Ubers Arceus-Electric

I corrected most of the issues you were concerned about, and I'm now working on the Checks and Counters section. Btw, I know I was a bit harsh on you to look over my analysis, but I'm just deeply passionate about this write up, and the fact that you, along with the rest of the Smogon community, are putting in a lot of your time to help out a new analysis writer is very reassuring, and it tells me that you really want to make these look good. Thank you for doing this, and continue helping make Smogon the great competitive Pokémon website that it is!
Lol, dw about it. I told you to hound me about it if I didn't get to it after a few days. (which I didn't, lazy ass) :o

Fuck, I was hoping to be able to tell you more about the checks counters section but it's pretty hard since it's fairly far from the format it should be in. Honestly, all I can tell you is to look at Manaphy's Darkrai analysis, he has a perfect example of what I'm looking for while including grouped mons like dark types, etc.

Much better but

Arceus Electric is difficult to counter due His sheer power, but there are a few Pokémon that can stand up to His might:
Take that out.

Split the psuedo phazers section into specific pokemon. Mention Clefable, Sylveon, Xern as specially bulky fairy types (the typing doesn't really matter, they are all just really similar and have the special bulk to tank Electriceus). Check calcs with max hp quagsire. Add Aegislash. Mention Giratina-A. There might be more but I'm blankking and want to see what you get from splitting the phazers section.

Mention Clefable, Sylveon, Xern as specially bulky fairy types (the typing doesn't really matter, they are all just really similar and have the special bulk to tank Electriceus).
Should I mention them all separately, or can I put these, along with Ferrothorn and the blobs, into one "Bulky Pokémon section"?

Remove the Garchomp mention, not sure it's viable this gen and if we give it an analysis we can always add that part in later. Groudon should be grouped with the other bulky grounds along with Quagsire so move those there and leave Lugiass in it's own bullet. Also, Quagsire doesn't need special defense investment, just max HP is enough for it to stop Electceus. Dialga and mega tyranitra shouldn't be grouped together, split them into individual bullets. Mention Abomasnow as well as Gastrodon and I feel Mega Charizard X deserves a bullet too.

Still going to hold off on the stamp until this section has been worked out all the way, though. It's getting there.

Remove the Garchomp mention, not sure it's viable this gen and if we give it an analysis we can always add that part in later. Groudon should be grouped with the other bulky grounds along with Quagsire so move those there and leave Lugiass in it's own bullet. Also, Quagsire doesn't need special defense investment, just max HP is enough for it to stop Electceus. Dialga and mega tyranitra shouldn't be grouped together, split them into individual bullets. Mention Abomasnow as well as Gastrodon and I feel Mega Charizard X deserves a bullet too.

Still going to hold off on the stamp until this section has been worked out all the way, though. It's getting there.
There seems to be a lot of things I could add to the Checks and Counters section. Should I just make a **Bulky Dragon types** section?

Nah, they handle things fairly differently. The ground types are just guys who can take an Ice Beam and kill it with EQ, pretty simple.

Take out the mention of hax in the blobs description, Abomasnow will have to use Seeds, physcial attacks, and/or status to beat Electceus cause CM shrugs off blizzards, mention how the bulky fairies can cripple with Toxic or phaze in the case of Xerneas, Giratina-A doesn't have room for Defog and it wants Wisp more than Toxic so just mention how it can phaze electceus out, don't do "see x Pokemon" just explain how mega ttar has large spdef with sandstorm that allows it to tank electceus's attacks (I wouldn't even mention whether it toxics or phazes because tyranitar has yet to get an analysis and it's not used often enough to have a standard set to reference), mega zard X more or less wins because DD boosted Flare Blitz hurts hard and it can Roost. Also there are still things that I posted about outside the checks and counters section that haven't been fixed.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
I finished an amcheck for this analyses, and admittedly, I made a lot of edits. I hope this helps though! I implemented all the changes suggested by Kingler12345 too!

For future reference, I believe the proper term is "Electric Arceus" (correct me if I'm wrong, please), and you should stay consistent with that in future analyses - you use Arceus Electric, Arceus-Electric, and Arceus to refer to Electric Arceus. I also cut down on a lot of the thematic writing (a lot of it seemed superfluous).

Comments:
"After a Calm Mind Boost, Arceus puts a major dent in anything that doesn't resist Him." I just assumed that this just refers to Electric-type moves, but if it applies to Ice Beam as well, please correct what I wrote. (A Pokemon can't resist Electric Arceus.)
- I'd elaborate more on what Ice Beam hits in the Moves section.
- You have a Modest nature slashed in the set, but nothing written about it.

Additions
Removals

Overview
########
Rising high above the Earth, the Supreme Creator emerges onto the battlefield, this time wielding the power of the mighty electron. Dare not incur His wrath, as a Judgment coming off of an effective 508 special attack is not something with which one should mess. With a new metagame dominated by new threats, the God of Lightning is able to check many of them, including Ho-Oh, Yveltal, and Kyogre. Not even paralysis can stop Him from bringing His electrifying justice. Not everything is bright and sunny for the Supreme Deity, though. With the loss of permanent weather, He cannot sling around Thunder like He used to. Also, with lackluster defensive typing, He cannot easily switch into many attacks. Nevertheless, Arceus Electric is still a big threat, and should always be prepared for when building a team.

