Battle Maison Discussion & Records

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Had to do the boring old regular double battle streak to unlock the super doubles so just threw together a Char-Y and a chlorophyll Venusaur (with dis-quake Zap/Chomp in the rear) coz figured it'd be kinda fun/quick. Needless to say I cleaned out the 20 trainers then figured I'd try super doubles with the same team just to see if it was actually any good. Got to 40 before getting destroyed by an Aerodactyl (I swapped in chomp for char turn 1, then both chomp and venu got flinched every turn until they both died, then obviously char and zap got ko'd very soon after)

The team is very weak to rock and a lesser extent to ice (also trick room) but now I kinda wanna see if it can be improved on to go further...

Charizard-Y
Solar Power > Drought
Timid 252 SpA 252 Speed
-Heat Wave
-Solar Beam
-Dragon Pulse
-Protect

Venusaur @ Sitrus Berry
Chlorophyll
Naive 200 Atk 56 SpA 252 Speed
-Growth
-Petal Blizzard
-Earthquake
-Hidden Power (Ice)

Garchomp @ Soft Sand
Rough Skin
Jolly 252 Atk 252 Speed
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Iron Head
-Crunch

Zapdos @ Zap Plate
Pressure
Timid 252 SpA 252 Speed
-Discharge
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Volt Switch/Charge Beam
-Protect

Obviously a pretty rough team, just thrown together very quickly. I figured Sitrus Berry would work on venu during setup (it does for Azu anyway...) and the Soft Sand / Zap Plate were purely for dis-quake spamming. Zapdos' movepool in this game sucks, I wish it could have Heat Wave and Tailwind.. I'm probably going to chuck a Lum Berry on chomp and Swords Dance over Crunch but that's as far as I've got.. I'll take any advice, even 'the team sucks don't even bother' lol

I only have Multi left to do before I've got all the Trophies, but I'm having some problems with my team. I'm not sure what to use for my second member. I've tried a few different things that haven't worked out, so I'm hoping someone can give me some advice.

AI's Team:
Gallade @ Scope Lens
Ability: Steadfast
-Psycho Cut
-Stone Edge
-Night Slash
-X-Scissor

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
- Eruption
- Focus Blast
- Heat Wave
- Extrasensory (Only seen it use this once. Every other time it's Eruption, even when the opponent has a Fire-type with Flash Fire.)

My Team:
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Modest Nature
-Heat Wave
-Dragon Pulse
-Solar Beam
-Protect (Thinking about replacing this since I rarely use it.)

The team really depends on using Sun to power up Typhlosion's Eruption because it'll take out pretty much everything by itself. My main problems are other weather users, and Pokemon with Flash Fire because the AI is too dumb to use something besides Eruption against them, even when both Pokemon resist Fire. I'd really like suggestions for a second Pokemon for my team. I'm thinking another Physical Attacker would be best, but I'm not sure what.
So, I'm back to this again. I've tried a Hydreigon with Earth Power, Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse, and Flash Cannon (for Fairies) as both a lead and a backup with no success. Then I tried leading with Protean Greninja with Mat Block, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, and Grass Knot. Still nothing. I didn't even manage to make it to the 40s with either of them before I lost. I made it farther using a Chlorophyll Venasaur with Power Whip, Earthquake, Synthesis, and Sleep Powder. (Up to 47, I think.) I've got a couple Battle Videos if those will help. I'm not sure if I'm making bad decisions or if I'm just getting really bad luck. Any help is appreciated!

Battle Videos:
Greninja Lead: 78KW-WWWW-WWW4-JQXF
Hydreigon Backup: 353W-WWWW-WWW4-JQXN
Venasaur Backup: 8X7G-WWWW-WWW4-JQXU

Last edited:
So, I'm back to this again. I've tried a Hydreigon with Earth Power, Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse, and Flash Cannon (for Fairies) as both a lead and a backup with no success. Then I tried leading with Protean Greninja with Mat Block, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, and Grass Knot. Still nothing. I didn't even manage to make it to the 40s with either of them before I lost. I made it farther using a Chlorophyll Venasaur with Power Whip, Earthquake, Synthesis, and Sleep Powder. (Up to 47, I think.) I've got a couple Battle Videos if those will help. I'm not sure if I'm making bad decisions or if I'm just getting really bad luck. Any help is appreciated!

