Smogon Premier League V - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be fair no one in their right mind would allow a rematch in spl and youngjake did what's best for his team. this is pretty ridiculous bitching over something that should be turned on by default (TIMER)

and yeah if you're playing ignore specs by default. absolutely nothing is worth reading from the spectator side
Even ShakeItUp gave Fakes a replay during the semis of World Cup when Fakes forgot drought. What the hell are you talking about? Taking a win by timeout is pathetic.

Even ShakeItUp gave Fakes a replay during the semis of World Cup when Fakes forgot drought. What the hell are you talking about?
smh don't describe a situation you don't know anything about
I wanted to take a win but the entire team besides like CTC wanted to give him a rematch despite me vehemently rejecting his request for one. Here's proof: [20:57:07] <@BKC> we forced shake to rematch because we didnt want to win by being fucking (BAN ME PLEASE)s
Anyway if this man youngjake93 wants to take a timeout win, then so be it o.o

Finally some drama..!

My modest opinion:

R Inanimate: There's a reason there's a timer rule mang, if you didn't notice it then sure as fuck those teammates of yours who spammed these last 2 pages with bitching noticed it. They could've warned you.

Youngjake93: you're a fucking pussy.

I wanted to take a win but the entire team besides like CTC wanted to give him a rematch despite me vehemently rejecting his request for one. Here's proof: [20:57:07] <@BKC> we forced shake to rematch because we didnt want to win by being fucking (BAN ME PLEASE)s
CTC said you chose to do the rematch when he was against it so whatever.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Shake is both classless and too much of a pussy to stand up to his teammates and take the win.

Tact - noun \ˈtakt\
: the ability to do or say things without offending or upsetting other people

Not really a fan of getting involved in things like this, but good lord, this is ridiculous. I'm won't claim to really understand people, in fact I'm just about as socially awkward and introverted as they come, but how can things like this even happen? This transcends beyond simple boar-headedness and insensitivity, it's pure inability to respond civilly. From what I can gather, this whole thing could have been as simple as:

youngjake93: "Won, gg. Sorry to Randy / R Inanimate for having to take the win this way, but I have to go by the rules here, and I have to consider what's in my team's best interest."

R Inanimate: "Lost, gg, sorry team. I'm a little upset that I had to lose like that, but there's nothing that can be done."

Simple exchange: the players state for sake of record the status of the game, trades sentiments at the negative conclusion, and move on. No need for any further explanations, justifications of the outcome (whether they're meant for the community, the opponent, or even yourself), or flaming of any kind. Sure, it isn't the ideal situation, and I can only imagine one or more people are a bit salty afterwards, but trading passive-aggressive words over a Pokemon forum isn't going to do anything about that now; it's literally in everyone's best interest that both players just move on from the get-go, saves a ton of time on bandwagoning and other pointless bickering. I guess it probably isn't fair for me, a person that isn't exposed the pressure of playing in this tourney, to say this so casually, but I'm finding it really hard to believe that it's enough to make a little long-term thinking and proper etiquette too much to ask for. This isn't even fun drama, it's basically the equivalent of a playground disagreement, and I'd like to think we here at Smogon are one, maybe two steps above that.

You honestly have no idea how much I hate this soapbox bullshit, especially when things don't even directly affect me, but someone really had to do it :[

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
without the bitching, this game would be no fun and this tournament would be just as boring. it's a nice thought though, col49.

anyone else getting tired of the classiest players supporting youngjake93 and the crys' players raking on him? no bias please. put yourself in the other person's shoes before you judge

Aqualouis

^ Sport de raquette + Service pas rattrapé
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah im pretty sure Randy needs to be ghosted in Doubles, especially when we didn't even know his team because he didn't even pastebin it. Things would have been much much easier if we had a Pastebin :)

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
yea things would be better if you had a pastebin. things like bringing a hail team with nidoqueen and your opponent brings a guts banded heracross, two other fighting mons, chandelure, bronzong, and meloetta. always remember to pastebin your team before you play. there never no rats lurking in your team's chat room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)