CALM MIND SWEEPER
########
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Judgment / Thunderbolt
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Recover
ability: Multitype
item: Zap Plate
evs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
nature: Timid / Modest

Moves
========
Calm Mind Arceus-Electric is still a powerful Force, and must not be underestimated. After a Calm Mind Boost, Arceus puts a major dent in anything that doesn't resist Him. Judgment is the preferred STAB, as a 100 base power Zap Plate boosted STAB attack, coming off of a 339 special attack and 252 special attack EVs, can rip through many Pokémon in the tier. That's not even factoring in Calm Mind boosts. Thunderbolt is another option, with 8 more PP and a 10% chance to paralyze; however, it has 10 less base power, and power difference has become quite noticeable this generation:
+1 252 SpA Zap Plate Arceus-Electric Judgment vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Kyogre: 378-446 (93.5 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252 SpA Zap Plate Arceus-Electric Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Kyogre: 338-402 (83.6 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Ice Beam provides pseudo-BoltBeam coverage, which is nearly unresisted. Recover is in the final moveslot so that Arceus can prolong His lifespan and maintain His sweep.

Set Details
========
The EVs are invested so as to maximize power and speed, and it allows Him to 2HKO Groudon on the switch. Timid is the preferred nature, as it allows Arceus to outspeed other Arceus types and set up faster. If better bulk and a safe switch-in to Palkia is preferred, He can opt for 252 HP and 4 special attack EVs; however, if investment in both is optimal, then 96 speed EVs can be used to outspeed base 100 speed Pokémon with maximum speed investment, with 160 free EVs remaining.

Usage Tips
========
This set has a seemingly simple strategy (set up and sweep), but there are a few guidelines to be followed in order to most effectively use him. It's best to start attacking directly, and only using Calm Mind if the foe is weakened and unable to KO Him before He does the same. For example, when facing Groudon, premature boosting is futile, as one Earthquake is all it takes to lose a Pokémon; rather it's best to start spamming Ice Beam. Recover should only be used when needed, or when predicting a switch against something like Palkia.

Team Options
========
Arceus Electric has only one weakness, and so Pokémon that can take advantage of that, like Kyogre and Yveltal, along with checks to Ground types, like Landorus Therian and Giratina Origin, can be useful teammates. Mixed Rayquaza is good too, as it is also immune to Ground-type attacks and can handle many of Arceus's common checks. Finally, Mega Gengar is useful for trapping and eliminating many of His checks and counters, most notably Chansey, Blissey, and a weakened Excadrill. Most of the non-Ground type teammates appreciate His immunity to Thunder Wave, making Him a useful teammate to them as well.

Other Options
########
Arceus has a few viable moves in His arsenal that He can use as well. Thunder can be used over Judgment, but the nerf to weather makes this an unreliable tactic. Focus Blast can be used to deal with a few checks, including Dialga, Tyranitar, Excadrill, and Ferrothorn, although this is just as reliable as Thunder. He can try running a Support Set; however, lackluster defensive typing, providing resistance to only Electric, Flying, and Steel-type attacks, makes Him less viable to performing this role, and it's better to give Him another plate if a support set is required.

Checks & Counters
########
**Bulky Ground Types**: Bulky Ground type Pokémon can switch in on a Judgment, take an Ice Beam easily, and either set up or retaliate with a boosted Earthquake. Examples include Excadrill, Quagsire, Arceus holding an Earth Plate, Groudon, Mamoswine, and Gastrodon.

**Ferrothorn**: Ferrothorn can easily tank all of His moves, poison Him, and set hazards/seeds & begin to deal damage.

**Bulky Fairy Types**: Clefable, Xerneas, and even Sylveon are all bulky Fairy types that can't be immediately OHKO'd, that can provide some sort of support, such as Wish or Aromatherapy, poison Arceus with Toxic, or, in the case of Xerneas, phaze Him away, before being taken down.

**Blobs**: Chansey and Blissey, with their naturally high Health and Special Defense, can take all of Arceus's moves easily, and can stall Him out with harmful status and Softboiled.

**Dialga**: Dialga can take both Judgment and Ice Beam fairly easily, and either retaliate with Draco Meteor, or phaze Him out with Roar or Dragon Tail.

**Mega Tyranitar**: Mega Tyranitar can wall Arceus with a high Special Defense, which is further boosted in its own summoned sandstorm.

**Giratina (Altered Forme)**: Giratina has a high HP stat and above-average defenses, which means that it will be taking all moves, including a super effective, Calm Mind-boosted Ice Beam, with relative ease. This will allow the Renegade Pokémon to remove Him from the field and do whatever it wants to the next Pokémon scot-free.

**Abomasnow**: Abomasnow and Mega Abomasnow resist Judgment, take little more from Ice Beam, and can fight back with Seeds and Wood Hammer.