Battle Videos:
Greninja Lead: 78KW-WWWW-WWW4-JQXF
Hydreigon Backup: 353W-WWWW-WWW4-JQXN
Venasaur Backup: 8X7G-WWWW-WWW4-JQXU
In the Greninja fight, your luck wasn't great, but you could have played a bit better. Did you look up the sets your opponent was (or could have been) running? If you had, you'd know that Owner Galton only runs set 4, so Blastoise was definitely running set 4, and Focus Punch was its only move that would KO anything. Also, Crobat's speed (all four sets run a +Speed nature) meant it was going to outspeed Greninja, so Mat Block was kind of a waste; you wouldn't have blocked Crobat's attack against Gallade. You could have blocked Blastoise's attack (if it hadn't Taunted), but since it can't KO Gallade anyway and it can only KO Greninja with Focus Punch, the only move you would have needed to block could have been better blocked by using Grass Knot anyway.

Also, I probably would have targeted Magnezone with Charizard Y, since then you only would have had to fight one Pokemon at a time. True, Blastoise could have used Rock Slide, but it actually doesn't KO MegaZardY without a crit. Even if it did, Blastoise vs. Gallade (with Typhlosion as back-up) is a much better match-up than risking 2 vs. 2, especially with MegaZard having to take a Thunderbolt from Magnezone.

In the Hydreigon backup battle, obviously, Choice Scarf Torterra is an awful opponent to have to fight as a lead. I would have used Protect with MegaZardY on turn 1 because of the Fake Out risk (and the Scarf Torterra risk) anyway, then switched out Zard for Hydreigon. Torterra was locked into a pretty weak move, so Hydreigon would have been in a relatively good spot (though it obviously isn't too interested in fighting Mienshao). I would probably use Scarf Hydreigon over any other variant, just because so many of your problems are faster Pokemon. Given that Gallade doesn't have many weaknesses, it's unlikely your opponent will target it much, so your odds aren't good if you're relying on Typhlosion to beat stuff like Jolteon or Gengar.

In the Venusaur back-up battle, you lost because you didn't use Earthquake against Heatran and because your team has no other answer to Heatran, pretty much. The only two moves that do any real damage to it are Typhlosion's Focus Blast (which it will almost never use) and Venusaur's Earthquake (which kills one of your partners and heavily damages the other). In that particularly battle, you should have used Earthquake against Heatran; Typhlosion was entirely useless at that point. The whole "Solar Beam on Eelektross" thing is also the reason I run Flamethrower; if I'm trying to kill something, I want it dead. Solar Beam has 120 BP, while sun-boosted Flamethrower has 202.5; that's a MASSIVE difference. Fire Blast is even more ridiculous, but I don't like misses and Flamethrower usually does the job. I found myself rarely using Heat Wave; as a spread attack, it's usually not strong enough, and you saw how it can cause big problems if you're forced to use it on a Flash Fire mon. The MegaZardY set I ran was Flamethrower/Solar Beam/Focus Blast/Dragon Pulse; Focus Blast was almost exclusively for Heatran, but it had its uses against things like Arcanine too. That said, Protect is more important on a lead, which is why I preferred to run Zard as a back-up. If you were trying to make as few changes as possible, though, I would just swap out Heat Wave for Flamethrower and pray you don't run into Heatran.

Good luck!

Last edited:
My Super Rotations streak is just getting longer and longer as I wait for Bank to come out. I would recommend this mode to anyone having trouble with the others. Seeing 75% of the opposing team on turn 1 helps so much with predicting movesets.

My team:

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Adamant
252 HP 84 Atk 68 Def 44 SDef 60 Spe
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish
208 HP 44 Def 244 Spe
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Sitrus Berry
Sassy, 0 Spe
252 HP 116 Def 140 SDef
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Brave, 0 Spe
252 HP 28 Atk 140 Def 84 SDef
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

I'm currently at 282 and trying to think of ways to speed up my battles, cause beating Grass-types or defense-boosters with ways to get around Toxic just takes so long. SubRoost Moltres would be ideal, but I can't see that happening soon (If anyone is willing to trade, I have some Bank exclusives and a Modest HP Grass Zapdos). Either of Charizard's Mega forms or Volcarona could be a decent replacement I guess.

EDIT: Actually screw those guys, I'll use Arcanine! Pure Fire means he has the resistances I'm looking for, and Morning Sun is a pretty good healing move now that weather can run out.

Last edited:
Firstly I'd like to thank everyone here who bothers to post their teams and do things like gather enemy data. It has helped me on so many occaisions.

So I've been trying really hard to get the starf berry, but I keep getting shut down. First time was at 99, second at 147, and just recently at 155.

I used the first team listed in the records consisting of dragonite, mega kangaskhan, and azumarill for super singles. However I noticed the biggest flaw was that if the opponent led with archeops, tyrantrum, or jynx there would be a high risk for loss. I barely won my fights vs these leads (however reasons for losing is from getting haxed to death).

Tyrantrum can one shot everything listed above if running the banded head smash set. Can't ohko with even outrage unless +1. And my dragonite is max speed but for some reason the head smash set outsped me once for reasons I don't know. If it had rock head I would have lost. But it recoiled itself to death.

