Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wrote Luvdisc's DPP analysis, and did the same person write Sunker's DPP analysis?

Also, can I get to know all the analysis he/she has written on "shitty" Pokemon?
Different people wrote them, and they are called "joke" analyses. Typically, a select couple comedians, like cookie (who wrote BW Magikarp), are chosen for that task.

This question would be better asked in C&C. There's an SQSA thread there too.

The image for Venipede location is different, and Serebii says the method of capturing is "special". My guide is currently in another room, and my wife is sleeping there, how the heck do you capture Venipede? Thanks a lot.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
The image for Venipede location is different, and Serebii says the method of capturing is "special". My guide is currently in another room, and my wife is sleeping there, how the heck do you capture Venipede? Thanks a lot.
Venipede spawns in the Bushes on Route 6 (the ones which also have Audino). Like the ambush animations in caves.

Venipede spawns in the Bushes on Route 6 (the ones which also have Audino). Like the ambush animations in caves.
Ahhhh, thanks. So I can just walk around with Repel on. Nice to know. Much easier, since it's the only non-evolved Pokémon I need to fill Central Kalos Dex.

Another question: is there any NPC in this game that checks the Hidden Power type?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is a shiny Sliggoo w/ Sap Sipper, Careful nature, and perfect IVs in only HP and SP.Def worth anything? It was literally the first pokemon I ran into this morning whilst in the Friend Safari.

Is a shiny Sliggoo w/ Sap Sipper, Careful nature, and perfect IVs in only HP and SP.Def worth anything? It was literally the first pokemon I ran into this morning whilst in the Friend Safari.
Competitively, probably not, but all things considered you could do worse for a Goodra. Just keep in mind that if you use it that it shouldn't use special attacks (luckily, Goodra has some decent physical attacks available) and won't take physical hits especially well.

Whether it's worth anything in terms of trade, probably not. Most of the people who would have good stuff available for trade... are also probably the kind of people who would rather use a non-Shiny Goodra with flawless IVs or, failing that, Masuda their own with good IVs.

Hope this is the right place, as I could have sworn there used to be another general sticky....

But anyways, my question revolves around Quick Guard in XY. It's supposed to have +3 priority right? But was looking around on Veekun's Pokedex and it mentions "If the user is last to act this turn, this move will fail." That sounds a bit dumb to me if its supposed to have priority...

So for example in doubles, say I have something slow trying to put up Quick Guard (how about Escavalier, cant get much slower) to block a Charm from Prankster Meowstic; does that mean Quick Guard will fail since Meowstic and the other 2 pokemon (saw Mawile on my side and Kangaskhan on the other) are faster, even if Quick Guard has higher priority?

Hope this is the right place, as I could have sworn there used to be another general sticky....

But anyways, my question revolves around Quick Guard in XY. It's supposed to have +3 priority right? But was looking around on Veekun's Pokedex and it mentions "If the user is last to act this turn, this move will fail." That sounds a bit dumb to me if its supposed to have priority...

So for example in doubles, say I have something slow trying to put up Quick Guard (how about Escavalier, cant get much slower) to block a Charm from Prankster Meowstic; does that mean Quick Guard will fail since Meowstic and the other 2 pokemon (saw Mawile on my side and Kangaskhan on the other) are faster, even if Quick Guard has higher priority?
It fails is everyone else does higher priority or faster equal priority actions, such as switching out, protect, fake out, Custap berry extremespeed, helping hand, etc.

prankster charm is +1.

It fails is everyone else does higher priority or faster equal priority actions, such as switching out, protect, fake out, Custap berry extremespeed, helping hand, etc.

prankster charm is +1.
Ok was just wondering since that was worded to make it sound like it was irrelevant of priority tiers. So Quick Guard from anything should always block Prankster Charms and stuff +2 and lower, but if the user is slower when it comes to things like Fake Out when the other user is faster, it won't block. Thanks for the confirmation.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Is there a thread where I can post funny logs and stuff? Searching isn't my stronkest skill.