**Mega Charizard X**: It's not a good idea to switch in MegaXard on a boosted attack, but if it manages to get in a Dragon Dance and survives the turn, it has a high chance to KO with a +1 Tough Claws Flare Blitz. It can also heal off damage with Roost.

**Lugia**: Lugia is an even more prominent threat, capable of poisoning Him before getting rid of Him with Whirlwind or Dragon Tail, although it gets nabbed by Judgment.

**Toxic**: Arceus does not approve of Toxic. It slowly deteriorates His health, and eventually it takes more that He recovers. Unfortunately, a lot of Pokémon run Toxic as a filler move this generation, which means that He must tread carefully in all environments, or suffer for lack of preparation.

**Sticky Web**: Sticky Web isn't a commonly seen hazard, but it can slow down Arceus's Sweep and make Him prone to faster sweepers.

Overview
########
Rising high above the earth, the Supreme Creator emerges onto the battlefield wielding the power of the mighty thunderbolt. Dare not incur His wrath, as a powerful Judgment coming off of a base 120 Special Attack stat is something to be feared. Arceus Electric can check many prominent threats in the new metagame, including Ho-Oh, Yveltal, and Kyogre, and is now immune to paralysis, which could previously hinder a sweep. Not everything is favorable for Electric Arceus though. With the loss of permanent rain, He cannot effectively utilize Thunder like He used to, and with a lackluster defensive typing, He has a tough time switching into attacks and therefore cannot serve as an effective glue for His team. Nevertheless, Electric Arceus is a big threat that should be taken into account when building a team.

Calm Mind
########
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Moves
========
Calm Mind Electric Arceus is a powerful force that must not be underestimated, as after a Calm Mind boost, Electric Arceus puts a major dent into any Pokemon without a resistance to Electric-type moves. Judgment is Electric Arceus's preferred STAB move, as it has a solid 100 Base Power. When boosted by STAB, Zap Plate, and possible Calm Mind boosts, Judgment can rip through many Pokemon in the tier. Thunderbolt is another option, as it has eight additional PP and a 10% chance to paralyze its target. However, compared to Judgment, Thunderbolt has ten less Base Power, and this difference has become quite noticeable this generation:
+1 252 SpA Zap Plate Arceus-Electric Judgment vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Kyogre: 378-446 (93.5 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252 SpA Zap Plate Arceus-Electric Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Kyogre: 338-402 (83.6 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Ice Beam provides pseudo-BoltBeam coverage, which is nearly unresisted. Recover is in the final moveslot so that Electric Arceus can prolong His lifespan, to assist in setup or allow Him to maintain a sweep.

Set Details
========
The given EVs maximize Electric Arceus's power and speed, and allow Him to 2HKO Groudon with Ice Beam. A Timid nature is recommended, as it allows Electric Arceus to Speed tie with other max Speed Arceus formes. If better bulk and a reliable switch-in to Palkia is preferred, Electric Arceus can opt for a spread of 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe. For both power and bulk, 160 EVs can be siphoned from Speed and deposited into HP, as 96 Speed EVs are enough for Electric Arceus to outspeed fully invested base 100s.

Usage Tips
========
This set has a seemingly simple strategy (set up and sweep), but there are a few guidelines to follow in order to effectively utilize Electric Arceus. It's best to start by attacking directly with Electric Arceus, and only use Calm Mind if the opponent's Pokemon is weakened and unable to KO Electric Arceus before He does the same. For example, when facing Groudon, premature boosting is futile as one Earthquake can be all it takes to KO Electric Arceus, and it's best to throw out Ice Beam. Recover should only be used when needed, or when predicting a switch against something like Palkia.

Team Options
========
Electric Arceus has a singular weakness to Ground-type moves, so Pokemon that can take advantage of this, such as Kyogre and Yveltal, along with checks to Ground-types, such as Landorus-T and Giratina-O, are useful teammates. Mixed Rayquaza is a good partner too, as it is immune to Ground-type attacks and can handle many of Electric Arceus's common checks. Lastly, Mega Gengar is useful for trapping and eliminating many of Electric Arceus's checks and counters, most notably Chansey, Blissey, and weakened Excadrill. Most non-Ground-type teammates appreciate Electric Arceus's immunity to Thunder Wave, making Him a useful teammate to them as well.

Other Options
########
Electric Arceus has access to a few other viable moves that He can utilize. Thunder can be used over Judgment for more power, but the nerf to weather makes the move unreliable. Focus Blast can be used to deal with a few checks, such as Dialga, Tyranitar, Excadrill, and Ferrothorn, but it is just as unreliable as Thunder is. Electric Arceus can attempt to run a support set, but His lackluster defensive typing, which provides Him with resistances to only Electric-, Flying-, and Steel-type attacks, makes Him less viable for such a role, and another Arceus forme should be run if a support set is required.

