Battle Maison Discussion & Records

I haven't updated in a while, but I found a 5IV Shelder (Missing HP) in my box, so I'm going to use it as a setup sweeper.
Shelder @ Kings Rock (Skill Link)
252Att/252Speed/4SpecAtt Jolly
Shell Smash
Razor Shell
icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Plan, Shell Smash, Wreck ***. This will be fun.

Update: Well.... Now I know why Cloyster is OU XD. In all seriousness, this thing is amazing, one turn for a SD/NP/Agility? Hell yeah! Add the Kings Rock for added revenge flinch hax (HURTS, DOESN'T IT?) and you have my Super Singles lead.

Last edited:
Hi, so i just made my team. Feel free to make suggestions and revisions. My latest update would be that I finally got past Battle Chatelaine Evelyn on Super Doubles. I'm now at streak 58.

i'm using this team:

Aron@Berry Juice
Level 1
-Endeavor
-Protect
-Swagger
-Toxic

Hitmontop@Sitrus Berry
Intimidate
Adamant
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 6 Spe
-Fake Out
-Wide Guard
-Close Combat
-Mach Punch

Kangaskhan@Kangaskhanite
Scrappy/ Parental Bond
Adamant
252 Atk/252 Spe/ 6 HP
-Fake Out
-Power-up Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Return

Talonflame@NONE for Acrobatics efficiency
Gale Wings
Adamant
252 Atk/ 80 Hp/ 176 Spe
-Acrobatics
-Will-o-wisp
-Flare Blitz
-U-turn

So yeah, strategy is relatively similar to Eppie's utilizing level 1 pokemon to draw attention to itself 9/10th of the time. An endeavor coupled with top's fake out, guarantees an almost KO against a non-ghost opponent lead, which will be dealt accordingly by a swift (no pun intended) mach punch off of hitmontop the succeeding turn. I proceed to endeavor again on the other lead (if it's a non ghost type). Intimidate lead is quite viable to prevent the foe from knocking out my pokemon faster (assuming they're utilizing physical threats).

Wide Guard functions as a secondary protect, guaranteeing longevity to aron and other party pokemon against spread moves particularly surf, earthquake, and rock slide (the latter, from flinch hax as well).

Kangaskhan's standard. Acts as a cushion assuming that Aron has already been knocked out, by providing top a chance to use CC with a mega fake out, or a regular fake out if the need to combat threatening ghosts arises. Talonflame's Gale wings is really helpful to nab those residual damages to prevent foe from doing more detrimental effects such as statuses. Power-up Punch can be attained by sacrificing talonflame or if it's not yet knocked out, switching to top to weaken foe's attacks. This helps me attain KOs against threats.

Talonflame's standard doubles spread. Will-o-wisp replaces one move as it further weakens the opponent, allowing me to safely land power-up punches to finish them off. Acrobatics over Brave Bird prevents recoil damage and is guaranteed to hit as much by having talonflame hold nothing.

In tight circumstances, I try to abuse aron's almost always guaranteed attention to draw attacks to itself strategy to knock out some pokemon by abusing protect once during the event. It's been quite rewarding to help top avoid damage, while keeping the enemy at bay from doing anything detrimental to this team's performance.

--
Basically, i find other pokemon who carry status inducing moves (particularly paralyze, most of the time), opponent mon with recovery item that bypasses the 1 hit knock out that mach punch can bring, ghost types, or those types that are resistant to mach punch hindrances to achieving the desired set-up.

Likewise, protect users are worth a mention as they evade any chances of inducing flinch or endeavor, which are detrimental to this set's primary purposes.

I haven't updated in a while, but I found a 5IV Shelder (Missing HP) in my box, so I'm going to use it as a setup sweeper.
Shelder @ Kings Rock (Skill Link)
252Att/252Speed/4SpecAtt Jolly
Shell Smash
Razor Shell
icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Plan, Shell Smash, Wreck ***. This will be fun.

