The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The Broncos are favored in this game and entered the season as the #1 Super Bowl favorites. They are led by who will likely go down as the best football player in history. There is nothing underdog-like about this team at all. The Seahawks are more of an underdog team since most of their good players were drafted in late rounds (Wilson, Kam Chancellor, Avril, Arrogant Asshole, etc.). These are clearly either the two best teams in football or two of the three best teams in football. If the Broncos won, nobody would be shocked. If the Seahawks won, nobody would be shocked. This might be the most even Super Bowl in history (besides Giants-Patriots II).

Seahawks win in a tight game, IMO.

Also, Richard Sherman will likely go down as the only person in human history to lose a debate to Skip Bayless.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Skip is a sensationalist, but he's not an idiot. If you're looking for pure, unadulterated stupidity you have to watch Jemele Hill (and the dude who co-hosts with her) on Numbers Never Lie.

It's scary to think that Stephen A. Smith was the only thing stopping Skip from being the smartest man in the room during the Sherman episode.

Skip is a sensationalist, but he's not an idiot. If you're looking for pure, unadulterated stupidity you have to watch Jemele Hill (and the dude who co-hosts with her) on Numbers Never Lie.

It's scary to think that Stephen A. Smith was the only thing stopping Skip from being the smartest man in the room during the Sherman episode.
awww come on smith is a big lovable oaf. if you just ignore what hes actually saying and watch how silly he looks when he gets worked up you'll grow to love him like i do <3

My superbowl prediction, feel free to quote me for posterity afterwards:

Broncos 34, seahawks 17 in a boring super bowl controlled by the Broncos the whole game. The first blowout since the Bears-Colts. The Seahawks defense is good but it isn' going to do much tomorrow. Peyton won't drop 400 yards, but he'll have an efficient day as he phones it in against an overmatched team. Yawn.

Jerome Bettis doesn't get into the Hall again, and even though he's my favorite player, I don't bat an eye. Sad. Derrick Brooks, Aeneas Williams, Andre Reed, Walter Jones, Michael Strahan are your modern era HOFers. Ray Guy finally makes it, and Claude Humphrey is the other senior inductee.

So, Manning wins both Offensive Player and MVP, not too surprising I suppose. And he'll add a Super Bowl one no doubt if the Broncos win tomorrow.

Regardless of anyone's feelings about Manning, 5 over a career is pretty damn impressive and a record now.

So, Manning wins both Offensive Player and MVP, not too surprising I suppose. And he'll add a Super Bowl one no doubt if the Broncos win tomorrow.

Regardless of anyone's feelings about Manning, 5 over a career is pretty damn impressive and a record now.
They should change the MVP award name to the Peyton Manning award.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Apparently, you've never heard of Tom Brady.

Bettis just isn't a HOFer to me. He was an average plugger who consistently finished seasons with a sub-4.0 YPC who only reached the yardage he did because of durability. His career YPC is 3.9, and he's the only player in the top 15 all-time yardage for whom that's true. He was never a dangerous RB receiving out of the backfield, only catching 3 TDs. Sorry, I'm just not impressed.

Super happy Andre Reed made it. He has been deserving for a long time, and Cris Carter getting in last year finally paved the way for Reed. My guess is Tim Brown, Marvin Harrison, and Charles Haley all get in next year.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looks like I didn't miss much while I was in Uganda.

Alex Smith making the Pro Bowl and people insisting that Richard Sherman going to and graduating from Stanford means he is intelligent and was not at all given special treatment because he was a starter on the football team.

Thanks for saving the good stuff for when I got back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)