Checks & Counters
########
**Bulky Ground-types**: Bulky Ground-types that can switch in on Judgment and take an Ice Beam easily serve as excellent checks, as they can either set up or retaliate with Earthquake. Examples include Excadrill, Quagsire, Ground Arceus, Groudon, Mamoswine, and Gastrodon.

**Ferrothorn**: Ferrothorn can easily tank Electric Arceus's common moves, damage Him with Toxic or Leech Seed, and set entry hazards.

**Bulky Fairy-types**: Clefable, Xerneas, and Sylveon are all bulky Fairy-types that cannot be immediately OHKOed, provide some sort of support, through Wish or Aromatherapy, and can poison Electric Arceus with Toxic. Furthermore, Xerneas can even phaze out Electric Arceus.

**Blobs**: Chansey and Blissey, with their high HP and Special Defense stats, can easily take all of Electric Arceus's moves and stall Him out with a combination of Toxic and Softboiled.

**Dialga**: Dialga can take both Judgment and Ice Beam fairly easily, and either retaliate with Draco Meteor or phaze Him out with Roar or Dragon Tail.

**Mega Tyranitar**: With its high Special Defense, which is further boosted by the sandstorm it summons, Mega Tyranitar can wall Electric Arceus.

**Giratina**: Giratina has a high HP stat and above average defenses, meaning that it can tank any move from Electric Arceus with relative ease, even a boosted Ice Beam, and phaze Him out.

**Abomasnow**: (Mega) Abomasnow resists Judgment, takes little from Ice Beam, and can fight back with Leech Seed and Wood Hammer.

**Mega Charizard X**: It's not a good idea to switch Mega Charizard X in on a boosted attack, but if it manages to nab a Dragon Dance, it has a high chance to KO Electric Arceus with a +1 Tough Claws-boosted Flare Blitz. It can also heal off damage with Roost.

**Lugia**: Lugia is a prominent threat, capable of crippling Electric Arceus with Toxic before phazing Him out with Whirlwind or Dragon Tail. However, it takes decent damage from Judgment.

**Toxic**: Electric Arceus hates Toxic, as He will steadily lose HP and will eventually lose more that He can Recover back. Unfortunately, many Pokemon run Toxic as a filler move, meaning that Electric Arceus must be used carefully.

**Sticky Web**: Sticky Web isn't a common entry hazard, but it can slow Electric Arceus down and render Him vulnerable to faster sweepers.

Overview
########
Rising high above the Eearth, the Supreme Creator emerges onto the battlefield, this time wielding the power of the mighty thunderbolectron. Dare not incur His wrath, as a powerful Judgment coming off of an effective 508 s base 120 Special aAttack is nostat is something with which one should mess. With a new metagame dto be feared. Arceus Electric can check many prominated by newent threats, the God of Lightning is able to check many of them new metagame, including Ho-Oh, Yveltal, and Kyogre. Not even, and is now immune to paralysis can stop Him from bringing His electrifying justice, which could previously hinder a sweep. Not everything is bright and sunnyfavorable for the Supreme Deity,Electric Arceus though. With the loss of permanent weatherrain, He cannot sling aroundeffectively utilize Thunder like He used to. Also, and with a lackluster defensive typing, He cannot easilyhas a tough time switching into many attacksattacks and therefore cannot serve as an effective glue for His team. Nevertheless, Arceus Electric iArceus istill a big threat, and that should always be prepared fortaken into account when building a team.

CALM MIND SWEEPERalm Mind
########
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

Moves
========
Calm Mind Arceus-Electric iArceus istill a powerful Fforce, and that must not be underestimated. A, as after a Calm Mind Bboost, Electric Arceus puts a major dent into anything that doesn't resist Him Pokemon without a resistance to Electric-type moves. Judgment is theElectric Arceus's preferred STAB move, as it has a solid 100 bBase pPower Zap Plate. When boosted by STAB, Zap Plattack, coming off of a 339 special attack ae, and possible Calm Mind 252 special attack EVboosts, Judgment can rip through many Pokéemon in the tier. That's not even factoring in Calm Mind boosts. Thunderbolt is another option, with 8 moreas it has eight additional PP and a 10% chance to paralyze; h its target. However, icompared to Judgment, Thunderbolt has 10ten less bBase pPower, and powerthis difference has become quite noticeable this generation:
Ice Beam provides pseudo-BoltBeam coverage, which is nearly unresisted. Recover is in the final moveslot so that Electric Arceus can prolong His lifespan, to andssist in setup or allow Him to maintain Hisa sweep.

Set Details
========
The EVs are invested so as togiven EVs maximize Electric Arceus's power and speed, and it allows Him to 2HKO Groudon on with Ice switchBeam. A Timid nature is the preferrcommended nature, as it allows Electric Arceus to outsSpeed tie with other Arceus types and set up fastermax Speed Arceus formes. If better bulk and a safreliable switch-in to Palkia is preferred, HeElectric Arceus can opt for a spread of 252 HP and/ 4 special attack EVs; however, if investment inSpA / 252 Spe. For both is optimal, then 96 speedpower and bulk, 160 EVs can be usiphoned to outsfrom Speed base 100 sand deposited into HP, as 96 Speed Pokémon with maximum EVs are enough for Electric Arceus to outspeed fully investment, with 160 free EVs remaininged base 100s.