Archeops will rock slide and if it flinches then dragonite is dead. Head smash sets will kill dragonite or whatever switches in thus guaranteeing a 1 for 1 trade which makes the match up riskier since you don't know what the last 2 may be.

Jynx. I have no idea if this really is a threat or I was really unlucky but... the timid jynx can kill dragonite in one blizzard and then the sleep... the sleep lasted 5 turns on azumarill as it killed him with psychic.
same thing happened to mega kangaroo except blizzard 2-3 shots.

This is really frustrating and exhausting because just getting to 100 takes so many hours.

I was wondering if there were faster or more reliable ways to hit 200 wins for that berry. I noticed a certain triples team managed to hit 1000 wins. I may try it but battles requiring 6 pokemon to be koed seem like they will take forever and with my luck i might just end up losing at 199 after a few days of playing.

Suggestions?

Firstly I'd like to thank everyone here who bothers to post their teams and do things like gather enemy data. It has helped me on so many occaisions.

So I've been trying really hard to get the starf berry, but I keep getting shut down. First time was at 99, second at 147, and just recently at 155.

I used the first team listed in the records consisting of dragonite, mega kangaskhan, and azumarill for super singles. However I noticed the biggest flaw was that if the opponent led with archeops, tyrantrum, or jynx there would be a high risk for loss. I barely won my fights vs these leads (however reasons for losing is from getting haxed to death).

Tyrantrum can one shot everything listed above if running the banded head smash set. Can't ohko with even outrage unless +1. And my dragonite is max speed but for some reason the head smash set outsped me once for reasons I don't know. If it had rock head I would have lost. But it recoiled itself to death.

Archeops will rock slide and if it flinches then dragonite is dead. Head smash sets will kill dragonite or whatever switches in thus guaranteeing a 1 for 1 trade which makes the match up riskier since you don't know what the last 2 may be.

Jynx. I have no idea if this really is a threat or I was really unlucky but... the timid jynx can kill dragonite in one blizzard and then the sleep... the sleep lasted 5 turns on azumarill as it killed him with psychic.
same thing happened to mega kangaroo except blizzard 2-3 shots.

This is really frustrating and exhausting because just getting to 100 takes so many hours.

I was wondering if there were faster or more reliable ways to hit 200 wins for that berry. I noticed a certain triples team managed to hit 1000 wins. I may try it but battles requiring 6 pokemon to be koed seem like they will take forever and with my luck i might just end up losing at 199 after a few days of playing.

Suggestions?
You could use my TR team for triples, it works more or less the same for all battles. Click the link from it to check out pokés and tacts. Bad hax caused me to lose, else I think i'd get to 300+ easily

I never bought into the whole "they rig the odds" thing; I've always thought that people just underprepared for hax and that, with enough matches, pretty much anything would happen. A crit + burn Flamethrower (or crit freeze Ice Beam or whatever) is a 1 in 160 chance; that's not THAT low when you think about how many matches you play in the Battle Maison, and it's bound to happen sometime. But I think I might win the hax award, because last night I lost a streak of 65 in Super Singles to three consecutive Lax Incense misses (with 100% accurate moves). Lax Incense is supposed to increase evasion by 5% (unless it's changed this gen), meaning there's a 1 in 20 chance of missing. Three consecutive misses is a 1 in 20^3 chance, a.k.a. one in EIGHT THOUSAND. The worst part is that it was Latios 1, which, if it didn't have Calm Mind, wouldn't be that threatening for me to just stall out (I stall out a lot of Lax Incense/Brightpowder mons). But Calm Mind means I'm forced to attack it before it boosts to insane levels.

I'm willing to shrug it off and keep trying; I've gotten much better at planning for "bad" match-ups and learning from my losses. But if this sort of ridiculously low probability event (I'm talking much lower odds than 1 in 1000, not a double Quick Claw activation or whatever) happens to me again, I'm willing to say the odds are rigged.

Had to do the boring old regular double battle streak to unlock the super doubles so just threw together a Char-Y and a chlorophyll Venusaur (with dis-quake Zap/Chomp in the rear) coz figured it'd be kinda fun/quick. Needless to say I cleaned out the 20 trainers then figured I'd try super doubles with the same team just to see if it was actually any good. Got to 40 before getting destroyed by an Aerodactyl (I swapped in chomp for char turn 1, then both chomp and venu got flinched every turn until they both died, then obviously char and zap got ko'd very soon after)

The team is very weak to rock and a lesser extent to ice (also trick room) but now I kinda wanna see if it can be improved on to go further...