Update: Well.... Now I know why Cloyster is OU XD. In all seriousness, this thing is amazing, one turn for a SD/NP/Agility? Hell yeah! Add the Kings Rock for added revenge flinch hax (HURTS, DOESN'T IT?) and you have my Super Singles lead.
I would recommend to use a Adamant or Naughty Cloyster.
Peterko had great success with that in 5th Gen (and I never understood why no one tried it in 6th tbh, as I don't play Singles myself).
I don't know if you calced things or not but Peterko wrote a detailed analysis of Cloyster and came to the conclussion that Naughty was the best nature.
That was, however, 5th Gen but seeing as Battle Maison is practically identical to Battle Subway you may want to look up Peterko's posts.
You can find the post here

I would recommend to use a Adamant or Naughty Cloyster.
Peterko had great success with that in 5th Gen (and I never understood why no one tried it in 6th tbh, as I don't play Singles myself).
I don't know if you calced things or not but Peterko wrote a detailed analysis of Cloyster and came to the conclussion that Naughty was the best nature.
That was, however, 5th Gen but seeing as Battle Maison is practically identical to Battle Subway you may want to look up Peterko's posts.
You can find the post here
I was thinking That, but he came Joly, and I didnt want to breed a Adamant/Naughty one, I guess I should though... It's going to be a pain rasing ANOTHER one though :/

Edit: I've bred a Adamant Shellder with 5IVs... Good enough :P
Edit2: on a completely unrelated note, I hatched a shiny Shellder XD

Last edited:
Hey guys!!

I've been participating in Smogon forums for a while now but I've never actually posted anything.
First of all, I want to thank for the useful information you all write down in this place. It was thanks to that that I achived this:

farothproof.JPG

Now, I've used many of your recomendations to get all these, but in the triple course I made a team on my own, and I wanted to share with you because it really trashes almost anything. I'm in a middle of a steak right now (115 wins and counting) but I'm getting afraid because I always win with 4 of the 6 pokemon and I'm afraid that the other 2 are practically useless and want to recive some advice of what could I use to back my guys the best way possible. Maybe some1 has posted a similar team before, but I haven't read of something like It yet, so I'm posting it :D

Here it is (Plz excuse me for my English, I'm South American and maybe some things I'm saying are not perfectly written) this is the team:

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze (Drought)
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Speed
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- SolarBeam

This guy is simply a BEAST. He gets sure the fileld gets with harsh sun so Typhlosion can work. At first I thought I'll use a lot of Heat Wave, but as the PC throws me a LOT of rocks, water and ground type pokemon, I use SolarBeam and Air Slash much more than Heat Wave (I even use Air Slash more than SolarBeam, because it can hit anything on the field and also has a chance to flinch!)

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
IVs: 31/x/x/31/31/31
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Rock Slide
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

The Main Character of this team. He is just a Beauty :D I only use Eruption with this dude. He destroys alone even the thoughest Veterans. At some point I realized that fire-type pokemon were the real weakness of my team (because of all the Flash Fire the CPU likes to throw to me), so I gave him Rock Slide just in case. Nevertheless... i've never used anything but Eruption

Cherrim @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flower Gift
IVs: 31/x/31/x/31/31
EVs: 252 HP / 126 Def / 126 SDef
Modest Nature
- Helping Hand
- Solar Beam
- Protect
- Sunny Day

This is the helper. Hard as a Rock and hits surprisingly strong. Even if He doesnt have 31 ivs in Sp.At, he can take care of many water types.
With his AMAZING ability all my team gets 50% more Special Defense. That and the sunlight makes water almost a joke. He also gives 50% more attack (specially for Mienshao).
I almos always use Helping Hand on Typhlosion to make the devastating Eruption attacks, but when many water or water/ground pokemon show at the same time, I usually go for Solar Beam. Protect is for keeping him alive when he is weak. He can absorb special attacks like a Blissey (even fire attacks).

Mienshao @ Big Root
Ability: Regenerator
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch
- U-Turn
- Fake Out

He's my favourite backer. As soon as he enters the field he can Fake-out the biggest threat and get some serious damage in the next turn. Also he heal with the Drain punch or with the U-Turn. He hes a fearsome enemy because of his speed and the 50% more attack given by Flower Gift. And when necesary, I give him Cherrim's Helping Hand to finish almost anything.