Usage Tips
========
This set has a seemingly simple strategy (set up and sweep), but there are a few guidelines to be followed in order to most effectively use himtilize Electric Arceus. It's best to start by attacking directly with Electric Arceus, and only usinge Calm Mind if the fopponent's Pokemon is weakened and unable to KO HimElectric Arceus before He does the same. For example, when facing Groudon, premature boosting is futile, as one Earthquake iscan be all it takes to KO Elosectric Arceus, a Pokémon; rathernd it's best to starthrow out spamming Ice Beam. Recover should only be used when needed, or when predicting a switch against something like Palkia.

Team Options
========
Arceus Electric Arceus has only onea singular weakness, a to Ground-type moves, so Pokéemon that can take advantage of that, likeis, such as Kyogre and Yveltal, along with checks to Ground -types, likesuch as Landorus Therian-T and Giratina Origin, can b-O, are useful teammates. Mixed Rayquaza is a good partner too, as it is also immune to Ground-type attacks and can handle many of Electric Arceus's common checks. FinalLastly, Mega Gengar is useful for trapping and eliminating many of HiElectric Arceus's checks and counters, most notably Chansey, Blissey, and a weakened Excadrill. Most of the non-Ground -type teammates appreciate HiElectric Arceus's immunity to Thunder Wave, making Him a useful teammate to them as well.

Other Options
########
Electric Arceus has access to a few other viable moves in His arsenal that He can use as welltilize. Thunder can be used over Judgment for more power, but the nerf to weather makes this ane move unreliable tactic. Focus Blast can be used to deal with a few checks, includingsuch as Dialga, Tyranitar, Excadrill, and Ferrothorn, although thisbut it is just as unreliable as Thunder is. HeElectric Arceus can attempt tryo running a Ssupport Set; however,set, but His lackluster defensive typing, which providinges Him with resistances to only Electric-, Flying-, and Steel-type attacks, makes Him less viable to performing thisuch a role, and it's bettanother to give Him another plateArceus forme should be run if a support set is required.

Checks & Counters
########
**Bulky Ground T-types**: Bulky Ground -type Pokémons that can switch in on a Judgment, and take an Ice Beam easily serve as excellent checks, as they cand either set up or retaliate with a boosted Earthquake. Examples include Excadrill, Quagsire, Ground Arceus holding an Earth Plate, Groudon, Mamoswine, and Gastrodon.

**Ferrothorn**: Ferrothorn can easily tank all of HisElectric Arceus's common moves, poison Himdamage Him with Toxic or Leech Seed, and set entry hazards/seeds & begin to deal damage.

**Bulky Fairy T-types**: Clefable, Xerneas, and even Sylveon are all bulky Fairy -types that can'not be immediately OHKO'ed, that can provide some sort of support, such asthrough Wish or Aromatherapy, and can poison Electric Arceus with Toxic, or, in . Furthe case ofrmore, Xerneas, can even phaze Him away, before being taken downout Electric Arceus.

**Blobs**: Chansey and Blissey, with their naturally high HealthP and Special Defense stats, can easily take all of Electric Arceus's moves easily, and can stall Him out with harmful statusa combination of Toxic and Softboiled.

**Dialga**: Dialga can take both Judgment and Ice Beam fairly easily, and either retaliate with Draco Meteor, or phaze Him out with Roar or Dragon Tail.

**Mega Tyranitar**: Mega Tyranitar can wall Arceus with aWith its high Special Defense, which is further boosted inby the sandstorm its own summoned sandstorms, Mega Tyranitar can wall Electric Arceus.

**Giratina (Altered Forme)**: Giratina has a high HP stat and above- average defenses, which meansing that it will becan taking allnk any moves, including a super eff from Elective, Calm Mind-boosted Ice Beam,ric Arceus with relative ease. This will allow the Renegade Pokémon to remove Him from the field, even a boosted Ice Beam, and do whatever it wants to the next Pokémon scot-freephaze Him out.

**Abomasnow**: Abomasnow and (Mega) Abomasnow resists Judgment, takes little more from Ice Beam, and can fight back with Leech Seeds and Wood Hammer.

**Mega Charizard X**: It's not a good idea to switch in MegaX Charizard X in on a boosted attack, but if it manages to get inab a Dragon Dance and survives the turn, it has a high chance to KO Electric Arceus with a +1 Tough Claws-boosted Flare Blitz. It can also heal off damage with Roost.

**Lugia**: Lugia is an even more prominent threat, capable of poisoncrippling HimElectric Arceus with Toxic before gettphazing rid of Him out with Whirlwind or Dragon Tail, although. However, it getakes nabbed bydecent damage from Judgment.

**Toxic**: Electric Arceus does not approve ofhates Toxic. It slowly deteriorates His health,, as He will steadily lose HP and will eventually it takeslose more that He rcan Recovers back. Unfortunately, a lot ofmany Pokéemon run Toxic as a filler move this generation, which meansing that HeElectric Arceus must treabe used carefully in all environments, or suffer for lack of preparation.

