Unofficial UUs (Read Post #13) (don't post bugs here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Is there a ranking cut-off used to determine the statistics for what pokemon constitute OU? Like, only usage statistics for rankings of 1850+ on the ladder will be used to determine tiers?

I ask because the placement of certain pokemon in either OU or UU suggest otherwise.
The "normal" stats are used not the 1850s, although the normal stats are weigthed in a sense that a player with a higher ranking influences them more than a low ranked player.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
I know it's a bit off topic and controversial but.. might it be a better idea for using weighted stats than general usage?

Take this hypothetical situation which, since I haven't played outside of ubers really in XY much, I don't know how sensible it is but

Say in a years time that charizard is not a fantastic pokemon, but it still gets about 4% on the OU ladder. Let's say though that in 1850 stats it gets only around 1%. No-one would deny it would be valid in OU, however a significant contribution may be from people who merely use it because charizard fanboys (and iirc last gen it was achieving reasonable usage stats in OU and especially ubers given that sort of reason). It might become a pokemon that would be perfectly valid in UU but still deserving usage in OU, such as say porygon2 in last gen's UU, which in this example was clearly not broken. However, in this case charizard would be stuck in OU because of the sheer weight of poor players using it on the ladder, combined with a small but significant (but say only 1-2%) portion of good players legitimately usng it (like saying that amount would use porygon2 in UU but because of lack of pory2-fanboying it not getting pushed above). I'm not saying this is nessecairily a likely situation, it's currently quite hypothetical, and we still don't really know how this tiering's gonna sort itself out. But I think there is some valid arguement why they might be more useful.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
I mean to decide tiering, not just for people to see.

Or did I miss something since the last time I read the usage stats (like 3 months ago in terms of reading how they were used for tiering)?

After reading through this thread, i can see that this current (Broken, BS) metagame is completely offensive. What walls are the trend now? And from the threats it looks like Choice scarf Gardevoir is the anti metagame.

I dont know if this is just me but i've seen stall rise up somewhat and as such i think reuniclus should be used somewhat more than it currently is being used.

After reading through this thread, i can see that this current (Broken, BS) metagame is completely offensive. What walls are the trend now? And from the threats it looks like Choice scarf Gardevoir is the anti metagame.
Really? After playing, I made the opposite experience. Chansey walls damn near everything and gives great support, latias is similar though it fears stabbed pursuits, AV Slowbro and AV Tangrowth always get 3HKOed at most, meaning that they're usually back at ~70-80 % after switching out.... and even most megas are rather bulky and can be switched in repeatedly while not hitting THAT hard.

Anyway, I'm totally in love with AV right now, did anyone try out AV-hitmonchan? I currently run a set like this:
Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

At least in theory, he can offer support with rapid spin, while drain punch allows him to regenerate health and mach punch is one of the best priority moves.
However, in practice, while he can take hits quite well and drain punch works as it should, he can't get past ghosts - even Ice Punch deals only ~1/3 to gourgeist -, so he struggles to perform his role as a spinner. Though Mach Punch is really quite helpful on some occasions, I'm still undecided whether Hitmonchan might be able to work if used correctly, or if it's unredeemably flawed.

Really? After playing, I made the opposite experience. Chansey walls damn near everything and gives great support, latias is similar though it fears stabbed pursuits, AV Slowbro and AV Tangrowth always get 3HKOed at most, meaning that they're usually back at ~70-80 % after switching out.... and even most megas are rather bulky and can be switched in repeatedly while not hitting THAT hard.

Anyway, I'm totally in love with AV right now, did anyone try out AV-hitmonchan? I currently run a set like this:
Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

At least in theory, he can offer support with rapid spin, while drain punch allows him to regenerate health and mach punch is one of the best priority moves.
However, in practice, while he can take hits quite well and drain punch works as it should, he can't get past ghosts - even Ice Punch deals only ~1/3 to gourgeist -, so he struggles to perform his role as a spinner. Though Mach Punch is really quite helpful on some occasions, I'm still undecided whether Hitmonchan might be able to work if used correctly, or if it's unredeemably flawed.
Consider moving defense EVs to Attack so as to always 2HKO Gourgeist and put the rest into special defense and opt for an adamant nature. It's pointless to have Hitmon attempt to wall on both sides, so try to use him for his best possible potential- his high special defense. Higher damage output will also keep him from becoming set up fodder from the likes of some megas. However, in general he lacks viability; you're generally better off using Hitmontop as a fighting type assault vest rapid spinner.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hitmonchan cannot 2HKO a fully invested Gourgeist, regardless of size.
252+ Atk Iron Fist Hitmonchan Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Small: 116-138 (36.9 - 43.9%)

