Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 questions:

1) As of Gen 6, is the ban on Swift Swim + Drizzle still in effect?
2) As of Gen 6, is the ban on Evasive Ability + the corresponding weather still in effect?
3) With regards to Evasion Clause, is Brightpowder banned?

I have 3 questions:

1) As of Gen 6, is the ban on Swift Swim + Drizzle still in effect?
2) As of Gen 6, is the ban on Evasive Ability + the corresponding weather still in effect?
3) With regards to Evasion Clause, is Brightpowder banned?
1. No
2. No
3. I don't actually know, I don't think so.

3. I don't actually know, I don't think so.
If it wasn't I'd be surprised.

From the BW page on Double Team:
It is considered unhealthy for a skill-based metagame, since it rewards luck instead of skill, while taking the battle from both players' control and making the game (even more) luck based. It created situations where the crucial miss changed the outcome of a match. For these reasons it is practically never seen in this competitive environment.
I figured the same rationale would apply here.

Can anyone help me with some coverage problems I tend to have? What are good checks/counters for:

-Heatran
My god this guy is good. Solid stats, great movepool, and can reliably both run offensive and defensive sets. Is there anything that can counter all or nearly all of his sets? I've yet to see anything that can both take status and solidly tank hits from him. Blissey is only a temporary solution, as she can get widdled down by toxic.
-Aegislash (and other ghost types)
Almost everything I've said above goes for aegislash too, plus it can have almost flawless neutral coverage with shadow sneak/shadow ball and sacred sword. If I get something in safely, I'm good to go, but how do you stop it when it has set up during a switch?
ChestoRest Rotom-W or Arena Trap Dugtrio.

Alright, so, hatched a shiny bold slowpoke but it has oblivious rather than regenerator. Is this viable at all now that it negates taunt? I wasn't when I hatched the shiny but since then I've been MMing and 100s of eggs later I can't find another shiny slowpoke. The school semester starts again tomorrow so I won't have any more time really to keep going. It has pretty good IVs but no 31s (of course >_>). Any way to salvage it?

EDIT: The IVs are approximately 27 / 29 / 29 / 6 - 7 / 6 - 7 / 10 - 11. Special attack is very disappointing but since it's mainly meant to be support...maybe it'll still work...?

Last edited:
Alright, so, hatched a shiny bold slowpoke but it has oblivious rather than regenerator. Is this viable at all now that it negates taunt? I wasn't when I hatched the shiny but since then I've been MMing and 100s of eggs later I can't find another shiny slowpoke. The school semester starts again tomorrow so I won't have any more time really to keep going. It has pretty good IVs but no 31s (of course >_>). Any way to salvage it?

EDIT: The IVs are approximately 27 / 29 / 29 / 6 - 7 / 6 - 7 / 10 - 11. Special attack is very disappointing but since it's mainly meant to be support...maybe it'll still work...?
name: Physical Wall
move 1: Scald
move 2: Ice Beam
move 3: Slack Off
move 4: Thunder Wave / Toxic / Fire Blast
ability: Regenerator
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
nature: Bold

If you really want to salvage him use this set, no regenerator and the IVs suck though. Also, how did you even manage to Masuda a mon with no perfct IVs at all? Something in your breeding method is not working correctly =/

If you baton pass a status effect to a Pokemon normally immune to it, such as Paralysis to an Electric-type or Perish Song to a Pokemon with Soundproof, do they "absorb" and get rid of the status or do they keep it?
The following are the only things that are Baton Passed:

• Aqua Ring
  • Block (both on you and your opponent)
  • Confusion
  • Curse (when used by a Ghost on the Baton Passer)
  • Embargo
  • Focus Energy / Lansat Berry
  • Gastro Acid
  • Ingrain
  • Leech Seed
  • Lock-On
  • Magnet Rise
  • Mean Look (both on you and your opponent)
  • Mind Reader
  • Perish Song's Count
  • Power Trick
  • Spider Web (both on you and your opponent)
  • Substitute (keeps its HP)
  • Stat boosts / drops
  • and is also doesn't have immunity if the pokemon baton passed does
The link i referred to was: http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/baton_pass
Dr. Karpz, Baton Pass was changed in Generation 5 to no longer pass Mean Look from the user. That is to say, if you trap something with Mean Look/Block/Spider Web and then Baton Pass out the effects are removed. (Though I believe that if you are hit with a trapping move and then Baton Pass out, you still pass the trap on to the next Pokemon!)

So, it seems like building a team without a mega is a less used option due to their less powerful stats. However, you do see it from time to time on the ladder, and even in premier league.

I can see how the extra power of megas wouldn't neccessarily be useful in certain kinds of stall teams, but other than that archetype is playing with a megaless team really viable this gen?

So, it seems like building a team without a mega is a less used option due to their less powerful stats. However, you do see it from time to time on the ladder, and even in premier league.

