Smogon Premier League V - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It wasn't simply the timer countdown not showing up at the end of the turn but the lack of time indication for 2 whole turns. Usually the time shows up at the beginning of every turn, but it did not happen in fatty's game. He could have had 90 secs or 30 secs, nobody knows. We don't even know if the timer was working properly and added time after every turn because it did not show up at all.

It also doesn't help that fatty made his move already, but Showdown! somehow lagged and timed him out... w/e, cryos can this anyways *-*

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
ya ya we all know i fucked up and didn't send team in (and i guess timer situation but i'm not going into that), but some of you should probably stop commenting on shit when you don't even know the situation. it makes you look ignorant af. i'll shoulder all the blame cause obviously i'm the one at fault, but stfu with this ghosting shit.

oh and gg badass, always a pleasure.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Nah no drama; pretty easy decision. Not exactly cut and dry but simple nonetheless (send your teams fools).

It is ALWAYS enjoyable dealing with the children who get mad at a decision that doesn't go their way though.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
you want me to list my poke cv? (that's sarcasm btw if you can't detect it)

just be real; you are mad at the decision not going your way.

If your anger is related to Aqualouis...Aqualouis was banned by justification that is directly in the rules. I'm aware that the cryos apparently have issues reading the rules, but let me quote it for you oh esteemed contributor and member GaryTheGengar

"Note the sportsmanship infraction may be used liberally this SPL, and any unsportsmanlike conduct on the forums, in #spl / #pokemon / any of the semiofficial tier channels, or in opposing SPL team channels"

^ directly in the first hide tag in the rules

You are just another petulant child upset that things aren't going the way he wants them to so...grow up? Take a chill pill? Listen to some metal?

Who knows what you have to do, but do something. The decision on the match was perfectly logical and justified (still haven't seen one direct argument attacking the logic of the argument), and the two infractions on aqualouis were separate infractions for two separate incidents (#spl flaming and forum post), both of which I am entirely justified in using a judgment call on whether or not to enforce.

I am the host of SPL because I am exceedingly good at dealing with nonsense like this. WCOP this past year was literally the least dramatic WCOP ever, SPL so far has been far less dramatic than normal.

Oglemi and I are also hosting this for free...meaning we have no obligation to take shit from anyone. If aqualouis wants to act like an idiot because he is yet another petulant child, he can (and you as his team can) and should fully expect to be banned and not be given any benefit of the doubt if you flame / disrespect in official venues.

I'm not sure if it is because Lonelyness is the community pincushion and took so much relentless shit as SPL host or if it is because bloo and iconic voluntarily took so much shit as hosts of wcop 2 years ago, but too many of you have this idea you can get away with whatever you want to say to the hosts...

Hint...you can't. Hint, no matter if Esteemed and Super Valuable and Important and Significant Users like Ginku believe it is "kindergarten shit", I will always forcefully go after people who give tournament hosts a hard time. I happen to be the host for WCOP and SPL, but I did the same when Ojama was giving Eo nonsense for Frontier, and I'll do the same for whatever else comes up.

Bottom line, don't be morons to the hosts. This should be an extremely easy concept to grasp but apparently Ginku and company cannot so I will explicitly spell it out.

So again, do what you need to do, but spare me your childish whining(s).

Last edited:

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Aldaron it's pretty safe to say that it was your prerogative to make the call on fatty's game and I don't condone the behavior of my team members who are making a stink about it. However, when it comes to banning Aqualouis over an insult on IRC (which he also posted the irc lines on forums), I think it was a pretty brash move to ban him regardless of the fact that you can "liberally do whatever the fuck you want". So while the rules let you do it, people can still have their opinions which might include "Aldaron is just being a big meanie!!!"

I accept the punishment that was handed out to Aqualouis regardless, and hope that the rest of my team *coughspocketgarycoughs* will let it go already. Nothing else should have to be said about the matter hopefully we can move on.

Last edited:

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
It's been two days since I VM'd Boudouche, with no response so idk what he's doing
EDIT: we battlin tomorrow

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
I disconnected during the battle
Aldaron please make an administrative decision regarding the events which took place

Thanks whoever DDoSed me

I lost due to disconnection and not sending my team in before the match began.

I am really disappointed with the attitude and comments of many people regarding the match that took place. I realize that the opposing team would want to take the win in this situation, but that is no reason for either side to make comments intentionally meant to be hurtful. There is a difference between playing devil's advocate and what was actually said following the disconnection. Regardless, I wanted to address a few things.

RE sending in a team after the disconnection: I don't see how anyone could blame me for doing this, nor how it could be considered "cheating". Following my disconnection, I realized my mistake of forgetting to send my team in and immediately c/p'd it into a PM for aldaron in order to salvage any chance of a rematch. Obviously I can't prove that I did not alter my team in any way, but I'm sure most of you believe me that I would not do such a thing. Regardless, the ruiners (like any other rational team) will take a free win if given the opportunity, and even though I am sure they do not truly think I altered the team sent to aldaron, it is in their best interest to forbid a rematch and claim the free win. I can not blame them for this, though it is quite disrespectful to suggest that I "more than likely altered the team" as several of you did. Furthermore, the Ruiners are capable of allowing a rematch to occur if they so chose, granted it would require them to trust me to have not altered my team. And like I said, I think they did trust me. Therefore, the reason for not allowing a rematch is simple, and that is to not risk the possibility of a loss. I am disappointed that the tournament and community has come to this, and like I said I can't really blame the Ruiners for their decision, though it is seriously upsetting nonetheless.

RE DDoS accusation: I have never disconnected from a PO server independently of everyone else before, nor have I been unable to rejoin a server after disconnecting ever before. Thus, it seems extremely odd that this would happen for the first time ever in an important SPL match. I am not saying that I was *definitely* DDoSed, nor am I saying that it was by a member of the Alpha Ruiners if I was. However, this is not a ridiculous accusation; we have had a former tournament director as well several high-profile tournament players convicted of DDoSing in the past, and I was also on Team Metro in 2012 when Kevin Garrett told Funkasaurus to pull the plug on the server he was hosting (due to locopoke playing on it and being in a losing position) and I hadn't known of this until months later. The point is that these shady tactics are not unheard of in the competitive environment, and a DDoS was my initial instinct as a result.

RE everything else: I play competitive Pokemon for fun (and to win!). I do not care all that much on having a temporary trophy in my postbit. I want to earn wins, for both myself and my team. I was extremely excited leading up to this week, having the best current DPP record of 2-0. This makes it very upsetting when I am given a forced loss due to a disconnection. Please do not call me a crybaby or anything of that nature. This was a very important match for me personally, regardless of how it impacted the series, and I am very upset about how it concluded. This SPL was supposed to be a reflection of my abilities and talent as a competitive Pokemon player in my favorite tier -- to prove myself as a player. I wanted to play against good players in battles of skill, planning, foresight, and wits. Instead all I got was drama and bullshit. Yes, I should have sent my team in. No kidding. I suppose in this instance I am complaining about the lack of trust in this community, and how riled up and demeaning people can get when a win is on the line. Be more respectful to these people on the internet that you've never even met that are only trying to enjoy their hobby in a fair fashion. The extent that many of you were willing to go to is honestly pathetic, and while I don't expect those of you who I am addressing to change, I feel it needs to be said.

Until next week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)