The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Other than the obvious fact that the "most valuable player" must, as a statement of fact, be either the offensive or defensive player of the year (any other player you could possibly mention would have to be inferior to one of those two players, not counting special teams) unless you're one of those losers who think valuable != best, I don't like it when one person wins both awards. :( I mean, you're basically awarding a person twice for one thing. That kinda defeats the purpose of having two separate awards.

And not that I think Bettis is HoF-worthy anyway but I feel like his poor career YPC is partly a product of the role he was asked to play in his offense, a consistent bruiser to pound the rock in obvious short-yardage rushing situations. I mean, if he was an all-time great he'd have broken more big runs or consistently gained a wee bit more and be sitting at a more respectable 4.2-ish YPC but I don't think it proves him bad. He still goes in my Hall of Very Good, I suppose.

WTF R U DOIN DENVER FUCK

EDIT: LOL AGAIN DENVER JESUS CHRIST

Last edited:
no actually there will be a snowstorm that'll last 34 minutes and then they'll clear the field and everything will be ok

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
In other news, I'm extremely disappointed that not only is it not snowing at the Super Bowl but it's not even that cold, it's in the 40's. :[

So, start Manning for the regular season heroics, but Denver needs to find a different backup QB for the playoffs/Super Bowl.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
My superbowl prediction, feel free to quote me for posterity afterwards:

Broncos 34, seahawks 17 in a boring super bowl controlled by the Broncos the whole game. The first blowout since the Bears-Colts. The Seahawks defense is good but it isn' going to do much tomorrow. Peyton won't drop 400 yards, but he'll have an efficient day as he phones it in against an overmatched team. Yawn.
Taking you up on your offer. At least you were right on the blowout part.

This was over at the first snap. Seattle D is good, but Denver just did not come to play.

Not all Manning's fault, but the choke talk will haunt him for the rest of his career.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Wow, this is sort of a disappointing game - not really worth watching. Seattle took control from the very beginning, and Denver never really recovered. I'm thinking it'll be like 50-15 or something like that.

This was one of the best blowouts ever, and considering it happened so far into the parity era, and only 8 points allowed, maybe the best (only Niners-Broncos & Cowboys-Bills compete out of the other Super Bowls). Anyone who thinks this was disappointing and not worth watching is a completely fake football fan, a poser who only likes games when they appear arbitrarily compelling. This game involved a team perfectly executing its game plan...ignore the luck (the safety, one of the fumbles) and this is still a perfect execution of football by the best defense of the season against the best offense. Their game plan was to let P. Manning have whatever he wanted short and nothing deep, and they did that to a ridiculous degree. This was a glorious ass kicking, and you have to not really understand or like what football actually is to be disappointed.

This game is fantastic for so many reasons, but the simplest way I can explain it: since modern football really jumped into the "everyone weighs a shitload" era with the 90s Cowboys, only 4 of 44 teams before today had scored less than 17 points in a Super Bowl. The two highest scoring regular season teams of all times are now 2/5 of those teams. 2/5 out of 46 fucking teams!!! Those teams who had the worst QB failures were QBed by Jim Kelly (in his 4th straight Super Bowl defeat, poor bastard), Kerry Collins (mediocre as fuck), Hasselbeck (mediocre as fuck), Brady (OMG POSSIBLE GOAT ETC ETC ETC), Manning (OMG DEFINITELY GOAT IT MUST HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PASSING RULES RIGHT!!). Which of those two defeats do you think are the best fucking games? Hint: not the ones with a refjob and mediocre QBs.

(Ravens was pretty good too, that defense! but Ravens only led 10-0 at halftime...22-0 at halftime is spectacular)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)