Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
  1. Operating system: Mac OS X 10.7.5
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it): Firefox
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?: Have not tried other browsers
  4. When did this problem start?: Has been occuring for a few months now
  5. Your PS username: MCBarrett
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.): For some reason, when I am at school, I am only able to connect to the Main Server of PS, any other servers give me the 'Unable To Connect' message. It doesn't occur while I'm at home so I'm not really sure what the problem is.

1. Operating system: Windows 7
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it): Aroura
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?: chrome /firefox fullbuild
  4. When did this problem start?: Has been occuring for a few months now
  5. Your PS username: dont have one
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.): have not been able to connect to server for a long while always get this when trying to make a account. This server is requesting an invalid login key. This probably means that either the server is set up incorrectly, or you are banned. cant be banned because i dont talk beyond hellos and gg's.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
I keep getting this Due to high load, you are limited to 6 battles every 3 minutes can you please help me
The issue here is you are limited to 6 battles every 3 minutes, you shouldn't realistically be able to achieve this without doubling up on battles, in which case i advise you not to do that.

If you are getting this because of a bug then please reply with more information

1. Windows 7
2. The downloadable web client
3. The problem isn't an issue with any web browsers, just the client
4. Somewhat recently, past day or so
5. Jeid Bloodlust
6. For some unknown reason, I haven't been able to get the music to work at all recently. I have checked to make sure that no sounds were muted on either smogon through itself and windows, and have tried to change the percentage for music to make it work. I know that the sound is working cause I have heard all the cries that the game has, but I still can't get the music to play. It works fine when I use the application through a web browser, but I would prefer to use the client.

The "Play" and "Play online" buttons on the homepage redirect me to: http://pokemonshowdown.com/autodownload/win (1st link)
Manually typing play.pokemonshowdown.com redirects me to above link
Clicking on link "http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/" redirects me to the homepage
Manually typing in "http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/" redirects me to the first link
Clicking link and typing manually http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/teambuilder redirects to first link

1. Windows 7
2. Internet Explorer 9
3. Firefox and Safari works fine
4. Not sure, i switched computers yesterday and havnt been able to use it on internet explorer on this computer
5. Im Aries

Last edited:
  1. Operating system
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it)
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?
  4. When did this problem start?
  5. Your PS username
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).
1) Windows 7
2) Google Chrome
3) Just the downloadable version of PS ad Chrome
4) a few weeks ago...I don't play much as I'm in college
5) Internet Tough Guy
6) My problem is the fact that every time I try to connect to showdown on Chrome or on the program itself...it'll load almost everything but say "Couldn't connect to server!" in red. Yeah any help would be appreciated

1. Windows 7
2. The downloadable web client
3. The problem isn't an issue with any web browsers, just the client
4. Somewhat recently, past day or so
5. Jeid Bloodlust
6. For some unknown reason, I haven't been able to get the music to work at all recently. I have checked to make sure that no sounds were muted on either smogon through itself and windows, and have tried to change the percentage for music to make it work. I know that the sound is working cause I have heard all the cries that the game has, but I still can't get the music to play. It works fine when I use the application through a web browser, but I would prefer to use the client.
I've been having this exact issue for a good while now. Kinda bugs me, cause I wanna hear the XY music and prefer to use the client as well.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Operating System: Mac OS X Mavericks
Web Browser: Opera
Version: 19.0
When did this start? Just now.
Username: Pikachuun
The problem:

This says the server's currently offline, but the server automatically updates as if it was online. I cannot login at all. I can only lurk. Well now I know why they call it Always Online technology...

EDIT: I can login, but I have to wait a bit before it does log me in, apparently.

1. Windows 7
2. Chrome
3. Just chrome
4. 2-3 weeks ago
5. jacob1007
6. Whenever I try to play pokemon showdown, ill click on play online and everything loads for a few seconds but all the windows and content that allows me to play just disappear. I'm basically left staring at the wallpaper. I seem to be the only one having this issue but I don't know if it's a problem with showdown itself, my computer or internet. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Yay more issues ._.

Operating System: Mac OS X Mavericks
Web Browser: Opera and Chrome
Version: 19.0 (I don't know chrome's version number)
When did this start? A few hours ago.
Username: Pikachuun
The problem:

Yup. When I go to the teambuilder and type in whatever, it won't update. This is only for Pokemon, and not for Items/Moves/Abilities, which update as normal. Clicking on a Pokemon causes the Chansey, in this case, to become that Pokemon without any issues. I'll be checking my computer for malware, because this definitely isn't a server-wide issue, but seems like a computer issue.