Entei @ Flame Plate
Ability: Pressure
IVs: NO IDEA. NONE MAXED
Hasty Nature
- Eruption
- Extrasensory
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Ability: Chlorophyll
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31 (<---- I just realized I got the IVS WRONG!!! LOL )
Adamant Nature
- Razor Leaf
- Leaf Blade
- Dig
- Helping Hand

Now, these 2 guys have been useful in 1 or 2 ocasions. Thats why I'm thinking of replacing them for better back ups. Entei is good but I suppose there's something better out there. He has average IVs also...
And Leafeon... I remember him helping like 2 times. 1 with Dig and another with his AMAZING Speed. With the sun activated he even outrun Typhlosion and can take care of some guys... but he still doesn't convince me, I just realized he's not even well bred. And he doesn't help much since I've realized that my biggest threat are Fire type pokémon.

So guys, the mechanics of my team are simple:
1st turn:
Charizard: Mega-Evolve and Hit Hard something that can survive Eruption (Fire and Water Types mostly)
Typhlosion: Eruption
Cherrim: Helping Hand (Unless too many water, rock or ground types, in that case, SolarBEam)

I can assure you that the damage you make in the first turn is almost always unrepairable. And if you play your cards well, you'll win 50% of the time in the second or third turn.

At first I thought Water and Rock would be my weakness (its logical since my team is based on fire attack), but with the games I realized that water almos never hurt me (Sun + Flower Gift makes a shield for almost everything, exept maybe Waterfall) and many Rock or Ground Type pokemon die with the first Eruption+Helping Hand. Water/Ground??? There are many of those out there, but they fall to Solar Beam like flies.
Then, I thought Veterans would eat me, but there are no legendary out there besides Heathran that can truble my team. Only 1 super Flash-Fire Heathran scared me, but Mienshao took him out like nothing. The other Legendary that can be Scary is Terrakion, but he generaly acts too late, kills my Typhlosion, and Mienshao enters the field to bring him down easily.

So, after some time playing (Like I said, i'm on win steak 115) I realized that Fire Pokemon with Flash Fire and/or Rock attacks are my ruin. Rock slide can kill Charizard AND Typhlosion if it is not prevented. (Typhlosion can outspeed almost anything, so you just need to be careful) So i've wondering if any1 out there may have some advice for me. Of course you can copy my team and try it yourselves. And plz tell me if you can improve it.

See you guys! thx in advance for the tips. I'll be reading :D

Aerodactyl set 4 (by far the most common one you'll see after battle #40) runs Choice Band. So if it uses Earthquake on one of your other mons (both of which are conveniently weak to Ground), Charizard gets a free win.
Thats good to know: Lead with Metagross, AI Aerodactyl will choice into EQ and Charizard saves the day :):)

I'm currently at 60 now, i swapped Nidoking with Vaporeon because Nidoking just can't take a single EQ from anyone (which is very common).
Works pretty except for a close call when I was facing a Zapdos: It pwned my first two pokes but still won cuz of Charizard-Y revenged kill it and then swept the other two.

Thats good to know: Lead with Metagross, AI Aerodactyl will choice into EQ and Charizard saves the day :):)

I'm currently at 60 now, i swapped Nidoking with Vaporeon because Nidoking just can't take a single EQ from anyone (which is very common).
Works pretty except for a close call when I was facing a Zapdos: It pwned my first two pokes but still won cuz of Charizard-Y revenged kill it and then swept the other two.
You're going to have a lot of problems with Electric types, which are pretty numerous thanks to all the Roller Skaters running around. It doesn't help that MegaZard Y's Drought weakens Vaporeon's STAB. In general, Vaporeon has problems killing stuff and gives your opponents good chances to set up. I think you're generally better off sticking with Nidoking, and just switching out to Charizard against anything that has Earthquake. But either way, you're leaving your team with some pretty bad weaknesses to strong and common types (either Electric or Ground). At least with the Ground weakness, you have a Pokemon with an immunity to switch to. You'd rather not for Metagross to tank two Thunders (one on the switch, one on the turn it attacks) before it can even do damage, especially with the tendency of Electric-types to run Shuca Berry or Air Balloon.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
364.jpg

Would I? Not especially...