Charizard-Y
Solar Power > Drought
Timid 252 SpA 252 Speed
-Heat Wave
-Solar Beam
-Dragon Pulse
-Protect

Venusaur @ Sitrus Berry
Chlorophyll
Naive 200 Atk 56 SpA 252 Speed
-Growth
-Petal Blizzard
-Earthquake
-Hidden Power (Ice)

Garchomp @ Soft Sand
Rough Skin
Jolly 252 Atk 252 Speed
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Iron Head
-Crunch

Zapdos @ Zap Plate
Pressure
Timid 252 SpA 252 Speed
-Discharge
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Volt Switch/Charge Beam
-Protect

Obviously a pretty rough team, just thrown together very quickly. I figured Sitrus Berry would work on venu during setup (it does for Azu anyway...) and the Soft Sand / Zap Plate were purely for dis-quake spamming. Zapdos' movepool in this game sucks, I wish it could have Heat Wave and Tailwind.. I'm probably going to chuck a Lum Berry on chomp and Swords Dance over Crunch but that's as far as I've got.. I'll take any advice, even 'the team sucks don't even bother' lol
You could try a Wash Rotom instead of Zapdos - It lets you keep your DisQuake combo without having another Rock weakness. It also rounds out a F-W-G core for you. If you run a ScarfTrick one, it would help you against Trick Room, since the AI derps pretty badly when Scarfed. I've seen them used Trick Room to get rid of their own Trick Room so many times... Rotom's also got the option of Thunder Wave if you want some speed control.

Rotom@Choice Scarf/Zap Plate
Hydro Pump
Discharge
Trick/HP Ice
Thunder Wave/Will o Wisp/HP Ice/Protect

I never bought into the whole "they rig the odds" thing; I've always thought that people just underprepared for hax and that, with enough matches, pretty much anything would happen. A crit + burn Flamethrower (or crit freeze Ice Beam or whatever) is a 1 in 160 chance; that's not THAT low when you think about how many matches you play in the Battle Maison, and it's bound to happen sometime. But I think I might win the hax award, because last night I lost a streak of 65 in Super Singles to three consecutive Lax Incense misses (with 100% accurate moves). Lax Incense is supposed to increase evasion by 5% (unless it's changed this gen), meaning there's a 1 in 20 chance of missing. Three consecutive misses is a 1 in 20^3 chance, a.k.a. one in EIGHT THOUSAND. The worst part is that it was Latios 1, which, if it didn't have Calm Mind, wouldn't be that threatening for me to just stall out (I stall out a lot of Lax Incense/Brightpowder mons). But Calm Mind means I'm forced to attack it before it boosts to insane levels.

I'm willing to shrug it off and keep trying; I've gotten much better at planning for "bad" match-ups and learning from my losses. But if this sort of ridiculously low probability event (I'm talking much lower odds than 1 in 1000, not a double Quick Claw activation or whatever) happens to me again, I'm willing to say the odds are rigged.
Lax gives a 1.1 evasion, meaning that all your 100% moves only got 90% chance of hitting

Hey everyone, new poster here. I LOVE the Battle Maison and am trying my best to complete the various modes. Sorry in advance if this is a long post or doesn't have enough information. That being said, I'm looking for some help with the Battle Maison. I've bred 12 perfect IV (at least 5ivs in the right stats, with some of the pokemon having 6ivs) Pokemon, and I -think- I have their movesets down. I'd like to form teams to take on the Battle Maison and earn all of the trophies. The list of Pokemon I have bred with their abilities, natures, EVs, and movesets (in no relevant order) are listed below. I didn't bother to list items since I can grab enough BP to go buy whatever I need to augment each Pokemon.
_

Aegislash - Adamant, Stance Change, 5iv, maxed EVs in Attack and HP

Shadow Sneak
Swords Dance
King's Shield
Sacred Sword
_

Kangaskhan - Jolly, Scrappy, 6iv, maxed Attack and Speed EVs

Fake Out
Sucker Punch
Power Up Punch
Return
_

Azumarril - Adamant, Huge Power, 5ivs, maxed Attack and HP EVs

Super Power
Aqua Ring
Play Rough
Aqua Jet
_

Mawile - Adamant, Intimidate, 6ivs, maxed Attack and HP EVs

Swords Dance Play Rough
Iron Head
Sucker Punch
_

Blaziken - Adamant, Speed Boost, 5ivs, maxed Attack and Speed EVs

Protect
Blaze Kick
Will-O-Wisp
High Jump Kick
_

Dragonite - Jolly, Multiscale, 5ivs, maxed Attack and Speed EVs

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Roost
Fire Punch
_

Togekiss - Calm, Serene Grace, 5iv, maxed HP and Special Defense EVs

Thunder Wave
Air Slash
Roost
Aura Sphere
_

Goodra - Modest, Gooey, 5ivs, maxed Special Attack and HP EVs

Dragon Breath
Draco Meteor
Focus Blast
Sludge Bomb
_

Tyranitar - Adamant, Sand Stream, 5iv, maxed Attack, 64 SpecDef, 70 Spd, 64 Def EVs

Rock Slide
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Substitute
_

Greninja - Timid, Protean, 5ivs, maxed Attack and Speed EVs

Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
Grass Knot
Hydro Pump
_

Garchomp - Adamant, Sand Veil, 6ivs, maxed Attack and Speed EVs

Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Fire Fang
_

Ampharos - Timid, Static, 6ivs, maxed Special Attack and HP EVs

Thunderbolt
Light Screen
Dragon Pulse
Substitute
_

TLDR: Looking for tips on teams to put together for the various Battle Maison modes.