**Sticky Web**: Sticky Web isn't a commonly seentry hazard, but it can slow downElectric Arceus's Sweepdown and makerender Him pronvulnerable to faster sweepers.

Last edited:
hey blitzlefan arceus still has capitalized He, so if you could change that it would be nice (don't refer to it as 'it')
unfortunately that makes a significant portion of your check unnecessary and the overview doesnt need rewording imo because it is pre-decided for arc formes; there were errors in the paragraph, though. I'll get to this soon n_n

blitzlefan

shake it off!
hey blitzlefan arceus still has capitalized He, so if you could change that it would be nice (don't refer to it as 'it')
unfortunately that makes a significant portion of your check unnecessary and the overview doesnt need rewording imo because it is pre-decided for arc formes; there were errors in the paragraph, though. I'll get to this soon n_n
Uh-oh! In places where "it" or "its" referred to Electric Arceus, I changed the words to "Him" or "His" (is this right?). I didn't make any changes in places where I had replaced "Him" or "His" previously with something else though, because I think using "Electric Arceus" is okay. Hope this helps!

QC Approvals: Sweep/Fireburn/Melee Mewtwo

Checks & Counters
########

**Dialga**: Dialga can take both Judgment and Ice Beam fairly easily, and either retaliate with Draco Meteor or phaze Him out with Roar or Dragon Tail.

**Lugia**: Lugia is a prominent threat, capable of crippling Electric Arceus with Toxic before phazing Him out with Whirlwind or Dragon Tail. However, it takes decent damage from Judgment.

Hi, I hate to say this now as this is already in GP stage, but Lugia is only a one-time check at best, quite possibly the worse possible check ever as it is actually WEAK TO ELECTRIC STAB. If Electriceus set up calm mind or hit with Judgement on switch in, all Lugia can do is phaze and take HUGE (not decent) damages, or toxic E-Arceus and get killed by Judgement. Really, Lugia is more of a pokemon for Electric Arceus to take advantage of, not a check to it at all. For your reference (Stealth Rock is NOT included btw, so yeah):

252 SpA Zap Plate Arceus-Electric Judgment vs. 252 HP / 80 SpD Multiscale Lugia: 120-142 (28.8 - 34.1%) -- 98.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Zap Plate Arceus-Electric Judgment vs. 252 HP / 80 SpD Lugia: 240-284 (57.6 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.

Also, if Dialga hit you with Draco Meteor, you should be glad as you can recover and set up calm mind on it. So the part of "retaliate with Draco Meteor" needs to go. It is more like retaliate with Toxic if anything.

Edit: I read your original skeleton and you don't actually have Lugia originally and have Reshiram on it(which need to be added). I don't know why you don't follow with it lol.

Last edited:

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cobalt314

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########
Rising high above the Earth, the Supreme Creator emerges onto the battlefield, this time wielding the power of the mighty electron. Dare not incur His wrath, as a Judgment coming off of an effective 508 Special Attack is not something with which one should mess with. With a new metagame dominated by new threats, the God of Lightning is able to check many of them, including Ho-Oh, Yveltal, and Kyogre. Not even paralysis can stop Him from bringing His electrifying justice. Not everything is bright and sunny for the Supreme Deity, though. However, with the loss of permanent weather, He cannot sling around Thunder like He used to. Also, with lackluster defensive typing, He cannot easily switch into many attacks. Nevertheless, Electric Arceus is still a big threat, and should always be prepared for when building a team.

Calm Mind
########
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Moves
========
Calm Mind Electric Arceus is a powerful force that must not be underestimated, as after a Calm Mind boost, (RC) Electric Arceus puts a major dent into any Pokemon without a resistance to Electric-type moves. Judgment is Electric Arceus's preferred STAB move, as it has a solid 100 Base Power. When boosted by STAB, Zap Plate, and possible Calm Mind boosts, Judgment can rip through many Pokemon in the tier. Thunderbolt is another option, as it has eight additional PP and a 10% chance to paralyze its target. However, compared to Judgment, Thunderbolt has ten less Base Power, and this difference has become quite noticeable this generation:

Ice Beam provides pseudo-BoltBeam coverage, which is nearly unresisted by very few Pokemon in ubers. Recover is in the final moveslot so that Electric Arceus can prolong His lifespan, to assist in setup or allow Him to maintain a sweep.

Set Details
========
The given EVs maximize Electric Arceus's power and Speed, (RC) and allow Him to 2HKO Groudon with Ice Beam. A Timid nature is recommended, as it allows Electric Arceus to Speed tie with other max Speed Arceus formes. If better bulk and a reliable switch-in to Palkia is preferred, Electric Arceus can opt for a spread of 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe. For both power and bulk, 160 EVs can be siphoned from Speed and deposited into HP, as 96 Speed EVs are enough for Electric Arceus to outspeed fully invested base 100s.

