Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Genesect OU this gen when it was in Ubers last gen? Is it because of the steel type nerf? I'm asking because I see a lot of Genesects in OU (2nd in usage I believe) and I think it's kind of broken.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why is Genesect OU this gen when it was in Ubers last gen? Is it because of the steel type nerf? I'm asking because I see a lot of Genesects in OU (2nd in usage I believe) and I think it's kind of broken.
They unbanned lots of ubers to see if they fit into this meta and are not broken. So far a couple have been, e.g. landorus, manaphy (mainly because of weather nerf) but genesect is definately broken and it shold go to ubers right after megaluke does, imo

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
How "close" is Mega Venusuar to being uber? People on TV Tropes seem to think that he (along with Mega Aggron, lol) are ban worthy, and I need know for when I give my reason for editing the Characters/Game Breakers page there.

They unbanned lots of ubers to see if they fit into this meta and are not broken. So far a couple have been, e.g. landorus, manaphy (mainly because of weather nerf) but genesect is definately broken and it shold go to ubers right after megaluke does, imo
Thanks for answering. Speaking of Mega Luke, how likely is it that it would go into Ubers? It's pretty powerful, sure, but I don't think it's as broken as Mega Kanga, Mega Gengar, and Mega Blaziken to warrant a ban. Is there a discussion thread about it somewhere?

haunter

Banned deucer.
There is no discussion thread on M-Lucario's tiering, nor there should be one until the OU council officially approves it. As for the last 2 questions:
1) Genesect will certainly get suspect tested as soon as possible;
2) Mega-Venusaur is not going to be suspect tested in the foreseeable future.

Sup guys, I was wondering if I can get help here with 3 sets: Calm Roserade, Timid Roserade, and Calm Meloetta.

Do these look good?

Roserades
Calm - 252 HP/252 SpDef/4 SpAtk @ Black Sludge
Giga Drain/Leech Seed/Sludge Bomb/Toxic Spikes (should I put Aromatherapy here somewhere, maybe over Seed?)

Timid - 252 SpAtk/4 SpDef/252 Speed @ Lum Berry (maybe Choice Scarf?)
Sleep Powder/Rest/Sludge Bomb/Leaf Storm

Are these my best bets? Is Aromatherapy something I should use over in the defensive set?

Meloetta
252 Hp/252 SpDef/4 SpAtk @ Leftovers
Calm Mind
Substitute
Psychic
Thunderbolt/Dazzling Gleam

That look good? Do I need to run more spatk or speed?
Which move should I use for the last slot?
Is TWave any good for it?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
I know this is gonna get me killed...
what is Starmie's current tier placement for gen six?
It is still OU, although it took quite a hit in terms of viability mostly because of Defog, more Ghosts and even more Rotom-W. It is still the fastest Rapid Spinner but most teams prefer Excadrill as a spinner since it can beat almost every spinblocker something Starmie struggles with this Gen.

It is still OU, although it took quite a hit in terms of viability mostly because of Defog, more Ghosts and even more Rotom-W. It is still the fastest Rapid Spinner but most teams prefer Excadrill as a spinner since it can beat almost every spinblocker something Starmie struggles with this Gen.
thanks for answering my question

Does anyone know how to breed for hidden power this generation? I really need a Bulbasaur with HP Fire...
Very, very patiently. :P

Your IVs will need to be 31/even/31/30/31/30, which is frustrating, because you have to manually check the 30 each time in the Battle Institute or something. You also have to get that even Attack EV, making it go twice as slowly.

If you want to use Earthquake on it too, good luck getting a 31/30/31/30/31/30.

Question: Can you start EV training a Pokémon that you catch from Friend Safari instead of breeding it to lv 1? I caught a Jolly Gabite, level 30, and wanted to know if I could just EV train it from here. Or does it have some EV's already?

