Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Stealth Rock and Endeavor being unobtainable ingame for Infernape, what would be a good 4th move for an Anti-lead set? I'm thinking Mach Punch to give it another priority aside from the one-time use Fake Out, but are there better options?
I'm assuming you're looking at something along the lines of Fake Out/Close Combat/Taunt for the first three moves, so I'd suggest U-Turn and Fire Punch/Flare Blitz as possible fourth moves.

On a a Kyurem-B missing Earth Power, what would be the best third attack alongside Fusion Bolt and Ice Beam on a Substitute set in terms of coverage?

How do I explain this? I have a Absol with an Egg Move (Rough Play). Is it pcssivle to use that Absol with the egg move to pass down the move while breeding with a Ditto? If that makes sense

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How do I explain this? I have a Absol with an Egg Move (Rough Play). Is it pcssivle to use that Absol with the egg move to pass down the move while breeding with a Ditto? If that makes sense
yes, if absol has an egg move, it will pass it down if bred with a ditto, doesn't matter if it's male or female.

On a a Kyurem-B missing Earth Power, what would be the best third attack alongside Fusion Bolt and Ice Beam on a Substitute set in terms of coverage?
why not use earth power? you can't get past heatran/rotom-w otherwise.

Should I wait for flame body Moltres to be released if I want to use a defensive set on cartridge, or is pressure just as viable?

This might be too vague of a question, but here goes: Has anyone noticed any major differences in metagame trends between playing on the simulator and playing on wifi? I suspect there are certain things that are popular here which may not be popular elsewhere, and I'm trying to get a sense of what those might be.

ok then. im using an attack based crobat. i think i got all the moves down except in one slot.

crobat Black Sludge
adamant
.brave bird
.cross poison
.u-turn
.roost/taunt/torment/defog

which move should i use for tht last slot. i wanna use roost if i take to much damage from recoil but i have black sludge to heal me. i want to use taunt because it can block screeners and sword dancers but then i wont have any room for the other moves. i wanna use torment because i can stall more and make it harder for the enemy to kill me. and i want to use defog to pave the way for pokes that use moves with low acc and cripple dem screeers.

i got no idea so i would aprecite it if you would respond quick thxs

Best EVs for Life orb Talon Flame?

252 for atk is mandatory, but i'm not sure about the rest... should i a few for HP or all for SPE?

252 for atk is mandatory, but i'm not sure about the rest... should i a few for HP or all for SPE?
hey nice first post btw
i think it would be best to put it on speed and put the the last 4 on hp. if ur using life orb talonflame, ur prob just asking for a 1-2HKO so just focus on speed. if you want to, u can do 128 for both defense and sp defense but ur prob gunna die either way in 2-3HKO so just make a speedy attack with speed EVs

hey nice first post btw
i think it would be best to put it on speed and put the the last 4 on hp. if ur using life orb talonflame, ur prob just asking for a 1-2HKO so just focus on speed. if you want to, u can do 128 for both defense and sp defense but ur prob gunna die either way in 2-3HKO so just make a speedy attack with speed EVs
No, no, no. You want enough speed to outspeed base 105's, at least. Then you need to put some bulk in.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.

You'll want a spread of 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe. Outruns everything up to Jolly Mega Pinsir, You can tweak the EVs to speed creep Mega Lucario & Thundurus-I

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Don't use Life Orb on Talonflame.. just don't. Either go Choice Band(best item on it), Leftovers, or SharpBeak. Life Orb's recoil is just too much. As for the EVs, a personal preference of mine is 252 atk/4 def/252 spe adamant.

hey nice first post btw
don't put the 4 remaining EVs into HP for talonflame. that will make its HP an even number and therefore it will be killed if it switches into SR twice. always put the 4 remaining in either def or spdef.

Don't use Life Orb on Talonflame.. just don't. Either go Choice Band(best item on it), Leftovers, or SharpBeak. Life Orb's recoil is just too much. As for the EVs, a personal preference of mine is 252 atk/4 def/252 spe adamant.
But if you use CB you'll most likely won't be getting Swords Dance... i was trying to make TF a life orb user because i already have a CB user in my team.

I have a Mixed Aegislash (shadow ball, shadow sneak, iron head, sacred sword. Quiet) a Lifeorb Latios, Mega Lucario, and Rotom W

So based on that what EV's should I run on Rotom? I've seen specially defensive sets I've seen modest 232 hp 56spa 220 speed etc etc but I'm just clueless

And then I'm completely at loss for my last two pokemon. I would assume I would make them 2 walls unless I'm making rotom a wall in which case idk. Heeelp

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have a Mixed Aegislash (shadow ball, shadow sneak, iron head, sacred sword. Quiet) a Lifeorb Latios, Mega Lucario, and Rotom W

So based on that what EV's should I run on Rotom? I've seen specially defensive sets I've seen modest 232 hp 56spa 220 speed etc etc but I'm just clueless

And then I'm completely at loss for my last two pokemon. I would assume I would make them 2 walls unless I'm making rotom a wall in which case idk. Heeelp
Rotom-W should probably be physically defensive in this metagame imo, a lot of the important Pokemon that Rotom-W is used to check in this metagame all happen to be physical Pokemon (Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, Landorus-T, Azumarill, and Mamoswine are some examples), so investing in Rotom-W's physical defense makes lets it check these Pokemon as effectively as possible, and get worn down a bit less quickly

hope i helped!

Rotom-W should probably be physically defensive in this metagame imo, a lot of the important Pokemon that Rotom-W is used to check in this metagame all happen to be physical Pokemon (Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, Landorus-T, Azumarill, and Mamoswine are some examples), so investing in Rotom-W's physical defense makes lets it check these Pokemon as effectively as possible, and get worn down a bit less quickly

hope i helped!
Hmm so then that covers a physical wall, what would be a good defensive partner for him (specially defensive that is). And that would leave me with 1 spot to do what with :0? Hazards? Idk

Btw yes you're a massive help

I'm new to competitive pokemon in general so I'm still learning c:

Is Cinccino any good with Iron Tail (fairies), Baby-Doll Eyes, or Encore? Thinking something like:

Rock Blast
Bullet Seed
Tail Slap
Baby Doll Eyes/Encore/U-Turn/Iron Tail/Aqua Tail

Help please.

A few questions,

1. Are any of the Dream Radar Genies Viable enough that I should bother getting perfect IV's?

2. If I want a competitive level Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yvetal, Zygarde of legendary bird what kind of IV's should I look for?

Thank you!

I plan on running a Rotom-W/Scizor VoltTurn core, and here's what I have thus far:

Rotom-W
Bold/Timid/Modest@Leftovers/Choice Specs
EVs TBD, dependent on set
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split/Trick

Scizor
Adamant/Careful@Life Orb/Scizornite(that depends on my team however)
EVs TBD
U-Turn
Knock Off/Bullet Punch
Defog
Roost

Two questions:
1. What are the optimal EV spreads for each? I have done a small amount of testing, but I'm sure there are better ideas.
2. Is a physically defensive set better than the Trick set on Rotom? I like the idea of the extra bulk, but crippling a wall/supprt mon is nice too.
3. Is Knock Off and Defog even available on Scizor? I thought KO was a tutor move...

Is Switcheroo or Defog any good on Archeops or is it still best to run all offense?
Any new moves and toys archeops can use this gen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)