Hey everyone, new poster here. I LOVE the Battle Maison and am trying my best to complete the various modes. Sorry in advance if this is a long post or doesn't have enough information. That being said, I'm looking for some help with the Battle Maison. I've bred 12 perfect IV (at least 5ivs in the right stats, with some of the pokemon having 6ivs) Pokemon, and I -think- I have their movesets down. I'd like to form teams to take on the Battle Maison and earn all of the trophies. The list of Pokemon I have bred with their abilities, natures, EVs, and movesets (in no relevant order) are listed below. I didn't bother to list items since I can grab enough BP to go buy whatever I need to augment each Pokemon.
_

Shadow Sneak
Swords Dance
King's Shield
Sacred Sword
_

Fake Out
Sucker Punch
Power Up Punch
Return
_

Super Power
Aqua Ring
Play Rough
Aqua Jet
_

Swords Dance Play Rough
Iron Head
Sucker Punch
_

Protect
Blaze Kick
Will-O-Wisp
High Jump Kick
_

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Roost
Fire Punch
_

Thunder Wave
Air Slash
Roost
Aura Sphere
_

Dragon Breath
Draco Meteor
Focus Blast
Sludge Bomb
_

Tyranitar - Adamant, Sand Stream, 5iv, maxed Attack, 64 SpecDef, 70 Spd, 64 Def EVs

Rock Slide
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Substitute
_

Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
Grass Knot
Hydro Pump
_

Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Fire Fang
_

Thunderbolt
Light Screen
Dragon Pulse
Substitute
_

TLDR: Looking for tips on teams to put together for the various Battle Maison modes.
Well, I'll be the first to say welcome! I'm not the most experienced with this, but I can give you some advice. My main suggestion would be to look at the records on the first page and see what they used. That might be enough to give you some ideas. Also, for Singles, I think the best team is Mega Kangaskhan (with the moves you've got listed), Dragonite @ Lum Berry (and replace Roost with Earthquake for better coverage), and Azumarill @ Assault Vest (replace Aqua Ring with another attacking move). I used this team, and I got to 50 wins with hardly any problems. Hope this helps you. Good luck!

Well, I'll be the first to say welcome! I'm not the most experienced with this, but I can give you some advice. My main suggestion would be to look at the records on the first page and see what they used. That might be enough to give you some ideas. Also, for Singles, I think the best team is Mega Kangaskhan (with the moves you've got listed), Dragonite @ Lum Berry (and replace Roost with Earthquake for better coverage), and Azumarill @ Assault Vest (replace Aqua Ring with another attacking move). I used this team, and I got to 50 wins with hardly any problems. Hope this helps you. Good luck!
Thanks so much for the friendly response and welcome! I appreciate it. That looks like some solid advice. I just got my ass handed to me using Kangaskhan so I think I'm using him wrong. What're are some general Kanga tips? Everything seems to resist Power-Up Punch. In that case should I be using max friendship Return? I haven't really played Pokemon since Gold/Silver over a decade ago and I never worried about type match ups or intense battle strategies like these. I'm a bit new to it, but I'm adapting pretty well (I think). I welcome any information and am definitely open to modifying my strategy or even breeding new pokemon (I have a 4iv ditto that makes it so I usually get my 5/6iv Pokemon within an hour or so, less if I don't have to breed for egg moves.

Thanks so much for the friendly response and welcome! I appreciate it. That looks like some solid advice. I just got my ass handed to me using Kangaskhan so I think I'm using him wrong. What're are some general Kanga tips? Everything seems to resist Power-Up Punch. In that case should I be using max friendship Return? I haven't really played Pokemon since Gold/Silver over a decade ago and I never worried about type match ups or intense battle strategies like these. I'm a bit new to it, but I'm adapting pretty well (I think). I welcome any information and am definitely open to modifying my strategy or even breeding new pokemon (I have a 4iv ditto that makes it so I usually get my 5/6iv Pokemon within an hour or so, less if I don't have to breed for egg moves.
Generally, if the opposing poké aint threatening with burn/2HKO you can safely do a PoP before Return/Sucker/EQ (use eq over Fake out, not that useful in singles)

Like Fierza said, it's good if you think you can use it safely. It's more to boost your Attack than anything. A max friendship Return from Mega Kangaskhan will take out anything that isn't too bulky. And with the boosted Attack, Return just destroys!