1. Operating system: Windows 8
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it): Firefox (not sure what version, i downloaded it recently
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?: I have also tried IE9 and Googcle Chrome as well
  4. When did this problem start?: Approx. a month ago
  5. Your PS username: Jiro Uchiha
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.): I have been unable to load/log on to showdown, regardless of what server or room, for a month now. I have sat staring at the screen for over an hour, and no message appears at all, whether an error or a unable to connect to server message.
  7. I only care because I'm an approved cloner in the POkemon Trading room, (THough, with genners, i dont see how that matters T.T) and i wanted to get back to cloning, and, the showdown community in that room is much more welcoming than the PO community.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
  1. Windows 7
  2. Firefox Aurora 29.0a2
  3. Haven't tried other Browsers
  4. Like a week ago
  5. Altilt
  6. After the PS tab has been open for a while (20+ minutes maybe), I get intense browser lag by clicking on any links or joining any games (except my own). The browser freezes for up to like 15 seconds before actually taking me to the page or battle. The lag gets worse and worse the longer the tab stays open. Closing the tab and rejoining PS on a new one fixes the lag, but I'd rather be completely free of this problem. The lag kicks up sooner if I already have a high-strain item on my browser like a stream, but will always occur eventually regardless if I have anything else running or not.

1. Operating system: Windows 8
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it): Google Chrome current version
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?: Firefox, IE9
  4. When did this problem start?: 2-3 weeks ago
  5. Your PS username: Unibrow
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.): Havent been able to log in to any server on this computer for awhile now (Cant sign in, edit teams, chat doesnt load etc.). It works fine on my laptop with windows 7 however, so im guessing its just a windows 8 error.

Please include the following information in your question:
  1. Operating system : Windows 8

2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it) : Chrome

3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? : Firefox

4. When did this problem start? : Maybe a week?

5. Your PS username : Grazzit

6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.). : When ever I am on the team builder for some reason there is always immense lag when looking for pokemon, items, moves, abilities.

Please include the following information in your question:
  1. Operating system : Mac Os X Version 10.7.5
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it) : Safari Version 6.0.5
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? : Firefox, Chrome, and the PS app
  4. When did this problem start? : About 5 days ago
  5. Your PS username : lovemathboy
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.). : I cannot access ANY pokemonshowdown related websites, as in it just will not load. This probably has to do with my internet as it works perfectly at other people's house, but I have no idea what is wrong with my internet. This problem also happens with various other websites like quizlet.

Hi, I created a forums account just for this, I've been having some issues using Showdown at all lately. I load up the page and on the right side, where all of the chat rooms would normally be, all it says is "Loading..." I've left it there for an hour+, and it still hasn't done anything. Then I think I'll just try looking for a battle anyway, and when I go to log in, it won't let me. No matter what name I pick, it'll still not register and log me in (it detects if names are already registered too). I would really appreciate the help if someone could give it to me, here is my information:

Browser: Google Chrome.
Other Browsers: Internet Explorer.
Problem Started: About a week ago.
PS! Username: Slurptastic.
Problem: Stated above.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of what my page looks like.
http://prntscr.com/32mr86

1. Window 7, 8
  2. Firefox latest update
  3. Tried with IE, still the same
  4. About a month ago but not as frequent as these last two weeks
  5. Test Dragon
  6. Basically the screen appears but the lobby section takes forever to load (and eventually says server is probably resetting and relogs again). What is worse is sometimes everything loads correctly, and I start a random battle to test the connection, but right after a turn or two the sim no longer accepts my commands and whatever I type into the chat doesn't show (the chat goes on to display other comments) and I usually time out after trying to cancel and reclick my moves over and over. This doesn't happen on other smogon servers such as the tour one so I dunno.
Edit: Appreciate any help cause I need to do alot of testing laddering atm, thanks!

Last edited:

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
  1. Mac OS X Maverics
  2. Google Chrome Version 33.0.1750.117
  3. This is an issue I'm running into on the client.
  4. About 6 hours ago.
  5. Krauersaut.
The problem is that all day, I've been attempting to receive or accept challenges, and have been unable to do so... would love a little help <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)