Consider moving defense EVs to Attack so as to always 2HKO Gourgeist and put the rest into special defense and opt for an adamant nature. It's pointless to have Hitmon attempt to wall on both sides, so try to use him for his best possible potential- his high special defense. Higher damage output will also keep him from becoming set up fodder from the likes of some megas. However, in general he lacks viability; you're generally better off using Hitmontop as a fighting type assault vest rapid spinner.
Trying to wall on both sides is imho the biggest advantage of assault vest. If you want to actually deal a decent amount of damage, you should use LO/CB, and if you want to wall only on one side, lefties is usually better.
Also, the reason I tried hitmonchan in the first place is drain punch, which hitmontop doesn't have. Imho rapid spinners should either have some means of recovery, so that they can switch in repeatedly, or they should have something to beat spinblockers, and AV-Hitmontop doesn't have either since he can't use toxic. Though I might just go back to good old standard lefties hitmontop.

Hitmonchan cannot 2HKO a fully invested Gourgeist, regardless of size.
252+ Atk Iron Fist Hitmonchan Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Small: 116-138 (36.9 - 43.9%)
yeah, and even with LO, he can't 2HKO gourgeist-super:
252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Hitmonchan Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 151-179 (40.3 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Allow me to answer all 3 of your questions which should've been in a single post but whatever.
Okay not to b e that guy but how do you justify mega blastoise not being BANNED
It's a bulky rapid spinner wtih decent special attack and boosted pulse moves. That's really about it for mega-toise. It isn't that strong, and isn't astoundingly bulky like m-aggron is. Basically, it's decent, but not OP. Oh, and it takes up your mega slot too, which can be used for something like gardevoir or heracross.
Also who do I talk to about being mod on here? I know it wont happen too quickly but I have a lot of people to back me up on this...
Let me answer this question with another question. Why don't you and your "people" punch you in the face for thinking a person who just asked Mega-toise to be banned with no justification deserves to be mod? Insert stuff about being a good user here.
One more thing.... I've noticed a user named "R Walton" is viewing this thread and has been the past hour or so without saying a word. I'm new here so forgive me if I'm wrong but that's not allowed is it? it's taking up everyone ram....
It's called lurking, it isn't taking up our RAM, and it is allowed, to my knowledge.

EDIT: Yes, the second answer's a bit harsh, but people shouldn't really ask for mods as their second post, should they?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
So how do people feel about Wobbuffet this generation? Is it BL worthy or staying in UU(or even below)?
I haven't used it, so I wouldn't know. Not that many people are whining about it though, so it seems that it's going to be solid in UU (maybe even RU or NU :o).

Allow me to answer all 3 of your questions which should've been in a single post but whatever.

It's called lurking, it isn't taking up our RAM, and it is allowed, to my knowledge.

EDIT: Yes, the second answer's a bit harsh, but people shouldn't really ask for mods as their second post, should they?
No need to yell friend... wow. I'm new here and it was just a question. I also have many underlying social issues such as anxiety/bipolar disorder/ and ADD.

I also CAME OUT in the winter of 2007 during christmas dinner and I've lived a hard sheltered life ever since I've been judged enough... I really don't need it from you....

No need to yell friend... wow. I'm new here and it was just a question. I also have many underlying social issues such as anxiety/bipolar disorder/ and ADD.

I also CAME OUT in the winter of 2007 during christmas dinner and I've lived a hard sheltered life ever since I've been judged enough... I really don't need it from you....
We know it's a question, but maybe you should look around the website more before asking any questions.

Deoxys + Bisharp is threatening. Personally, I feel like Deoxys (both forms) and Bisharp will go up to OU.

What do you guys think of Defensive Mega-Blastoise? Do you guys still run Scald, or do you opt for Water Pulse?

Deoxys + Bisharp is threatening. Personally, I feel like Deoxys (both forms) and Bisharp will go up to OU.

What do you guys think of Defensive Mega-Blastoise? Do you guys still run Scald, or do you opt for Water Pulse?
I personally think that it's dependent on what you want Mega-Blastoise to be doing. For the most part, Mega Blastoise is being used as an offensive spinner so more people are opting for Water Pulse because it's a much more powerful move than Scald is due to Mega Launcher. But Scald has the 30% burn chance which can help in wearing down a lot of switch ins for Blastoise such as Latias, Suicune, Empoleon, Celebi (puts it on a timer and at least forces it out at less than 100%).

Since you're opting for a more defensive Blastoise build, i would suggest Scald because 30% burn is just too much to pass up and if you're not going to be investing into any SpA, then Water Pulse is gonna be fairly weak regardless. Hope that answers your question :]

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Dragmag is pretty strng right now. MAgs is pretty good at dealing with fairies too. Tbh I havent seen all that many steel walls that stand in the way of dragons, but you can work over a few miscellaneous ones. Backed by escavalier to fight fairies and some misc threats nothing stands in the way of the mighty Draco Meteor and Outrage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)