Usage Tips
========
This set has a seemingly simple strategy (set up and sweep), but there are a few guidelines to follow in order to effectively utilize Electric Arceus. It's best to start by attacking directly with Electric Arceus, and only use Calm Mind if the opponent's Pokemon is weakened and unable to KO Electric Arceus before He does the same. For example, when facing Groudon, premature boosting is futile as one Earthquake can be all it takes to KO Electric Arceus, and so it's best to throw out Ice Beam. Recover should only be used when needed, or when predicting a switch against something like Palkia.

Team Options
========
Electric Arceus has a singular weakness to Ground-type moves, so Pokemon that can take advantage of this, such as Kyogre and Yveltal, along with checks to Ground-types, such as Landorus-T and Giratina-O, are useful teammates. Mixed Rayquaza is a good partner too, as it is immune to Ground-type attacks and can handle many of Electric Arceus's common checks such as?. Lastly, Mega Gengar is useful for trapping and eliminating many of Electric Arceus's checks and counters, most notably Chansey, Blissey, and weakened Excadrill. Most non-Ground-type teammates appreciate Electric Arceus's immunity to Thunder Wave, making Him a useful teammate to them as well.

Other Options
########
Electric Arceus has access to a few other viable moves that He can utilize. Thunder can be used over Judgment for more power, but the nerf to weather makes the move unreliable. Focus Blast can be used to deal with a few checks, such as Dialga, Tyranitar, Excadrill, and Ferrothorn, but it is just as unreliable as Thunder is. Electric Arceus can attempt to run a support set, but His lackluster defensive typing, which provides Him with resistances to only Electric-, Flying-, and Steel-type attacks, makes Him less viable for such a role, and another Arceus forme should be run if a support set is required.

Checks & Counters
########
**Bulky Ground-types**: Bulky Ground-types that can switch in on Judgment and take an Ice Beam easily serve as excellent checks, as they can either set up or retaliate with Earthquake. Examples include Excadrill, Quagsire, Ground Arceus, Groudon, Mamoswine, and Gastrodon.

**Ferrothorn**: Ferrothorn can easily tank Electric Arceus's common moves, damage Him with Toxic or Leech Seed, and set up entry hazards.

**Bulky Fairy-types**: Clefable, Xerneas, and Sylveon are all bulky Fairy-types that cannot be immediately OHKOed, provide some sort of support, through Wish or Aromatherapy, and can poison Electric Arceus with Toxic. Furthermore, Xerneas can even phaze out Electric Arceus.

**Blobs**: Chansey and Blissey, with their high HP and Special Defense stats, can easily take all of Electric Arceus's moves and stall Him out with a combination of Toxic and Soft-Boiled.

**Dialga**: Dialga can take both Judgment and Ice Beam fairly easily, (RC) and either retaliate with Toxic or phaze Him out with Roar or Dragon Tail.

**Mega Tyranitar**: With its high Special Defense, which is further boosted by the sandstorm it summons, Mega Tyranitar can wall Electric Arceus without the uncommon Focus Blast.

**Giratina**: Giratina has a high HP stat and above average defenses, meaning that it can tank any move from Electric Arceus with relative ease, even a boosted Ice Beam, and phaze Him out.

**Abomasnow**: Mega Abomasnow resists Judgment, takes little from Ice Beam, and can fight back with Leech Seed and Wood Hammer.

**Mega Charizard X**: It's not a good idea to switch Mega Charizard X in on a boosted attack, but if it manages to nab a Dragon Dance, it has a high chance to KO Electric Arceus with a +1 Tough Claws-boosted Flare Blitz. It can also heal off damage with Roost.

**Lugia**: Lugia is a prominent threat, capable of crippling Electric Arceus with Toxic before phazing Him out with Whirlwind or Dragon Tail. However, it takes huge damage from Judgment.

**Toxic**: Electric Arceus hates Toxic, as He will steadily lose HP and will eventually lose more that He can Recover back. Unfortunately, many Pokemon run Toxic as a filler move, meaning that Electric Arceus must be used carefully.

**Sticky Web**: Sticky Web isn't a common entry hazard, but it can slow Electric Arceus down and render Him vulnerable to faster sweepers.

I think the captialized "He" "Him" thing is really really dumb and I'd prefer it changed but w/e

GP Approved 2/2

Last edited:
Just a couple small things on top of Gato's check
  • Remove the ability tag. You only use that when there is more than one legal option.
  • From the section around the damage calcs
    • However, compared to Judgment, Thunderbolt has ten less Base Power this generation, and this difference has become is quite noticeable this generation:
    • <ul class="damage_calculation">
      <li>+1 252 SpA Zap Plate Arceus-Electric Judgment vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD 252/4 Kyogre: 378-446 (93.5 - 110.3%) -- &mdash; 62.5% chance to OHKO</li>
      <li>+1 252 SpA Zap Plate Arceus-Electric Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD 252/4 Kyogre: 338-402 (83.6 - 99.5%) -- &mdash; guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery</li>
      </ul>