I know there's a rule about unfinished streaks but I kind of don't care, lol

Hello, Smogon Maisoners. I haven't forgotten about you, or this thread, even if I have such little time to engage you all and myself the way I used to (90% of my posts are in Tower/Frontier/Subway threads). I still feel some weird, irrational obligation to play this game even when "I have better things to do" (don't we all), but one last go wouldn't hurt anyone, right?

Right. Anyway, I tried to reach Cardio's impressive 363-win streak with teams like Greninja/Aegislash/Garchomp, Haxorus/Aegislash/Greninja and Kangaskhan/Aegislash/Hydreigon, even though Hydreigon sucked in BW and is worse now before even accounting for Fairies but since they resist all 18 moves "Hydraegis" was too sexy to pass up. You would think. It still sucked because the team really, really hates status, and Greninja in the first team, as marvelous as Greninja is, does not have the proper support for it like Starmie seemed to in prior generations (and Sturdy Donphan and Golem handcuffing Aegislash is awful).

I got to 178 with Hax/Aegi/Ninja once and lost, and wasn't surprised, because all my teams sucked and didn't have the synergy needed to go real far. I began to question whether my DD Haxorus/Bulky SD Scizor/LO Starmie "Bullet Train" team of BW's Subway was really so outdated just because there are Fairy types now. I was incredibly satisfied with that team in BW—the only thing I didn't like was how Starmie, as much as I love it (my second-favorite poke ever in large part to how good it's been to me in ingame play dating all the way back to Stadium 2), seemed to come up just short on key pokemon like Hippowdon and Volcarona. So I bred a Haxorus and I played a lot of battles with that second team above, and it wasn't long in December that the light bulb went off, and I realized what I really needed. And that was Suicune.

Replace Starmie with Suicune on the above team. I had always wanted to do this in BW because Suicune is hilariously reliable, and I did briefly, but Cune didn't fare very well against Garchomp4, which is a bitch with its Focus Sash and could kill Suicune with a CH +2 Earthquake (after I switch out lead Haxorus). Thanks to a very welcome mechanics change in BW, this is no longer possible:

196/252 Bold Suicune
vs. 252 Jolly Garchomp +2 CH Earthquake : 169 - 199 84.5% - 99.5%

Pretty convenient, huh? Since CHes only do 1.5x damage and not 2x, I don't have to worry about Suicune taking 113% minimum from this admittedly not-that-haxy possibility (it's a single CH, after all, and you don't get to complain about those if your interests lay beyond the Starf or even the Lansat berry). But this is even more convenient than you may realize. The reason I have 196 HP EVs on Suicune is because I have 60 Speed EVs, which is mandatory. They put Bold 31 Spe IV Suicune at 113 speed, which allows it to outpace Garchomp by one point after an Icy Wind (169 / 1.5 = 112.67, and stats are "floored" in pokemon not rounded up). This is ideal because as we know, Garchomp has a Focus Sash, so wouldn't matter if Suicune had 200 SpA (and Ice Beam), or, yes, if it were Starmie. So Icy Wind, the move I have sworn by for almost a decade going back to Emerald, is now required.

Of course, Suicune wasn't available until...yeah. Thanks for screwing up Pokebank, Nintendo. I was able to secure my HGSS Suicune a few weeks back, though, and I was at it all month with the team I'm about to post. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that for whatever reason, my Y game started randomly freezing in my 3DSXL (which is less than a year old and has been treated very well), losing me streaks of 166 and 115 consecutively.