Question: Can you start EV training a Pokémon that you catch from Friend Safari instead of breeding it to lv 1? I caught a Jolly Gabite, level 30, and wanted to know if I could just EV train it from here. Or does it have some EV's already?
Freshly caught Pokemon have no EVs, and you can just EV it from there. It is recommended, however, to breed a good one first.

Freshly caught Pokemon have no EVs, and you can just EV it from there. It is recommended, however, to breed a good one first.
Well, it has the nature I want & the judge said it had superior stats, which included good attack IV's & max Sp. Def IV's. What would be a "good" one?

Well, it has the nature I want & the judge said it had superior stats, which included good attack IV's & max Sp. Def IV's. What would be a "good" one?
Perfect IVs in everything ideally.

For that particular Garchomp you want, all you really need is 31/31/31/x/31/31.

How do evasion/accuracy calculation work? For example, it is said that DEFOG lowers opponent evasion by one stage. How is that calculated? If I use Defog once, will Stone Edge hit 100% all the time now?

I don't even know how to get 5 31's.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/breeding-perfect-pokemon-in-pokemon-x-y.3491104/

How do evasion/accuracy calculation work? For example, it is said that DEFOG lowers opponent evasion by one stage. How is that calculated? If I use Defog once, will Stone Edge hit 100% all the time now?
Evasion modifier stages:

+6: x0.33 Acuraccy
+5: x0.375 Accuracy
+4: x0.43 Accuracy
+3: x0.5 Accuracy
+2: x0.6 Accuracy
+1: x0.75 Accuracy
0: normal Accuracy
-1: x1.33 Accuracy
-2: x1.67 Accuracy
-3: x2 Accuracy
-4: x2.33 Accuracy
-5: x2.67 Accuracy
-6: 3x Accuracy

Accuracy stages are that but in reverse.

wth is goodstuffs?
A goodstuffs team is a team with a variety of Pokemon, in general.

Evasion modifier stages:

+6: x0.33 Acuraccy
+5: x0.375 Accuracy
+4: x0.43 Accuracy
+3: x0.5 Accuracy
+2: x0.6 Accuracy
+1: x0.75 Accuracy
0: normal Accuracy
-1: x1.33 Accuracy
-2: x1.67 Accuracy
-3: x2 Accuracy
-4: x2.33 Accuracy
-5: x2.67 Accuracy
-6: 3x Accuracy

Accuracy stages are that but in reverse.
Ok, so 1 DEFOG will make Stone Edge hit 100% and Focus Blast around 93%?
Stone Edge = (80%*1.33)>100%
Focus Blast = (70%*1.33) = 93.1%

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
whats a good spread for AV Torn-t? I'm using Knock off/U turn/heat wave/hurricane
I've used Torn-T before and the spread I used was this: 96 HP/160 SpA/216 Speed/38 SpD Timid. The speed is just enough to outspeed +1 Tyranitar, enough bulk to avoid the 2HKO from +0 Gensect's Ice Beam/t-bolt, 160 SpA for power (although you could go for more, tbh it's a bit weak and i'm not sure it even OHKOs Lucario or Keldeo with Heat Wave/Hurricane, I forgot) and the rest dumped in HP. The resulting HP is an odd number so it take 24% from Stealth Rock. credit for the spread goes to alexwolf

What is Rotom-W's main counter?
Gastrodon, Lati@s, Chansey/Blissey, and almost every single grass-type in existence.

How viable is Arcanine in OU? I've been using him as a physical staller and trapper of some sorts, and has worked pretty well for me. It can trap threats with Fire Spin, phaze out set-up sweepers with Roar, recover HP with Morning Sun, and can even take Earthquakes and Stone Edges as well as unboosted Aqua Jets at -1 from Intimidate and Will-O-Wisp. I realize it's been compared to Entei a lot, but Intimidate has a very noticable difference when running a defensive set.

This is all from experience though. I don't know how to do the calculations you guys run, can someone do the numbers for me?

Here's the set I use for reference.

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Roar
- Fire Spin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)