Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Also, the one above, it doesn't affect the battle at all, just aesthetics, I don't see the point.)

Ok, got a screenshot:

By just typing in whatever number you want, it goes further.

Last edited:
You should have posted this in the room suggestions thread.

But while we're here, this was turned down several days ago due to us deciding the maturity of the PS userbase wasn't high enough for this room to be maintained well, sorry.

There isn't currently a suggestion thread, so I'm making one right here.

No guarantees, etc, blah blah blah

kthxbai
I'm totally new to any form of forum so i'm sorry if I'm somehow screwing this up, but I would really appreciate seeing what tier certain pokemon are in when I search their names on the teambuilder. I would also like to see the arrow clicker things on top and bottom of the scroll bars to lobby chats and teambuilder for slower scrolling, as i'm a laptop user and it can get a little bit challenging with that much data to be slowly scrolled through. Chances are I won't ever actually see a reply if I get one, as i'm really not a forum guy, so if you have a reply it's fairly pointless, I would just like to know that these ideas have been sent to someone of authority on this site. And thank you for such a great simulator and you guys have really done an amazing job.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do the games show the shinyness of a Pokemon in Team Preview? It can be very crucial information regarding Event mons. Example: Red Genesect. It is impossible to get a Red Genesect outside of that one event with a Hasty nature and the 3 event moves and it is impossible to get a Purple Genesect with the 3 event moves. This is invaluable information when scanning your opponent's team during Team Preview. I suppose a way to prevent this would be to ignore the shiny value when displaying a player's team during Team Preview.
It does show in team preview, and if the pokemon has moves that make it have to be shiny/set nature, e.g flare blitz entei, it will make the entei go shiny and when you click find battle it will say:
'Entei must have a Adamant nature because it comes from a specific event.'
This is only if it doesnt have an adamant nature

My suggestions (some might have been said already):

For ladderes, maybe a /resetladder <format>, this will make it easier so you dont have to create new alts.
(this has been said before) It would be helpful if mods could see pms, (if they want to), i have been pm spammed before and currently you need to take screen shot and upload it to tinypic then link the staff to it (i know there is an /ignore)
I know random battles is new and with the sets some are wrong awful:
I have mentioned i had a superpower weavile (Ilegal).
I have had rotom forms without there special move, to my knowledge they will revert back to rotom-a without them.
Some rotom-f have air balloon, i know its a joke, but the set doesnt have trick.
I had a pyroar with a moveset of: bulldoze, snarl, sunny day and yawn, that set is just awful, at least give it hyper voice or fire blast.

Last edited:
It does show in team preview, and if the pokemon has moves that make it have to be shiny/set nature, e.g flare blitz entei, it will make the entei go shiny and when you click find battle it will say:
I was talking about the real games, not the simulator. The games' Team Preview only shows the menu sprites (which do not show shinyness). Zarel confirmed that my suggestion was planned to be implemented someday. Hopefully soon, since it might contribute to the suspect test of a certain Pokemon.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was talking about the real games, not the simulator. The games' Team Preview only shows the menu sprites (which do not show shinyness). Zarel confirmed that my suggestion was planned to be implemented someday. Hopefully soon, since it might contribute to the suspect test of a certain Pokemon.
Oh, sorry, i misunderstood/misread what you said, my mistake. Also i like to use that to my advantage. Often i make my raikou shiny to bluff aura sphere and a rash nature.

My suggestions (some might have been said already):
  1. For ladderes, maybe a /resetladder <format>, this will make it easier so you dont have to create new alts.
(this has been said before) It would be helpful if mods could see pms, (if they want to), i have been pm spammed before and currently you need to take screen shot and upload it to tinypic then link the staff to it (i know there is an /ignore.
I know random battles is new and with the sets some are wrong awful:
2.I have mentioned i had a superpower weavile (Ilegal).
3.I have had rotom forms without there special move, to my knowledge they will revert back to rotom-a without them.
4.Some rotom-f have air balloon, i know its a joke, but the set doesnt have trick.
5.I had a pyroar with a moveset of: bulldoze, snarl, sunny day and yawn, that set is just awful, at least give it hyper voice or fire blast.