Thinking it had to be the game, I sighed and bought X, beat it in like 8 hours (a refreshing accomplishment for someone who had like 35 hours on his Y game before getting the second badge), ported my team over, and soon ran my streak up to 241 just last Friday...before my DS pretended the game cart has been removed in the middle of battle 242. ("You can't make this up"...well you can, but why?) Infuriated but undeterred, mainly because of how marvelous and FAST this team is, I went out and bought the normal 3DS pictured above...and after a few losses (the latest being Battle 208 below on Tuesday night), I "finally" reached my goal. Without further ado:

Haxorus (F) @ Lum Berry ** Battle Hax
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 108HP/252Atk/148Spe
Lv. 50 stats: 165/218/110/71/90/136
Nature: Adamant
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Substitute
~ Dragon Dance

Nothing changed from my BW Bullet Train team. This was really the catalyst of this XY team, since after losing with my other teams I wondered how much "worse" Haxorus could really be when I knew full well how much of a bitch it is with just one DD. Speed EVs put it at 136 Speed, which I found out after the fact was for a legit reason. 134 is enough to beat the crucial 130 Base Speed + crew (Timid Jolteon, Jolly Aerodactyl, etc.) after a DD, but 135 allowed it to tie with 70 Base Speed pokes that were +1 speed for whatever reason (think Scarf Metagross, even though there obviously isn't one in the Maison), and since speed ties are stupid why not make it 136? Well, here is why:

91 (Lv 50 speed stat) + 32 (speed points added with 252 Speed EVs) * 1.1 (Jolly Nature) = 135 Speed. Now what has the 71 Base Speed required to achieve this?

4 | Tyrantrum | Jolly | Choice Band | Crunch | Dragon Claw | Earthquake | Head Smash | Atk/Spe

Yeah. Speed tying with this would have been real stupid given the rest of my team (not that anything short of Cobalion or Steelix likes STAB CB Head Smash), which it will use against Haxorus even though DC is stronger (I lost my Scizor to this once, and was like "why...why would you...DC is stronger..."). Seriously, if there's a Battle Factory in "Pokemon Z", and you're up against this, and you have this pokemon in the back:

4 | Lucario | | Weakness Policy | Aura Sphere | Dragon Pulse | Stone Edge | ExtremeSpeed | Atk/SpA/Spd

You can't switch it in safely, because Head Smash does 46-54% and this Lucario actually has 131 speed. That's how lol the damage is. Enough of the sidetrack (sorry, I like numbers like this, as some of you may remember).

Haxorus is still the beast it was in BW, and Sub allows it to stand a chance against second-poke Fairies like Gardevoir and Mr. Mime after you kill poke one with Outrage (or third-poke, as the game doesn't always send out Fairies in this situation for whatever reason). One has to err on the side of EQing the lead foe because of Fairies, but besides that, Haxorus likes the CH nerf just as much as Suicune does. I can DD on things like Electivire4 (Jolly, IP) and Lanturn4 (IB) with complete security knowing that even a CH will not kill and Freezes are thawed by Lum. That is a really, really comforting reality. Haxorus would be my MVP if it were fair to have one given that this is really a total team effort, but many, MANY battles were four turns long just as they were in BW...I'd say about 30-40% of them. And speed is as important as it ever was.

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244HP/252Atk/12Spe
Lv. 50 (Mega) stats: 176/222/160/76/120/97
Nature: Adamant
~ Bullet Punch
~ Bug Bite
~ Swords Dance
~ Roost

Such a good pokemon. Scizor and Suicune always fought over who should get the Leftovers in prior gens, and with the advent of Scizorite, Scizor gladly ceded them to Suicune, who always seemed to need them a bit more than the big bad bug. A calc:

252 Adamant Mega Scizor +2 Bug Bite
vs. Adamant Flareon : 100% - 117.9%

This is stupid. Just stupid. One turn of setup and it's OHKOing a resist every time? Silly. As is how reliable this is thanks to Roost, Skarmory-trumping 70/140/100 defenses (Skarm is 65/140/70) and just one weakness (something Aegislash wishes it had...grrr). Scizorite also came in handy against Alakazam4 (and Reuniclus4 to an extent) because Zam almost always uses Trick and it has Choice Specs so it will fail when I switch. The best is that sometimes the oh-so-clever AI I altered with past Trick scarfing exploits (sorry, but I think I'm allowed to take credit for that at this point!) won't even switch out immediately to be ~UNprEdIcTaBLe~ (I once got to +6 at Zam tricked three more times before finally switching).