Do any eeveelutions have use for Curse? I'm considering dropping that for Baton Pass as an egg move.
Flareon CAN make use, but the shitty STAB option hurts.

EDIT: Flareon gets Flare Blitz now? :D

Flareon @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Flare Blitz
- Wish
- Refresh

Could probably work somewhere I guess. EV tweaking would be up to personal preference, and I guess you CAN run Guts, and some other attacking move over Refresh I guess.

2nd EDIT: I say "I guess" too much, and I should stop talking now....(I guess).

Last edited:
Quick questions about breeding: if I give a power item to a parent and destiny knot to the other, will the baby have 5 IVs+ item IV (therefore getting 6 from parents) or is it 4+1?

Quick questions about breeding: if I give a power item to a parent and destiny knot to the other, will the baby have 5 IVs+ item IV (therefore getting 6 from parents) or is it 4+1?
It is 4+1. The Destiny Knot still ensures five IVs are passed down, the Power Item simply works within the restraints of the Destiny Knot.

The latest smog mentioned that Enteis event moves Extremespeed and Flare Blitz are incompatible with Sacred Fire. Why is that? I thought you could just get Sacred Fire via the move relearner.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The latest smog mentioned that Enteis event moves Extremespeed and Flare Blitz are incompatible with Sacred Fire. Why is that? I thought you could just get Sacred Fire via the move relearner.
The Smog is wrong. I contacted one of the people in charge about changing it.

I have a question concerning the Legendary Beasts in HG/SS. If you manage to corner and catch one and are discontent with the nature, would resetting to a point before the capture/encounter change it's nature?

For example, assume I've met Entei/Raikou before and saved. I corner them a time after that, capture, and check their nature without saving after capturing them. Will their nature be the same because I've encountered them once before or will it be random again?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm pretty sure the details are set once you encounter them for the first time. If I remember correctly, you can KO them and beat the Elite Four again to reset the encounters.

I have an Eevee with the move tutor move Heal Bell. I'm planning on transferring it to my Pokemon X when Pokebank comes out. My question is, will I be able to breed baby Eevees that will have the move Heal Bell since the parent Eevee has Heal Bell? Basically, will Eevee pass down Heal Bell when bred?

So I know Pokebank isn't region-specific, meaning that you can send Pokemon from say a Spanish BW2 to a Japanese XY. My question is, what region tag will it get? Would it keep its original language tag or would it update to a new one? The reason I ask is I just received a Pokemon through Wonder Trade that has a German name, but a JPN marker. I'm wondering if that's what happened or if the data's been tampered with. (It's a shiny, EV trained, 5IV pokemon is why I'm really suspicious)

I have an Eevee with the move tutor move Heal Bell. I'm planning on transferring it to my Pokemon X when Pokebank comes out. My question is, will I be able to breed baby Eevees that will have the move Heal Bell since the parent Eevee has Heal Bell? Basically, will Eevee pass down Heal Bell when bred?
Tutor moves don't pass down, no. If you check Eevee's egg moves, those and current-gen TM moves are the only moves that the babies can inherit.

Some Pokemon could be tutored moves in past generations that are now egg moves, mind. Machamp can be bred with the elemental punches in Generation 6, and if you have a Machamp from Gen 6 that was tutored those moves, he can pass them down, because they're egg moves for Machop. Heal Bell, sadly, is not an Eevee egg move.

Is there a better method of farming PP Max aside from super training?
I usually Wonder Trade away my breeding rejects to rack up Pokemiles. Global Link Mileage Shop doesn't have PP Maxes, but they do have PP Ups, so I have a chance to get cool stuff in trades and I can get PP Ups with the points.

You can also get PP Maxes from 2nd place (4 matching ID numbers) in the Lottery, so there's that. But The ease of getting PP Ups, whether from Pokemiles or high level pickup dudes or the Lottery means you don't need to farm Maxes so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)