I can see how the extra power of megas wouldn't neccessarily be useful in certain kinds of stall teams, but other than that archetype is playing with a megaless team really viable this gen?
Some of the strongest threats in the metagame are megamons indeed , but there is huge pool of normal pokemon to choose from ,many of them are strong and as viable as megamons, so yes you can make a team without megas and still be as viable as a team with that does have them.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist

If you really want to salvage him use this set, no regenerator and the IVs suck though. Also, how did you even manage to Masuda a mon with no perfct IVs at all? Something in your breeding method is not working correctly =/
he might've hatched the shiny before he started breeding for 31's

Only items that are banned are kangaskhanite, gengarite and soul dew. So no, BrightPowder isn't banned.
I can personally confirm this, having been denied a Volcarona sweep by missing twice in a row against a Brightpowder Latios on the ladder. It's still a terrible item, though.

Some of the strongest threats in the metagame are megamons indeed , but there is huge pool of normal pokemon to choose from ,many of them are strong and as viable as megamons, so yes you can make a team without megas and still be as viable as a team with that does have them.
You can make a team without any megas and still be viable. However, you can't expect a team without a mega to be able to perform as well as one with a mega. I'm not saying that you should just slap any mega on your team and go with it. I'm saying that a team without a mega probably can be improved by replacing a member of your team with one. Also, every play style seems to be at its best when built around a mega. Why build an offensive team without mega lucario, pinsir, or charizard? Why build a defensive team without mega venusaur?

I will add to this. One important thing is that Megas can't hold items. Mega Venusaur can't hold Leftovers, Mega Charizard X can't hold Lum Berry or Life Orb, Mega Garchomp can't hold Yache Berry, etc.

So I have been out of the loop since the end of BW2. What is this Pokebank I hear people talk about? It seems to be some sort of feature that allows us to get access to Pokemon not part of XY; does that mean XY can't trade backwards, like Ruby/Sapphire? Also, does Pokemon Showdown! use Pokebank?

what's a decent/similarly functioning alternative to cb-kyurem-b on a sticky web team that i can use on wifi until pokebank is released?

So I have been out of the loop since the end of BW2. What is this Pokebank I hear people talk about? It seems to be some sort of feature that allows us to get access to Pokemon not part of XY; does that mean XY can't trade backwards, like Ruby/Sapphire? Also, does Pokemon Showdown! use Pokebank?
Pokebank is an online cloud storage system that will allow you to store an enormous number of Pokemon on an online server and transfer them freely between owned games, thus effectively eliminating the requirement of having two systems and having to trade Pokemon back and forth when you own multiple carts. It will charge a subscription fee... a whopping $5/year, for probably the single most requested service for the games since online functionality itself.

A subfunction of the Pokebank is the PokeTransporter, which will allow you to upload Pokemon from a Generation 5 cartridge to the Pokebank. From what we know it'll be much easier than in past generations (no Pal Parking or ball-shooting minigames). It will be one-way, will not transfer items, and will be the only method of transferring Pokemon between Generation 5 and 6.

I believe that PS uses an "open" Pokebank, which means that Bank-only Pokemon and Move Tutor moves are allowed.

what's a decent/similarly functioning alternative to cb-kyurem-b on a sticky web team that i can use on wifi until pokebank is released?
Well outside of megas your best bet is CB Garchomp, really, or even Haxorus or cb Dnite. If you can free up a mega slot though, Mega Heracross is mostly similar. Mawile and Medicham are also good wall breakers esp on SW teams.

Well outside of megas your best bet is CB Garchomp, really, or even Haxorus or cb Dnite. If you can free up a mega slot though, Mega Heracross is mostly similar. Mawile and Medicham are also good wall breakers esp on SW teams.
cheers. i've got mega luke doing some pretty gnarly work right now, so i might give garchomp a start. although i did have a lot of fun with dual chop haxorus last gen.

he might've hatched the shiny before he started breeding for 31's
Not quite, I hatched it before I started MMing. I was still breeding for 31s but it was early on in my Slowpoke breeding process, and the RNG gods just didn't smile upon me.

Whatever, I'll just use my other Slowpoke and keep the shiny as yet another trophy. Sigh...

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Heatran is a legendary, so no.

And yeah, 6IV Shinies aren't so far-fetched in XY (even in previous gens, with RNG)

I have a question.

What do you guys think about purchasing 6 IV'd, Shiny, Egg Move Pokémon off of sites like eBay? I'm thinking of doing it because I don't have the time to invest in IV breeding.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yes, but it's extremely rare even before the death of Instacheck so if someone is offering one, make sure they are a reputable trader first so you don't get scammed.

I have a question.

What do you guys think about purchasing 6 IV'd, Shiny, Egg Move Pokémon off of sites like eBay? I'm thinking of doing it because I don't have the time to invest in IV breeding.
To put it politely, "a fool and his money are soon parted". If you want a straight, nontroll answer: never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER EVER do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)