The pros before the game said Blount was going to be huuuuuge in this game, what a call.

Really enjoyed these playoffs so far tbh

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I thought the Colston play might've been a good call, after all Seattle expects you to go out of bounds but SURPRISE THROW ACROSS THE FIELD TO SOME DUDE YOU STARTED IGNORING AND TOUCHDOOOOOOOOWN!!! But you kinda can't throw the ball forward... *ahem*

Lynch should've went down at the 1 anyway!

I'm not sure what was funnier, the leapfrog or Cam's flop.

Both these teams are just painful to watch right now, though. Panthers' playcalling in the red zone is atrocious, Boldin and Harbaugh are bitches like usual, and Kaep keeps getting bailed out by his awesome WRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)