Pokémon Pyroar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I love that set! Taunt seems like a great alternative to Snarl. Seems like a much better idea to Taunt some Ghosts than to just burn them, though I would absolutely burn Aegislash. They use King's Shield after the burn, the extra chip damage is enough to let Flamethrower do what it needs to do. Hey, if they switch out, so much the better.

Pyroar easily survives a Sacred Sword if it burns Aegislash first. Thus why the perfect item for me has always been Rocky Helmet.

Man, for Sableye alone, I would run Taunt. Sableye can't do jack to that Pyroar. You can outspeed Gliscor and Taunt it before it Substitutes, too. Hyper Voice makes for a solid hit on it, too, though of course Earthquake will kill you and you can't burn it because of Toxic Orb + Protect. Variants with Toxic rather than Earthquake, though, are totally shut down!
Sableye has prankster taunt to negate pyroar taunt.

That is true, but they can't burn you, Foul Play does pitiful damage with Timid, and Rocky Helmet does chip damage to them, while Flamethrower does more than 50% each turn if they get cute with Recover. Sometimes they won't taunt you for fear of being worn down.

Eh. Still, it seems like not a great option. Sableye with snarl or knock off still provides you problems. Don't forget leftovers recovery on top of recover. Plus if they really can't damage you, then they will just switch.

Remember, arguments based on bad opponents are not useful.

What about a phazing setup sweeper of sorts?

Pyroar @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: Unnerve
EV's: +252 Sp. Attack, +252 Speed, +4 HP
-Yawn
-Work Up
-Fire Blast
-Hyper Voice/Dark Pulse

The idea is to yawn so your opponent switches and you can get in a free work up and start sweeping. Only problem is if your opponent doesn't switch and proceeds to KO you because Pyroar is very frail. Idk there might be some improvements for this but I really think Pyroar can be useable.

The one niche I can see it having is as a response to ageislash or the ghost-grass mons, since you have chances to switch in and threaten.

What about a phazing setup sweeper of sorts?

Pyroar @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: Unnerve
EV's: +252 Sp. Attack, +252 Speed, +4 HP
-Yawn
-Work Up
-Fire Blast
-Hyper Voice/Dark Pulse

The idea is to yawn so your opponent switches and you can get in a free work up and start sweeping. Only problem is if your opponent doesn't switch and proceeds to KO you because Pyroar is very frail. Idk there might be some improvements for this but I really think Pyroar can be useable.
Thing is, even after a boost, Pyroar just doesn't have the coverage to break through walls.

+1 252 SpA Pyroar Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 80-95 (20.7 - 24.6%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Pyroar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 79-93 (19.5 - 23%) -- possible 5HKO
+1 252 SpA Pyroar Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 135-159 (44.4 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Pyroar Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent: 162-192 (40 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

All of these can switch in, take a huge chunk of health out (if not OHKO), switch out of the Yawn to a priority user, and watch Pyroar die. Pyroar is also slower than many threats (namely Latios, Greninja, Talonflame, and Noivern) leaving it easily revenge killed (in the unlikely event Pyroar would faint something)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)