Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder!

I like the "you mean," comment right before the Dream Eater player forfeited. =P
Also...
So, at long last, it's time for I Don't Believe This Thing Exists Episode 3!

Just as a quick note, Taunt Gyarados is a legit threat. It shouldn't ever stay in on Rotom-W (that's akin to saying "I hate this Gyarados I want it gone now,") but it can be used to good effect by good players. In comparison, Taunt Skarmory is also a thing, and he's only got Base 70 Speed. While faster Taunts are preferable, slower mons may have their uses for them.

The more you know! =D

I wish I'd saved the replay of this, but I forgot to because of being in a rush to play a tourney game I had scheduled today. I played a game a little while ago that went a little something like this:

Turn 1: I led with Ttar, him with Quagsire. I set up SR as he Toxics me.
Turn 2: I switch to Skarmory as he sets up a Curse with Quagsire.
Turn 3: He tries to Recover but fails because I set up Spikes instead of attacking.

For whatever reason, the guy forfeited right then and there with no explanation or warning.

I Don't Believe This Thing Exists Episode 4!

I'm done for now.

Last edited:
At first, I didn't see what the big deal was. Coil + Zap Cannon is actually kinda clever. But as the match went on... Wow, neither of those guys knew what they were doing.

"Scizor used Fury Cutter!" (On a Ferrothorn... whose user had a Volcarona and wasn't switching the darned thing in. And the Scizor wasted its time getting up to 4x Attack first, even though it was getting the life sucked out of it by Leech Seed and the Ferrothorn happily set up Stealth Rock and then ineffectually whaled on it with Gyro Ball and Power Whip. Wow. Just... Wow. That was the highlight of the match right there.)
Oh, and after the Scizor fainted, he brought in Kyurem-B and used Outrage. On the frickin' Ferrothorn. Needless to say, Kyurem-B fainted shortly after Ferrothorn did.
There was also a part where Ferrothorn used Gyro Ball under Trick Room. What. (This was before the Scizor came in, by the way.)

See, as much as I like the idea of Metronome, I never use it that much anymore. It's just not as good as it used to be because it has too many options to choose from, which means the chances of it picking a move that will actually be helpful for your situation are very, very slim.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-77050434

Quick Claw Smeargle
Ninjask Baton Pass to Ditto?
Using Fire moves on a Heatran
...Wow. There are no words.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)