Scizor itself is required even if just for its great priority with no immunities (something else Aegislash wishes it had...can you see where my grrring comes from yet lol) that comes in very handy. Bug Bite wasn't *that* required (I actually bred a Scizor with XS), but once I settled for waiting for my last poke to become available, I got both from kiera (I love you kiera!!) and her Japanese Pokebank capabilities. Which brings me to my last poke...

https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=7465875
Suicune @ Leftovers ** Holy Water
EVs: 196HP/252Def/60Spe
Lv. 50 stats: 200/78/183/110/135/113
Nature: Bold
~ Scald
~ Icy Wind
~ Calm Mind
~ Rest

The answer to anyone's prayers. Suicune can beat virtually anything 1-on-1 thanks to Pressure, Icy Wind giving it initiative, and the familiar "Calm Mind Suicune has no weak especially with nerfed CHes". This thing is the answer to any status thanks to Rest and Scald thawing freezes. And yes, "I swear by Icy Wind", even after all these years, especially with the Ice Beam nerf. I've missed with it before in crucial spots but I don't even care, it's so worth it. I wouldn't use Hydro Pump over Scald even if Pump had perfect accuracy, I'm serious.

Pressure is so crucial in how it fucks with Wailord's Fissure PP and stalls out (CB) Stone Edges and Superpower and even 15 PP (8 effectively) moves like Shadow Ball. Suicune is a giant security blanket that throws a wet one on nearly any opponent's plans.

Anyway, here are some battle vids! So glad they let you save more than one at a time...

TYBW-WWWW-WWW5-4J7F: Battle 208, Brightpowder Zapdos is a TOTAL dickhead.
MMFG-WWWW-WWW5-4J76: Battle 176, Garchomp is also a dickhead but M-Scizor is a...cockblocking condom to that dickhead? Yeah something like that, no homo etc.
U9GG-WWWW-WWW5-4J84: Battle 331, I hate Tornadus1 a whole bunch
7BAW-WWWW-WWW5-4J87: Battle 364, I hate Sawk too but whatever

With all that said..."this isn't even my final form". I have a better team than this that I may share with you all later, but I'm glad I was able to "dance with the one who brung you".

damn I screwed up around battle 80:

I send in Metagross vs Gyarados: I survive EQ, then I ZenButt it with +2 weakness policy.
AI sends in Zebstrika, Wildcharge'd my Metagross to death.
I send in Vaporeon because I wanted to keep Charizard-Y just in case. Vaporeon did just enough damage so that Zebstrika died from recoil.

So I'm down with Charizard and AI sends in Starmie!
I was like no biggie Charizard was packing Solarbeam, so I would survive a 50% STAB Surf (w/ Drought) and then OHKO that stupid star (which I did plenty before).

So how did i screw up?
I friggin tapped Solarbeam too fast and forgot to M-volve Charizard, it got OHKO'd by a 100% STAB surf... :,(

damn I screwed up around battle 80:

So how did i screw up?
I friggin tapped Solarbeam too fast and forgot to M-volve Charizard, it got OHKO'd by a 100% STAB surf... :,(
XD
hahaha, sorry. But happens.
Once I forgot to Protect my Blaziken (I used Hone Claws instead, Moveset was Protect, Hone Claws, Substitute and Baton Pass) and the opponent use Taunt. So... ;_;
At least was in the 3rd battle.

I was like: Starmie? oh p-lease Solarbeam that shizzle... then I realized the M-volve animation wasnt happening and screaming noooo when the HP bar was going to zero

Made it to 50 and beat the head battle chick, then lost on battle 51 to a Destiny Bond Froslass. Started a new streak and lost to a Hypnosis-Dream Eater Gengar in the mid-20s.. really need to get that Lum Berry for Dragonite.