_

Shadow Sneak
Swords Dance
King's Shield
Sacred Sword
_

Fake Out
Sucker Punch
Power Up Punch
Return
_

Super Power
Aqua Ring
Play Rough
Aqua Jet
_

Swords Dance Play Rough
Iron Head
Sucker Punch
_

Protect
Blaze Kick
Will-O-Wisp
High Jump Kick
_

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Roost
Fire Punch
_

Thunder Wave
Air Slash
Roost
Aura Sphere
_

Dragon Breath
Draco Meteor
Focus Blast
Sludge Bomb
_

Rock Slide
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Substitute
_

Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
Grass Knot
Hydro Pump
_

Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Fire Fang
_

Thunderbolt
Light Screen
Dragon Pulse
Substitute
_

Welcome! I'm kinda new here too, but just got my 5 trophy with teams that had several of the pokes you listed (see 2 pages ago for my teams, if you want); but answering your question, my sugestion:

For singles, I'd go with the sugestion of SensoryFour and Fierza: M-Kanga (drop Fake Out for Earthquake - or Crunch, if you really hate ghosts, specially Hypnosis Gengar), Azumarill @ Assault Vest (drop Aqua Ring for Waterfall...or Bulldoze/Dig?), Dragonite @ Lum Berry (Roost for EQ).

For doubles... you could try a weather team using this Tyranitar @ Assault Vest (Substitute for Protect and DD for Crunch); Garchomp @ Life Orb/Lum Berry/Choice Scarf (item depending to what you feel better; also SD for Rock Slide); Aegislash @ Leftovers; M-Kanga. I think that you can go very far with this team. But you may also make a quick FEAR Aron (Sturdy, lvl 1, Endeavor/Protect/Toxic/Sleep Talk @ Berry Juice, no need to worry for IV/EV) and go with something like Tyranitar, Aron, Aegislash, M-Kanga.

For triples, I'd go with Greninja @ Focus Sash (drop Hydro Pump for Mat Block); M-Kanga; Dragonite (same as singles); Azumarill (same as singles); Aegislash @ Leftovers; Garchomp @ Life Orb.

For rotation, you could go with the singles team, but Azumarril as the backup and Aegislash @ Leftovers as the third one.

For multi, well, it depends of the possible AI - but the main strategies I see here are based on supporting good pokes that they may have (mainly legendaries) and to hope for a smar AI.

Well, I think that's all, just some quick tips. Hope that I could help. :)

Lax gives a 1.1 evasion, meaning that all your 100% moves only got 90% chance of hitting
Huh, I've been getting bad information on that since Gen 4, apparently. Good to know; I'll be more cautious against it in the future. Fortunately, I've since found a way for my team to beat that Latios without attacking at all; I won't always be in the right situation to use that strategy, but it's good to have in my back pocket if that set puts me at risk in the future.

Yeah the downside to Battle Maison is that you WILL eventually get haxed,
Well my Super Triples team finally lost. 184 winstreak.
My team was... full of pretty underrated pokemon. Another thing I liked about this team was that my 1st 3 were meant for a SINGLES team, yet they were still awesome in triples. Lastly, it wasn't even time consuming making this team (except for my mega). Here they are.

Clawitzer @Assault Vest
Mega Launcher
Modest Nature
Shiny-Yes
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spatk (ONLY its special stats were 31 IVs)
-water pulse
-aura sphere
-dark pulse
-ice beam

With intimidate support, he becomes bulky on both sides. Now he justs smashes away. I got this guy in a trade.

Lovelily (Mawile) @Mawilite
Intimidate-Huge Power
Adamant Nature
Shiny-Yes
252 HP / 252 Att / 4 Spe (31/31/31/xx/16/31 IVs)
-Play Rough
-Sucker Punch
-Iron Head
-Substitute

Now Mawile is not underrated, but I never saw her in the top 10 of the super triples! I was gravely disapointed, but that's alright, I saw this thread when I was at 111 :). Just smashes away too. Sub is there when the opponent cant do much to her. Yeah, I hatched this mawile myself.

Omega Raptor (Talonflame) @Expert Belt
Gale Wings
Naive Nature
Shiny-No
120 HP / 252 Att / 8 Spatk / 128 Spe (31/31/31/26/30/31 IVs)
-Will-o-wisp
-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Overheat

This Talonflame shows just how durable a talonflame can be. Overheat already takes care of the fire weak pkmn I need to eliminate. With this set-up, Talonflame and Clawitzer form a Long-range attack abuse duo! Talonflame's BB will strike any grass pkmn threatening clawitzer too. This just took me 5 eggs to make...lucky. Maybe I bump the speed by 8 EVs to out pace thundurus n tornadus, but even they weren't the cause of my death.