Just a couple small things on top of Gato's check
  • Remove the ability tag. You only use that when there is more than one legal option.
  • From the section around the damage calcs
    • However, compared to Judgment, Thunderbolt has ten less Base Power this generation, and this difference has become is quite noticeable this generation:
    • <ul class="damage_calculation">
      <li>+1 252 SpA Zap Plate Arceus-Electric Judgment vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD 252/4 Kyogre: 378-446 (93.5 - 110.3%) -- &mdash; 62.5% chance to OHKO</li>
      <li>+1 252 SpA Zap Plate Arceus-Electric Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD 252/4 Kyogre: 338-402 (83.6 - 99.5%) -- &mdash; guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery</li>
      </ul>
Two things:
1. If I should remove the ability tag, shouldn't I also remove the item tag?
2. Regarding the damage calculations: what does the &mdash mean?

blitzlefan

shake it off!
"Rising high above the Earth, the Supreme Creator emerges onto the battlefield, this time wielding the power of the mighty electron. Dare not incur His wrath, as a Judgment coming off of an effective 508 Special Attack is not something one should mess with."
I don't mean to nitpick this, but I believe that Electric Arceus does not have an effective 508 Special Attack.
If I understand correctly, 508 is equal to Electric Arceus's Special Attack stat with a Timid nature and 252 SpA EVs, and then multiplied by 1.5 for STAB. 339 * 1.5 = 508.5 (Does Pokemon round up or down?)
In my opinion, this is misleading as STAB is not mentioned in the sentence, and makes people believe that Electric Arceus has a higher Special Attack than it really does - and the 508 stat does not apply to its coverage move (Ice Beam).
However, if we're assuming that "effective 508 Special Attack" applies to Judgment only (in which case a STAB multiplier is appropriate), then I believe Zap Plate's boost should be factored in too, in which case 339 * 1.5 * 1.2 = 610.2.

Hi, I hate to say this now as this is already in GP stage, but Lugia is only a one-time check at best, quite possibly the worse possible check ever as it is actually WEAK TO ELECTRIC STAB. If Electriceus set up calm mind or hit with Judgement on switch in, all Lugia can do is phaze and take HUGE (not decent) damages, or toxic E-Arceus and get killed by Judgement. Really, Lugia is more of a pokemon for Electric Arceus to take advantage of, not a check to it at all. For your reference (Stealth Rock is NOT included btw, so yeah):

252 SpA Zap Plate Arceus-Electric Judgment vs. 252 HP / 80 SpD Multiscale Lugia: 120-142 (28.8 - 34.1%) -- 98.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Zap Plate Arceus-Electric Judgment vs. 252 HP / 80 SpD Lugia: 240-284 (57.6 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.

Also, if Dialga hit you with Draco Meteor, you should be glad as you can recover and set up calm mind on it. So the part of "retaliate with Draco Meteor" needs to go. It is more like retaliate with Toxic if anything.

Edit: I read your original skeleton and you don't actually have Lugia originally and have Reshiram on it(which need to be added). I don't know why you don't follow with it lol.
Decent if you include Mscale, which should probably be mentioned. Missed the Dialga blurb about DMing, should be only mentioning phazing. Reshi is CM fodder.

Also, I wouldn' mind not using He/HIm in the arceus analyses for whatever it's worth. Gato

"Rising high above the Earth, the Supreme Creator emerges onto the battlefield, this time wielding the power of the mighty electron. Dare not incur His wrath, as a Judgment coming off of an effective 508 Special Attack is not something one should mess with."
I don't mean to nitpick this, but I believe that Electric Arceus does not have an effective 508 Special Attack.
If I understand correctly, 508 is equal to Electric Arceus's Special Attack stat with a Timid nature and 252 SpA EVs, and then multiplied by 1.5 for STAB. 339 * 1.5 = 508.5 (Does Pokemon round up or down?)
In my opinion, this is misleading as STAB is not mentioned in the sentence, and makes people believe that Electric Arceus has a higher Special Attack than it really does - and the 508 stat does not apply to its coverage move (Ice Beam).
However, if we're assuming that "effective 508 Special Attack" applies to Judgment only (in which case a STAB multiplier is appropriate), then I believe Zap Plate's boost should be factored in too, in which case 339 * 1.5 * 1.2 = 610.2.
The 508 Special Attack is after a Calm Mind boost. This is so that it applies to both Judgment and Ice Beam

blitzlefan

shake it off!
The 508 Special Attack is after a Calm Mind boost. This is so that it applies to both Judgment and Ice Beam
IMO you should probably add that in - Electric Arceus doesn't always have a Calm Mind boost. I think it's sort of misleading to write that, but it's up to you I guess. (I could be wrong.)

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just say "508 Special Attack after a Calm Mind boost"

Also, I wouldn' mind not using He/HIm in the arceus analyses for whatever it's worth. Gato
Yeah I just don't like it. Reminds me of "oh my Arceus"

Ps I don't get notifications if you just go @ gato
^didn't mean to tag, just wanted to direct the comment at you :p ~MM2

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)