Replaced Roost on DNite for Fire Punch and Leech Seed replaced Sleep Powder on MSaur. Still breeding and toying with ideas and such, but keeping this is my team because Greninja KOs a lot of stuff easily and I still love MSaur.

And after a few years away from the game, seeing Jumpman post in this thread almost made me jump out of my chair. He and Peterko were always exciting to watch in the previous battle towers.

I don't have many EVd pokemon yet.
I have Mega mom, Infernape, Weavile, Archeops, Gengar, Cinccino, Feraligatr, Clawitzer, Mismagius.
I was thinking Mega mom, Gengar for fight/ground immunity, and Head Smash Archeops for raw power or maybe Weavile/Nape?

Since there aren't as many super rotations records I tried my luck with that. My streak stopped at 70 when I lost due to some bad damage rolls^^ My record is 69 (lol). Here is the last battle 25WW-WWWW-WWW5-5T43

My team was the following:
Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Return

Pretty good attack stats and not a lot of people use it so I gave it a try. Can OHKO quite a few things. You basically lock yourself into earthquake if you don't see any flying types. If you don't see any steels or ghosts you lock yourself into return. Otherwise rotate to talonflame.
Diggersby is awesome against jolteon since it is immune to shadow ball and thunderbolt.
It sucks that it can't ohko the legendaries and even regular pokes which are just a little bulkier.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

Brave Bird everything. Usually dies after 3 kills from recoil. The last kill can easily be done by the other team members.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Survive a hit with multiscale and get the kill with outrage. I almost never used dd. Might replace it with something else...

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Great coverage. Useful on every team. Also my only special attacker.

This team is imo definitely very frail. I want to use a bulkier ground type like garchomp. I also don't have a fighting type move which would have come in handy sometimes. I will probably use terrakion as soon as bank comes out.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So how did i screw up?
this happened several times to me when playing doubles/triples late at night. I would always have to select Char-Y's move first on each turn (starts on the left) and if I got to the next mon's choice and decided I wanted to change Char's move, I would almost always forget to re-select to mega evolve, and it just so happens that most of those times I was selecting Solar Beam as well...

This team is imo definitely very frail. I want to use a bulkier ground type like garchomp. I also don't have a fighting type move which would have come in handy sometimes. I will probably use terrakion as soon as bank comes out.
Garchomp comes highly reccomended from me, but having a second Dragon type (Especaily Dragon/Ground) is going to make your team MASSIVELY vulnerable to Ice types (It happens). I'd go for Terrakion too, but that might require a LOT of patience. If you need a temporary Fighting-Type, M-Lucario is a execlent choice IMO.

Hey again every1!!!

Just passing by to say that I've reached a 200 steak today with my triple team I posted earlier. I wanted to say that my 15 IV in Attack Leafeon has been helpful in a couple of times. Always with Razor Leaf. Maybe he's better than I thought (So maybe I'll breed one with perfect At IV, so I can see his truly strenght). But My Entei keeps bugging me. I don't trust him entirely. I win 90% of the time with the 3 starters and sometimes Mienshao has to come in.

I'll be glad if I can get some advices :D

Here's the video proof. And you can see how I play with it. It was like a regular game :D

VXDW-WWWW-WWW5-6EP8

Since there aren't as many super rotations records I tried my luck with that. My streak stopped at 70 when I lost due to some bad damage rolls^^ My record is 69 (lol). Here is the last battle 25WW-WWWW-WWW5-5T43

My team was the following:
Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Return

Pretty good attack stats and not a lot of people use it so I gave it a try. Can OHKO quite a few things. You basically lock yourself into earthquake if you don't see any flying types. If you don't see any steels or ghosts you lock yourself into return. Otherwise rotate to talonflame.
Diggersby is awesome against jolteon since it is immune to shadow ball and thunderbolt.
It sucks that it can't ohko the legendaries and even regular pokes which are just a little bulkier.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

Brave Bird everything. Usually dies after 3 kills from recoil. The last kill can easily be done by the other team members.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Survive a hit with multiscale and get the kill with outrage. I almost never used dd. Might replace it with something else...

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Great coverage. Useful on every team. Also my only special attacker.