...(Vileplume) Life Orb
Effect Spore
Modest Nature
Shiny-yes
168 HP / 252 Spatk / 88 Spe (Only Att and Spdef are 31)
-Sludge Bomb
-Sleep powder
-Giga Drain
-Moonlight

you must be wondering ".....a vileplume...." Well long story short, I was looking for a pkmn to pass down giga drain, and I came across this in the friend safari. Its just the offensive set on smogon FOR SINGLES, yet when he tagged along, he was doing a great job at killing those pesky water/grounds. Yes I feel like he's the weakest member, but hey, I made it that far with him. And keep in mind this isnt a dedicated triple battle team. I love how flexible this team is.

Tyranitar @Chople berry
Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
Shiny-No
4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
-Rock slide
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

DD in triples? Yeah amazingly, there were many opportunities were he can nab a DD. DD saved me a decent amount of times, as well as his spread move powers. The latest member, added because for some reason I lost to ghost types. Rock slide's flinch (and secretly accuracy) saved me even in singles, so I have grown into a rock slide fan.

Hero (Raichu) Air Balloon
Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
Shiny-No
4 HP / 252 Spatk / 252 Spe (17/24/31/31/31/31 IVs)
-Thunderbolt
-Encore
-Protect
-Fake Out

The only pkmn I had not meant for singles, and the real beast in the team. Originally, it was for a vgc perish song team, but that was a flop. Encore is just so freaking amazing. Mawile's comrades are both weak to electric, so Raichu switches in and basically turns any electric type not named jolteon into setup fodder, or using a useless move like rain dance (Zebstrika...). It even gets Stat boosters/resters/protecters that want to eff around with me.

So yeah I got pretty far even without a "dedicated" team. The IVs weren't perfect either as you could see. You could say that was the result of my downfall, but I was glad I was able to work through those handicaps.

L56W-WWWW-WWW4-KZMQ
The reason I added that quote at the top was because its true. You can look at it that way, Blaziken's thunderpunch crit killed a vital member of what could've beat that team. But despite that hax, I still might've won. If I played sucker punch correctly, Mawile could've been hanging around a little bit longer. I'm too tired to think of the what-ifs right now.

By the way, in battles 175-183 there was a whole bunch of water type spam lol. I guess they figured out how to stop my Super Effective spamming leads. Anyone got a starf berry?

Like Fierza said, it's good if you think you can use it safely. It's more to boost your Attack than anything. A max friendship Return from Mega Kangaskhan will take out anything that isn't too bulky. And with the boosted Attack, Return just destroys!
Yep, if you get a 2x PoP off, you will destroy them 9/10 times with just Kanga. If needed, you can use aegis/dnite for bulkier setups and switches into fighting, same story for azumarill with CB/Splash Plate/Assult vest

I don't have any statistical evidence, but I'd lean on the side that the odds are slightly rigged in their favor to give an illusion of a challenge. The AI in pokemon games is terrible and cheats a lot Sometimes the AI makes their decision after knowing what you are going to do. For example, they yawn you and you switch on the next turn. They Yawn your switch in. If you don't switch out in the first place, they won't use yawn. Test it out. It is pretty funny. I've completely run Vaporeons out of Yawn PP by swapping back and forth. And if at any time I decided not to swap and use an attack, they will always choose something other than yawn.

After losing triples I went to breeding many different Pokemon because it was fun. Now that I have my 6iv Zoroark, it's time to be going back to the Maison. I decided to continue my Rotation Battle streak. I'm currently at 80 with the same team that took me to 50:

"Team Rocket"
Mega Kangaskhan (Adamant, Scrappy, Mega Kangaskhanite) - Power-up Punch, Sucker Punch, Earthquake, Return

"Lunatic Lily"
Florges (Bold, Flower Veil, Leftovers) 248 HP 252 Def 8 SpD - Misty Terrain, Aromatherapy, Wish, Moonblast

"Torrentia"
Azumarill (Adamant, Huge Power, Life Orb) - Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Superpower, Play Rough

"Dragonite" :|
Dragonite (Adamant, Multiscale, Weakness Policy) - Outrage, Extreme Speed, Iron Tail, Dragon Dance

Well, none of the top Rotation teams on page 1 have any dedicated status heal, though one of them had a fairly useful Haze.

P.S. I still have ongoing 50 in doubles and multi. Once I lose Rotation I'll continue any of those. Probably the Multi one, I see an opportunity to go on the top list...