My two cents:
1. I agree very much!
2. Illegal
3. No, it just learns it upon changing iirc, then loses it after.
4. So, you win some you lose some.
5. It may be awful, but again, you win some you lose some.

Unfortunately the sets aren't made like that, they are randomly generated from that pokemons viable moves, so you could get any combination.

Anty

let's drop
My two cents:
1. I agree very much!
2. Illegal
3. No, it just learns it upon changing iirc, then loses it after.
4. So, you win some you lose some.
5. It may be awful, but again, you win some you lose some.
Unfortunately the sets aren't made like that, they are randomly generated from that pokemons viable moves, so you could get any combination.
Oh I thought they where put in and the top tier threats were given worse movesets, the nfes always have decent movests (then again they dont have many viable moves). So thats why i had a calm mind physical arceus.

I actually havent played XY, and not entirely sure this exists, but I would imagine it does but yet its not on PS.

I was wondering if there is a Fairy Type for hidden power. Its not on PS but I would love to have it on my Chandelure so it stops getting terrorized by a Hydreigon every single match. If this does exist it needs to be on PS asap!

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Nope there is not, my guess is GameFreak didn't want to mess up the current system regarding IVs and hidden power typing.

Hello Developers, I have a favor to ask you, can you guys put Champion Cynthia's Battle Song on Pokemon Showdown please? and can you let me know if you did it? Thanks ^_^

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You should add a little cup metagame and only show viable pokemon for metagames with restrictions
There already is a little cup metagame. Gen 5 and Gen 6 LC are playable, official metagames on Showdown!

As far as viable Pokemon for each metagame go, splitting the Pokemon into lists based on tier already is a way of showing the viable Pokemon. Generally, viability is subjective and we have viability threads for each tier if you'd like to know which Pokemon are generally better than others in a tier. However, these threads are always subject to change, so this along with both their existence in the first place and our tiers doesn't really make it practical to sort Pokemon in the teambuilder by viability.

perplexingpool

Banned deucer.
I would really appreciate a 'viable items' feature on Showdown. What I mean by this is, when selecting a Pokemon's item in the teambuilder, it has the most common items for that Pokemon at the top. ie, when selecting an item for a Garchomp, Garchompite, Choice Scarf, and Rocky Helmet appear at the top of the list.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Personally, I'd be happy with just filtering out the 90% of items that have no competitive use. And we don't even have Mail, which at least can't be Tricked, so what's with all the other retarded useless items that don't do anything?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Personally, I'd be happy with just filtering out the 90% of items that have no competitive use. And we don't even have Mail, which at least can't be Tricked, so what's with all the other retarded useless items that don't do anything?
But... mocking people for using aguav berry and other stupid items is fun :C

Primary

Banned deucer.
Personally, I don't have an issue with the general mechanics of PS! (well, the algorithms for how random matches are found is a little flawed in my opinion, but hey nothings perfect).
Here are my two cents:

• option to delete old alts
  • option to customize battle music and maybe even battle backgrounds
  • 3d models soon pleaseeeee ;)

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Personally, I don't have an issue with the general mechanics of PS! (well, the algorithms for how random matches are found is a little flawed in my opinion, but hey nothings perfect).
Here are my two cents:

• option to delete old alts
  • option to customize battle music and maybe even battle backgrounds
  • 3d models soon pleaseeeee ;)
I like the first and second suggestion, but I'm sorry to say the 3rd isn't probably going to happen. It just would look really weird with 3d models on a 2d background, and everyone's put so much hard work into spriting, you know :C

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I like the idea of being able to delete old alts but i think id much prefer a system where alts inactive for say, 3 months, are deactivated and available to be registered again. This is because there are lots of registered alts that i would like that havent even battled since the start of BW2

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
I think we should be able to merge our Smogon and Showdown! accounts.
Also, I think that when you do the /data command of a Pokemon, its tier should be displayed among the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)