Replaced diggersby with mega-lucario

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Didn't even use rock slide once...
On second thought adamant would probably be better.

Got up to 76 today (A35G-WWWW-WWW5-6M88).
Still not fully satisfied though. Maybe I'll copy some parts of the teams around here and see how that works out...

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really need a better AI partner for the multi battles. I was having some success using a rain themed team with my partner who had a Zapdos and Lapras but their move choices were just cringe-worthy. I had a frustrating loss when we led with Politoed and Zapdos and the opponents had Poliwrath and Aerodactyl. I knew I was in for trouble when instead of killing either opponent with Thunder, Zapdos went for Light Screen!! (against two physical attackers no less). Toed couldn't get the KO on Aero either thanks to a Passho berry. Anyway several turns later (and everything going horribly for me) it's down to just my partner's Lapras and the opponent's Gastrodon, and instead of grinding it out by spamming Ice Beam, Lapras instead decides that Psychic is the way to go (about a 5hko instead of a 3hko). Then on the verge of victory, instead of going for the kill with the almighty Psychic, Lapras goes for the Surf and heals Gastrodon up!! Gastro finishes Lapras with Sludge Bomb...

So if anyone has either of those coveted Typhlosion/Entei hit me up, yeah?

I'm not sure what you're asking. A PP Up is used outside of battle to raise the PP of one move permanently, not like an Ether or Leppa Berry that restores PP during battle. I haven't done anything online but at least in the BM there is no way to access your bag anyway.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
I'm meant the item that permanently raises the PP of a move
yes the effect of pp-up/max is permanent in all game modes, this includes the maison and online. you can think of raising pp of moves as similar to ev training. it's just increasing stats...

I really need a better AI partner for the multi battles. I was having some success using a rain themed team with my partner who had a Zapdos and Lapras but their move choices were just cringe-worthy. I had a frustrating loss when we led with Politoed and Zapdos and the opponents had Poliwrath and Aerodactyl. I knew I was in for trouble when instead of killing either opponent with Thunder, Zapdos went for Light Screen!! (against two physical attackers no less). Toed couldn't get the KO on Aero either thanks to a Passho berry. Anyway several turns later (and everything going horribly for me) it's down to just my partner's Lapras and the opponent's Gastrodon, and instead of grinding it out by spamming Ice Beam, Lapras instead decides that Psychic is the way to go (about a 5hko instead of a 3hko). Then on the verge of victory, instead of going for the kill with the almighty Psychic, Lapras goes for the Surf and heals Gastrodon up!! Gastro finishes Lapras with Sludge Bomb...

So if anyone has either of those coveted Typhlosion/Entei hit me up, yeah?
That's rough. I lost in the upper forties because my partner's Serperior with leaf storm, hyper beam and the ability contrary used hyper beam twice in a row on something that resisted grass. 150 + 150 vs 112.5+225+337.5+450. GUH. And it was from my wife's friend code. I know she did it on purpose.

Finally I lost :( at 243 steak

It was all my fault. Altho the cpu is just so mean. He sent 3 flash fire pokemon almost at the same time and it confirmed my fears: Fire pokemon were my team weakness.... So i'll try another thing next time :D

The team was the same from above:

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze (Drought)
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- SolarBeam

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
IVs: 31/x/x/31/31/31
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Rock Slide
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

Cherrim @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flower Gift
IVs: 31/x/31/x/31/31
EVs: 252 HP / 126 Def / 126 SDef
Modest Nature
- Helping Hand
- Solar Beam
- Protect
- Sunny Day

Mienshao @ Big Root
Ability: Regenerator
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch
- U-Turn
- Fake Out

Entei @ Flame Plate
IVs: 30/6/9/18/5/12
Hasty Nature
- Eruption
- Extrasensory
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Ability: Chlorophyll
IVs: 31/14/31/31/31/31 (<---- I got the IVS WRONG!!! LOL )
Adamant Nature
- Razor Leaf
- Leaf Blade
- Dig
- Helping Hand

Here is the proof
UVQG-WWWW-WWW5-7A3U

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)