Rate my OU Team

I've been using this team for a while now, I just want to know how it fares in Gen. 6 OU and how it can be improved upon. Please note that I don't need scores or essay rants, I just need to know how I can improve this team to adapt to Gen. 6 OU.

Metagrossberg (Metagross) @ Life Orb | Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd | Jolly Nature
- Agility
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash

Metagross functions as a hole puncher and, if it gets an Agility up, a sweeper. Meteor Mash is for STAB and taking out pesky Fairies, Earthquake for coverage against a lot of things, Ice Punch for taking out Choice/Outrage-locked dragons, and Agility is for getting a sweep going.

Klefki ain't shit (Espeon) (M) @ Light Clay | Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk | Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Yawn

Espeon is on my team for two reasons: getting up screens and screwing over hazard setters. (And Klefki.) Reflect and Light Screen can give an extra layer of protection to my entire team, which can really help setup sweepers (i.e. Metagross, Porygon-Z) get the chance to boost their stats. Psychic is for STAB in the event that Espeon does attack, and Yawn is for repelling other setup sweepers, phazing out or crippling potential threats, and can also give my setup sweepers a chance to set up. 0 Attack IVs so Foul Play from Klefki does less damage.

Prolygonal (Porygon-Z) @ Leftovers | Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd | Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Agility
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Dark Pulse

Porygon-Z functions like a special version of Metagross on my team. 2x Adaptability Boosted Tri Attack deals substantial damage to nearly anything that doesn't resist it, barring the Chansey line. Agility is for shifting into maximum overdrive to turn Porygon-Z into a special sweep monster. HP Fighting is for hitting Rock- and Steel- types who resist Tri Attack. Dark Pulse is used for Ghost- types.

Sexcadrill (Excadrill) (M) @ Leftovers | Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 60 Atk / 176 HP / 252 SDef / 20 Spd | Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

Once upon a time, I used SR/Spikes/RS/VS Forretress. Then Defog users came in and said "NO!" to entry hazards, so I decided to go with a new spinner. Hence, Sexcadrill is here today. Rapid Spin is self-explanatory, Earthquake is for hitting things really hard, SD is for raising Excadrill's attack to insane levels, Rock Slide is for hitting pretty much anything that resists/is immune to EQ.

Delta (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf | Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd | Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios paired with a Scarf can be a deadly revenge killer, especially since it has the ability to bypass Sticky Web. Draco Meteor is for hitting stuff really hard on the switch-in and taking out Dragons, Psyshock is for hitting Special walls that would otherwise wall Latios to death (i.e. Blissey), Surf is for coverage, HP Fire is for scaring away or OHKOing Scizor, as Latios is guaranteed to outspeed before it can hit with U-Turn/Bug Bite.

Enki Durga (Galvantula) (M) @ Focus Sash | Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP | Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder
- Giga Drain

Galvantula seemed like the perfect option for a final Poke. Not only does it cover the Electric, Grass, and Bug coverage my team needs, but it also doubles as a fast Sticky Web setter, which is much appreciated by Metagross and Porygon-Z. Compound Eyes Thunder is for a strong STAB move, Bug Buzz is for STAB and coverage, Giga Drain is for reliable recovery, Sticky Web was already explained. Focus Sash is so Galvan can more safely set up Sticky Web.

Last edited:
Well, I swapped Forretress out for a few spinners (Tentacruel, Starmie, Excadrill) and I found that Excadrill worked the best for my team (most likely due to Sticky Web). So Bulky SD Excadrill is probably going to be my permanent spinner. Also, since I don't use Rocks or Spikes anymore, Galvantula will be my lead for setting up Sticky Web and possibly dealing some damage.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure you dont outspeed anything too important by using jolly instead of adamant on the metagross.
Same thing for the porygon-Z, I think modest would be better than timid.
And the same thing for Latios. Modest might be useful for hitting harder with an unnoticeable speed difference.

A life orb or some other item would probably be more useful on the Porygon-Z. Unless you invest into HP it can almost never tank a hit.
A silk scarf wouldn't be a bad option just to beef up the tri attacks. Also a choice scarf can be nifty but it changes up the team strategy a bit. Expert belt with beam bolt would change up the strategy a bit (better with download) but is a no recoil option.

Im pretty sure you dont outspeed anything too important by using jolly instead of adamant on the metagross.
Same thing for the porygon-Z, I think modest would be better than timid.
And the same thing for Latios. Modest might be useful for hitting harder with an unnoticeable speed difference.
Duly noted. Porygon-Z is now Modest (it wasn't hitting hard enough anyway) and same with Latios. Adamant on Metagross might make it harder to outspeed Mega Garchomp by default, but I'll certainly give it a try.
A life orb or some other item would probably be more useful on the Porygon-Z. Unless you invest into HP it can almost never tank a hit.
I'll try this, too. Porygon-Z is in desperate need of a boost in power on my team, honestly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)