Last edited:
I don't have any statistical evidence, but I'd lean on the side that the odds are slightly rigged in their favor to give an illusion of a challenge. The AI in pokemon games is terrible and cheats a lot Sometimes the AI makes their decision after knowing what you are going to do. For example, they yawn you and you switch on the next turn. They Yawn your switch in. If you don't switch out in the first place, they won't use yawn. Test it out. It is pretty funny. I've completely run Vaporeons out of Yawn PP by swapping back and forth. And if at any time I decided not to swap and use an attack, they will always choose something other than yawn.
I've actually had the AI use Yawn multiple times on a Pokemon that stays in. It may be because they didn't have any other moves that would do much of anything (e.g. a Leafeon repeatedly used Yawn against a Togekiss that resists all of its other moves), but I think the AI is kind of dumb with the move. It definitely doesn't always get the whole "Yawn will fail if I used Yawn last turn" thing. The AI isn't super consistent with status moves in general; if it thinks the best move will be to paralyze your Pokemon, it will use Thunder Wave. If your mon had Lum Berry and cured itself of paralysis, it will often use something other than Thunder Wave, even though the situation hasn't really changed. It's like the AI doesn't necessarily get that your mon isn't currently paralyzed.

That said, if I find something that has Yawn and DOESN'T use it twice in a row against my lead (pretty much everything with the move tries to use it twice in a row, as far as I can remember), I'll save the battle and test it out. But thusfar, I haven't gotten any really concrete evidence of blatant cheating. I've seen moves that are sometimes a little bit inconsistent (e.g. sometimes Moltres 3 will use Flamethrower on turn 1, even though it usually uses Sunny Day on turn 1) and I've seen some oddities (e.g. Virizion had been using Taunt every time I switched to a certain mon; it randomly decided to use Leaf Blade one turn, then went back to using Taunt). It looks like there may be situations where an AI's move choice isn't 100% set (e.g. there's some sort of probability function that may lead it to choose a different move), and it seems like it's most likely to primarily impact status or non-damaging moves (you can predict when they'll use Taunt or Thunder Wave pretty well, but not perfectly; you can pretty much always predict which attacking move they'll use against a given mon). But so far, the Battle Maison has given me a lot of evidence that people are likely to attribute their losses to cheating than to their team's vulnerabilities, without so much clear evidence of cheating AI. And given that a triple Lax Incense miss is a 1 in 1000 chance (still very unlikely, but far more reasonable than 1 in 8000), I'm a little more confident of that. I feel like I've had as much hax in my favor as I've had it going against me.

I've updated the OP, if I missed anyone please notify me.
Sorry for the late update but I have been very busy with school (and am still).

I haven't played alot myself lately. I did however, manage to find someone to Pokébank 6 Pokémon for me that I had waiting for transfer in BW2. All of them were ''designed'' for the Battle Maison and they are:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Quiet / Flash Fire
6 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
- Protect
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse

Latios* @ Life Orb
Timid / Levitate
6 Def / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
- Thunderbolt
- Luster Purge
- Dragon Pulse
- Helping Hand / Tailwind

Scizor* @ Occa Berry/Life Orb
Adamant / Technician
134 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Speed
- Bug Bite
- Tailwind
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch

Zapdos* @ Sitrus Berry / Lum Berry
Modest / Pressure
140 HP / 6 Def / 248 Sp.Atk / 116 Speed
- Tailwind
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Flying

Terrakion* @ Wide Lens
Jolly / Justified
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Helpiing Hand

Latias* @ Sitrus Berry
Timid / Levitate
6 Def / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Helping Hand
The Heatran and Scizor are the exact same which I used to use in the Battle Subway Doubles train (I used to run Tornadus/Heatran/Blastoise/Scizor, but didn't feel the need to transfer Tornadus over as I was only able to choose 6 for transfer).

I was a big fan of Heatran in Subway but I don't think I need it as much in X/Y Triples as I did in BW2 Doubles. When I looked at my 467 Triples team (Talonflame/MBlastoise/Greninja/Togekiss/Garchomp/Rotom-W) I really didn't felt like it needed replacements but I still want to try a bunch of the above, mainly Scizor.

At the moment of writing I'm currently at 160 wins, using Talonflame/MBlastoise/Greninja/Scizor/Heatran/Zapdos. I can't really say if the team improved or not since most battles are won using my three leads (who'm are unchanged besides Greninja being shiny now). I'll have to do some brainstorming to create the best possible back-up. I really like Scizor > Garchomp, especially since Trick Room has proven to be problematic every now and then. I also run Tailwind on Scizor so the team now has two Tailwind users (actually it is three, since Zapdos also has it (for no reason), but I don't want to replace it as it is an exclusive move).

I also might give Super Doubles another serious attempt, using Talonflame/MBlastoise/Heatran/Scizor, or Togekiss > Heatran, but then I would have to breed for Modest.

Thanks for reading, and again, my apologies for the very late update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)